build
Balanced
player
Xarae

Pride - BisexualSamhain 2022WealthyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
OverachieverCritical Attack!VolcanoLegendaryCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
12-15-2021, 07:50 PM

Bringing the news of the pack’s shift in direction to Sirius was exciting. She had a feeling that the gruff alpha male whose heart had been softened by his children would understand her goals. Theory hoped she could count on his support going forward - it was possible that by housing younger wolves and focusing on education, enterprising ne'er do wells might consider them an easy target. It would be important for them to have allies they could rely on, especially allies with experienced warriors. The path from Abaven to Armada was more familiar to her than some of the journeys she had planned, so she arrived more quickly than she’d planned. Theo took a moment to gather her thoughts before she called for the Armada’s leader.

"Speech"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
12-15-2021, 10:56 PM
The familiar call hadn’t been heard at his borders for some time. He stretched, loosening his body, and leaned away from the pup he had been teaching hunting techniques with. “Concentrate on your balance. Walk the line a few more times, pick up speed after a few loops, I’ll be back soon” he instructed Basilisk. Ruffling the fur between the boy's ears, he left the young giant to it, and fell into a ground-eating lope towards the border.

He found the familiar face of Theory on the other side of the boundary line, and came to a stop. Seating himself before her, and including his head in a polite gesture to the other leader. “Theory,” he said in greeting “What brings you to my border?”

"Sirius Fatalis"

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fertile Fertile

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

12-16-2021, 11:23 AM
She dipped her head in greeting as the Warlord approached. "Yes, it has been some time. The long winter and then the long nights, that terrible sickness..." she sighed, a shudder of revulsion rippling down her spine. "It seems like we haven't caught much of break. But I come bearing news I think you might find interesting." Theory paused to take a breath before launching into an abridged explanation. "Abaven is shifting our focus and branching out. I will be opening a school - for children, but also for anyone who wishes to learn. We will be acquiring the Crystallum Cliffs to transform them into a warren of dens for visiting students and classrooms. My goal is to create a neutral center for learning, where wolves from all cultures and packs can gather in the name of learning. I was hoping I could count on your support." She tried to gauge his reaction while leaving ample room for him to interject. Theo had tried to prepare herself any questions an alpha might ask, but it was impossible to predict every concern.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
12-16-2021, 11:39 AM
The Warlord nodded his head at the mention of the long night. It was likely an event that would would have rippling effects through all the packs for a long time. "How did Abaven fair through it?" He asked gently, wondering if she had lost wolves as he had. He thought of Memph, the wolf he had lost, and the two newer recruits that had fled in the light of uncertainty. His mind also wondered down the thoughts of those that had been scarred, mentally and physically from it. It had been cruel to them indeed.

He turned his attention back to theory as she mentioned news. He was surprised to are she looked rather excited by it, and offered her a smile. Perhaps something good had come from all this? She mentioned Abaven turning onto a school. The pack had always been neutral, and the Warlord had been fond of its leader for some time now. He nodded his head slowly, considering it. "A school, that might be interesting to see indeed. Perhaps it would even go a long way to healing some of the acres left by the disease. Yes, Theory, your school has my support. So long as we are allies, I'll come to your aid" he promised her.

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

12-16-2021, 11:46 AM
She quieted at his question. "It was... difficult," her heart panged, thinking of her father, Octave, and the ripple effect of loss that had been so far flung. They were stable, but nothing was normal. "My father," she choked, averting her gaze. "We lost my father, among others. Everyone feels their absence." It was true. She still caught herself looking for Rhyme's encouraging face in the crowd at the last meeting. "I was afflicted by the illness, but I've recovered. We are stable now," she elaborated, lowering her head for a moment as she felt the weight of all they'd lost. "And Armada? How is the pack, how are your family?" Theory replied in kind, hoping the news wasn't worse than her own.

As he alleged his support, Theory visibly relaxed. "Thank you, Sirius. It means more than I can say. I am looking forward to a future filled with curious minds. Do you have any prospective students you might consider sending? I'm trying to gauge interest from each pack so that we can adequately prepare."

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

12-16-2021, 12:04 PM
He paused, shocked at her words. He knew how she, Poem, and Motif had lost their mother - that had been the catalyst that ended his training with Poem after all. Now she had lost her father? He thought of Resin, and the parents he had never known, and shook his head. "I'm sorry, Theory" he said, reaching over to touch her paw with his. It was a breach put of the usual decorum between alphas, but it felt like the right thing to do. He held his paw there for a moment before he spoke again. "There are many new scars in the Armada, and it will be a long journey to heal them. I fear the same can be said for your pack" he said gently. Holding her paw and falling silent for a moment, feeling the weight of their loss together. As an Alpha, she would understand the burden of ensuring the welfare of their people.

