An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipAll Oozed OutThe Ooze - Variation 2By the skin of my teethOverachiever
Critical Block!The Ooze Participant1K
02-04-2022, 12:36 AM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2022, 11:10 PM by Grimshaw. Edited 2 times in total.)
Nights were rough without Malachai. He felt silly even thinking it, but even being back home he hardly felt the security he felt when he spent the night with the boy next door. Maybe Bowen was right. It explained the guilt he was feeling after leaving without telling him (even if he was mean first), the strange feelings he got when he crept into his thoughts, and just about everything else he couldn't otherwise explain. Between his inability to sleep tonight, his confusing thoughts, and the guilt that weighed heavy on his shoulders, Grimshaw found himself stumbling down the hall in an attempt to head back towards the room he was staying in. On his search for water he found something far different, bottled, and strong tasting. Despite his initial disgust, Grimshaw found himself finishing off the bottle and quickly seeking out another. He felt better, though strange. His vision blurred and changed as he walked, his paws tripping over themselves and occasionally he'd laugh, but mostly he'd curse.

While he thought he was headed towards his room, he instead pushed himself through a door and found himself on the front porch of the massive castle. The fresh summer air hit his face and he blinked to focus in the darkness of the night, only to give up and stumble around the porch some before plopping himself down at the head of the stairs, occasionally swigging from the bottle he'd found.

In the summer night his mind would be allowed to wander, but instead moved at immeasurable speeds towards the exact thoughts he wanted to avoid. His brows furrowed together as the reminder of his guilt washed over him. He took a final drink from the bottle, finishing it off in a few swallows and dropping it down the stairs, watching it roll down and pause on the grass somewhere below.

"Speech."
Grimshaw has a septum ring, a fluffy curled tail, and a horrible facial scar (hover)
that may not be reflected in his art!

please DM all tags to @betchasaurusrex

Artorias

"I will shield you from the darkness"

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Fleet-footed Fleet-footed

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
02-04-2022, 12:57 AM

Night was a time of solace and sanctuary for the young alpha of the Hallows. It allowed him time to be with his thoughts, to ruminate on his life and reflect on his day. Summer had been a time of change and transition for everyone, from the summer of their first year when they'd lost their mother and were forced to grow up, to the summer of his second year, finding himself as Aegis, welcoming his girlfriend into the pack and his life as his queen, saying goodbye to his mother and Ulric, and settling in to what he expected every day would be like from now on. It was a lot weighing on Artorias' mind, and it kept the wolf from sleep more than he cared to admit. While Briar slept peacefully in their bed after another thorough and fervent lovemaking session, Artorias stood on the balcony of the alpha's bedchambers, gazing up at the stars in the mild evening air.

Life had changed so much in such a short period of time, and yet the more it changed, the more things stayed the same. For the first time in gods knew how long, all of the Carpathius children were back in the family home. Daphne still hadn't regained her memories, and it concerned him as her brother. Grimshaw had come home for a visit, and though Art knew he would be returning to the Armada, he enjoyed having his brother back for the time. They'd all grown and matured so much since their tumultuous childhood and he found himself enjoying his brother's company. He hadn't been exaggerating when he left an open invitation to the other brute to come back home whenever his heart desired. The Hallows would always be open to a Carpathius.

While he gazed around at the stars in the heavens above, the shrill sound of glass hitting stone echoed around the outside of the castle, causing the azure brute's ears to prick up. Brow furrowing with curiosity, Artorias slipped out of his bedroom and made his way down the stairs to the first floor. He noticed the front doors open and immediately grew concerned, padding silently out onto the terrace and the gardens—only to see a very inebriated Grimshaw sitting at the top of the stone steps, gazing down at an empty bottle of wine in the grass. Artorias breathed a sigh of relief; he was just happy this wasn't another attempted invasion of his pack. Then he walked over to join Grim on the terrace.

"Nice night," he commented as he came up to his brother's side, offering him a gentle smile. He could already smell the distinct aroma of Hallowed wine coming from his adoptive sibling. "Y'know, it's pretty depressing to be drinking alone. If you're going to get drunk, at least let your brother get drunk with you too." With a roguish smirk on his face, Artorias sauntered over to a table on the terrace where a bottle of wine had been left partially drunk from when he'd had Sirius down not too long ago. Art popped the cork out of the top and took a long swig, then brought the bottle back over to pass to Grim while he sat next to the other dire. "What are we drinking to tonight, hmm?"

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Grimshaw

The Hallows
Vanguard

Master Fighter (290)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipAll Oozed OutThe Ooze - Variation 2By the skin of my teethOverachiever
02-04-2022, 01:18 AM
Although he wasn't being particularly quiet as he stumbled through the castle halls and outside, he hadn't expected to be loud enough to have been heard. When he heard a body push through the doors he hadn't closed, he slowly turned to meet the gaze of his brother and sighed, though out of relief it wasn't someone else. If it was Bowen, he wasn't sure he could take another 'talk' about himself and his feelings right now so he was pleased to see that it was Art and that he also didn't seem disappointed that he laid drinking at the doors to the castle.

