ardent

Bring Me Home

Series

gems
size
build
player
05-11-2014, 07:24 PM

The muscular brute managed to make his steps delicate as he walked into sacred land. The woods here were silent and pure, and they seemed to watch the man with friendly curiosity. Series Destruction moved carefully around the ivory tree limbs, ducking where his immense height made avoiding them difficult. His light golden gaze seemed to catch the familiar flicker of water in the distance, and he had been walking all day. His tongue felt dry, and he sought to quench it.

The shrine continued to watch in silence as Series approached it, licking his lips with anticipation. He briefly inspected the runes that decorated each stone, genuinely interested but unable to overlook his own thirst. The gentle brute finally reached the reflective pool, and he saw his own face in the ripple of the water. His image had been distorted slightly, but he could still make out the distinctive eye markings that made him a Destruction. The male smiled at himself before dipping his head to take a long drink. He of course had a lot of respect for this sacred shrine, but he knew that there would be no rule against drinking from the pool. It was here for everyone.

speech

Huata

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
05-11-2014, 07:35 PM
Huata would look to the shrine. She had never been here before, but all she knew was that she was thirsty and dehydrated and needed something to quench her thirst. Her light blue pools scanned the area as she came upon a small lake, licking her lips, she approached the small pool and began to lap at the water. Right now, she was too thirsty to care that there was a brute across from her, but she would have if she wasn't too thirsty,

She pulled her head back when she was done drinking and looked to see a brute across from her. How she managed to miss him and his scent, she didn't know, but she looked to him with kindness in her eyes. He seemed nice as well, for she also saw red markings near his eyes, but she looked to him as her blue pools shone in the vast sunlight that reflected off of them.

"Hello," she spoke in her gentle tone. He looked to be a year older than her, but she didn't mind that, she stayed silent and smiled kindly like she always did.

Series

gems
size
build
player
05-11-2014, 07:53 PM

The male felt the water trickling down his throat, moistening his mouth and quenching his thirst. As he lifted his head, though, he was surprised to see a girl standing across from him. His dandelion eyes widened a bit at first as he stumbled back a step. Then he regained his composure and stood straight, giving the stranger a gentle smile in return. He couldn't help but notice how pretty she was, with a luxurious coat composed of soft reds and whites. Her eyes were bluer than the pool they had both drank from, bluer perhaps than the sky.

His smile widened as she spoke. Her voice was so tender. It awakened in him the same affection he felt for all gentle creatures. The desire to protect them, to keep them warm. But he didn't know this woman. Not yet. He laughed off his slight moment of confusion and replied to the maiden with ease. "Hey there," Series said softly, his tail swaying behind him. "What brings you here? Were you thirsty too?"

speech

Huata

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
05-11-2014, 08:00 PM
The maiden and nodded and kept her gentle smiled, "Yes, I have been wandering for a while, I don't really have a place I can call home right now, but I should be alright for I have not died yet," she joked and moved around the pool of water where she was standing right next to the brute, her light blue pools continuing to shine from the sunlight.

"My name is Huata by the way," she spoke as she took a few more licks of water, then licked her left front paw as she listened to the sound of the wind that had begun to blow her pelt. The smell of dust and sand that had gathered around the shrine began to blow around her, but she was used to it and ignored it.

Series

gems
size
build
player
05-11-2014, 08:16 PM

Series would settle onto his haunches, a warm feeling of happiness spreading through his chest as the maiden would come to stand beside him. He lowered his head a bit so not to tower over her, flicking his ears as he listened to her soft voice once more. "I don't have a home either. But I'm glad you haven't died. I seem to have survived as well," he joked, sending the female a friendly wink. Her eyes were incredible in the sunlight, but he tried not to distract himself.

"It's lovely to meet you, Huata... My name is Series. Series Destruction." He added on his surname almost as an afterthought, he knew that his family name was spread far across these lands. If he said "Destruction", sometimes people would have a flash of recognition in their eyes. Now he watched Huata as she took a few more sips and looked around at the shrine. He pulled his gaze away from her long enough to look at it as well. "This is an interesting place, isn't it?"

speech

Huata

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
05-11-2014, 08:22 PM
Huata nodded as she smiled once more and lied down near the small pool. The water began to lap at her paws that were on the edge of it, and she was happy that she finally had someone to talk to. His gold gaze was incredible, even though she had seen eyes like his, she loved those color of eyes. The smell of dust entered her nose and she sneezed slightly, she was hungry, but she didn't eat since the pool was probably there for drinking.