She brought the attention back to the prospect of her school, and he released her paw, leaning back again. "I do believe I could find recruits to send your way. Are you teaching all walks of life? Do you need assistant teaching fighting techniques?" He wondered, happy to bring thr conversation back to lighter topics. This was something he could do, something he could help with. He thought Mortis might be a good fit as temporary teacher.

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

12-16-2021, 12:13 PM
Theory closed her eyes for a moment as Sirius placed his weighty paw on hers. It was a welcome touch, almost fatherly. With Thalia gone and Rhyme buried, it suddenly occurred to her that it had been quite a few weeks since she'd touched another wolf in a way that wasn't perfunctory or necessary. It was a touch between friends and leaders who had both seen and felt so much. "Thank you," she whispered. Shaye's loss had only felt recently healed and now Rhyme's passing had ripped the wound open anew. She had three parents buried on her lands and she would bear the weight of it forever. "I know you understand... and I'm grateful for that. It's an impossible weight and lately it has been so, so heavy." She closed her eyes against the tears that were quickly building. Theo managed to stave them off and met his gaze again after he lifted his paw away. She was glad they were moving on to other topics - it was a chance to focus on a brighter future. "Yes, all walks of life - that's the goal. I think many young wolves only have the opportunity to meet others within their pack aside from major gatherings - this will provide a more structured way to intermingle, hopefully avoiding any conflicts. Fighting will certainly be taught, as well as healing, navigation, hunting, diplomacy and other sorts of creative pursuits. I am aiming for a well-rounded education to prepare them for any future, and perhaps discover new skills they might be interested in along the way."

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

12-16-2021, 01:25 PM
He could see how it ate at her. She had started her leadership young, through the mantal of leadership had fit her well. Now she took on the responsibilities without guidance. He knew there was little he could do to help her. Was it presumptious to consider the other leader his friend?

Bringing the topic back to her school, she agreed that she would be teaching everything she could think of - without mentioning if she needed assistance on the fighting side of things. The Warlords pack had always excelled at fighting, he wondered if other packs had different skills to offer her school. Despite his offer, she made no remark on it, so he did not mention his oldest son as a potential teacher. "Are you in a rush today, Theory? Or would you perhaps like to meet my newest grandchildren?" She was hurting, and the Warlord had always found the greatest salve in life word to heal himself was to bury himself in an arm load of rambunctious children.

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

12-19-2021, 06:51 PM
"No, I'm in no rush," she said readily. "And I would appreciate that very much. Congratulations is in order, it seems! To which of your children do they belong?" Sirius was a stern but benevolent father and she was curious which of his children had started a family of their own. "Of course, Armada excels at fighting - I was talking ahead of myself and forgot to address your request," she laughed, standing up and shaking off. It was difficult to shrug off formalities, but she was sure a pack of children might wear her down a little bit. The way she spoke and carried herself was a defense mechanism, developed when she was thrust into leadership so young. Even now, in the prime of her young adulthood and confident in her abilities, she still found herself speaking in that detached, polite manner. "I would very much appreciate any assistance you could offer in developing a fighting regimen. The Armada's warriors are well-known for their abilities on the battlefield, any wolf you could lend me would be put to use - if I'm not being presumptuous." Ever since Poem had returned speaking so highly of him, despite her circumstances of indentured servitude, Theory had found herself thinking of the Warlord as an ally - and, after meeting with him several times over the years, a trusted friend.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

12-20-2021, 11:59 PM
“My second oldest, Azure” He said with a relaxed smile. Turning, he indicated with a paw for the Abaven Alpha to enter his territory. Had she ever stepped on Armada lands before? He couldn't remember a time she had. They had always met at the borders - other than that time they had hunted a predator in her rapids.

“It no problem” he said kindly as she admitted her mishap. “I will speak with my oldest, perhaps he could season in your pack and put some of his knowledge to training. It’ll do the boy good, too” he said, putting his thoughts out loud.

Stepping further into the plains, he raised his head and howled for any of Azure’s litter to come and meet the Abaven alpha.

"Sirius Fatalis"

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

12-21-2021, 07:30 PM
My second oldest, Azure. Uh oh. Woops. Wasn't that the hulk of a male that Sparrow's ex had chosen over her cousin? And now there were children on the ground? Sparrow's gonna be pissed at me. Suffering her cousin's ire wasn't particularly new to her - after all, the first time they'd officially met, she'd accused her of being a product of incest. Just some quality ribbing between family members. Oh well, there wasn't any reason for Sparrow to find out. Theory wondered if she knew that Hanako now had children... Pushing thoughts of her cousin out of her head and focusing back on the matter at hand, she offered Sirius another warm smile. "I would appreciate that very much. Any warrior trained under you is a welcome addition to my ranks of professors." He was a talented fighter with the scars to match - Theo assumed all of his children were held to high standards. She followed after him across the plains, settling back as he called for the newest additions to the Armada.