Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Rapid Poster - SilverWordyBest BudsSocialiteCritical Attack!Legendary
LoserRaiderCritical Fail!Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipScarred
Snake EyesWinnerOoh La LaDouble Master1KAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
12-21-2021, 07:18 AM

Ah, he hadn't been to the Battlefield in a while. Feeling the coarse dirt beneath his paws was a welcoming sensation as his mottled body traveled at a leisurely pace. Both ears flicked around curiously as he scanned the other spars going on. Spring must really be the best time to come here to spruce up on skills. Curling gently on his lips, a smirk showed with anticipation. Rolling back his shoulders, Gil watched his surroundings. Always ready to leap into action, the experienced male continued his prowl. Avoiding any spots with particularly large rocks, he paused when he came across a rather flat area, sparse of grass, but stained by blood from previous brawls. Lifting his chin to the sky, he let loose a loud howl, calling out to anyone who might accept his challenge.

SPEECH

gilgamesh is aggressive, don't trust him

Astrophel

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Melorama

Critical Fail!
12-21-2021, 09:19 AM
The thought of another spar was tempting, and he spared only a minute or two to think it over before making his way over the expanse of the battlefield towards the inviting call. It was quite enjoyable being able to brush up on his skills in a place that was seemingly meant for such occasions, as the only wolves around seemed to be ones who were interested in testing out their skills. It didn't take him long to reach the wolf, and he let out a soft bark of laughter, tail waving happily behind him.
It was the same wolf he had met not that long ago while investigating those strange and seemingly moving rocks. What a coincidence! But it was a welcome one. "Hello there, again! Fancy seeing you here." Astrophel had a grin on his face as he spoke, glad to see a familiar face, as for a while he had just been meeting new wolves left and right, and honestly, he was starting to have trouble keeping up with names and faces.
"Seeing as you called for a spar, I'll let you make the first move." It was only fair after all, and he considered himself to be a type of knight, honourable and kind, even as pretentious as that may sound. He stood up straight, eyeing up his opponent to try and think of how best to counter him, seeing as they had very similar body shapes.

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Intellectual (635)

Master Fighter (870)

An icon representing the specialty Gambler Gambler

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3By the skin of my teethVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Overachiever
Critical Block!
12-21-2021, 06:05 PM

When the blackened male he had met previously approached him, Gilgamesh smiled. "Astrophel," he rumbled in kind greeting with a dip of his muzzle. Erish circled above in slow circles as she screeched, too in greeting. The barn owl would watch, for now, confident in her friend's skills. In the distance, his newly acquainted wolverine that he had dubbed Urtur lazily spread out across a rock to soak up the warm sun. "How kind of you. I hope you are prepared," Gil said with amusement as he turned his body to show off the armor he had donned.

Along his back legs, a set of leather bracers with golden spikes gleamed as if recently cleaned. Over his shoulders and up to his neck, matching gold chainmail dressed his fur; lightweight enough that he could still maneuver easily. Though Gil knew he would take it easy on the friendly male, a bit of fear never hurt anyone.

Steadying himself with a roll of shoulders, he let his ears fall back and his tail tuck between his legs for safety reasons. Picking up his paws into an easy lope toward Astrophel, he lowered his head toward the right and bared his teeth. Waiting for the last moment so it would appear that he would go barreling straight for Astrophel's face, Gil moved off to his left side and aimed to snap at the male's ribcage.

Gilgamesh vs Astrophel for Spar
Round 1/?
Size: Large
Build: Medium
Offensive Battle Accessory: Spiked bracers
Defensive Battle Accessory: Gold chainmail cuirass
Companion 1: Barn Owl, Female - Battle
Companion 2: Wolverine, Male - Battle
Skills: Master Intellectual & Master Fighter
Specialty: Blessed

Astrophel

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Melorama

Critical Fail!
12-25-2021, 06:12 AM
He let out a chuckle. "Always." The fancy armour was new, and he found himself to be quite enamoured by the shimmering gold of it for a few moments. As it was covering Gilgamesh's shoulders and part of his neck, he'd be a fool to try and go for those areas, but that was alright, a bit of challenge would be good for his body and mind. Astrophel mirrored his opponents movements, also flicking his ears back and tucking his tail, but he stood his ground as the other male began charging at him.
Gilgamesh didn't seem to be moving very fast, and so he centred himself to take the brunt of the impact with a shoulder to try and hide his face, but he hadn't been expecting the other wolf to suddenly change his course of direction and go snapping at his own side. There was a quick stinging sensation, like when he stepped on something too hot for a brief moment, and he whipped his body around out of further reach of his opponents jaws. The skin hadn't been broken enough to allow blood to escape, but Gilgamesh had definitely tugged a few tufts of his fur out.
Springing lightly on his feet, seemingly more agile than his size and weight would allow, Astrophel darted forward, aiming to gently nip at the unprotected flesh of his body where his left hip met his side. The spiked bracers protected his opponents' back legs, but the skin above it was fair game, and he wanted to grab it only momentarily with his front teeth to give the other wolf a sharp pinch before jumping backwards again. Hopefully he could bounce back out of the way of any snapping teeth.

