gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

By the skin of my teethSnake EyesThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 21K
12-21-2021, 01:48 AM

All but the most steadfast and stubborn of the crystals that plagued him had fallen away from his head and face, though his eyes remained useless. He had been assured that they were still there, but there was a milky glaze over them. It was taking more time than he would like to come to grips with the reality that he might be blind forever. As time passed, the behemoth ventured further and further from the familiar landscape of the hot springs. Now, the sulphurous stench had abated enough that he could pick up on the sweeter scent of fresh water, and found it was confirmed by the gentle burble of small streams all around him. Crown low between burly shoulders, the beastly male ambled along with a slow and plodding gait. He knew there were a few borders to the neighbouring packs nearby, and was doing his best to bear them in mind- but sticking around one spot was beginning to drive him mad.

Heavy pawsteps and a swaggering gait drew him along, and the delicate tendrils of the willow boughs caressed his flanks as he passed. It was serene here, quiet. A whirling mind found some calm amidst the gentle birdsong and mid-afternoon sun streaming through the gaps between the drooping branches. When he had decided that there was enough distance between himself and the site of the band's little camp, he settled heavily onto the lush grass amidst the thin brooks and winding roots. Letting out a long sigh, he closed his pale eyes and settled in to listen to the movement around him. Perhaps he could scout some nearby herds passing through, if he was still enough..

speech

POE IS RATED M, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT HE IS PRONE TO ALL MANNER OF VIOLENCE AND CRUELTY.
NONE OF THIS REFLECTS HOW VIRGIL FEELS ABOUT YOU OR YOUR CHARACTER, PROMISE!

Aster

Loner

gems
size
Small species
build
Light
player
axiom

Pride - Asexual
12-28-2021, 03:02 AM
Perched in the willow tree’s branches, Aster watched the heavy wolf approach the base of her lookout spot. Based on the glassy whiteness of his eyes and his slow ambling gait, she guessed he was blind. So a wolf belonging to one of those ‘packs’ or ‘bands,’ then, because she doubted a blind loner would look so clean and healthy. Then he might be a friendly sort?

“Hello!” Aster shrieked. She stayed still; even if he was blind, she wasn’t willing to fly down within his reach. Predators puffed out her crest—made her nervous. “The name’s Aster. You seem to be… looking for something? What are you doing here? You already passed a lot of clean water, so I guess you’re not thirsty. There’s a lot of flowers, though, so maybe you’re looking for a particular floral aroma to seduce the love of your life?”

Poe

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

01-03-2022, 01:29 AM

From over his head, there came an unholy screech of a greeting. Flattening ruby rimmed auds against his skull, the titan instinctively curled his lips up over his fangs in warning. An introduction came quickly thereafter, but he couldn't help holding his ears close to his head to defend against the sheer volume of the off putting speech. Something about the tone of the voice and its overall cadence struck him as uncanny, and after the long night he wasn't keen to trust mysterious voices or unknown entities. That voice kept rattling off reasons he might be out wandering in the willow woods on his own, and finally settled on flowers. A soft snort escaped him unbidden, and he twitched one ear up and back towards the source of the voice. It was definitely coming from far over his head. No wolf was that tall, especially not compared to the hellbeast himself. Something in the trees, but it wasn't a wolf. That voice lacked the gravelly, growling undertones of a canine's speech. Primate? Not in these climes. Perhaps a bird had picked up the language of wolves, it was fairly common.

"Hardly." he grunted, the dark tip of his banner twitching idly against the damp earth. "I came out here for a modicum of peace and quiet." there was a harsh edge of sarcasm to the low rumble of his baritone lyrics, though he made no move to get up. He had just gotten comfortable, after all. One heavy hind paw lifted to scratch at a nagging itch just behind the thick horns that sprouted from his crown, and the steady click, clack, click, of his nails catching on the rough, pockmarked keratin seemed to echo off of the trees around him. It would take ages for the surface of his dark horns to heal from the deep roots of the crystals that had clung to them for well over a season.

speech

POE IS RATED M, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT HE IS PRONE TO ALL MANNER OF VIOLENCE AND CRUELTY.

Aster

Loner

gems
size
Small species
build
Light
player
axiom

Pride - Asexual
01-03-2022, 03:34 PM
WHOOPS, my bad!” Aster picked up on his sarcasm, but she almost found it amusing. “Usually when birds are alone and quiet, they’re usually sick or lonely! But I guess wolves are different, huh? Or maybe just you. ‘Cause I thought wolves were also social critters, though your groups are smaller and wayyyyyyyyyy more hierarchical than birds. Like, seriously! How do you guys stand such a strict hierarchy? I’d go craaaaaaaaazy if I was stuck in that kinda environment, but I guess that’s why birds don’t do it, because we can fly away without having to fight.”

Aster blinked. A wave of self-awareness rolled over her. “Whoops, that was a lot of words! Okay, uh, how about you tell me if you would like me to leave. Or I can totally help you with something, because, I don’t know about you mister sulky boy, but I’m actually really bored and sometimes it’s fun to help out wolves. Totally up to you, though!”

Poe

Loner

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player

01-15-2022, 09:40 PM

Despite the indication that he was keen on some solace, the little creature- it was definitely a bird. It said as much within a few more moments. A lengthy stream of words in that pitchy, crooning voice from somewhere high above. Ruby rimmed ears flickered about, seeking for the exact direction. And there it was, the titan found himself tipping his heavy skull and pointing both ears towards the source of the voice up in the willow trees. A whole lot of speculation happening up there, and yet more exposition about the nature of birds. Did they all talk so much? He hesitated to voice any kind of question of his own, lest that incite a renewed flood of chatter. A small pause let the subtle ambiance of his surroundings meet his ears for a few moments, before the bird spoke up yet again. A degree of self awareness, followed by the offer to help him in some way.

A frown creased his brow, and he debated sending the bird away. However.. The ash cloaked goliath tipped his muzzle up and over, so that his features were roughly pointed in the direction of the strange, talkative avian. "Would you happen to know anything of the packs living in this area? I don't have as much information as I would like." he questioned in his usual rumbling drawl, with the offhanded ease that tended to read as disinterest or arrogance.

speech