He chuckled at his words, silver gaze following his brothers blurry blue form over to the bottle that he collected on a nearby table though couldn't find words to respond before he was being asked about the occasion and being offered the bottle. He wasn't exactly sure he wanted to unleash everything onto the brother, and so he smiled as he took the bottle and raised it slightly. "To you of course, and Briar." He brought the bottle back down to his lips then, hoping to drown his thoughts with a large swallow before passing it back to his brother with a hiccup.

"Speech."
Grimshaw has a septum ring, a fluffy curled tail, and a horrible facial scar (hover)

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
02-04-2022, 02:19 AM

Grimshaw dedicated his toast to him and to Briar, and Artorias responded with a bashful smile and scoff, shaking his head. "To Briar, definitely. She's amazing. I'm not certain I've done anything toast worthy. But thank you," he remarked, taking the bottle when Grim offered it back and downing another sip of the bittersweet red wine. He set the bottle down between them in neutral territory, allowing either brute to help themselves to it as they desired. For a moment, Artorias let the comfortable quiet of the night settle in around them, a chorus of Austerian nocturnal insects singing throughout the gardens. The nice thing about both he and Grim, they didn't mind being in silence and both didn't care for mincing words or small talk. It didn't feel awkward for him, nor did he feel a false pretense to try to make conversation for conversation's sake.

While they sat, Artorias glanced over to look at Grimshaw. The other wolf had put on a good bit of muscle, having bulked up in his time in the Armada. Truly the change of scenery had been exactly what Grim needed. "You're looking good, Grim. Healthy, I mean. The Armada's been treating you well," he said as he reached to take another sip of wine from the bottle before returning it to its place between them. "So do you want to tell me what's keeping you up, or do you just wanna keep drinking and forget about whatever it is?" he asked, looking to his brother at his side with a raised brow. He could tell something was bothering his brother, but he didn't want to come out and pry. If Grim felt like talking about whatever was on his mind, he would be here to listen. Otherwise Artorias was content to just share a drink with Grim so he wouldn't have to be alone.

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.

Grimshaw

The Hallows
Vanguard

Master Fighter (290)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

02-10-2022, 12:44 AM

Artorias went along with his words partly, agreeing that Briar had definitely earned the congratulations but struggling to see where he deserved it as well. To Grimshaw, it was as plain as day. While the Hallows hadn't been won in some great war, it was certainly a feat for such a young adult to manage a large and successful pack, even with those he had at his side. Grimshaw was sure that Tamsyn had played a good part in it all, though beyond that he was otherwise clueless. Although he tried not to let it bother him, Artorias had been more successful and deserved the congratulations. Art was the Aegis after all, and Grimshaw had been in the Armada for some time with little to show for it besides the muscle and minor scars he'd gained. "Please, you've done plenty!" He scoffed in return, pushing back even more thoughts he didn't want to trouble himself with. Instead, he grabbed the bottle of wine between them and downed another mouthful, sinking even deeper into the unfamiliar state.

His brother went on to compliment him on his health and Grimshaw shrugged it off, though acknowledged it bluntly. The alcohol was starting to loosen him up more, allowing him to speak before he really got to think about his words. "It's been alright." He shrugged, uninterested in talking about his time in the Armada. Just thinking about it made him frustrated, so he allowed himself to reach for the bottle again and downed another swallow to relax. When Artorias spoke again, Grimshaw slowly pulled the bottle from his lips as he remembered what exactly had brought him down here to begin with. His ears twisted around as he placed the bottle back down between them, silver gaze finding their focus on his paws out before him.

Although he wanted time to think about the question he had been asked, his mouth started moving before he wanted it to. "How did you know Briar was the one?" His voice changed, softer now and quiet though the deepest it's ever been. He couldn't force himself to look at Artorias and wait for a response, instead his silver eyes remained locked on his paws out before him as he fidgeted.

"Speech."

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

02-11-2022, 12:32 AM

Artorias didn't know what to make of Grimshaw's state. His brother was obviously getting drunk to forget something, or to alleviate the pain of something on his heart and mind. The scoff and retort from Grim drew a crooked smile from Artorias, who took his brother's praise with a simple, "Thank you." Sometimes it really didn't feel that way. Sometimes it still felt like he was just fumbling around in the dark, doing his best to not fail epically at the task left behind for him by their mother. Art had never had his mind set on leadership, never foresaw himself as Aegis. It hadn't been his goal or his ambition or his drive. It had always been something he'd just sort of grown into. And for all the success Grim saw in him, Artorias saw a number of flaws and failures. He wasn't self-deprecating by any means; he just struggled to see what others saw in him sometimes.

