size
Small
build
Emaciated
player
Tealah

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Treat 2019
11-27-2021, 11:55 AM
Alfrun ghosted through pack territory with slow, staggering steps. Already delicately thin before she'd sickened, she was now little more than skin and sinew stretched over birdlike bones, except for the bulge at her sides where grew the only hope of her genes continuing in the world. She was completely blind now except for the swirls of color and auras that her mind imposed across the darkscape of her unseeingness. A migraine pounded at her head, already weighted down with crystals so thickly grown over her face that she could barely lift it to stand, growing from her mangled mouth so that she could not close it but could only allow it to gape and drip oddly colored fluids everywhere. She should have been in her den, but a terrible thirst had driven her from it to take step by suffering step towards the river, so so very far away yet....

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Festival OrganizerMammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWinnerPride - AsexualBeevent
Double MasterVolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019
Promptober 2019
11-28-2021, 10:15 AM

Álarr bottled up his next batch of marshmallow tea in a water skin from a bison bladder. He hoped it would help keep the tea warm for his short journey. He'd tended to Pesto and was on his way to Alfrún. She, like his brother, had the strange crystal illness and he feared for her health. Illness had claimed two of their older members already and Alfrún had always been on the thin side. Alas, to make matters worse he had no idea how best to treat the crystal illness. Fungus sure. He had concocted an anti-fungal cream but he couldn't fathom what was forming the crystal. Could they be created by some bacteria? He did have some ointments for infection that might be worth a try.

He'd been on his way to her den when he suddenly spied her up and walking about. She looked terrible. "Alfrún! What are you doing out, you should be resting. I've brought you some tea." He paused to scratch at the shriveled mushrooms that still clung to his ears, sending a few flying as he itched.

Alfrún

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Emaciated
player
Tealah

11-28-2021, 01:35 PM
Alfrun did not, at first, notice the voice calling for her and her feet didn't pause on their slow, heavy slog. She probably would have kept trudging all the way to the river without noticing if, when he was distracted by scratching at his ear, she hadn't walked right into his chest and bounced off to stand in a moment of confused blinking. She turned her heavy head in his general direction. "Jupiter?" she said hopefully, her voice mangled into mush by the crystals blocking her jaws. But no, even through the ooze coming from her nose she could smell that it wasn't her husband and she sighed in quiet disappointment, then swayed dizzily as a wave of lightheadedness washed over her. And thirst - that terrible need driving her to the water she craved. "Don't worry about me," she said creakily, blinking blindly in his direction. "I wouldn't do anything to hurt the pups. I just need the water... a drink... going to the river..." She trailed off, her attention already focused on the need to continue on to the river.

Álarr

Avalon
Beta

Master Fighter (330)

Master Healer (246)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

LegendarySamhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Festival OrganizerMammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWinnerPride - AsexualBeevent
Double MasterVolcanoExplorer1KChristmas 2019Trick 2019
Promptober 2019
11-28-2021, 02:32 PM

Álarr took a few steps back as Alfrún continued forward, seeming not to have heard him. She bumped into his chest and asked if he was Jupiter. "Ah, no. It's Álarr." He stared at her for a moment when she stated she wouldn't do anything to hurt the pups. What pups? Valkyrie's litter? As yearlings he hardly considered them pups even though he didn't consider them adults either.

At the mention of a drink he reached back to his pack and pulled a ceramic bowl from the side pocket. He set it down. "Here, I have some warm tea for you." He slipped the water skin down from around his neck and used his teeth to uncork it before pouring the tea in the bowl. "I think this will help. Don't worry about the pups. Dagrún's making a recovery and I believe Fin will as well. Ysmir and Katja are unaffected as far as I know."

Alfrún

Somnium

gems
size
Small
build
Emaciated
player
Tealah

11-28-2021, 04:33 PM
Alfrun obediently lowered her heavy head to lap at the tea, redolent with marshmallow, that the healer poured into a bowl for her. Even as the tea wet her throat, the thirst did not abate but grew into a longing need for the river. She couldn't drag her mind from it until his words penetrated her foggy preoccupation and she lifted her head to tilt it quizzically at the alpha's brother. "Hmm? Oh, no, not Valkyrie's children. I knew they would be well. I meant my babies, of course." Her voice turned wispy and dreamy, a faint smile curving her crystal-clogged muzzle. "You see, I bear my husband's progeny at last. That alone is worth the sacrifice the crystal extracts of me."

