size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
12-23-2021, 06:17 PM
The pale coated koi walked through the spring grass with Briar, they were out here meeting with Ashen’s princess for some training. Hika carried a pack of supplies, within it a few items to make a memento for the day. He was sad Kotori hadn’t been able to come, but as he looked for a place to settle down for the lesson he noticed a stranger there near the bank of the river. It didn’t take long to invite him to their lesson. By then he could see Ashen’s princess approaching and he looked up to Briar to begin.

While she spoke Hika took his supplies from his bag. Carefully taking the colored twines and items to make those gathered a token. He carefully coiled the twine to begin the first part of the loop for him many pendants he brought to choose from.

"Speech"

Shuriken

Loner

Expert Fighter (230)

Master Hunter (245)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
KatG6
12-23-2021, 06:39 PM
Shuriken still wasn’t sure that her mother made the right decision in naming her the heir. She felt more like a placeholder than anything, and with her guilty conscious she really didn’t see herself as deserving. So the girl became determined to make herself worthy. If her paws wouldn’t cooperate she would compensate. She’d become smarter and stronger to make her parents proud.

So when opportunity rang she was there. Ike met with the Armada wolves and the interesting stranger. She settled down to listen to Sirius’ daughter Briar. Though she wasn’t much older than she was Ike still felt like a child and despite her height looked up to the Mature Fatalis and half hoped she would speak about her own set of antlers.

"Kiyohime Shuriken Ōritsu Abraxas"

Kione

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard
12-23-2021, 07:57 PM

Kione already considered himself a talented fighter and would say he had his own style.  Could wolves teach him how to be better?  On top of that by what form of lessons were they planning to do?  Kione wasn’t sure how good the lessons would be but considering he was invited to join and he was curious the painted dog had agreed.

Now he sat a short distance from Hikaru to see what interesting thing he was up to even as his eyes flicked up to see the other wolf with them and then towards the one approaching from a different route.  So this latest one to arrive would be giving the lesson then?  

All the wolves were so different from one another whereas, not even by colors but some of them had crazy things like horns.  Kione was starting to grow used to it but wasn’t sure how he would feel about having antlers.  He could only imagine there was more satisfaction in the feel of your enemy between your teeth, their lifeblood spilling away, than cutting them with some antlers.

"Kione"
[Image: vG9tCXw.png?1]
[Image: 7bkN6k5.gif]

Briar

The Hallows
Lady of Cinder

Master Fighter (245)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Ooh La LaSamhain 2022LegendaryPride - DemisexualTeacher
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3VengeanceCritical Fail!Ice Bridge Explorer1K
12-24-2021, 03:42 AM
Briar walked out toward the river with Hikaru to meet up with their study group for the day and soon enough their little class of sorts had gathered. She thought about how difficult her path to this level of skill had been, how she felt like she had no one to turn to most of the time to ask questions or learn from, and she was just happy to have the opportunity to help someone else not have that challenge. She had been spending more time with Hikaru than most other wolves these days ever since their day of crafting while he was sick so when he asked her to help with this lesson she was happy to do so. When they arrived she found the Ashen princess and the wild dog she had heard about from her friend. They were an interesting group to be teaching altogether, that was for certain, but it didn't deter her. She was especially interested in getting to know the princess a bit better considering the fact that at some point in their lives they were likely going to be speaking as fellow leaders.

"Hello," she said with a nod of her head to Shuriken and Kione, settling down across from the trio and letting them introduce themselves as well if they liked. She tried to access what might be a good lesson for each of them. Shuriken in particular was an easier one to judge since they both had some similar assets in their antlers and weaponized paws. She knew Hika's skills fairly well, but Kione was more of a wild card for her. She noticed Hika crafting out of the corner of her eye and she glanced down at the twine he was looping. Pointing with her paw and using one of her claws to point to a specific point, she said, "Maybe try doubling up this knot or braid a bit of extra twine here... I think a bit of a thicker section here would be nice." Looking back up at the other two she asked, "Shuriken, have you gotten to have much experience with using your antlers in battle yet? And Kione, is there anything you'd like to work on?"

"Briar Fatalis"

Hikaru

Loner

Master Fighter (245)

Advanced Intellectual (76)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

12-24-2021, 09:46 AM
They had gathered quite the odd bunch of wolves but different opinions created for a wider view of the world. More open mindedness, less fear, more fellowship. Hikaru was already enjoying the little gathering. Everyone made themselves comfortable and looked to Briar for instruction. The young woman held knowledge years above her age and it was easy for Hikaru to respect the armada princess.