"Destruction is a unique last name, my last name is Hinto, but I don't like it as much as yours," she said with a smile as she had received a wink, she winked back to him and placed her head upon her paws as she heaved a small sigh and closed her eyes, she was not asleep, but she could still listen and reply to him.

Series

gems
size
build
player
05-11-2014, 08:42 PM

Series would return his stare to the maiden as she sank to the ground by the pool. However, he still didn't feel comfortable positioning himself above her, so he matched her position instead. First he slipped down to his belly, then with a smile he placed his large head on massive front paws. She would speak again, causing his eyes to light up with interest. "I guess it is a unique name, I never really considered it. But I like your name. Altogether it has a nice sound to it. Huata Hinto... The fairest maiden in all the land." He was tempted to wink again, but he settled for a companionable nudge to her shoulder. Perhaps the flattery would be taken well. Perhaps it wouldn't. He would just have to wait and see.

In the meantime, he would notice that something was bothering the girl. She had mentioned her extensive period of wandering around... surely thirst wasn't the only thing that ailed her. She would be hungry too, right? Was that why she seemed to close her eyes in sleep? Was she exhausted from lack of nourishment?

Her hunger was probably not so drastic, and yet Series felt his protective instinct kick in again. He leaned close and gently bumped the female with his nose. "Um, miss? Are you hungry perchance? I could find you something to eat if you're hungry." The muscular brute would look at her expectantly, eager to help if he needed to.

speech

Huata

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
05-11-2014, 08:50 PM
Huata would smile and look into his eyes as she was nudged. She liked his comforting movements and she was kind of hungry for she had not eaten in a while and her stomach was slowly starting to show the lack of nourishment in her stomach and around her body.

"You do not have to hunt for me, Series, I will be alright," she smiled in reassurance as she nudged his cheek in return from the bump her made on her shoulder. Her stomach gave a small growl that the brute could not hear, but she was slightly in pain. She saw a large rat come toward her and she pinned it's tail with her paw as it was squeaking.

She grabbed it and bit down, killing it instantly and she ate it. It was a terrible taste, but it would food and it was something that would fill her belly for a little bit before she would be able to move onward.

Series

gems
size
build
player
05-12-2014, 06:29 AM

The large boy would frown when she turned away his offer. It was only fair, though, that she hold enough pride to fend for herself. As if on cue, a rat came scrambling their way. What a stupid creature, Series thought, about to catch the squirming thing when Huata pinned it down with her paw. She killed it quickly and began to eat, causing the sandy brute to wrinkle his nose a bit in distaste. That couldn't possibly have a good flavor to it, but beggars couldn't be choosers. He gave the woman some privacy as she ate, glancing around at the skeletal trees.

When she had finished, he turned back to her again. There was a low chuckle in his throat. "Well, that should hold you off for an hour or two, right? It certainly wasn't much..." and Series still wanted to be of assistance. This poor, beautiful maiden, alone in the world. Couldn't he be a friend to her? Or at the very least, a temporary hunting partner?

speech

Huata

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
05-12-2014, 12:59 PM
Huata would smile to the brute and nudge him, the rat did not taste very good, but it would sustain her for a little while. Series was a very handsome wolf to her, but she did not want to rush things so she waited for him to ask her since she was not sure if he had a mate, or was only there to be friendly to her. He surely would be perfect for anyone to be friends with.

"I have been a healer for my last pack. I usually was the one to treat illnesses and bone problems, such as the bone was broken or shattered. I did not like doing it, but whenever i tried my hardest, i was happy that i helped someone in need. And it did not matter how old you were or what type of wolf you were, everyone was equal when i put it." She smiled and looked to the sky as she could see the sun was starting to go down.

Series

gems
size
build
player
05-12-2014, 02:17 PM

He would refocus as the girl nudged him again, giving a pleasant smile. It had been some time since the man had enjoyed such company, and it was great to just relax and talk. Her pretty blue eyes gleamed in the growing darkness as she spoke of her former pack.

