An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

Samhain 2022How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double MasterOoh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
12-18-2021, 09:55 PM

**Takes place before the raid**

Fern sits up in the tower looking out over the sea. Rudy had been called away on some business and the gray girl finds herself alone for the moment. Clouds are rolling in from over the water, a cold wind heralding their impending arrival. The sun still shines, warming her side and trying to compete with the coming storm. Aqua eyes watch the rain laden clouds rolling toward her, bringing with them a sense of foreboding. The distant sound of gulls crying and rolling waves reach her ears as Fern keeps her silent vigil. There is something on the air, a sense of approaching doom, and no matter how hard the gray girl tries, she cannot shake the feeling.

It feels like something hanging over her head, waiting to fall and scatter the happiness that Fern has just found. Perhaps it is just her own fears, clawing at the back of mind and breathing down her neck. Nerves tingle with anticipation, her fight or flight response becoming a hair trigger, causing her to jump at the slightest sound. Memories become a whirlpool, flashing fragments in front of her eyes, pulling her further and further down. Panic feels her chest as the memories of Meadow’s death warp and shift, replacing her mother’s face with Rudy’s. Her breathing picks up speed, coming in and out in short, shallow gasps.

The world becomes a pinpoint, everything falling away as Fern is swept up in the currents of an anxiety attack.

"Fern"

Fern has a female stoat companion named Puff. She is always nearby.

Eska

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Acacia

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
01-01-2022, 08:46 PM

**That ain't no crime!**

The tower was the perfect place to look out over the territory. Eska did it often, getting a cursory glance at what the world held before she went on patrol. Also, she really just appreciated the view from up there. What she hadn't expected when heading up to the tower was the shuddering form of a wolf in a panic. The monochromatic woman was breathing heavily, her green eyes wide. What had happened to put her in such a state?

Moving forward, the larger fae gave a few soothing hush sounds. Eska didn't know this wolf, but she wouldn't let her suffer through... whatever this was... alone. The silver and obsidian woman met the younger wolf's gaze with her own vibrant golden eyes. "I'm Eska," she spoke softly. "Come sit with me and we'll figure out what's going on, okay?" Since taking Ulric as a mate, Eska had become a bit more motherly. Spending time with his children had seen to that.

Leading the girl to the side of the tower, Eska motioned to a set of furs, hoping that the girl would sit down upon them. Then they could get to the bottom of this.

"Eska"

Fern

"Live Like A Warrior"

Loner
Lead Hunter

Master Fighter (290)

Master Hunter (280)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Hermes

Samhain 2022How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double MasterOoh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
01-05-2022, 04:13 AM

The world closes in around her, crushing the very air out of Fern’s lungs. Her body trembles uncontrollably and she longs to melt away into the stones beneath her paws. Just when the gray girl is certain that she is going to die, soft sounds wash over her. They are gentle hushing noises that her mother use to make and it pushes back against the darkness. It offers Fern a life line to hold onto. With the sounds, she also hears her mother singing, calling her back from the edge of oblivion. Fern sees the light and follows the voice out of the tunnel. Everything comes crashing back into focus, colors flaring back to life and Meadow’s emerald gaze stares lovingly back at her. Blinking hard, her mother’s face disappears, replaced but a silver and obsidian woman with vibrant yellow eyes. As she works to regulate her breathing, Fern keeps her ocean-hued eyes locked onto that golden gaze.

When the wolf offers her name, the gray girl dips her head in greeting, not yet trusting her voice. Eska voice is soft and gentle and she finds no judgement hidden behind the words. The woman leads her toward a pile of furs on the side of the tower and the girl follows closely, flopping heavily onto the pile of furs Eska points to. Her heart no longer beats in frantic rhythm and Fern lets out a shaky sigh, speaking up to offer an apology, “Sorry about that. I… get those sometimes. I don’t mean to be an inconvenience.” A wobbly smile appears for a moment before quickly falling away. Taking a deep breath, the gray girl says, “My name is Fern and… thank you.” The smile that appears this time is gentle and kind, whether Eska understands it or not, her calming presence gave Fern a path back home.

"Fern"

Fern has a female stoat companion named Puff. She is always nearby.