Grimshaw's apathetic response to Art's comment earned a curious quirk of a brow from the azure-furred brute, peering over at his brother from beside him. That hadn't been the response he'd expected. Grim had never been the most extroverted or gregarious wolf to begin with, but he thought that if his brother had truly been happy in the Armada, it might get more than just a few passive words. Grim made it blatantly clear that he did not wish to talk about this though, as he immediately followed up his terse sentence with a deep swig of wine. Artorias logged that away for future reference and then took a drink of his own, rich red ambrosia pouring over his tongue and down his gullet.

Then the dark-furred brute at his side spoke, his voice a much softer timbre now that took Artorias by surprise. His brother's question made the alpha hesitate, giving it deep thought while he pondered his answer. That was a complex and powerful question that raised so many more on his end. Artorias pursed his lips together, fiery amber eyes staring out ahead of them at the moonlit garden while he swirled the bottle of wine in his paw and mulled it over, arriving on the truthful response a moment after. "I knew when I saw what my life would be like without her." He punctuated his answer with a gulp of wine, passing the bottle back to Grimshaw while he explained further. "Briar had always been a point of stability in my life. When our mother got sick, she snuck down to see me and be with me. Everyone else was focused on Mom, but she was just as worried about me. She showed me in those little ways that she cared for me, that I was always on her mind. And then... one day, she just up and left me."

Artorias sighed and gazed up at the partly cloudy night sky, watching the stars twinkle about for a moment. "Briar didn't feel like she was worthy of me. She'd never told me about these feelings until it was too late, and by then I couldn't convince her otherwise or do anything to fix it. She just... decided she wasn't good enough and left me. After that day, I saw what my life would be like if she wasn't in it. I felt... empty. Colors weren't as vibrant. The sun wasn't as warm as it used to be. Everything felt... I dunno, lifeless, I guess? But really, it was because I'd lost my reason to feel alive." He didn't know if Grim had been aware of the turbulence his relationship had experienced. By then, his brother had left the Hallows, but had he joined the Armada by then? Art wasn't sure. "We eventually made up, obviously. As corny as it sounds, we talked and bore our hearts to one another. I understood her and she understood me. I vowed I'd never let her leave my life again after that day... because I'd seen what the alternative was like, and it wasn't living at all."

A rueful smile slowly spread over Artorias' lips and he chuckled under his breath, shaking his head to himself before turning to look at Grim, even if he wasn't looking back at him. "Sometimes you have to lose something to really make you appreciate how it affected your life." But now there was a lingering question in Artorias' mind, one he didn't know if Grimshaw would answer or not, but he had to sate his curiosity. "Why do you ask? Does my brother have a special someone he thinks is the one?"

One big happy family

Grimshaw

The Hallows
Vanguard

Master Fighter (290)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

02-11-2022, 02:07 AM
Artorias simply thanked him and so Grimshaw would remain quiet otherwise until his brother would go on to answer his question. It was a long answer, but he supposed a good answer would be and listened well to what he was being told. A single detail wasn't spared and Grim pieced together the parts he somewhat knew of to what he was being told. He hadn't spent much time with Briar when she was still in the Armada, either. When he mentioned their mothers illness, pain and guilt stung briefly but along with everything else he pushed it back and continued to listen. In the way that Briar cared for his brother, he could see that Malachai was doing the same thing although his self deprecating nature only allowed him to think that he was pushing his needs onto his friend despite whatever may be clear to anyone else, apparently Bowen. He wondered if Art would say the same things, confirming in duplicate what he felt inside but couldn't explain. As his brother would continue on, he kept listening though kept his gaze focused in front of him on the bottle that rolled down the steps prior.

Although as he continued to tell their story, Grimshaw couldn't help but understand Briar's side. For just deciding that she wasn't enough and forcing them apart. Is that not what he had just done? More or less, anyway, and the way he saw it. As Artorias spoke about how he felt in her absence, he wondered painfully if Malachai noticed that he was gone. There were nights he spent in the mans bed and nights he didn't, but now that a few nights had passed he could only hope that his presence was missed. Unfortunately, he wasn't allowed to hope highly.

Most of the rest of Artorias words had been lost, fading into his thoughts as he absorbed everything and tried to make sense of it all. The wine certainly hadn't made it any easier, though this conversation would've never happened without it. Part of him wanted to leave in that moment to go home, though part of him was equally scared. What if he was still mad at him? He couldn't say that he didn't at least enjoy his time visiting the Hallows, even if the familiar hallways were a little too familiar.

His heart started to race the moment the words came from his brothers lips, asking about a special someone. He wasn't sure if it was the thought of Malachai being a special someone or the general anxiety around a question that he didn't even understand the answer to yet. His jaw parted as if he were about to speak but at first nothing came out, unsure of what even to say. Bowen had sounded so certain when they talked, but even repeating those words were difficult for him now. What would he think anyway?

