Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
05-10-2014, 04:53 PM
For three days the she wolf had found herself immobilized away from her den. She was struck down by the gods themselves, making way for intense dreams and vivid revelations. Change was coming, and the only way her family would survive it was a simple task. She had thought them crazy, surely this would not be so. Her task could not be what they would say. It was impossible, her parents were safely seated on the Ahlon throne. They could not be here to accept her own crown. When they arrived upon her doorstep she realized the gods ha truly meant what they had said. Her parents would take over Ludiceal.?

She would not approach them as they greeted her on the borders, still finding herself slightly shocked the woman would wait for them to settle into the lands. Approaching them in the evening of a particularly windy day the Oracle would step lightly around the entrance of their makeshift home. "Father? Mother? I need.. To speak with you." she would fold her haunches beneath her and sit politely before their door. A look of seriousness upon her features.?

Dutiron i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Novella
05-10-2014, 05:02 PM

It surprised Dutiron how swiftly they were able to adjust here, with so many wolves being family though, and true it seemed to their Destruction nature, Ludicael had been nothing but welcoming to he and Novel. It was a shame he felt that things had been left this long before they'd attempted to find Song once more, for she had certainly been amongst the warm welcome, perhaps even more so than anyone else due to the worries they'd had prior to their arrival. All it seemed had been forgiven and forgotten, far more than the man could even realise it seemed.

He and Novel had been relaxing in the make-shift den, sheltering from the winds outside. The sound of a voice at the entrance was somewhat of a surprise, though with so many members of the family seeking them out over the past few days not entirely. It was about time he thought that Song had decided to join them for a quiet moment, but from the sound of her voice it sounded a little more serious than the visits that others in the family had paid them.

"Come in out of the wind." He would invite her in, lifting himself up to a sitting position as his mismatched eyes focussed upon the entrance. He kept his face free of any concerns though his mind couldn't help but wonder what, if there was one, the problem could be.

Novel i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
05-10-2014, 05:13 PM
Napping lightly within Dutiron's grasp she would sleep away the windy day. Finding rest within their shallow place she would let herself now recuperate. Having entertained a few members of the family the last few days she would fully recover and simply enjoy her mate's presence. Slightly stirring at her daughter's voice she wouldn't fully come awake until Dutiron's voice filled their den. More company, maybe another of song's curious children? Pushing herself into a seated position her dark gaze would fall upon the slim form of her eldest daughter. The delicate she wolf would sit before them, looking quite obviously troubled. She had certainly been waiting for a moment with her, but she could already see that this visit would hold more than just the three of them reuniting. "Hello daughter, what's brought you here?" her voice was rather soft, sure that the past was left where it belonged. Still she felt unsure how to act around the woman.?

Song

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
05-10-2014, 05:21 PM
Only a heartbeat after she called to them the deep voice of her father would resonate from within the den her parents shared. He would welcome her to its depths. Carefully she would enter, porcelain paws carrying her softly to the depths. Eyes that matched her father's would watch as Novel awoke, asking her of her intentions. It seemed she could hide nothing from the wolves who raise her. Even after years of being apart they would still see right through her. Sighing before she settled beside them her gaze would shift from each wolf. They knew not of her sickness or connection to those divine beings that so guided her. Would they accept her way of life and the trust she put into such beings? Taking a deep breath she would begin, "The gods have spoken to me. I've seen them in many dreams and visions, they had not spoken to me in many moons. However days before you arrived they took me, showing me a path I'm not sure how to take." she didn't want to pause for long, but she was still so uncertain of their decision. Was this truly what they wanted? Had she failed them somehow? "They wish the leadership of Ludicael to go to you." her ears would fall back as she allowed them such information. Would they accept? Was this the right course?