"I can see you being a wonderful healer, miss. You seem to be very kind and compassionate." Yes, she was beautiful, but he still didn't know her. "So you have no home now, and yet you used to. Do you plan on joining a pack anytime soon?" As the silence took over again, Series looked away at the sky. It grew warm with the shades of the sunsets, bringing a sigh from his lips. Another day gone. What did he plan to do with the next?

speech

Huata

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
05-12-2014, 06:16 PM
Huata pondered about the brute's question. She didn't know what she would do at the moment once she left this place. Her topaz eyes turned sad slightly, but she knew he was only trying to help, and she would at least go somewhere where she would be safe for time being. "I am not sure where I will go, I have been traveling for a long time that I haven't really thought of a place where I could call home."

She placed her head back on her paws and closed her eyes, still listening to him and talking, so she wasn't asleep Her claws were becoming wet as the water was lapping at them. She liked the feeling, but she pushed her paws back slightly so her paws didn't get completely well.

Series

gems
size
build
player
05-12-2014, 07:24 PM

Huata answered him, a bit hesitant. It seemed that she didn't know what to do with her life either. Series thought back on his own life, how everything seemed to revolve around his siblings and their family name. But being a Destruction didn't define him. It only brought him honor and pride. So the smile returned as he swept his tail about and brushed it against her hip. "That's alright. Sometimes it's nice to explore. Enjoy your freedom."

His dandelion gaze flickered down, seeing her paws as they retreated from the lapping water. He smiled gently and looked back at her face. The maiden had such quiet mannerisms, it seemed to relax him right away. Huata then rested her head again, seeming tired. The woods around them grew ever darker. "Are you getting sleepy, my pretty maiden?" Series Destruction let his voice slip into that natural honey tone, the kind that lingered sweetly in the air. His eyes glinted with charm as he waited for her reply.

speech

Huata

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
05-12-2014, 07:30 PM
She would look to him and shook her head, "No, I was just thinking about my brother. He is like you, Series. He is kind, gentle, compassionate, and always cared for others." She said as her topaz pools shimmered in the sunlight, her eyes showing somewhat happiness. "His name is Aric," she said and yawned slightly. Huata thought of him as a good companion, and she wished he would come with her on her journeys, but, he had a life and the maiden didn't wish to ruin his life.

(sorry for short post, had tornado warning again)

Series

gems
size
build
player
05-13-2014, 08:40 PM

The woman would then turn the compliment around on him, saying that Series reminded her of a sibling. Her brother, in fact. The man would smile as she called him kind, gentle, and compassionate. "I see those same virtues in you, Huata. I guess we're pretty similar that way. We both care for others a great deal," he said softly, thinking of his sister for a moment. Scorpion could be so possessive of her at times, and it offended him. Series would rather take Orchid away, keep her truly safe and happy. But he didn't know where the pair had wandered. He decided he would find them as soon as possible. But not tonight. Tonight he could rest here in good company.

The sandy male blinked at his new companion, smirking as a yawn overtook her. "It's getting dark. Do you plan on leaving, or will you stay here with me?" Of course, he added a charming twist to his inflection, brushing the girl with his tail once more. She knew he was only teasing, and he respected her a great deal. But flirting could be fun every now and then.

speech

Huata

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
05-13-2014, 08:57 PM
Huata would smile that he thought she had the same likely traits as him. He would ask her if she was going to be staying here with him tonight, and she chuckled nodding her head. "That is unless you would not like me to," she said as when he brushed his tail around her, she would do the same movement as he did. She brushed her reddish-orange tail across his side in a flirty type gesture as he had done, her topaz eyes shining in the stars that appeared that night.

She would soon think about lying down, when she soon saw two large ground hogs. She would crawl and take slow movements and when she was close enough, the female would leap down and snapped her jaws around one, shaking it as it lay dead. Huata walked over to Series and placed the first one she caught at his paws as she moved and saw another one, catching a second one as she began to lie down beside Series and digging into the carcass, but eating slow and lady-like.

Series

gems
size
build
player
05-16-2014, 03:39 PM

He would chuckle in return as her tawny appendage slid against his side. Then he would sigh contentedly as the light grew deeper in these woods, the silence feeling natural and right. Once more they would be disrupted by two groundhogs, which Huata soon trapped and caught. Series managed a polite smile as she laid one in front of him, but he couldn't help but wonder why so many creatures had happened to come by. Certainly they weren't that ignorant. Could it be, perhaps, that this place was more sacred than he had imagined? Was it expected for wolves to refrain from violence and hunting while within its boundaries?