Astrophel vs Gilgamesh for Spar
Round 1/2
Skills: Novice Fighter & Beginner Intellectual

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
01-01-2022, 08:34 PM

Gil would only be slightly surprised at Astrophel's agile movements. Being more experienced now would help in his spars and he did them purely for fun now. A smile licked at the corner of his lips as he spat out the fur he had managed to tug off of Astro's side. His yellow eyes flickered back toward the male's body as the nimble wolf jumped away and back again. Feeling the rush of air wrap around them as their bodies danced together, Gil winced lightly as teeth snatched at the skin by his thigh.

Before he could react, the other wolf had danced away again. The relief of the sharp pinch from the darting bite dissipated in moments as Gil quickly moved in to close the gap. While Astrophel was quick, Gil would match the speed. Leaping quickly, Gil swung his head around and aimed to nip to Astrophel's scruff.

Gilgamesh vs Astrophel for Spar
Round 2/2
Offensive Battle Accessory: Spiked bracers
Defensive Battle Accessory: Gold chainmail cuirass
Companion 1: Barn Owl, Female - Battle
Companion 2: Wolverine, Male - Battle
Skills: Master Intellectual & Master Fighter
Specialty: Blessed

Astrophel

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Melorama

Critical Fail!
01-02-2022, 02:54 AM
He felt his teeth connect briefly with skin, and grinned as he jumped away safely out of reach, but he only had a few short seconds before his opponent came at him once again. Gilgamesh moved swiftly, leaping up into the air with jaws widened and ready to grab, and Astrophel moved to try and duck his head below where his opponent was aiming, hoping to slip safely underneath and out of reach. His front end lowered, front legs bent at the knees, and from this position there really wasn't much he could do in the way of an attack. But he did have an idea.
Even if Gilgamesh managed to grab his scruff, Astrophel figured he would be able to move enough to grab his opponents right front leg just below where it joined his shoulder and push forwards to try and unbalance the other wolf. He didn't want to bite hard enough to draw blood or rip at the skin, only just hard enough so he had a solid hold on the leg to prevent Gilgamesh from moving away. It would be similar to how a puppy would bite and grab at an adult while roughhousing, but with less shaking and play growling, and more strength behind the movement.

Astrophel vs Gilgamesh for Spar
Round 2/2
Skills: Novice Fighter & Beginner Intellectual

The Judge

Administrator

gems
size
-
build
-
player
01-02-2022, 10:23 AM

And the winner is...

Gilgamesh

Astrophel must give up by submitting, fleeing or passing out.

Totals:

Gilgamesh
Attack Roll: 11
Defense Roll: 72
Agility Roll: 82
Perception Roll: 16
Total: 181
Attack[11] + 40% Bonus[4.40]: 15.40
Defense[72] + 20% Bonus[14.40]: 86.40
Agility[82] + 5% Bonus[4.10]: 86.10
Perception[16] + 30% Bonus[4.80]: 20.80
Total[208.70] + 25% Bonus[52.17]: 260.88

Astrophel:
Attack Roll: 2
Defense Roll: 4
Agility Roll: 37
Perception Roll: 67
Total: 110
Attack[2] + 5% Bonus[0.10]: 2.10
Defense[4] + 5% Bonus[0.20]: 4.20
Agility[37] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 37.00
Perception[67] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 67.00
Total[110.30] + 0% Bonus[0.00]: 110.30

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
01-07-2022, 09:24 PM

Their dance of limbs was enjoyable and refreshing. As he dipped in to bite at Astrophel's scruff, he watched as the other leaned down to grab for his leg. Quickly reacting, Gil moved away to avoid the bite and put some distance between them. Inhaling deeply to regain his breath, he steadied on his paws and leveled with the other. Truthfully, he was impressed to see how Astro reacted in a spar compared to the first day they met. "You're not half bad," he said with a small smirk tickling at the edges of his lips.

