Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
12-15-2021, 11:47 PM
He led her away from the lake, heading South back towards the land of his pack. The excitement that had entered her tone wasn’t lost on him. It surprised him that he would find a stray to pick up after the state the land had been in. But it was good, truly. Fresh blood, it would be good for the pack. Another healer to add her wisdom to his current healers. He wouldn’t have been able to easily turn away and leave her alone by that lake. Something about her was right, a good fit for the Armada.

He hummed for a moment at her question, leading them with easy familiarity as he considered it. “The pack is made up mostly of warriors - hence my need for healers. It’s co-leader is my son, Azure. He’s recently fathered a litter of pups, so you’ll likely find those rugrats underfoot.” He warned her, an easy smile coming to his lips as he thought of the children.

It was a decent hike down to the hot springs, and then a short walk from there to the stream that bordered his pack. He led her to the shallowest edge, and stepped lightly into the cool water. “Almost there” he promised her.

"Sirius Fatalis"

Halo

Loner

Master Healer (250)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

Pride - PansexualTeacherSamhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipDouble MasterWordy
12-16-2021, 12:24 AM

She was, perhaps, equally surprised that someone had been so quick to welcome her in. Surprised, but extremely grateful. With the world in a dangerous state and the potential for chaos all around them, Halo had found a safe haven. A shelter from the storm had opened up, and been willing to take her in. Actions speak louder than words, and with Halo's quiet nature, it was the actions that would speak for her. She allows herself to relax by degrees as she walks beside the alpha. Numbers meant safety. Two was safer than one. She would be safe here, and even safer once they reached the borders of her new home.

Sirius spoke of the nature of the pack-- warriors. Halo would be able to learn beneath them, train to better herself. That, and she'd be happy to patch them up when they needed it. Already, she was mentally compiling a list of herbs she'd need to keep on hand, things for mending cuts and bites, and to set bones. At the mention of children, her tail picked up from her haunches and wagged. "I love children," Halo admitted softly. Her eyes glimmered softly. The dull roar of pups romping about was something that brought her joy. Usually fairly composed, around them she could be silly. Halo was accustomed to being the cool aunt, a title that she was proud of.

Though the hike had been long, it was a beautiful one. Over land, and then to the hot springs-- she'd have to return and check it out, once things were safe again. At the shallow edge of the river, Halo carefully tested the depth with a paw. With a few light steps, longer than her usual gait, she made her way through the water. It was a biting chill, sending a shock through her system, but a bit refreshing. She had been getting tired, but that was chased away. "Will you tell me about your laws?" Not long yet, they would be there. Halo was equal parts excited and nervous. So it goes with new beginnings.
[Image: m4UQRpx.png]
[Image: nvtQgrf.gif]

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
12-16-2021, 12:36 AM
At that, she earned herself a warm look from the Warlord, who dearly loved both his children, and his grandchildren. If the rest of his days were spent buried beneath grandkids, he would be happy. “Basilisk, Levi, Calypso, Makara, and Morgawr. They are my newest grandchildren. I’m sure you’ll see them soon enough” he promised as he walked through the stream beside her. The water that barely lapped past his paws soaked her legs a little. The riverstones settled beneath his weight as he reached the shore, and raised a paw outwards.

“Here we are,” he told her “Home” the long grasses of the plains spread out before him, and he began to lead her towards the central location of the pack. “My laws are written in stone, you’ll have plenty of time to familiarise yourself with them. I value loyalty and integrity. Hard work is rewarded, and all healers are granted a patch of land to garden and tend to” he said, giving her some of the highlights as they arrived at the Obelisk. The towering stone had the pack laws engraved onto its surface in bold strokes. Beneath them, names of those that had fallen were written and remembered. He brushed his paw across one name in particular, Resin. lingering for a moment before he shook himself off his melancholy and turned back to his newest wolf. “Take your time to look through the rules, and the fire you can see glowing behind the obelisk marks the centerpoint of the pack. Our stores and visitor dens can be found here. It’s also the place I host meeting” he informed her. Giving her a chance to take it all in.

"Sirius Fatalis"

Halo

Loner

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

12-16-2021, 01:26 AM

There was a pride to Sirius as he spoke of his grandchildren, and it left the tenderhearted girl smiling in return. Five pups in a litter, and if they were related to the large man beside her, they had to be large. Was this a land of giants? Giants, with big families. Halo felt a bit of worry rise in her chest-- would she fit in here? It was all so different from what she was used to. A world apart from the one she'd grown up in. She had so much more growing up to do, and so much more to learn. Honestly, the girl was excited. Excited and nervous, nervous and excited, both feelings living in her chest.

As he presented the packlands, Halo's eyes were wide. They caught the light, iridescent and glimmering in the spring sunlight. "Woah, it's beautiful," the words were breathed, a murmur to herself. It was a lot to take in. The tall grass seemed to spread on forever, rising and falling like the sea. In places, it was certainly taller than she was-- taller than Sirius too, from what she could tell. As the man spoke of loyalty, integrity, and hard work. This was an occasion that the girl was happy to rise to. They moved toward the heart of the land, and Halo's awestruck gaze traced the path in. All healers were granted a patch of land-- Halo would be able to plant and tend her own herbs. There was an excitement, a spring in her step. Sirius explained that the rules were here, and she set to reading intently.