That seemed to be the most logical explanation. Why else would these little animals be so stupid? The sandy brute let out an apologetic sigh as he looked down at his dinner. He didn't want to be rude to his acquaintance, after the trouble she had gone to, but it didn't feel right to eat the carcass. Why spill blood and gore on the stones of a shrine? His smile returned, plastered on in an almost artificial way. But as he saw the moonlight in her blue eyes, it became warm and genuine. "Thank you for catching this, but I have no appetite for it at the moment. Do you mind if I save it for the morning?" As his soft voice entered the air, he would move a paw to push the groundhog behind him. If he wasn't eating it, he didn't want to look at it either.

But now there could be an awkward silence. This he decided to fill with a friendly question. "Do you have any other siblings to speak of? Any others, perhaps, that act just like me?" The boy wore a carefree grin to match his words, dandelion eyes sparkling with mischief.

speech

Huata

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
05-16-2014, 04:13 PM
The fea would be hungry, but she knew this place was sacred and refrained from eating anything until they left the landscape. She used her snout to push the carcass away from her, and placed her head on her paws for she didn't feel like eating either. Her topaz optics scanned anything that might be of interest to her, but the brute was the only one she could think of that would be able to entertain her. When he talked about siblings that she might have that acted like him besides her brother, but she shook her head in reply.

"No, my brother is with my old pack, and I have not seen him for over a year." She closed her eyes as her ear twitched slightly, tail wrapping around her backside and stopping beside her right side. The cool night felt good, but she was slightly chilly outside as she shivered a couple times, hoping her body could produce some heat that she would be able to use to warm herself up.

Series

gems
size
build
player
05-16-2014, 05:02 PM

The boy heaved another sigh that transformed into a yawn, tugging his tired mind toward the rest that night would bring. But for the moment, he would train his eyes on Huata, watching her as she pushed away her meal. Perhaps his stubborn attitude toward eating in the shrine had offended her, or caused her to think that she needed to do the same. "My lady, you can eat if you want to. I don't mind at all." His voice was still soft, and took on a husky quality as he drifted toward sleep. It was a struggle to shake away the feelings of drowsiness, but he did it anyway, not wanting to miss a word that passed the young girl's lips.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Especially if your brother is close to you." Series also had a brother, but they never really saw eye to eye. Scorpion was a demanding and manipulative presence, one that didn't really invite people in. Except women, of course. With his charm and good looks, he could always get what he wanted. The timber brute felt tempted to roll his eyes at the thought. No, he didn't miss his brother in the slightest.

As his attention returned to the maiden, he noticed her shivering. Huata curled her tail close, hugging it next to her body in the coolness of the night. Series bit his lip for a moment, hesitating, and then he shuffled closer to her on the icy stone of the shrine. He pushed his side against hers in order to share the heat. "Is that better? I mean, are you comfortable?"The man would clear his throat awkwardly, avoiding her gaze for a second. "If you want me to move away, I can. Just... um... let me know."

speech

Huata

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
05-16-2014, 08:00 PM
Her gaze shifted to him, a small smile coming through as her cranium would nudge the brute's side in a thankful and friendly manner. Her blue pools shone slightly from the moon and millions of stars that shone in the night sky. "My brother and I were very different, he was kind of more shy and wanting to be by my mother's side when he was young. As for me, I loved to explore and play by myself and even practiced some of my fighting skills, and in doing so, I got in trouble." She remembered when she had left the pack to be by herself one time and played with a grizzly cub. The mother bear and her mother were both furious and she got beat.

"I can sense that your brother and you don't get along very well. He is your brother, and even though you don't see eye to eye, you are still family and you should love him even if he drives you crazy. Sometimes, I wished I didn't have a brother, that I was an only pup, but he is still family and I care for him, even though he isn't with me, I still pray that the gods will watch over him and keep him safe from harm."

She did not know if he took her words to heart, but she was only there to help. She moved her form toward him a bit more in a kind and comforting way, she was even a bit more cold. "Thank you, Series. If you are tired, you may sleep, I will not be offended if one sleeps." She would smile her friendly and calm smile as she looked to the night sky and felt the wind blow.