build
Balanced
player
Xarae

Pride - BisexualSamhain 2022WealthyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 31K
OverachieverCritical Attack!VolcanoLegendaryCritical Fail!Valentines 2020
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Promptober 2019
12-16-2021, 11:26 AM
While she and Tyrian weren’t close, Theory considered them friendly. It was difficult to predict how the news she was bringing of Abaven’s change in direction and her open invitation to receive visitors and students might be received, but regardless, it would be pleasant to catch up. She’d seen him at Sparrow’s pack challenge and he seemed well, so she hoped Fireside was getting along well. As she approached the territory, she heard the soft call of sheep from over the hill. A curious smile lit her face. This would be the last pack visit she’d make, having already seen Valhalla and been across the bifrost to Auster. Looping back finally to Abaven made her steps a little bit lighter, a little bit quicker. Reclining near the border, Theory called for Tyrian.

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

LegendaryThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverScarred
Ice Bridge ExplorerWealthyHomebodyDouble MasterExplorerVolcano
1KTreat 2019
12-19-2021, 11:03 AM

As long as Rhythm lived there would never be a time where Tyrian didn't feel dread upon hearing Theory at his border. He couldn't help it. The Destruction side of the family wasn't one he saw regularly so naturally disaster was on the forefront of his mind whenever anything other than chance brought them together.

He reached the border with mild trepidation simmering under the surface but a clear expression. "Theory," he said warmly. "What brings you to Fireside?" Tyrian was mentally 'crossing his fingers' in the hopes whatever had brought her by had nothing to do with the pandemic - which better not make a reappearance - or his auntie, who was every bit as old as his father.

""

Tyrian has a saber-toothed snow leopard companion named Zahir, a black-footed gray langur named Tashi and a striped skunk companion he insists on calling Righty even though her name is Daisy. Assume all are nearby if not mentioned.

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fertile Fertile

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

12-19-2021, 07:35 PM
"Tyrian," she said, standing as he approached. "I'm making my way around the continent, paying visits to the packs. I've got news - some changes in Abaven, but I wanted to check in as well. How have you fared through the sickness?" she asked, concern touching her voice. He seemed intact, but there was no telling how the ooze might have changed beneath the surface. She still awake occasionally in a fright, the phantom viscous liquid clogging her throat. "Abaven has gotten through to the other side, but - " her voice hitched, "Rhyme passed. We've lost others as well," she breathed in deeply, raising her eyes to meet his. There was a heaviness to the words this time. Theo felt like she'd repeated it ad nauseam over these pack visits, spreading news of death like a tape stuck on repeat. This time, her last visit before home, it felt hardest.

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

LegendaryThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2VengeanceUnderachieverScarred
1KTreat 2019
01-09-2022, 03:54 PM

Tyrian's ears perked at the mention of changes to Abaven. That was exciting! The packs weren't close but he had been an alpha long enough to know that changes big enough to justify spreading the news were a big fucking deal. Whatever they were - and they could be literally anything - was exciting. He didn't need to know any details to be certain of that.

His expression dropped at the mention of Rhyme's passing. Tyrian had never developed a relationship with his older brother but his death closed a chapter in their family's history and that saddened him. It saddened him for his sake, for Rhyme's, and for their father's. And honestly for the rest of their family as a split's repercussions were still felt today. Now, even with Valentine's strong connection to Somnium, that split - and all those years lost -  could not be mended.

He sighed softly and let his eyes go to the ground. "I'm sorry about your dad. I'll tell my father. He-" Tyrian caught himself before he said something he shouldn't. Best not to put words in Valentine's mouth, even if his (Tyrian's) intentions were good. "He'll want to know."

"We lost wolves too. The sickness wasn't kind to our elderly." He cleared his throat and then said in a stronger voice, "But we are recovering. Changes, you said? It sounds like Abaven is recovering too."

""

Tyrian has a saber-toothed snow leopard companion named Zahir, a black-footed gray langur named Tashi and a striped skunk companion he insists on calling Righty even though her name is Daisy. Assume all are nearby if not mentioned.

Theory

Avalon
Healer

Master Fighter (250)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Fertile Fertile

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Xarae

02-07-2022, 04:19 PM
She offered him a small smile of thanks at his condolences. It was true, Tyrian couldn't speak for Valentine - and if Valentine were here, she wasn't so sure she'd want to hear what he had to say. Theo would allow herself the pleasure of having Rhyme's memory live on untarnished in her mind. There, his edges could be softened. Mistakes worn away. His life had been filled with trials and choices that she may not have agreed with, but he would remain a titan in her memories. "I appreciate that," she murmured. What a terrible thing, to bury a child.

With each passing year, she found herself wondering if Valentine was immortal - now especially. "We are recovering, yes. I'm glad to hear Valentine made it through the Long Night, but I suppose he lives outside the bounds of the elderly," she said with a soft laugh. "But yes, what brings me here to your borders - I'm opening Abaven as a neutral place of learning. I'm welcoming wolves from all across the continent to gather together for the purpose of teaching and attending the school. It's my wish that no wolf, young or old, that attends my institution will feel unprepared for life's many challenges... curriculum will be varied, and is still in development. If you have any wolves interested in teaching, or young ones you'd like to see exposed to different ideas and structured lessons for a season or two, I welcome them."

Tyrian

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Lazuli

1KTreat 2019
02-21-2022, 06:51 PM

" ...but I suppose he lives outside the bounds of the elderly..." At this Tyrian made an exasperated face before chuckling too. Wasn't that the truth. He didn't wish for the day his dad was gone, but that didn't mean he wasn't surprised every day to discover the old man was still - somehow - alive. Tyrian was beginning to wonder if any rule of nature applied to the old man.

His eyebrows just about disappeared into his ears as Theory explained the changes coming soon to Abaven. "Wow," he ventured first as he considered the implications of such a big change. That could be huge for Abaven. It was a novel idea and one he could see doing well among cooperative packs. As for Tyrian, he was going to have to think about offering it up to his wolves. He wasn't exactly cooperative. "That is a fascinating idea! Perhaps in a season or two I'll come up and check it out, if you'll have me picking through your classes, of course. I'd love to see it in action."

""