Dutiron i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Novella
05-10-2014, 05:35 PM

For a long time the Gods had been forgotten in their homelands, even Ahlon had never managed to keep them alive in their memories. Times had changed though and whilst many still weren't devout followers, the beliefs at least existed once more. Song it seemed had somehow found religion strongly beckoning her regardless of the lack of encouragement from her parents in such things though even Dutiron was slightly perplexed by her words.

The Gods had spoken to her? They wanted her to give up this pack that he assumed she had worked hard to earn, this after all wasn't Ahlon a pack that she had been a heir to since the moment she was born. Silently his gaze would fall to his mate, awaiting her thoughts on the matter as he continued to mull it over in his mind. The situation, so unexpected and surprising certainly needed more time to settle before he could come to a conclusion.

Novel i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
05-10-2014, 06:13 PM
Dark eyes would watch curiously as Song's disturbance shone through. Very obviously she would wear the distress upon her as pure white lips would allow them the readings behind her visit. Unexpected words falling from the oracles mouth, she would speak of forgotten gods and their words directed to her. Novel would find herself slightly questioning the woman's words as she finished with an offer of leadership once again. She was taken aback, realizing what she would offer them. She would see the stress that rested upon her shoulders, she knew how heavy the yoke of leadership was. Novel would see the need in the girl's eyes, how much older she looked now. "If this is what you wish, my daughter. And if Dutiron would agree." finding her mate's eyes she would question him. Novel was willing to do anything for the girl she birthed. Even taking back a crown.?

Song

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
05-10-2014, 08:45 PM

Dutiron would keep himself quiet, Song would wonder what it could be he was thinking, of course she had just dropped upon them a large bombshell. She didn't mean to so quickly put them on the spot, had it been entirely up to her she would have waited. Let Cherokee become integrated again, but deep down she knew that it must happen. She was growing weak, the stresses placed upon her shoulders had been too much. She thanked the gods for their strength because she could have never gotten through with out it. Losing Cherokee and having to perform Anthem's procedure would cause her to almost go over the edge. As she took in her short breaths her mother would allow her words to come, the relief beginning within her form. Would her father approve? Would he let himself believe her tale and so quickly take over a pack he had just come into?

"Speech" Think "You"

Dutiron i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Novella
05-11-2014, 03:04 AM

Novel wouldn't question the matter any further though, if it was what Song wanted then she would do it, pending of course his own thoughts on the matter. Gaze moved back to Song, and indeed it was fairly clear that she was weary. In all the excitement of seeing family again, of Song's welcome of them they'd failed to see the tell-tale signs. Were there other stresses in play or could it just be that leadership had been too much pressure for her, the example and expectations set by her strong-willed mother simply too high? He wouldn't blame Novel for it, at the time preparing her had seemed sensible after all.

Novel was right not to question any of these matters however. Instead she looked at the tiring form of their daughter who almost seemed to be pleading with them. That brief glimmer of relief after Novel's words and the tension returning as she awaited his own. Forcing away the thoughts and questions within his mind he gave a steady nod of his head. "If it is truly what you want."

Song

Loner

gems
size
-
build
player
Vail
05-11-2014, 06:12 PM
It almost felt wrong handing her position to her parents do quickly after their arrival. She felt as though she had failed the divine, that she couldn't be strong enough for them. Like Novel and Dutiron's time and effort of training her had been for nothing. She wished she could assure them that she was very much thankful for everything they did for her. Some of Novel's decisions had been poor but she knew she could have never gotten so far without their training. Her tongue was tied however, as she awaited her father's response. She could only guess what he was thinking, what her mother was thinking. She has not expected such a quick response from the monarch. Her head would bow respectfully in front of them, suddenly humbled at her father's words. So easily would they accept such a role, and all she had to do was ask them. She wouldn't realize the massive weight that had rested upon her shoulders until it would be transferred.?

Her head would suddenly become very light, and her paws would lose their grip upon the den's floor. Losing her vision to a cloud of white her form would slump, falling into Dutiron's paws. Consciousness leaving her.?