"It's probably nothing." He said after a long pause, the intrusive thoughts returning quickly. Malachai probably wasn't even gay. "You two better hurry up and make me an uncle, though!" He tried to change the subject, breaking his staring contest with the bottle to look over at his brother with a drunken smile, but clear pain in his eyes as if that would be convincing enough.

"Speech."

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

02-13-2022, 03:06 AM

One of the silver linings to living in a pack based upon healing wounds and growing up in a constant state of some kind of pain himself, Artorias had become very adept at recognizing when someone was hurting. As he told the story of his relationship with Briar to Grim, the alpha noticed the subtle shifts and changes in his brother's expression and eyes. Something was troubling his sibling and eating him up inside. But Art knew Grimshaw better than to know the proud wolf would just give it up willingly, intoxicated or otherwise. Sure enough, Grim opened his mouth—and then closed it again, opting to say nothing at all. Instead, he dismissed Art's concerns, then made a quip about Artorias and Briar hurrying up to make him an uncle. That got a genuine chortle from the Aegis, lips pulling into a wide grin. "Gods, you're gonna be my worst nightmare as an uncle," he remarked, moving to nudge Grim's shoulder playfully. "You're gonna be badass Uncle Grim from the Armada. My kids are gonna want to spend hours listening to you tell them stories of battle while you no doubt sneak them treats just because I said not to." The mental image warmed Artorias' heart and made him chuckle again to picture what the future could be. Their family, all together in the great hall, sitting around a feast while chatter and laughter abounded. Happiness. Peace. Simplicity.

But even thinking about the future family he and Briar would one day make (although at the rate Briar was going with him, it'd be sooner than later!), he didn't miss the deep pain in his brother's argent gaze. "Whatever this 'nothing' is, it's gotten to you pretty good if it has you sitting up in the middle of the night pounding down wine." Artorias cast Grim a sideways smirk. "You know I'm not just going to ignore my brother and let it go. Hell, I'm prepared to take you down to the cellar and drink as many bottles of wine with you as we need to make you feel better." It wasn't a bluff or a lie. Artorias had comforted a heartbroken Sirius here not too long ago in the same manner. He'd do the same for Grimshaw if he needed.

"So what's their name? The wolf that's got you drunkenly asking your brother about his love life? And more importantly, will I need to be setting them a place when Briar and I start planning wedding invites?" asked Artorias. He was careful to use the word "their". He didn't want to assume anything of Grim. Rudy was straight, he was mostly straight, Bowen was bisexual, and Avantika was gay. The Carpathians' sexuality was quite a spectrum, and Grim could have existed anywhere on that gamut.

One big happy family

Grimshaw

The Hallows
Vanguard

Master Fighter (290)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

02-13-2022, 04:42 AM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2022, 04:45 AM by Grimshaw. Edited 2 times in total.)
At first, Artorias' words had him chuckling in mock offense. He definitely could see how he might think that, though the reasoning behind it was a bit off. Without any battles, there wouldn't be any stories to tell. Not real ones anyway, and Grimshaw wasn't so sure he was good at fairytales. Would leaving the kids in Grim's watch alone for an amount of time be a good idea, however? Maybe. Would he die protecting them if something were to happen though? Absolutely.

He flashed a rare toothy smile to his brother, flashing his new sharpened teeth that often slipped his mind since the many events of The Long Night. "I am absolutely going to sneak them treats, and toys, and maybe even a few pets!" He started with a laugh, his mood changing only briefly for a bit. "But for the stories to be true, they'd have to happen first." His words ended in a smirk, his frustration with the Armada digging away at him silently since The Long Night. He'd spent a lot of his time picking up extra patrolling shifts and making sure the stores stayed full while others lacked from infection, yet even since the darkness and infections ended, the leaders remained silent. His work and effort hadn't been acknowledged or even noticed he figured, and so with everything else he had been feeling lately, frustrated was added to the list though often ignored in favor of his other, more damaging emotions.

Though Artorias was quick to respond to his attempt at dismissing the subject, Grimshaw released a heavy sigh as he realized he wouldn't be able to get past this. If it hadn't been for the wine, he wouldn't be here now. Reaching for the bottle again, he took a few swigs and set it back down between them while he listened. When he was asked their name however, Grimshaw almost coughed. Had he intentionally avoided assuming them to be female? He wasn't sure if it was coincidence or not, but as Artorias finished talking he would find his eyes searching for some kind of feeling when he studied his body. Bowen had told him he was gay, which meant being attracted to other men... not just one other man. Artorias wasn't his actual brother, so it hardly bothered him in his drunken state.  He'd never felt the feelings he'd felt before when he was around a woman, though he'd never felt them at all before either. Though, he'd be lying if he'd said he didn't find men attractive. Especially ones that rivaled his own size.

