An icon representing the specialty Fitness Coach Fitness Coach

gems
size
Medium
build
Obese
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipPride - LesbianAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! UnderachieverBy the skin of my teethOverachieverSnake EyesCritical Fail!
12-07-2021, 11:47 AM
WC: 339

The symptoms of her condition were getting better with each passing day beneath the sun, its warmth melting away the mushrooms that clung to Ophie's form. If she'd been a better healer she would have at least attempted to try and find a cure by now but...Better late than never? So at the very least they'd be a little more prepared if this-whatever it was- returned some day. But she couldn't help but worry , if the Armada's more talented healers hadn't been able to fix it, how would she? Like she was simply just wasting her time, going through the motions to just feel useful. Classic Ophie stuff. Actually nope, no thanks. There was no harm in trying, it was better to try and fail then not bother at all, right? Right?

And so, Ophie lingered by the Sunset Falls and used a stick to gently poke at the ooze drooling from her shoulder, where a budding mushroom used to grow. From what she could tell the viscous fluid was probably harmless, nothing like the stinky and sticky ooze that seemed to drain every one of their energy and sense of mind. It seemed...thinner, diluted and watery as it rolled down the line of Ophie's twig. Like with each passing day it was crawling toward something good and natural, something that wasn't ashamed to be seen in the light of day.

With a thoughtful hum, she put down the twig and stood up straight with shoulders square. She breathed in real deep and held it for several counts, before exhaling slowly. If she'd tried to do this whilst sick she would have no doubt fallen into a fit of wracking coughs, but now she simply felt a little itch in the back of her throat. Further, proof she was indeed getting better, but why? Had the sun been the cure all along? What could the sun do that medicine and herbs could not? It didn't make a lick of sense to Ophie, but that wouldn't stop her from trying.
[Image: dfvjeij-a0c9c8b5-ce61-4d86-9a8a-51fb4374...Rpnlgn_8zs]

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fertile Fertile

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

Pride - BisexualSamhain 2022WealthyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
OverachieverCritical Attack!VolcanoLegendaryCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
12-25-2021, 09:25 PM
Theo had begun expanding her search to restock Abaven's stores before they shifted territories. It would be important to have a wide variety of herbs available for students to use, as well as a well-stocked first aid section. She hoped that once she spread news of her intentions, they wouldn't be a likely target for raids or unseemly behavior, but some wolves liked the thrill of doing something particularly sinister. Her own brother came to mind. Hopefully Noir wouldn't come calling any time soon. The day he'd darken her doorstep would be... interesting. Pushing thoughts of unsavory characters out of her head, Theo focused on putting one paw in front of the other on way to the falls.

The day had dawned misty and bright, hinting that the sun might very well burn away the morning mist. She was looking forward to another sunny spring day. With each passing sunrise, her body was beginning to feel more like its old self. There was no denying that her stamina was shot - she'd had to take a few breaks on the way here, when it had once been an uninterrupted journey that hadn't troubled her at all. It was embarrassing to arrive at the spring-flooded falls, wheezing and heaving like she'd never trotted a mile in her life. Sweat streaked her sides. There was that tell-tale thickness in the back of her throat, like the very last of that gunk just wouldn't clear away. When she arrived, she stopped to gasp a greeting to Ophelia. They'd crossed paths at the Hot Springs last year before the long night - she was one of Sirius' brood, had to be. His youngest litter, judging by her age. Ophie was certainly more, uh, filled out than she was used to seeing an Armada wolf, but there was still that telltale youthfulness about her. "H..." she gasped, swaying a bit on her paws. "hel... hello," Theo finished. Well, they were off to a great start.

wc 330
twc 669

Ophelia

Loner

Master Healer (240)

Expert Fighter (167)

An icon representing the specialty Fitness Coach Fitness Coach

gems
size
Medium
build
Obese
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipPride - LesbianAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! UnderachieverBy the skin of my teethOverachieverSnake EyesCritical Fail!
12-27-2021, 07:03 PM
WC:378
total: 1047

With mushroom ooze still drooling from her shoulder, Ophie turned with alarm as Theory plodded onto the scene. She looked just as exhausted as Ophie tended to be after even mild exercise, all out of breath and puffy as though there just wasn't enough oxygen in the air to fill her lungs. Waving her over with a flag of her tail, Ophie made room by the water. This was all they'd need, hopefully, rest, water and some TLC. Maybe more official medicine might help, but personally Ophie wasn't so sure since Gos' medicine hadn't worked back then when everyone felt their worst, so why would it now?