With her nose, the girl traced line by line as she processed the information. It was starting to sink in, this was her home now. She was able to let go of a breath she didn't know she'd been holding. Sirius taking the time to honor the fallen in those moments wasn't lost on Halo, and she'd commit their names to memory as well. Some day, maybe the girl would get Sirius (or someone else) to tell her their stories. Oral tradition was important to her people, and she hoped it was important here too. The obelisk was their meeting place, and Halo could see why. It stood up over the grass, easy to see over all. That, and the fire that burned bright and warm-- lovely. Still, one thing from the rules hung curiously in her mind. "You keep slaves?" Halo's question was soft-- innocent. No judgement, only curiosity akin to that of a child. It wasn't a practice that she was accustomed to. Her band had been nomadic in nature, never putting down roots long enough to keep anyone or anything of their own.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

12-16-2021, 01:38 AM
He acknowledged her appreciation of the land, seeing it through her eyes. Walking it could be rote to him at times. The repetition wearing away some of its beauty. He always appreciated the glimmers of how it looked to a stranger. Another wolf, appreciating what he had built from the ground up so many years ago. Much of what she could see had been built by his own paws. Repaired, extended, and improved by members of his pack.

He leaned back, allowing her time to examine the writing on the obelisk, glancing at the gold marking that tipped his right paw. Drawing the edges of it with his mind's eye. He looked up as she spoke, his eyes on the pale wolf, and he nodded. “I came from an empire built on the backs of slaves. I would perhaps even now still be a slave beneath it if it hadn’t fallen. I’ve taken their tradition, and improved upon it. All slaves are welcome within the Armada. It is not the end of their road, but their beginning. A chance for those that have been beaten down by the world to learn, and grow, and build themselves into something better. The only slaves that remain so throughout their lives in the Armada, are those that chose to do so, with no will or desire to improve.” He explained himself, concluding the speech with a raised paw, inviting her to explore the central point of the Armada.

“The packs stores lie in this celler” he explained, patting a heavy door leading into the earth. It was carefully built, and well sealed. A winter storm had forced him to learn the hard way the importance of ensuring a seal that could withstand flooding. “Many of these dens are empty, placed here for guests or newcomers, before they have a chance to pick something more permanent.” he explained, gesting towards the dens. Some dug into the earth, others build upon it.

"Sirius Fatalis"

Halo

Loner

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

12-16-2021, 01:54 AM (This post was last modified: 12-16-2021, 01:59 AM by Halo. Edited 1 time in total.)

Halo looked forward to making this land, these Plains, into her home. A place to rest, a place to call her own. Herbs to tend and somewhere comfortable and warm to sleep. Dare she think of family too? She would be able to look after them, and make sure they were taken care of both physically and mentally. Everyone here was entitled to food and medical care, per the rules, and Halo would have a big job on her hands. Halo finally had a sense of purpose.

As he spoke of slaves, the tenderhearted creature listened intently. Halo's gaze on his face was soft, processing what he had to say. They were slaves, but slaves were offered a way out. Just as anyone else here, they needed to work hard and prove themselves. She believed in that, and believed in his message. I would perhaps even now still be a slave, this struck Halo, and she nodded as she processed what Sirius had to say. He'd been a slave once, and now, he sat as an alpha. Sitting beside Sirius, Halo wanted to know more. She was too shy, and likely too tired, to ask him more today.

Halo followed carefully by his side as he indicated the cellar, where their stores were. "Thank you," she spoke softly, ever grateful for the kindness that Sirius had shown that day. It was as they approached the vacant dens, the tenderhearted creature realized just how tired she really was. One in particular, dug into the ground and tucked into the shade, looked particularly inviting. "Sirius, I'm sorry, is it okay if I rest for the night?" The question was soft. Her muscles ached, and there was a creeping fatigue in her system. Between the swim and the scrape with the panther, it had been an incredibly long day.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

12-16-2021, 02:12 AM
Her attention dragged on one of the small dug dens, and he found himself offering her a small smile. “Of course, rest up” he said, before turning to the cellar door. Pulling it open, he stepped inside, and grabbed out a coat and some dried meats, slinging the coat over his shoulder he made his way towards the den she had chosen.

He waited for her to make her way inside, and reached in without stepping into the home she had chosen, and gently laid the supplies by the door. “If you need me, howl, and I’ll come” he promised her. No harm would come to her within his territory, but he made sure she knew, all the same. “I’ll send someone to show you around tomorrow, and then in the evening I’ll start you on the basics of self defence” she had a lot of learning to do in the Armada. “Sleep well, Halo”

"Sirius Fatalis"

Halo

Loner

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

12-16-2021, 02:57 AM

Halo was growing far more tired by the moment, drooping by degrees. As she blinked, she could feel the stinging of her eyes. Grateful didn't begin to describe how Halo felt. Sirius had taken good care of her today, the first care she'd received since... since even before she'd left home. Halo was accustomed to having the responsibility of taking care of others, and being expected to be self sufficient all at once. This was different, a family that cared for each other. She'd retreated into the vacant den, carefully evening out the floor with her paws.

When Sirius returns, he made his promise. Howl, and I'll come. Halo moved to the door of the den to meet the Warlord once more, head dipping gratefully. "Thank you," she looked up to the man. As he spoke of the plans for the next day, the tenderhearted girl was already excited. "I'm looking forward to it," a soft smile dancing on her face. The Warlord wished her a good sleep. "Thank you," she said once more, "for everything." And she meant it. As Sirius left her to rest, Halo tugged the coat gently into her borrowed den, arranging it carefully. Upon laying down, the girl enjoyed her meal. The day had been long, but ended much more wonderfully than she could have dreamed.

It wasn't long before Halo drifted off to a comfortable sleep.