He had to peel his eyes away, becoming lost in thought at the realization that he was, in fact, gay. It wasn't just Malachai, if that was some kind of sexuality he wasn't aware of. "I don't know about a wedding invite, but... his name's Malachai." He started, leaving a slight pause as he tried to stop himself from allowing his eyes to search Artorias body again, the alcohol allowing him to be more comfortable and relaxed than he'd ever been. "I don't even know that he feels the same way." He swallowed, peeling his eyes away from Artorias again as he reached for the bottle.

"Speech."

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

02-13-2022, 05:21 PM

It warmed Artorias' heart to hear Grimshaw's laughter and see him smile, even if it was fleeting. His brother had been through a lot, and if he could give him even a few moments of peace and brighten his cloudy mood just a bit, he'd consider it a successful night. Their relationship might have had a rocky start as pups, but he considered Grim firmly within his family, and he loved the other young brute. He saw Grim's new sharper teeth in his grin, an intrigued look crossing his expression for a moment, but he wasn't given much time to inspect them before the mirth seemed stolen away by a thought. Artorias didn't know when Grimshaw's teeth had changed, but it made him think of the changes that had occurred in his own body, though his were much less noticeable than those of his adopted sibling. He was impressed by Grim's transformation into a rugged, muscular, dangerous warrior.

Grim's passing comment about the stories needing to be true didn't go unnoticed by the azure-furred wolf, especially not when that had been what had taken his brother's charming smile away from him. Artorias tilted his head in curiosity. Was the Armada not providing the experience Grim had been hoping for? It sounded like he was chomping at the bit to see some action—not that Art could blame him. He didn't know about the daily goings-on of the Armada, but at least in the Hallows, they'd gotten the chance to fight off a group of raiders and were still on an active manhunt for the psycho that skinned their mother. Perhaps Boreas had become more peaceful than he'd realized, where Auster seemed to be growing conflicts. Either way, Grim seemed... disillusioned with the life he was leading.

"You're always welcome to return home, temporarily or permanently. I don't know if we'll have what you're looking for more than the Armada, but we did just chase off some raiding pirates, and we're still hunting down a killer. I'd value your help, especially now that you're all..." He gestured with a paw around Grim's entire body, emphasizing his defined musculature and his new deadlier jaws. It was a simple offer, but hopefully one who's importance wouldn't be lost on the drunk Grimshaw. Art wanted his brother to be happy and fulfilled, wherever that took him. Maybe giving him the chance to be proactive in some more actionable ways would be good.

Then Grimshaw balked when Artorias asked for the name of their romantic interest, clearly caught off guard by something. The Aegis turned a curious sideways smirk to his brother, eyeing him with keen fiery eyes while he recovered. Artorias was tipsy, but not as drunk as Grim was yet, so he didn't miss the way the other dire's eyes roamed over him. It brought a strange sensation to the young brute—but not an unpleasant one. Strange perhaps because this was the wolf he'd thought of only as a brother for so long. But they weren't blood brothers. Perhaps that explained the curiosity Art felt when he looked back at his brother's own body, his size matching Artorias', but his muscles... Art was not skinny by any means, but Grimshaw was a beast compared to him! Broad, defined, the definition of masculine in all traditional senses. It sent an unfamiliar quiver through the young brute.

Artorias took a long swig of wine, slipping further from buzzed toward drunk with every swallow. Grim looked away abruptly—had he caught Art looking back at him?—and confessed the name of his crush. The smirk on Artorias' lips grew into a full grin while he reached over to rub Grim's shoulder. "Look at you go, Grim! Malachai's a lucky brute to have a wolf as fine as you chasing after him," he said with a proud laugh. There was a pause once Grim finished speaking where the other male seemed to struggle with something before admitting the problem. He didn't know if Malachai felt the same way. Artorias just gave a casual shrug and sipped some more wine before passing the bottle directly back to his companion. "Only one way to find out. Hell, I bet he takes one look at you and falls head over paws for you. I mean, look at you, Grim! We all had glow-ups, but damn you got big and... and buff! And you've always been intensely passionate in everything. How could he not feel the same?"

With the help of the wine, Artorias had entered the honesty phase of his drunkenness. It was no secret that all of the Carpathian kids had grown up to be attractive wolves—save for maybe Rudy, but there were exceptions to every rule—but Grimshaw had possibly the most profound change as he grew from a chubby puppy into a veritable Spartan warrior.