She glanced down at his work while deciding what the overall lesson should be and guided him slightly. Hikaru grinned and nodded as he knotted the twine differently over the pendant he’d chosen. It was a carved piece of elk antler. The very tip of the bone with a hole through the thick end so he could thread his twine. Hikaru was quite pleased with the outcome.

As he looked up to Briar and her words of wisdom he also offered up the first pendant to her. She explained how to best utilize her own antlers. Hikaru couldn’t use the information himself, but he’d keep every tip and pointer in mind when he took on his own antlered opponents.

"Speech"

Shuriken

Loner

Expert Fighter (230)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
KatG6
12-24-2021, 09:57 AM
Shuriken only knew Briar in passing, but she was Seer’s daughter and that fact showed brightest in her knowledge. Like Iki, Briar held a natural grace and beauty that the princess didn’t believe she had. "Greetings,” She returned with a soft bow of her head and a gentle nod to each wolf present. Or almost all wolves, she couldn’t keep from glancing curiously at the wild dog.

Briar looked to her, as if reading her mind, and asked about her antlers. During the first year of her life they had grown in with one tiny tine, and she had used them against her siblings quite frequently. But she had been devastated when they fell off midwinter. Now, to her delight and desperate need, they were regrowing. They remained in velvet for now, so as a second tine grew in Ike hadn’t gotten much experience. "Just with my puppy antlers, I’ve just been trying to protect the velvet from getting damaged this year.” She explained softly, grateful this lesson didn’t have her trying to prove her foot work.

Kione

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard
12-29-2021, 02:17 AM

What a funny bunch it was, though kione imagined he was the strongest in the bunch as far as the rest of the lot was concerned. Kione noticed that Shuriken seemed the most concerned with refined behavior.  Was it a thing a lot of wolves acted like or was she in the same pack as that empress he’d met a ways back?  Maybe the whole pack was a bit more elitist?   His attention turned from Hikaru’s crafting and the child up to Briar as she approached and greeted them.

“’Ello luv,” he responded in return once she said her bit to all, “Oh, I’m just curious to compare styles.  See about how different your techniques might be versus how I’m used to fighting.  I’m an all-out offensive sort.  So, whatever normal path ya take, heck I don’t mind hearing about how you use the antlers if you wanna focus on that.  I might never fight with ‘em, but ya never know when I might fight against them, eh?”  

Kione was a decent fighter but he had no delusions that there weren't any better fighters than himself out there.  Regardless of whether this wolf was or not she surely could show him some new things.  Besides, it was nice to be working with some others for a little bit.

"Kione"

Briar

The Hallows
Lady of Cinder

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Ooh La LaSamhain 2022LegendaryPride - DemisexualTeacher
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3VengeanceCritical Fail!Ice Bridge Explorer1K
12-30-2021, 04:41 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2022, 10:28 PM by Briar. Edited 1 time in total.)
Briar nodded and grinned to Hikaru when he followed her recommendation for the piece he was making, admiring his handiwork with the pendant he was knotting into the twine. He really did have an eye for this kind of stuff and, more importantly, a talent for making it come to life. "It's looking great. Maybe balance out the bigger pendant with some smaller ones on either side?" she suggested, but she was honestly just curious to see what he would come up with. He had taken more quickly to their crafting adventures than she had. She had lots of ideas, but she wasn't as good at executing them. Turning her attention to Shuriken again with the question about fighting with her antlers, she nodded with understanding about not wanting to damage the velvet as her adult antlers grew in. "That's a good call. Maybe we can just go over some tips for you to practice later then?" she offered, which tied in nicely to what Kione said of wanting to see different techniques and learning how to defend against someone with antlers even if he didn't have them himself. She grinned and said, "Well, Kione, would you mind helping me with a demonstration then?"

She got up and motioned for the wild dog to do the same, taking a couple of steps away from where Shuriken and Hikaru were sitting, and squaring off with her pretend opponent. "The big thing to remember about fighting with antlers is that even though they can obviously be used on the offensive since they can be so sharp, they can also be used defensively," she explained as she got into a fighting position. She lowered her head so that her antlers were pointing tines out toward Kione, glancing toward Shuriken out of the corner of her eye. "Most opponents aren't going to be very inclined to go diving headfirst into a cluster of knives." She chuckled a bit and looked back to Kione, having to peer up through her own antlers at him. "But it does create some slight difficulties that you can take advantage of, Kione. Obviously if my head is down like this I can't bite at you as easily and it blocks my range of vision a bit. So as long as you're fast on your paws you can duck around to the side and get an attack in there. Go ahead, give it a try and I'll try to block you."

