ardent

Come Away To The Water

Kitsune

gems
size
build
player
05-14-2014, 08:58 PM

The delicate young girl would pad along the riverbed, staring in confusion at the violent water that bubbled there. In truth, she had wandered here once or twice before, but never had there been actual life in this river of sand. She had heard stories of the floods that occurred here when it rained... but when one beheld such a dry, barren place, it became hard to believe. But here she stood, taking in the gurgling of water as it carried away months of dead mud. There was an inaudible sigh in the air as Kitsune continued to stare. How could she cross it now? She would have to explore by another way.

Her plush tail swung daintily behind her as she moved across the cracked ground, avoiding each jagged line with her tiny paws. There was a look of concern on her visage, one that caused a crease to form in the spot between her brilliant silver eyes. "Where can I go now?" she whispered to herself, gaze flickering nervously to the nearby trees. She knew that a pack of wolves lived in those woods, some distance away. Who was to say one wouldn't emerge at any moment and take the poor fox in its jaws? Kitsune shuddered and quickened her pace, hoping to find a dry place to cross.

"Speech."
Thoughts.

Váli

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
keanai

Famous
05-14-2014, 10:13 PM

Never before had she dared cross the borders that marked her home land. It was only recently that they had even ventured from their den and home after all? but now that the thought had crossed her mind it consumed her. She didn?t need to go far... just take a few steps over and see if the world looked different on the other side... that was all she needed to do. She was almost certain her momma would be furious if she found out, but, the temptation? curiosity won out, and she would take the steps to the border and cross over. She would let out a giggle as she found herself in unclaimed territory. She would raise her head to the wind and reveal in the freedom of the moment. She wonder a little further and with each step, until she would sag a little with a sigh. It actually looked the same out here what a disappointment!

The little girl would trudge along now with a little more defeat in her shoulders, right up into she reached the watered out land. She would look at the expanse of water and for a second that was all she could see. It looked even more interesting than their wolfpaw lake! On second glance she would see the fox, and her eyes would go round as she took in the furry bundle. ?what is that ? she would breath softly, before slinking to the ground and padding along as quietly as she could to get towards it (which basically translated to noisily and sloppily with lots of bum wagging) she moved until she was right behind the creature. At which her bum and tail would flick behind her with excitement, her entire back half swaying with the movement as large eyes stalked the creature.

[Image: aGjjkVy.png]

Kitsune

gems
size
build
player
05-15-2014, 09:52 AM

The fox continued to walk beside the angry river, her narrow maw pulled into a frown. She had been walking for several minutes now, and still there was no dry land to be seen. No bridges to cross. She was at a loss now.

Her steps were silent, leaving no sound but the water than ran alongside her. Which is why, when more footfalls could be heard, she stopped in her tracks. Graceful head swung about, looking for her pursuer. Instantly her argent eyes locked with a pair of verdant ones. There was a wolf following her, albeit a tiny one. This pup was not much larger than Kitsune was. Still she whirled around and took several steps back, her eyes widening as well. It was silent for a long while, save for the water and the sounds of their breathing. Her fears had been realized. Of course this pup wouldn't do her much damage, but where there were children, there were parents. Kitsune hesitantly moved her eyes to the trees and back, waiting for the larger beast to appear. Her voice was soft, and it trembled as she spoke the only words that came to mind. "Hello. Where are your parents, little one?"

As the words passed her lips, Kitsune could only hope that they were far behind, at least far enough to give the female a chance to escape.

"Speech."
Thoughts.

Váli

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
keanai

Famous
05-15-2014, 03:10 PM

Her big eyes wouldn?t leave the fox?s form and when the creature turned around and eyed her she would flatten herself to the ground, as through her brown form could blend into the greenery and wet lands around them. She didn?t blink, only watched, and when the fox stepped a few paces back she was very tempted to flick her gaze behind her, wondering what was startling this creature ? after all Cecily was invisible wasn?t she? That?s what happened when you stalked prey, right? You became invisible?

However, it soon became clear that this fox had super-wolf abilities and could see through her clever camouflage. She even had the gall to call her a little one. ?I?m not little! I?m a big strong invisible hunter and you can?t see me!? she retorted loudly, indignation clear within her high tones. ?Momma?s back home and she?s gona be really proud when I bring you home with me and show you off? she added, her tone brightening with each word she spoke now. Her tail would begin to wag behind her now with light enthusiasm. ?I caught you. That means you have to come back and be my fluff ball and i can make Signy jealous hat I found you first?

Kitsune

gems
size
build
player
05-15-2014, 09:17 PM

Kitsune tipped her head to the side as she saw the brown pup flatten itself on the ground. Still, she stayed away, bright silver eyes moving to the trees once more as she waited for a reply. When would the parents come bursting through the trees? Would they ever come?

As the pup finally returned to its previous position, it began to speak. The little female sounded indignant. "Are you sure? Because I'm pretty sure I can see you." Suddenly the woman began to release her stress, the playfulness of this child bringing on a childish feeling of her own. She squinted dramatically, as if truly concentrated on what she saw in front of her. Thoughts of full grown wolves were left behind as Kitsune stepped forward again. Her thick tail moved happily behind her. "I don't think your mother would be happy to see me. Some wolves don't like little creatures. They eat them up!" With this, the silvery maiden leaned in and made funny munching noises, tickling lightly at the pup with her nose.

