Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
01-03-2022, 04:44 PM

After learning of his grandson's thoughtless actions, Valentine had moved quickly. He'd followed Jupiter's trail back to the place his woman had given birth and quickly laid claim to the children. As expected they were cold, listless and hungry, but after bundling them up at his side Valentine was able to whittle them down to just being hungry. Once he was satisfied with their liveliness, he wrapped them in his blankets and spirited them back to Fireside.

Only after he reached Motif's den did Valentine stop to wonder if Jupiter had done what he'd he told him to. If he had, then Motif would be expecting them. If he hadn't, well, she was in for a surprise and Jupiter was in for a beating next time Valentine laid eyes on him.

He scratched at the den's entrance and then carefully set down the bundle of bawling puppies to wait. Impatience colored his features as he waited. It could have been one second or ten; it didn't matter to him. Valentine's great grands were hungry and all he cared about was remedying that. He scratched at the entrance again. "Motif!"

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Motif

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

Trick 2019
01-03-2022, 05:07 PM
Motif sat up in her den, something stirring in her breast for the first time in what felt like forever. She had refused to go home, knowing the expressions of pity and understanding would have broken her. So she had stayed, listless and healing in the Fireside pack. She had been able to use the excuse of her bear wounds to hole up in her den and nurse the far more pressing pain of her broken heart. In her mad dash to Fireside, she hadn’t had time to mourn her mate, the father of her stillborn children. Here, she had nothing to do but remember.

Jupiters desperate plea was welcomed more than he could ever know. A mother who had lost her children, and children who had lost their mother? They were made for each other. So she sat up, blinking in the dim light of the den, and felt hope stirring inside of her for the first time. When Valentine scratched at the entrance, she was there a second later. Looking at the bundled babies in his arms. “Valentine” she said, almost breathlessly. Her healing wounds were still visible in her fur, but there was a sudden strength to her gaze. “This is them?” she asked their bawling voices already answering her. At least there was strength to their lunges. “This is their first meal?” she asked, a healer as well as a... pair of boobs, as Jupiter had put it. “I will need some things, Valentine.” as she gave him space to settle them beside her. “Alfalfa, and Watercress” she said, thinking quickly. She would need to ensure she was able to supply good, healthy milk to these little ones.

"Motif Destruction"
[Image: IdzUBSO.png]

Valentine

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lazuli

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3WinnerDouble MasterLegendaryFamous
1KVolcanoDream WeaverTrick 2019
01-03-2022, 06:16 PM

Valentine pushed the bundle forward causing one of the pups to spill out. He picked it up and tucked it back in before answering. "This is them. There's three of them. They all look pretty good," he said gruffly. "Better than I expected anyhow. Two boys, one girl. All squallers. Not a weak pair of lungs among them." As for her final question, he shrugged. "They were trying to nurse when I got there so your guess is as good as mine."

She gave him a short grocery list and he scowled the scowl of an old man who fetched nothing for no one in his old age. "I'll send Jupiter for them." He leaned back out of the den and yelled for his grandson. When the boy didn't come running Valentine scowled and turned back to Motif. "'If you want something done right' and all that. Guess I'll get them myself." He was willing to bet Alarr had them and he had no qualms with riffling through his son's things in the wee hours.

---

Valentine returned with the goods some time later. They'd been a bitch to find, but find them he had. This time when he came upon Motif's den he shouldered his way in without ceremony. "Got your plants. How are my great grands? Do they need anything else?"

NOTE: Valentine has a female striped skunk companion named Lefty. Unless stated otherwise assume she's present.

Motif

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Glacier

Trick 2019
01-03-2022, 06:28 PM
Motif looked at the beautiful, star-coated wolves as Valentine pushed the bundle towards her. She twitched, as through to leap forward when one slipped its bundle, but Valentine was already there. Tucking them back in and into Motif’s waiting arms. She wasted no time in cleaning each one, giving it a quick inspection, and setting them to feed. Two males and one tiny girl. She didn’t even notice the scowl Valentine gave her, too busy seeing to each pup. They latched on with no issues, thank goodness. “Thank you,” she said to Valentine in distraction, and then he was gone.

She circled about the pups, her long tail blanketing them as they fed and then slept beside her. Perfect, and beautiful, and exactly what her own children should have been. It was bittersweet, but she was determined not to cry. She was grateful she hadn’t, as Valentine eventually returned, her requested herbs in hand. “Thank you Valentine. You have three healthy great grandchildren.” She promised him. ”It was sheer luck I hadn’t lost my milk yet” she added as a soft after thought.

"Motif Destruction"
[Image: IdzUBSO.png]