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-28-2021, 07:21 PM
F̷̢̢̢̨̨̢̛̛̬̜̩̹͇̝̗̪̜͙͕̝̫̟̥͖̯̱̰̹̗̺̜͈̰͚͎̜̘̩̠̱̱͈̜̭̀̍̇̋͊̉̂̈̑̓̉̄̈́͗̑͗̓̽͋̾̍͛͗͛̏̐̑͐̒̔͋̕͘͘͜͝͠͠͝͠͝ͅͅÍ̷̡̢̞̘͖͙̮̺̝̼͉͈̼̣͕̲̜̤̦̦͚̗̃̊̕͝ͅR̵̨̨̳̭͚̻̱̥̮͓̫̤̺̱͕̹͚̲͕̼̙̯̟̻̠̖͙̘̦̀́̊̒͑͊͋̏́͑̈́̔̌̈́̒́̂̑̃̅͗̅̄͆̍͆̃̓̾̀̾̒̎̾̓̿̅̏͊̕̕͝ͅȨ̸̡̛̤̬͇͍̬̗̙̠͔̓̅̄͊̀̃͐͐̄̏̈̍͗̓̋̏̀̈́̉̐͊́̄̅͘͠F̸̡̡̢̣͔͎̭̳̱̙͖͍̣̳̣͓̰̠̳̜̲̣̠̖̖͉̘̗͙̖̼̜̖̞͙͇̲̫̺̻͙̥͈̬̤̬̩͒ͅͅĻ̸̳̟̘̫̺͓̺̊̋͑̈́͊̇̽̏̒̔̉̊̽̇̉̔̑̉̔͋̈́̈́̃̐̽͘͝͝͝Y̵̡̡̛̛̦͙̬͙̮̘̺̗͕̜̜͙̟͍̺͙̖̫͕̩̆͊̊̈́͛͛̈́̌͊̀̾̿̄̅̏̿̽̑̌͂̇̋̎̐́̑̈́͂͊͒̏̕̚͘͜͝ͅ ̷̨̢̢̢̨̛̣͓̭̘̯̜̗͔͇̜̟͕͙̬̘͖̠̫̫͚̩̠̬̠͍̦̰̯̈́̂̄̂̐̆̀̅́͘͘͜S̷̡̧̡̛̬͕̫̮͖̹̣̖͓̥̹͓̹̹͉̩̠̩̻̠̝͕͐͐̈͒́̈́̄̿́͊̉͊͐̈̆͒̈́̈́̍͊̊́̾̾̄̕̕̚͠ͅͅḨ̵̪͍͓͍̓̎̽͐̐̇͊̈́̊̐̓̎̄̔̋͐̔̏̽͐̿̑̏̏̅͐̆͂̂͒͆̒̄̉̏̈́͌̒̉̎̆͘̕͝͝Ŏ̵̢̧̢̗̬̰̣̹̘̰̥̗̥̦̫̙͈̞̣̘̞̯̟̱̖̀̏͝ͅͅP̵̨͚̟͚͇͎̣̝̞̈́P̶̨̛̛̘̣͍͎̱̙̲͚͚̼̟̈̀̍͆̍̎́͐̈́͐̐̓̆͂̃́̋̍͆͠E̵̢̨̧͍͕͖͍̰̹̦͕̼̺̤̙͉̫̝̠͇̯͙̬̩͉̱͍̔̓̉͋́́̆͐̇̈́̔́̂̓̄͋̈͗͘͝ - Alfrun

You hear a small pop inside your head, like a small abscess burst. Internally. Shortly after, you feel woozy.

You gain:
  • Mushrooms (6x)- Used in Firefly Shoppe, or perhaps elsewhere...