As to the comment about catching the little fox, she could only scoff. "Oh, really? Try to catch me now!" Her voice was enthusiastic as she called out, jumping into a chasing game. Her willowy figure danced about, a blissful laugh issuing from her lips. "Come on, you're it now! Gotta tag me if you wanna win..." Her sense of youth was instantly restored as she sang out the little taunt. Her tail seemed to spiral crazily, caught up in her childish excitement. It would take a lot of work for this tiny wolf to catch her. She was far more graceful and quick than this child. Game on.

"Speech."
Thoughts.

Váli

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
keanai

Famous
05-16-2014, 03:38 PM

This creatures next words would bring a pout across Cecily's maw, she could totally not see her ? she was invisiable! The pout would evaporate in a moment when the fox started to squint and peer at her position as through struggling to see her. Her butt would jiggle in excitement behind her, it worked! It worked! She had blended in and become invisible! The fox would move forward, only pipping Cecily excitement and curiosity that little bit more. She had never seen a creature like this before, She was lighter of build and fluffier then Cecily and clearly just... different.

The fox was right before her now and spoke about getting eaten up! When the fox leaned in and made munching noises between her teeth Cecily would gasp and jump a little as through a scary story had been told. ?Does not!? she retorted, why would her mummy eat her new fluff ball? That was nonsense talk.

Cecily would let out a noise of annoyance as the fox took her words to heart and leaped away as through expecting Cecily to chase her. ?No fair! I already cought you!? she cried, indignation clear in her high pitched tones. But the fox seemed utterly unfazed, calling out that she was it. Cecily made another little squealing nose, this fox was as bad as Cecily, calling things out without any warning and taking off. So. Not. Fair.

Cecily wasn't afraid to get her paws wet and tore off after the fox, occasionally jumping over a part of the water and sending up a splash of waves. This thing was quick and she thing she had to corner it or something. She wasn't going to let fluff ball get away, no way!

"Speech"

Kitsune

gems
size
build
player
05-16-2014, 04:21 PM

The woman would laugh cheerfully for a moment longer, letting the little wolf trail behind. Then she gave in, not wanting to upset the child, and slowed her pace dramatically. "Now you get to catch me again!" she called teasingly, leaping away a few more times before letting the little creature bring her down. Kitsune would roll theatrically in the dirt, not even caring about her soiled coat. She could wash it later. For now she would play. Her noises of defeat were loud and obnoxious, giving way to more giggles as the pup would cry out in indignation.

Kitsune would lean up and whisper in her ear, "But you're still not bringing me anywhere." She didn't necessarily trust this child to tell her what would happen. Just because she denied the danger, that didn't mean it didn't exist. What if her parents got angry and decided to harm the little fox? No way would she put herself in that danger. Her lips would pull into a frown as she leaned back again to look the girl in the eye. Silver and green seemed to battle for a moment. "I'm sorry, little friend. I just wouldn't feel safe. Okay?"

Váli

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
keanai

Famous
05-16-2014, 08:14 PM

Althrough her pace did not feel any different, she must have found a way to put on more speed because the fox suddenly became a lot closer and a lot easier to catch, despite the fox's big words about needing to catch her again she would come within rage, and running and bum-wagging would make Cecily an easy site as she tried to pounce and run at the same time. Despite how disastrous that could have been she would catch the fox and they would roll in the dirt together. She looked at the fox with triumph now, until the creature would speak again. ?I caught you. I gota bring you home! I wouldn't let anyone eeeat you? she shuddered, remembering the munching noises the fox had made earlier. ?You'll be my fluffball and mine alone and no one else would touch you? she promised.

The little girl would sigh and the seemingly sincere words the other gave her. With another sigh she would flop herself against the earth and look up at the sky. ?ohh mann? she complained, now Sisny was to win for sure! He was probably bringing something bigger and getter then Cecily's find anyway. ?If I can't take you home, where can I take you fluffball?? she would ask.

Kitsune

gems
size
build
player
05-18-2014, 07:42 PM

At first Kitsune was determined not to let the dirt in her fur bother her at all, but soon it began to itch. So she rolled gently out of the pup's grip and shook herself out, releasing a little beige cloud of dust that settled into the river. She snickered a bit at the sight before settling down to lick her paws clean. Her silvery eyes would remain focused on the child, however, as her high voice rang out again. She promised not to let anyone eat the poor fox, but how could this little creature keep that from happening? Kitsune put her front paw back on the ground and uttered a sigh, pausing to listen to the other words this pup had to say. She laughed at one particular phrase. "Excuse me, young lady, I am not your little anything" Her voice was almost apologetic. She didn't want to hurt any feelings, after all. "I don't belong to you... sorry."

Kitsune then flipped her ears from side to side and began to wash them as well. Her luxurious tail swayed lightly across the ground. "So to answer your question, you cannot take me anywhere. I don't even know your name." The masked maiden dropped a playful wink, hinting that perhaps the child should introduce herself.

Váli

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
keanai

Famous
05-19-2014, 09:48 PM

She was surprised when the fox offered words of resistance, and she tilted her head at other in clear bafflement. ?But I found you? she pointed out, like it should be the most obvious thing in the world. She levelled a look at the fox as she tried to make what she already knew as logic, to be clear to the silly fluff ball before her. Cecily sighed at the fox's adamant words, clearly this creature didn't know how the world worked and it would be her job to explain it. ?I found you, and I caught you and I named you, since I found you first that means your mine, and that your my fuzzykins and that we should play together and have fun and be best friends? she pointed out, a slightly exasperated expression on her face, that would lighten up immediately as the other asked for her name. ?Silly me, im Cecily!? she said brightly, and giggled as she playful batted a paw at the air and wiggled her tail beneath her, incapable of remaining still.

"words"