"Briar Fatalis"

Hikaru

Loner

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

12-30-2021, 08:26 PM
Haiku flicked a kohl lined ear towards Shuriken as she mentioned her antlers. He didn’t realize that a wolf with antlers could go through a molt like the deer that bore them. Fascinating. Still as the koi listened his paws were busy while he made a second little trinket. The first was simple enough but this one was more akin to a bracelet. He’d make it for Ike to adorn her own antlers. He chose his supplies accordingly and began to twist and weave the pale cord together as Briar spoke.

Kione felt mostly the same as he did, maybe he’d get a few pointers when he fought someone with them. Briar stood up to demonstrate for the princess and Hika listened in. He took particular note of the mention of her eyesight being hindered. Wolf faces were much different than deer faces but he had to guess even the ungulates themselves lost a bit of vision. He watched the two wolves with obvious interest as his paws weaved beads and string.

"Speech"

Shuriken

Loner

Expert Fighter (230)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
KatG6
12-30-2021, 09:12 PM
Ike looked up to Briar as she took charge of the lesson. Again she was stunned at how well put together and mature the Armada princess was. Another reminder at how much she didn’t deserve what she was given. She wasn’t good enough to be Crown Princess, but her mother believed she could get there so she was going to let Briar help her. Ike nodded lightly, yes she wanted instruction. Kione was volunteered and Ike watched as Briat lowered her head to him.

She knew what Briar meant with the ability to use them offensively or defensively. They worked really well in praying teeth, and were a great threat to eyeballs that way. Still, your eyesight was hindered. Briar warned of the weaknesses to putting up antlers first and then offered Kione to try it out a little. "Briar?” She asked before Kione could really get into the fight. "Do you think you use your teeth more often, or your antlers?”

Kione

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard
12-30-2021, 10:07 PM

Kotori listened relaxedly as the wolves talked, soaking in the details especially about her ideas of fighting with the antlers.  It was true, Kione hadn’t considered them using it for defense.  Kione very rarely bothered thinking of defense.  The answers were either putting up so much of an offense the opposition could never fight back or just not be where the attack came from.  Ferocity and speed were Kione’s methods.

When Kione was asked to come forward for a demonstration the painted dog grinned toothily, eyes brightening up with glee.  A fight or fighters challenge was always a fun thing.  Hopping up from his spot he moved forward, listening to Briar’s explanation.  Her eyes down were handy.

Kotori squared off with Briar, he thought about a small fake-out with his shoulders going the wrong direction first but small details would be harder for her at the moment.  He took a moment to think of it and then the broad grin came back on his face.  "lets see,”  Kione ran, not towards her but in a wide circle, making a full 360 spin about her trying to make it hard for her to keep up.  The dog did a full lap, then made a fast pivot to spin the opposite way, attempting to run a few strides past her head, spinning about again with the goal of trying to get in close, aiming a bite for the top part of her neck.  Aiming to be close enough that his head was safe from how far the antlers could quickly turn.  

Even if the bite did land it would be gentle.  Kione had learned to fight viciously and bite to crack bone but in spars he aimed for soft bites, alerting his partner to having hitting his mark but not causing pain.  If he didn’t hit his mark, hopefully, the wolf played just as gently in a spar.

"Kione"

Briar

The Hallows
Lady of Cinder

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

01-05-2022, 03:33 PM
Briar's ear turned toward Shuriken when she called her name to get her attention, glancing toward the princess curiously before Kione jumped into this small practice fight. When asked about whether she used her antlers or teeth more she hummed thoughtfully for a moment before answering, "It depends on the situation and whether I have my companions and armor with me. If I have more eyes looking out for me and more things to block potential attacks I don't mind taking the extra risk to possibly get a bigger hit with the antlers. If I'm on my own I might play it more safe and keep it to teeth. Though honestly-" she lifted one of her paws, flexing her toes to extend her claws- "more often than not I'll start with claws and feel it out from there. I can either grip on and keep them close for bites or shove them away and get enough distance to use antlers." She sincerely hoped that she was imparting some kind of helpful wisdom to the young princess. For being her first time teaching a real lesson on her own she felt like it was going okay, but not knowing her audience very well did make things slightly challenging.

