gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

Pride - PansexualTeacherSamhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipDouble MasterWordy
12-25-2021, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 12-25-2021, 01:10 PM by Halo. Edited 1 time in total.)

Briar would be setting off soon, and Lia with her. Halo would miss her, more than she was likely to admit. The girl had helped her get settled in, and been of more assistance than she could ever explain. The princess would be off to start her new life in The Hallows, and she'd of course take her handmaiden with her, such was the way the world went. It didn't mean that Halo wouldn't miss her. She aught to make the girl something before she took her leave... a thank you, because for her, Lia had done more than she could ever explain.

That, and if there was a party that would be going down to The Hallows, she should send along more willow for Audra. Halo's own stock could do with replenishing. It was late into the afternoon, and the tenderhearted girl didn't want to venture too far from home. No, it was simply a bit upriver she searched, her raccoon friend in tow. While the girl had yet to name him, she'd decided to ask for Basilisk's help in doing so. Children always had the best ideas, after all. With light, even steps across the ground, she kept her gaze keen for a white willow tree. "We're looking for the trees that are sort of like this, but with leaves that look white on the underside," she explained to her companion. He'd learn soon enough, or at least learn enough to be helpful... Halo could hope, right?

[Image: m4UQRpx.png]
[Image: nvtQgrf.gif]

Lúta

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - AsexualDouble Master
Critical Fail!Valentines 2020
12-25-2021, 01:00 PM

Lúta knew her name. She knew a great deal about plants and a great deal about battle and the later was rather unfortunate. She had terrible memories of war and violence that were clear as day but only faded ones of her family and where she was, let alone why she was there. Occasionally she would see a face but could not recall the name or what they were to her. She took some solace in that she was not alone. The strange amnesia affected her companions as well. Raga in particular even had the same strange dream that she had of walking through a field full of strange glowing mushrooms. Lúta could remember them growing on her, growing out of her ears and giving her the worst headache she'd ever had in her life.

She'd learned the land she was in was called Boreas and that it was spring. She knew the great river she was near was called the Rio Grande and that something had happened here. She remembered throwing herself into the glowing river though she could not remember why. The river did not glow. She watched the waters swirl past, normal, regular water. A voice caught her attention and she peered through the shrubs to see a small white wolf. She carefully stepped from the shrubs. "Hello, there…" Her voice trailed off as she tried to think of what to say. "Are you a healer?" She'd heard the smaller woman mention looking for leaves.

Halo

Loner

Master Healer (250)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

12-25-2021, 01:32 PM

Halo spoke with her companion, and the pair walked together comfortably. She would be able to train her raccoon in time, and maybe she'd even get Sedna's help doing it. It seemed that Chips really did know what he was doing, and Halo would love the help with her raccoon. Yes, that seemed like a good choice. As she walked with her new friend by her side, Halo carefully inspected each. Though she didn't know them quite well enough to be able to identify them at only a glance, the pale creature could take her time. There was no reason to rush. Not today. The thoughts of the disease, and her paranoia since arrival, had started to fade. Even if something was to catch her in a bad spot, she was growing more confident and competent in defending herself. If things really got bad... well, she wasn't so far from home. She could always call for Sirius or Mortis, or anyone else. Maybe even Kotori would come to her side if she was in danger. Maybe.

Hello there, the voice caught her attention, and Halo tensed for only a moment. As her soft gaze focused on the woman that stepped from the shrubs, her tail wagged softly. Friendly. It was important to be friendly. Her coat and markings were fascinating, and the pale girl did her best not to stare. "Hello," her tone was soft, pleasant. "I am, I'm just teaching my new companion how to tell the white willows apart from the regular ones." She gestured to her raccoon friend with her nose, and the creature peered carefully from where he sat on a broad, flat river rock. "I'm Halo," the introduction came easily. Maybe she was starting to build some confidence in herself... maybe. "Are you? Ah, are you a healer, I mean?" Okay, maybe the "confidence" idea was Halo getting ahead of herself. Conversation was still hard. Still, she was trying her best.

Lúta

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - AsexualDouble Master
12-30-2021, 07:38 PM

Lúta smiled gently as the stranger introduced herself as Halo, explaining that she was teaching her companion about willows. Lúta hesitated. Was she a healer? That was a dangerous question. She'd been born into the warrior class. Society saw little use for her beyond that but she knew a great deal about healing. Yes, she remember much of her lessons in secret and the voice of her teacher even though she could not call the name to her lips. Perhaps… perhaps she could consider herself a healer. "Yes, I suppose I am. A warrior first but, I long for more of a purpose than just battle. My name is Lúta. Are you gathering some willow for your pack?" The pack scent had not escaped her notice though she could not place the scent.

Halo

Loner

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

01-03-2022, 02:01 AM

Healers brought balance to societies, and Halo was glad for that. At least within the Armada, she could feel like she was of some use. It was so different than how things had been back home... no. The Armada made her feel wanted, made her feel necessary. Though she felt out of place among them, she still understood that it was important that she was there. After all, warriors needed to be patched up. If she could repair them, then they could keep fighting. Halo needed to help, and needed to feel useful. Yes, well and truly, she could be useful here. That was for the best.

Lúta came her name, and Halo smiled softly. There was a genuine, gentle nature to her, as was typical. Her tail wagged softly. "Well, I think it's a lovely purpose," Halo affirmed. If life was a search for meaning, there could be as many answers as they needed. "I am," the tenderhearted girl nodded softly. "Were you looking for herbs too?" Her question was gentle... if she had time, maybe they could look together. Two sets of eyes were better than one.