Dutiron i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Novella
05-12-2014, 01:02 AM

Dutiron had expected more words to follow after his own, perhaps some requests that things not change too much, or perhaps even simply explaining further why she'd asked this of them. There was not a single word that left her lips though and the next moments almost seemed to happen in slow motion, though with the man able to do nothing as he watched it all happen.

One moment she sat upright, looking no differently than when she'd walked in other than that relief she'd felt for this change over the next however she was losing her balance, falling over at his paws. Quickly he'd leap to his feet, gently nudging the unconscious form, hoping desperately she would awaken. "Song!" He spoke, though his usual soft tone had faded, given way to the increasing worry. Was something wrong with her? "Song, come on, wake up!" Not fully understanding what the problem was to begin with, all he knew was it wasn't normal for his daughter to suddenly collapse like that.

Novel i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
05-12-2014, 05:03 PM
She knew not how difficult life would be to her eldest daughter, though as relief swept through the woman's form Novel would realize. Song was under more stress than she had ever imagined, the girl would lose herself to her father's paws. "Oh my goodness Song!" she had little time to think of their sudden decision, only knowing her daughter had come into trouble. Her ears would fall to her skull as her husband worried over their daughter's form. What had caused this sudden collapse? And why would she not respond? Song would lay still, her senses dark as Novel nudged her. "What have you been through daughter?" shaking her head and nuzzling her daughter she would hope for a response, but the oracle would remain still. "Dutiron, what's happened with her?"

Dutiron i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Novella
05-12-2014, 05:42 PM

Dutiron was no fool, he knew simply speaking a wolf's name and telling them to wake up wouldn't disturb any who had lost conciousness though this was his daughter and in his worry for her, sense could vanish momentarily. However much he wished it would work and Song would lift her head, the girl remained still before him.

Novel would join in with his pleas, gently nudging the girl though nothing it seemed would awaken her back into conciousness it seemed. Sadly he would shake his head at Novel's question. He had no answers other than the clear fact that Novel would have likely worked out for herself. For whatever reason Song was unconscious and perhaps only she held the answers as to why this might be. They of course knew not of the severe illnesses that had gripped her in the past, nor of the stresses she'd had to deal with, the only answer he had was a pathetically obvious one. Something was not right.

Novel i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vail
05-13-2014, 08:08 AM
Im thinking Song doesn't wake up for at least the rest of the day/thread

Song would not stir, Novel's gentle nuzzle on her neck would produce no change to her daughter. Worried brown eyes would look over the girl, hoping there might be some external sign that would clue them in to the sudden reason of her unconsciousness. Dutiron would find the same conclusion as she. There was nothing either of them knew. With a defeated sigh the marked woman would shift her daughter, hoping to make the unconscious mother a bit more comfortable. What were they to do? She had to wake up and explain further their new roles. What were her wishes? If any? Most importantly though Novel craved to know her offspring would be well again. She would nuzzle lovingly the pure white fur again, gaze wandering to Dutiron. "What.. What should we do?" as lost as she had been when song first left she felt herself coming to rely completely on her mate. She hoped his brain was in better condition than hers. All the worry would turn it to mush.?

Dutiron i

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Novella
05-13-2014, 09:06 AM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2014, 09:07 AM by Dutiron i.)

There was still no further movement from Song, and Dutiron simply watched her form carefully, head lowering to check her breathing as Novel attempted to adjust the white girl's position slightly. The regular rhythm calmed him slightly, she was certainly still alive. His own head lifted once more, mismatched eyes falling back to Novel as her own gaze fell to him. He would lean to nuzzle her at the question, hoping to soothe her worries a little.

"We leave her to rest." Dutiron responded. There would be no way of knowing fully what was wrong until Song awoke, but there was no use getting themselves worked up. "She's breathing ok, she'll wake up in her own time. If you want some air I can watch over her." He certainly wasn't trying to get rid of her, though if Novel wanted a little space to calm herself he would understand and certainly encourage her to do so, he would be ok.