ardent

A very merry oozening to you! (To me?) To you!

hani

Sunder

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Beevent1K
11-28-2021, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2021, 04:38 PM by Sunder. Edited 1 time in total.)

While the rest of the world was going to shit and sprouting mushrooms, crystals, and the like, Sunder was merrily going about his business as a freshly minted pirate. Yes, he was infected and yes it was gross, but creatures got better all the time and he didn't feel too terrible. I mean yeah, he was tired and he had a headache and some pretty gross oozing, but Sunder was a glass half full kind of guy and he refused to let any of that get him down.

He stopped to wipe the ooze from his face at a small salty tide pool and took a moment to look at his reflection once the water had stilled. My, he was a terrible mess. Maybe the saltwater would help fix whatever infection was nesting in his ears. It was kind of comical, actually. Nobody leaked glowing ooze, you know? He looked like a failed attempt at clown makeup. That thought was enough to make him chuckle and after swishing his paw through the water one last time Sunder took off down the beach humming merrily to himself all the while.

""

Hani

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
11-28-2021, 03:53 PM
Hani had remembered her death and she remembered waking back up in the world she used to belong to. She didn't belong here anymore, though. While there was nothing that she had wanted to do while alive, now that she was alive again, she was adamant to find a way to become dead again. Her attempts this far failed, and she was always finding herself standing up as if just awakening from a slumber. She wanted to go back to sleep. Being alive was nothing she had ever wanted and death for her had been calm and restful.

She had, however, begun to enjoy the simple sensations around her. The darkness clouded over the mists and Hani stepped into the waters, the cool liquid flowing through her fur.

Aqua eyes spotted another as he frolicked about, glowing here and there. He lacked fur. Was he a skeleton? Hani called out to him, "Hello? Sir? Are you dead too?"

Sunder

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
Lazuli

11-28-2021, 04:15 PM

Curious words put Sunder's head on a swivel. His mouth closed save for a little bit of tongue at the end as he eyed the apparition curiously. Sunder had heard of this happening. That things died and came back under the haunting gaze of the unending moon. He was intrigued but not alarmed so he walked over. As far as caution went, what little he had was responsible for making his movements a meander instead of their usual full-tilt zeal. She seemed friendly. Perhaps a little lost, if he were to try to guess at her state of mind, which seemed natural for a dead wolf.

"Howya lady," he said merrily. Honestly he wasn't sure why she thought he might have been dead too, but that seemed like a trifling thing to question since it was coming from a dead woman. "No! Not dead, I canna be betta!" Sunder froze and took a moment to actually process those words before bursting out laughing. "Well, dat's not true, I suppose." He tapped one oozy ear. "I could do witout dese."

""

Hani

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
11-28-2021, 04:22 PM
The other wolf- no, dog?- was happily answering her. She didn't experience much of that feeling when she was alive. It felt weird to experience from the face of another. He said he couldn't be better and she didn't believe him, but he corrected himself and said he could be if it weren't for his oozing ears. So he wasn't dead. Well... Good for him she guessed.

"Any idea why I'm not dead when I'm supposed to be?" She asked. It wasn't like he summoned her or anything, but she had to ask. "And why are you so..." She gestured at his whole body, "like that?"

Sunder

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
Lazuli

11-28-2021, 04:36 PM

Well if she was going to ask those sorts of questions then he was going to have to get comfortable, wasn't he? Sunder plopped his bums down in the sand and beamed at the ghost with an expression that said it was story time and she needed to get comfortable too. "Well tings are kinda funky right now, ya see. Creatures are getting sick with dis glowy stuff, growing crystals and mushrooms, and da like. Da moon isna going away like it should and oh, what else..." he held a paw to his chin for a second to think and then jabbed it in the air when the missing thing came to him. "Oh and dere are dese fireflies buzzing around even dough it's too cold for dem."

He shrugged and smiled. "Just all kinda of weird stuff. No one knows why. But all dat happened and den dead wolves started to come back. Dere's been reunions bo't good and bad. It's all very dramatic." All of this was said as though he were an avid follower of Boreas drama, which he wasn't but he could be if given the chance. "Oh, and dis?" Sunder gestured to his naked body. "I was born dis way, all my people like dis. It's not da plague, I promise. Not dat I tink you can get it anyhow, but you neva know."

""

Hani

Somnium
Angel

gems
size
Medium
build
player
Iko

The Ooze Participant
11-28-2021, 04:45 PM
The bald boy settled down, but Hani just stayed stiffly, still overall uncomfortable with being alive again. He explained all the sickness and that there were ghosts and things and seemed as if it was all very normal. He threw in that his baldness was a part of his tribe, not the sickness. Hani didn't particularly care, but she agreed that this plague was no threat.

"When I died, there was another plague- one that would make you bleed from your eyes. None of this... Glowing stuff." She leveled her eyes at him, taking in his angular features. He really seems u bothered. "And all of this is... Okay with you?"

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-28-2021, 06:50 PM
Sunder

You feel an uncontrollable hunger...

You gain:
  • Mushroom (1x)- Used in Firefly's Shoppe, and perhaps elsewhere...

NPC

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
11-29-2021, 03:26 PM
Hani

You feel your figure shimmer lightly as if being pulled back to Somnium, but it subsides.

You gain:
  • Ethereal Somnium Pass (character-bound)- One time use. Allows a Somnium character to return to thread freely for 1 in-character season (2 months) after event is concluded. Restricted to only threads where you have permission to enter, no trespassing, pass will be revoked if abused. Post in Maintenance when ready to use this pass.