One big happy family

Grimshaw

The Hallows
Vanguard

Master Fighter (290)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

02-13-2022, 06:43 PM
Artorias offer had certainly not fallen on deaf ears and the idea to return home, although just an inkling before, had now grown. He couldn't lie and say that he didn't enjoy his time in the Armada, because he certainly wouldn't be where he's at today if he hadn't agreed to join. Honestly, he probably wouldn't be here at all if it wasn't for Sirius. But unfortunately, since Sirius had accepted him into the Armada, he hadn't seen much of him. Even Azure was scarce and hard to find, though he couldn't say they weren't around. He'd spent some time with them, but over the past few seasons he'd spent with the Armada, he'd expected some more involvement from the Warlord at least.

He laughed as his brother trailed off his words, motioning to how muscular he'd gotten since he'd left the Hallows. If they had just fought of some raiding pirates, that sounded a lot more fun that searching for training partners that he hadn't already fought with time and time again. Even the dummies were getting pointless now. He wanted a real battle, a real job. He wasn't feeling fulfilled in the Armada, but he couldn't thank them enough either. It was bittersweet, really, but he worried the Armada wouldn't be enough for him but instead just a stepping stone onto greater things. Artorias offer would certainly be considered. "It's an offer I'll greatly consider. The Armada has done so much for me in some ways, the structure maybe, but nothing happens around there." He shrugged, trailing off some. He wondered what moving back to the Hallows would be like, even, if Sirius would let him. Would Malachai want to move or would he be left without him should he make the decision on his own? He didn't want to think about it right now.

He had in fact missed Artorias own citrine eyes scanning over his body, but he certainly did miss being noticed for looking himself. Artorias was lighter than him, but only by so much as Grim's muscle tone was even more than he liked it being. He wanted to become a little leaner, though all the time he'd spent hunting and patrolling and even sparring others had left him with more muscle and bulk than he knew what to do with. When he'd abruptly looked away from the man, it was from the thoughts starting to tickle his brain and the strange feeling in his chest and stomach that he felt in the early mornings with Malachai. Thankfully Artorias was quick to respond to his confession, with far more excitement than he'd even come close to expecting from him.

He went on but he didn't know the whole story. Grimshaw was hesitant to say anything about it, knowing what it would sound like at this rathe, but reached for the bottle of wine and took another large swig anyway after a chuckle in response to his brothers words. "It's a long story really. During the Long Night, we kept running into each other. One night I was at the hot springs and a crystal was at the bottom. When I went to go check it out...." He paused, his heart racing as he admitted the story to Artorias. The alcohol was only helping the words come out, but not the anxiety behind the trauma itself. Verbalizing the event was still hard, even if the alcohol numbed his pain otherwise.

"-something felt like it was holding me down, trying to drown me. I couldn't get back to the surface. I started to take in water, but Malachai was there to save me. Ever since then, I cant sleep without him. The nightmares are terrible, partly why I'm out here instead of sleeping. He snapped at me before I left." His ears shot back as he finished abruptly, his drunken voice slurring over many of his words but getting the point across regardless. As his racing heart would slow after getting it all off of his chest, he reached for the bottle again and took another swig. His eyes found themselves back on Artorias as he took his drink, roaming and wandering over his body as the feelings he could only equate to being gay returned.

Setting the bottle back down between them with somewhat of a slam, Grimshaw cleared his throat and forced his eyes back to his brothers face. "Enough of this sappy shit, when was the last time we sparred?" He flashed his brother another toothy grin, this time rising on drunken paws and challenging his brother to a friendly fight.

"Speech."

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

02-13-2022, 07:30 PM

Artorias was greatly pleased that Grim would at least consider his offer. Even if his brother didn't take him up on it, he wanted the other Carpathian to know he had an out if he needed it, a lifeline he could tug on and Art would be there to help him. Art had always been protective of his loved ones, a trait that had only grown stronger as he aged. These moments were the ones he cherished, the interludes of naturalness with his family that they never had as pups. Somehow, that made them all the more special now. Artorias had a rekindled respect and love for his family, and even though they'd had their differences as children, he found he enjoyed Grimshaw's company as an adult very much. "Now don't get me wrong, we're not constantly under attack, but at the very least, I'd see you in the Vanguard. Responsible for our frontlines, keeping the Knights trained and on their toes, heading security for the pack and our diplomats." He didn't know how much of that would appeal to Grimshaw, but one thing he could promise him was that his brother would not be running meager patrols all the time.

Grimshaw then began to explain how he had developed these feelings for Malachai. It was a touching and emotional story, one that Artorias could understand well. Grim had suffered a terrible trauma and nearly lost his life during the Long Night. Artorias himself had wound up blinded and mad, afraid of the dark—a fear he was still working on shaking, hence all the sconces and candles lit around the castle. Art listened patiently while Grim spilled his heart forth, giving a subtle nod of understanding once his brother's words abruptly cut off. He wanted to comfort him somehow. Maybe if he shared his experience during the Long Night... But Grim cut him short before he could, grinning and showing off all those razor sharp teeth again as he requested they move on from the sappy shit and have a spar. Artorias grinned back, shooting his own pearly smile back at his brother. "Y'know, I don't think we've ever sparred. We need to fix that." There would be time to share his experiences with the horrific night later, just so Grim would know he wasn't alone.