No. That wasn't the right way to look at things, there was no reason to get so pessimistic when there was a chance for Ophie to learn things and fill in the gaps of what she didn't know. It was time to stop wishing she was better at this or that and make an actual effort, baby steps till she can run alongside the rest. She just wished it wasn't so tiring, that she didn't get cold feet before she'd properly even started.

"Um..come sit here. it feels better to be in the sun. I don't know how...but it helps, I think." She paused, frowning a little. Maybe if she studied harder, was smarter she'd know how these two things were connected. it just seemed...so random to Ophie. "Is...can I help you? You're a healer too right, you can look me over and give your expert opinion if you'd like."

Reaching out for the stick she'd dropped, she rolled it beneath her paw. Back and forth, a gentle clattering to fill the silence. Where was she supposed to start? Man she really wasn't any good at this, none of this healery stuff came naturally to her at all, but it was too late to back out. She'd only get told off if she did, forced to do something else that probably included lots and lots of running...

"Do you feel a little better?" She asked, hoping the sun helped. "Maybe drink a little too. It's important to keep hydrated!"
[Image: dfvjeij-a0c9c8b5-ce61-4d86-9a8a-51fb4374...Rpnlgn_8zs]

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fertile Fertile

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

Pride - BisexualSamhain 2022WealthyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
OverachieverCritical Attack!VolcanoLegendaryCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
12-27-2021, 07:31 PM
Theory smiled weakly at Ophelia, nodding her head as much as she could manage. Oh yes, this was the big boned girl who'd almost drowned them both when Theory thought she'd sunk beneath the surface of the Hot Springs. She recognized her now that they were closer. One of Sirius' kids, but perhaps a little unlike the rest. It endeared her to Theory - she had a soft spot for anyone who didn't quite fit the mold of the expectations placed upon them. They often wound up surprising you. Heeding the younger healer's advice, Theory crept towards the patch of sunlight that beckoned her. Thin morning clouds had finally begun to disperse, warming up the clearing with each passing minute. "I'm normally..." she panted, slowly lowering herself to the water's edge, "a little more... put together." Theo took pauses between her words to drink deeply from the pool. Cool water slid down her throat as the sun warmed her back, creating a pleasant sensation. "That does feel much better," she murmured, closing her eyes and then shifting so that she laid on her side. Sunshine washed over her completely.

"Yes, let me take a look at what you're having trouble with. Mine was mostly of the mind, but I still feel a tightness in my throat," she admitted. "I know other wolves suffered growths in addition to that terrible, viscous liquid that seemed to leak from everywhere." Theo shuddered. Whenever she dwelled on the horrors they'd experienced too long, she found it difficult to move on and get on with the rest of her day. It was haunting. She tried to button it all up and put it away, but her attempts so far had failed - the pain, the discomfort, the terror was all too recent. Time was the greatest healer of all, and she hoped it would pass swiftly from here on out. "What seems to be bothering you the most?" She asked, sitting up and gesturing for Ophelia to come closer. Being sick herself had kept her from performing examinations on her own pack members. While she'd served them as best she could since coming back the brink, that guilt still remained. "If it's that spot on your shoulder there, a warm compress might help draw anything else out. Try not to fuss with it too much otherwise," she dropped her eyes to the stick Ophie was playing with, "and if possible, have someone else help you with it - or try to sanitize anything you have to use yourself. That stick might have lingering bacteria on it. Use clean materials, whenever you're able." The alpha rattled off a few tips. "How did the Armada fare during the long night? Are the rest of your siblings well?" she asked softly. "And your parents, how are they doing?" Sirius would be one of her first few stops when she began her journey across Boreas to spread the message of her school's opening, but it would be good to hear how their allies were doing sooner rather than later.

wc 517
twc 1564