Taking a few more steps away so that the distance spread between them, he lazily shrugged off his gear. Overhead, Erish chirped happily before gliding down to rest upon his shoulders. The darkened bar owl hooted quietly as Gil's attention moved back over to Astro. "I'm not one to prod, but if you are looking for a place to belong, my pack is in need of wolves that know how to brawl," Gil's smirk grew a bit more at this as he waited for a response. Whether Astro would agree or not would be his decision.

Astrophel

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Melorama

Critical Fail!
01-10-2022, 05:07 AM
He snapped his jaws closed, but instead of finding purchase on skin and fur they closed on the veyr air itself, as his opponent had managed to slip backwards ut of the way in time. Letting out a soft chuckle he ducked his head in a short bow as his front end was already lowered to the ground, showing that he conceded this fight and that Gil was the winner in a respectful manner. Astrophel accepted the praise with grace, slowly rising to his feet as he stretched out his shoulders and neck. "And you're much faster than you appear to be, sir."
Astrophel watched as Gilgamesh shrugged off the armour, his gaze filled with curiosity as it clinked on the ground, and then eyeing the owl where it stood upon the other male's shoulders. His brows raised in surprise at the offer thrown his way, pausing where he stood with a bit of a gob smacked expression. This wolf didn't know him all too well, and yet he was offering for him to join his pack? How curious. But he thought about it, and it would be a good idea, at least for a short while. His search for Andromeda was taking far longer than anticipated, and who knew if she was even remotely close by, so he needed to take time for himself. To work on his skills, become stronger and more wise, and one day when their paths crossed again, he'd definitely be able to look out for her.
Clearing his throat, he dipped his head respectfully again at Gilgamesh. "That is a very kind offer Gilgamesh, and one that would be foolish for a wolf to refuse. If your pack is full of wolves like you in nature, I'm sure it would be an agreeable place for me to join you in." He could certainly brawl, and perhaps that meant there were other wolves in the pack he could spar against to continue working on his skills. It was looking more and more like a good idea as he thought about it, even if it meant he wouldn't be able to continue searching everywhere for Andromeda. "How far is your pack from here?"

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
01-13-2022, 07:39 PM

Humor tickled at the edge of his expression when Astro mentioned the idea of a pack of wolves full of ones like himself. When he thought about it, really, most of the pirates were just wandering drunks who needed a place to rest their heads. Sparrow, herself, was more dignified, or at least, that was his impression. She was a good leader in a way that she gave them freedom, but in return, expected their loyalty. Glad to have joined them, he nodded as he glanced over to Astro. "If you assume I am a drunken pirate who likes to brawl, then those are the ones you will find," he said with amusement on his features. "The pack gathering place resides south of here on a blackened beach, but roaming isn't uncommon," Gil mentions, his eyes appearing more hopeful. He wondered if Sparrow would appreciate him helping to recruit others to join the ranks. The more wolves that joined, the more successful raids they could go on.

Astrophel

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Melorama

Critical Fail!
01-23-2022, 08:40 PM
A soft chuckle escaped him at Gilgamesh's words, catching the amusement on the other wolf's face. He supposed technically his role in his birth pack could be considered brawler-ish, with a bit more poise and dignity than a typical brawler, but surely the drunken aspect was in jest. Gilgamesh didn't seem overtly like an alcoholic, but everyone had their vices. As for himself, he'd never allowed himself to partake in such activities, finding it a better use of his time to improve on his skills instead.
"That's not always a bad thing," he said with a slight grin.  The mention of a blackened beach caught his attention, as well as the fact that they were allowed to roam. That intrigued him greatly, as he'd still be able to search around for Andromeda while having a proper home to return to. Perhaps joining the pack wasn't a bad idea, it would give him the security he needed to really survive and thrive. "I don't think I'm ready to join just yet, but perhaps if I showed up at a later point in time you could introduce me to your alpha?"

Gilgamesh

"The Bully™"

Raiders Hollow
Raid King

Master Fighter (870)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Critical Block!
01-24-2022, 07:11 AM

The slight tinge of hope he'd felt disappeared, but he wasn't offended. Gil knew everyone had their own lives to live and if he remembered correctly, Astro had been in search of finding a girl. Understanding the decision, Gil nodded as that brief smile showed up once more. Just a flicker across his lips as he looked out onto the Battlefield. "Sparrow is a very welcoming Alpha so if you do ever change your mind, you'll know where to find us," he replied, finalizing the decision of the midnight-coated male. "I'm sure we'll see each other again. Good luck," he looked back over briefly to Astro once more, like last time, with a curt nod in goodbye. Turning away, as he often did to those he thought were friends, he made his way back out toward the borders.

-exit-