Artorias rose to his paws, albeit wobbling some as he did, and gave his coat a tousle, stretching out his taut muscles to prepare for a fight. He'd never seen Grim's style of combat before, so he had no idea what to expect, but he was eager and excited to get to tussle with the bulkier dire brute. "Hang on, gotta make this fair," Artorias said, snatching up the wine bottle and downing another long drink before tossing the now empty bottle aside. If Grim was fighting drunk, he was going to make damn sure he was catching up to him! With that warm, pleasant buzz spreading throughout his body and making him feel loose and limber, the Aegis was ready to go!

"Not up here though." Artorias slowly stumbled his way down the couple of steps to the grassy gardens, swaying gently with every step he took, his paws weaving about on the soft grasses and trampling a few flowers in the process. "Down here. I don't wanna hurt you if I throw you around." He shot a grin back up at Grim from over his shoulder, beckoning him down with a flick of his head. He took his position and turned to face off with Grim whenever his brother had chosen his ready spot, rolling his shoulders and squaring off his paws while he assumed his battle stance. "Ready to show me what the Armada taught you, hotshot?"

One big happy family

Grimshaw

The Hallows
Vanguard

Master Fighter (290)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

02-13-2022, 07:56 PM
Artorias would go on to say where he would place him amongst the ranks. It was assuring to know that he found find himself higher in the ranks here than the Armada, as he hadn't received any kind of promotion there, so it was definitely something he wanted to keep in mind if his path continued on the way it was going. If the Armada would continue to remain stagnant, then Grimshaw wouldn't have much other choice than to approach the Warlord himself about it. At least he knew there would be another place for him should things fall through with the Armada, whether they also fell through with Malachai or not would be a different challenge he didn't want to think about still.

He was quick to accept his offer on the spar and Grimshaw could agree that they hadn't sparred before, or if if they had he certainly didn't remember it. They must have been young if they ever had, but his drunken mind wasn't held up on the subject. As both of their legs wobbled, Grimshaw laughed as Artorias took the bottle for another long swig. Grimshaw had been drinking far longer into the night than Artorias, though he commended him for his efforts. He muttered some sort of agreement as he stumbled down the stairs and following the blue furred boy to the gardens, getting lost in the sway of his hips as they walked. When he joked about throwing him around, Grimshaw's insides twitched in excitement as a smirk creased across his dark face.

His drunken walk finally allowed him to post up across from his slightly leaner brother and he balanced himself the best he could on wobbly knees. He was invited to make the first move and so Grimshaw obliged, charging towards the man with his entire weight and strength focused into his shoulders as he sought to ram skull into his brothers chest. His steps were sloppy however and he stumbled shortly before closing the distance. He was quick to regain himself for a drunk man though, his unsteady legs collecting themselves and allowing him to continue his charge although with far more time for Artorias to react than he had hoped for.

"Speech."

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

02-13-2022, 08:20 PM

The smirk that crossed Grimshaw's face was seen by Artorias, but its secret meaning not known by the young brute, mistaking it solely for the enthusiasm for their spar. Grim didn't say anything while he took up position across from him, not giving in to the playful taunting Art sent his way. Always the cool and level-headed brother he knew! When his dark-furred brother began the fight with a lumbering charge towards him, Artorias tensed and prepared to react, a grin of anticipation spreading across his face. He imagined Grim would have been faster had he not been so intoxicated, but even drunk, he was still a dangerous opponent. Artorias tried to time his movements, used to using his lighter form and innate agility to maneuver around his opponents, especially larger ones like Grim. But between his own inebriation and Grim's unsteady out-of-time steps, that became difficult. Art waited until Grim was almost upon him, and then he deftly stepped to the side, avoiding Grim's charge while nearly losing his footing in the process.

Artorias exclaimed while he tried to recover, rounding about on his broader brother and lunging for him. He knew he likely wouldn't be able to overpower Grimshaw in a straightforward grapple, so he instead aimed to grab Grim by the scruff with his strong jaws and around the neck with his forelegs, then he would pull while throwing his weight backwards in an attempt to yank the dark brute off of his paws. With any luck, the wine-drunk wolf wouldn't be able to hold his ground very well, otherwise it would likely end up with Artorias just hanging off his brother's neck from the side in an awkward position, dangling upright with his belly exposed.