Refocusing her attention on Kione, she bent her legs slightly as she prepared herself to fend him off. It wasn't a real fight, merely a demonstration, but he was noticeably smaller and lighter than herself so he was going to be able to move much faster and would no doubt be hard to keep up with. Sure enough, after a moment of consideration he took off running, but she was careful not to swing her head around trying to follow him. She turned her head slightly to keep him in her peripheral view for as long as possible. When he circled behind her her ears swiveled to listen to the sound of his paw steps and she noticed how there was no hesitation or slowing down so she didn't think he was going to stop to attack her from behind. Anticipating his movements, she turned her head a bit to see him come from the other side. This time when he pivoted and started running the other way she noticed he make have as full tilt of a run so she turned with with him to follow his moments and as soon as he jumped toward her with bite aimed at the top of her neck she lunged toward him as well to try and throw her shoulder into his chest and tossed her head back to try and knock the backs of her antlers into his head. It wouldn't poke or do any real damage and she didn't make any movements that would be strong enough to even cause any bruising, but it gave the idea of what she was going for at least.

"That was good," she told Kione once they disengaged from each other, giving him a grin. "In a more intense battle situation if there were other things for me to focus on or other things covering up the sound of your paw steps that would probably work. Good job using your faster speed to your advantage though!" She looked back to Shuriken and Hikaru, adding, "Another thing to take from that is to stay calm and fully focus on your opponent in a fight too. As long as you don't let yourself get overwhelmed and pick what you react to carefully you'll have a much easier time of it. You don't need to be the fastest or most nimble to have an upper hand."

"Briar Fatalis"

Hikaru

Loner

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
KatG6

01-06-2022, 05:15 PM
Briar mentioned the way she usually worked through attacks in battle. She used her claws first and worked from there. As Hikaru continued to brade and finish his second trinket the information was stored away for later. Maybe he’d need to test all this newfound knowledge on someone, like Briar or the Princess. For now though, he’d keep working on his little project while silver eyes watched the two wolves head into moch battle.

Kione easily got his his feet to stand before Briar fearlessly. There weren’t many stakes when you were only putting on display, but she had sharp claws and antlers. Hika watched transfixed as they collided and the Armada princess showed off her expertise. Like Mortis, she had been highly trained since a young pup. Maybe that was why it was so easy to look up to her.

He nodded as she looked up to him and Ike, reminded them it wasn’t always the best or most talented that won.

"Speech"

Shuriken

Loner

Expert Fighter (230)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
KatG6
01-06-2022, 05:40 PM
Briar looked to her after the question and a moment later was answering to the best of her ability. It did sound somewhat familiar to what she did instinctively. Dual toned eyes fell to her eagle like talons as Briar talked about swiping with her claws first. They were much more versatile despite putting her balance off slightly. The princess nodded as she looked back up to Briar and Kione and watched as their bodies were put through the motions of a real fight.

Shuriken wasn’t sure she could ever look so fluid running like that, and felt envious of the wild dog as well. She kept her thoughts to herself though, the green monster having given her plenty of trouble for a lifetime as she struggled with her self worth and confidence.

Briar’s last words really hit home, her best defence was staying calm and thinking. To focus entirely on her opponent in front of her. She needed to keep from getting overwhelmed. Ike often times got caught up in her own head, and that sometimes disrupted her focus which was detrimental to her performance. It wasn’t just how clumsy she was, it was how she reacted to being so clumsy.

Kione

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Shard
01-06-2022, 10:48 PM

Kione was fast, and he didn’t believe it was in arrogance he felt that.  That being said he had to admit it was impressive Briar managed to get her shoulder into him as he aimed for his attack.  The antlers came towards him and his neck arched up as if he’d bite at the horn but the demonstration was over and Kione likewise had no desire to turn a fast demonstration into a real fight.  Well, Kione was always ready for a real fight but he had no desire to harm anyone but true enemies.

Kione grinned as he backed off, “might need a real spar with you someday miss,” the words were said in a respectful tone.  It wasn’t about education, or an enemy, just good fun.  Her antlers were a handy defense and Kione’s mind was already working on how he’d get around her antlered defense.  Kione had picked up what he’d wanted though which had been an idea on how the wolf used those antlers after all.

"Kione"