Lúta

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

01-07-2022, 07:07 PM

Lúta glanced out across the horizon, wondering if Halo referred to battle or healing as the lovely purpose. Surely, she meant the later. The few memories she could recall were blood-stained. She knew her homeland had been at war, was probably still at war. Sparring for glory and respect simply wasn't a thing, there was only mud, and cold, and the buzzing of flies over the dead and wounded as they decayed on the battlefield.

A macaque wandered up, holding a swatch of willow. "Lúta, I found-" She paused and stared at the strange white wolf. Lúta roused from her thoughts with a sigh of relief and a gentle smile. "Ahhh, Raga. This is Halo, a healer. Halo, this is my good friend Raga. Yes, I was looking for a few different herbs. It looks like Raga found a patch of white willow. What are you looking for?"

Halo

Loner

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

01-08-2022, 07:04 PM

Being able to do both, and finding a larger purpose, was something that Halo found lovely. She'd only just begun learning the basics of self defense, coming from a people who would much rather flee than fight. They were so focused on survival, and survival alone, that glory wasn't really ever a thought in their heads. It was an interesting difference now, seeing the wolves of the Armada. Watching the way the children were raised and trained from the time they were pups... it was foreign to her. Still, it was good. They were good, and they were good to her. There are so many things to create a fulfilling existence.

A macaque approached, and the pale girl remembered what Sedna said. Healers often had monkeys as companions, as their dexterous fingers were good to fill in where the clumsiness of their paws fell short. It was one of the same reasons that Halo had put so much work into getting her little raccoon friend to stay. While he didn't have thumbs per say, he had fingers and did almost as good a job. "It's nice to meet you, Raga," her words were gentle, nodding to the healer's friend. "White willow and horsetail mostly, but we're happy to help you look for anything you need," it was a nice day, and they had plenty of sunshine left. What a nice day to be out.

Lúta

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

01-17-2022, 06:41 PM

Raga laid a hand on Lúta's shoulder for a moment before she started rooting around in the duo's bag. Lúta didn't need to see what the macaque was doing. They'd been through much together. She knew that even most of her memory had all but left her. She smiled at Halo. "Well, we have white willow in common. How about you accompany me and Raga to the source she found? We could look for horsetail after if you liked. I don't have anywhere to be and all the time to spend." She had not yet decided if that was something she wanted to change. Did she dare to join a pack with her mind in such a state? Lúta could be reclusive if the mood struck her but she also couldn't imagine living all by herself for the rest of her life either.

She got to her feet and followed Raga to a stand of young white willow. The wind stirred the drapping leaves, rustling them gently in a way that seemed to beckon the healers forward. "I uh… couldn't help but notice that you're a pack wolf. How is it?"

Halo

Loner

Master Healer (250)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Poser

01-19-2022, 12:36 AM
Halo's smile played softly on her features, reaching all the way to her eyes with a bit of a glimmer. Lúta was kind, and though still a stranger, the tenderhearted girl found herself enjoying the company. "Thank you," her words were soft. "We would like that very much," her gaze flickered to the pale raccoon, and she inclined her head in the direction that Raga and Lúta moved in. He ambled forward, and Halo couldn't help but smile.

As they reached the young tree, the girl beckoned her new companion. "This is a great example, see, the leaves are white underneath," she showed the creature, turning one of the leaves gently in her paws. "Especially with a tree this young, we don't take from the tree itself, okay?" Halo waited for him to nod. "Just the sticks from the ground, and we can strip them when we get home." The words were quick, quiet, not wanting to bore her company. Still, she wanted to intercept before her raccoon friend went and started peeling from the tree itself. Carefully, she picked up a few sticks and handed them to the creature. There were still plenty for the others to take, but it would be an excellent addition to Halo's stores.

Lúta asked about pack life, and the tenderhearted girl offered a warm smile. "It's really nice, I've never known anything like it." Halo admitted softly. "Before this, before coming here, I was with my family. They were wanderers, resources were always hard to manage... it's not like that here," and honestly, the pale girl was still in awe of it. "For the first time, I feel... safe." It was a strange thought, safety. Sleeping at night had gotten easier, and Halo was able to rest. Softly, her gaze flickered to Lúta. "Do you have a home?" Maybe not a pack, from the way she'd asked, but a band? Somewhere to rest at night? A caretaker at heart, Halo wanted to know that she was okay out here.

"Halo"

Lúta

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
lunarcat7

01-21-2022, 08:36 PM

Lúta settled about investigating the willow tree. She could see the spring flowers starting to fade as spring bled over into summer. It was just as well. Summer was the best time to gather the bark as it flaked easily from the tree. She set her pack down and rummaged around for her bone knife when she heard a soft chuff. Lúta looked up to see a mountain lion approaching. She grinned. "Ah, Kolfinna. I wondered where you'd gotten to. Care to collect a few twigs for me while Raga helps with the tin." Kolfinna yawned loudly before nodding and going off to look on the other side of the tree to give the others some space.

She took the bone knife in her teeth as Raga trailed after with a metal tin. Lúta took the blade to the willow tree, scraping the bark and peeling off chunks into the tin. She was careful not to go too deep. As it was summer there was less concern for cold to harm the tree but a deep wound could make a pathway for bugs and pests to cause serious damage. She listened as Halo spoke of the pack she was in before asking if Lúta had home.

She sighed wistfully before setting her bone knife down and beckoning Raga to put the items away. "No, I don't. I feel like I maybe did at one point. However, I suppose 'home' is a relative term. I lived in a place before here but the funny thing is I just can't remember too much about it." She shrugged.