You blink, and you're face to face with a figure who seems as if it's clipping through d̴̰͚͖̮͙̥̥̙̥̬̬̼̙̟̤͖̘̺̩͓̙̣͙͇̤͓̰͕̺͉̳̰̰̺̠̠̟͓̘̭̘̿̈́͛̈́̇̈͗́́͂͌̓̈͛́̀̿̽̓̈́̈͘͜͝͝į̸̡͔̖͈͕͙̺͈̺͔͇͍̭͖̖̟̙͚̠̯̻̘̼̙͇̮̬̳̹̼̣̻͖͉̪̾̀̆̔̉̽͋̄̇̄͂̈́ͅͅm̶̧̢̱̯̲̻̳̞̦͚͖͎̼̹͙̩̹̟͕̥͉̤̭̠͔͎̜̪̲͈̰̼͙̟̱̺̯̼̐̿͛͑͛̅̍́̇̔̎̀̾̉̒͋̾̒̿͛̀̕͠͠͝è̸̢̡̧̥͓̩͉͉̙̺̫̦͍̮̤͙̩̭̹̬̰̭̮̫̹͉̦͔̘͛̈́̍̓̒͌͊͌̌̍̽̓̏̎͘̚͜͝n̴̢̧̝͕͇͚͉̩̱̫̭͇̬̹͎̈ͅś̷̨̨̡̖̩͚̖̱͇͇͔̪̺͎̮̤̻̹̯͔̺̰̯͉͔̼̗̙͈̯͙̮̳̤̹̳̹̝̝̦̻̃̇̌́͒̊̓͋̌̍̐̕͜͝͝ͅi̸̧̧̨̧̭̳̦̲̣̜̼̙̅͛̓͊͆͌̔̿̋͆̑̍̏̔̏̓̌̕̕̕̕͠͝o̴̧̢̦̗̘͔͕̮̼̣̬̥̠̱͚̱̣̩̭̟̺̲̠͕̹͓̲̜̙̝͇͓̩͚̦̿̇̽ņ̶̧̢̢̛̥̣͎̦̬̫͍̪̣̣̦̜̹̝͖͚̟͕̮̫̣͉̗̘̼͎͕͈͉̇͂̊̒̅͛̄̄̅́͂̍͌̌̀̀͂̎̍̆̉̈́̐͋͂̍̈́̽̌̽͘̕͘͘͘͜͜͠ͅs̸̢̧͚̖̟̞̲̥͔̣̼̰̥͔̲̟̮̟̹̠̱̩̬̹͉̯͇̣̭̦̪̱̣͉̭̖͖͚͊̃͋̐͑͌͋̊̕͝ͅ. In front of him, a small wooden stand, which thankfully looks firmly placed in your dimension. On the table lay three items, with their prices beside them. "Choose if you ḑ̴̛̠̲̰̪͎̮̻͕̝̻͉͇̳̙̗̬̤̖̙͚̰̲̑̆̎͆̉̉̈́̍̂̑͂̽͐̽̔͌̈̈́̓̒̂̅͘͘͜ͅą̵̪͙̦̖̮̮͈͖͇̭̗͈̖̫̲̗̜͍̀̾̾̎͂̈́̓͗̎̎̿͋͛̒̑̅̐́̔́̓̕̚͠ͅŗ̵̧̧̛͉̝̰͉̖̯̘̜͉͍̥̟̖̫̤̪͖̬͇͖͓̪̩̫̊̍͂̄͘͜ę̴̡̢̧̢̳̲̹̬̻̫̦̣̣̠̳̼͍͇̜̓͌́̚͜͝, and if you can a̵̘̜͇̱̽̌̇̅̐̏͗̑̂̽̊͆̏̒͝f̵̨̨̜̭̬̠̞̫̮̲̺̼̝̻̟͖̯̼͚͕̻̤̤͉͉̯̈́̾̈́͐͝f̷̟͓͖͔͕͎̥̖̝̞͈͆́̏̀͐̌̈̀̓̎͒̾̃̊̏͛̍͗͜ơ̷̡͓͙͓͚͙̪̖̻̣̞̹̻̻͇̫͓̟̹̔͌̑̈́͛̀̀̀̑̚͝r̷̢͈̝̝̲̼̦̺̜͔̲̳̀̈́ḑ̵̣̜̤̲̹̠͖̪͖͔̗̫̮͎̼̯͎͕̫̭̣͈̥̏ͅit," the figure says. You can't bring yourself to look away without some effort. You are keenly aware of his gaze. He does not seem like he's in the negotiating mood...

Į̴̧̘̹͙̘̲̤͖̔́͑͌̅̾̊͐̍͋̀̓̅̉̇̑̍͠͠ń̶̯͉̫̤̳͚̣̖̳̯͍̤͓̟͉̥̩̀͋̌ͅv̵̡̧̳̠̬̰̺͔̖̠̳̥͉͉̜͕̗͕̋̈͘ͅę̸̧̢̢̯̠̜̟̘̺̳̟̃̑͌̀̉̓͋͊̃̍̑̂̐̇̓̌͆̈́́͗̓͘͠n̵̡͙̲̞̰̭͖̠̮̺͊̉̑́͒̓͌̈́͐̅̚͝ţ̶̢̛̠̮̼͙͙̗̣̘͇̘͓͈͈̱̮̩̲̩̱̠͎͌̽̈́̒̍̎̀̋͗̇̔͊̇̀̀̋̈́͋̉́͌͜͝͠ơ̸̢̨̨̱̟̹̘̩̤̠͈͕̠̪̥̥̙̓͋̎͛̌͐̓̈́̐̌̂͂͑̋͘̚͜͝͠ȑ̴̠̬̫̻̠̘͔͖̦̰̩̖͎̜̞͉̘̭̙̮̰̹̙͔̳̬̱̆̎̍̿̌̇́̍̒͆͗̀͒͐͋̄̓͆́̕͘͠͝y̴̧͎̟̦̘̝̠̣̮̻̥̰͆͆͋͐͂̈́͊͛̈͋͆̊̇̄̾̈́̔̓̽͂̋̽̚͘:
  • Mushroom Based Acid- 2 /
    A small vial with a convenient handle that almost makes it seem throwable. Upon the label is a skull and crossbones symbol beside a shattered shield.
  • Equalizer- 3 /
    A small bag in which you can see two sickeningly green cookies, on the bag is a small tag with instructions: “Afore the eve of war, when the outcome is yet to be drawn eat one biscuit and leave the other for your opponent and all battlefields shall be made equal.”
  • Deer Dad's Blessing- 3 /
    Lets you become more like your favorite deer dad!