One big happy family

Grimshaw

The Hallows
Vanguard

Master Fighter (290)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

02-13-2022, 10:24 PM
Artorias was smart to avoid a lumbering fool, though it wouldn't have been too difficult. His opponent had dodged his head on attack, but moved perpendicular to him to attack from above and behind. Grimshaw was slow to respond, feeling the teeth grabbing his scruff and his arms wrapping around his neck. Before he knew it, Art was throwing his weight backwards in an attempt to flip Grim backwards and off of his feet. This whole action had taken Grim by surprise as he was lifted and his feet slipped out from underneath him on the soft grass.

His heavy weight however would be much useful here, so he did his best to pivot and turn himself during the fall. The teeth in his scruff scraping across his skin as he moved cause him little distress, only focusing his inebriated mind. His weight would come crashing down onto his brother, forcing the wind from his chest with a huff as he began to laugh at their clumsiness. Whether Art had intended for Grimshaw to fall back onto him or not, the action itself was hilarious to drunk Grim. As he tried to right himself, he placed his massive paws on either side of Artorias' head and stood over him, smirking as his breathing caught up with him while his laugh faded.  "Pinned ya."

"Speech."

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

02-13-2022, 10:53 PM

The world began to shift suddenly as soon as Artorias managed to land his grapple on Grim. His fangs found his brother's scruff and held him tight, forelegs wound tight around his neck while he pulled Grimshaw off his paws, sending both brutes toppling over in their drunken stupor to the ground. Art gave a muffled shout of surprise as the next thing he knew he was on his back on the ground with the weight of his muscular brother collapsing on top of him, forcing him to let go of his hold. All at once, all he could focus on was how he was pinned, Grim's scent in his nose with his muzzle buried in his scruff and his fur in his paws while he tried to scrabble to get out from under him. Grim was laughing and as Art squirmed beneath him, he couldn't help but laugh as well at how silly their spar had been. Neither wolf had managed more than one move before collapsing into a heap together in the gardens.

Grim rose and Art took in a deep breath as his lungs were freed once more, his vision swimming a bit from the alcohol and the sudden loss of equilibrium. When his eyes began to focus again, he saw Grimshaw standing perfectly over him, massive paws on either side of his head, keeping him held to the ground. Both wolves were breathing heavier, and Art could smell the wine hanging on his brother's breath while he declared his victory. Artorias looked up into Grim's silver eyes, a crooked grin on his face while citrine eyes gleamed with playfulness and he looked down over the way Grim had his stronger, bulkier body pinning him square to the grass. "Yeah you did," replied Art between heavy breaths, eyes making their way back up to Grim's face while he reached a paw up to press to the other brute's broad chest, paw pads flexing gingerly over the planes of his muscles. "Fuck, you got me good. Congrats, Grim." A mischievous spark in those fire-kissed eyes flared as he added, "You gonna let me up or are you gonna keep me held under you all night?"

One big happy family

Grimshaw

The Hallows
Vanguard

Master Fighter (290)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

02-13-2022, 11:09 PM
As he positioned himself over Artorias, he couldn't help but let his eyes wander over him. He was vulnerable and at the mercy of his heavier brother this way, a leverage that Grim wasn't exactly used to having and perhaps even liked a bit in this moment. His smirk lingered as his eyes trailed their way up the arm that pressed a paw into his chest, offering adverse pressure to keep distance between them. It grounded him as he felt the claws pressing into his flesh, enough that he was aware but not even pricking his skin. He allowed his weight to settle with the pressure of Art's paw, refusing to budge just yet.

His mercurial eyes, burning with a flame unseen before, eventually found their way back to Art's face. Smirk still intact, he braced himself despite his wobbly legs and drunken state. "Make me." He almost purred, his voice deep and dark, challenging his brother to make him move.

"Speech."

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

02-13-2022, 11:38 PM

The ways Grimshaw was looking at him was not unfamiliar to the obsidian and azure-furred brute. Nor was the hot coil tightening inside his his belly while he gazed up at the heated look he saw Grim staring down at him with. Those argent eyes looked almost predatory in his brother's face, like Grim could devour him at a moment's notice. It sent a delighted thrill running down Artorias' spine. What he wasn't used to were these familiar feelings being directed toward another brute. It unnerved him more than a bit, but perhaps he was emboldened by the wine clouding his higher thinking and Grim's confession of his own sexuality. Artorias had been harboring his clandestine feelings for some time, since he'd met with Chimera all those seasons ago, keeping them hidden away and out of mind. When he was sober, it was easy enough to ignore or pretend they weren't on his mind. But here, drunk and pinned beneath Grimshaw's impressive body that surrounded him in ways that made him quiver, there was no ignoring it.

Grim pressed his weight down firmer into his paw, and Artorias locked his own smoldering gaze with his brother's, fiery eyes flaring to life with roguish competitiveness. Grimshaw challenged him, his husky voice practically purring and inviting him to make a move. Never one to back down, Artorias gave in and did as Grim dared him to. He slowly slid his blue paw up over Grim's chest, letting those sharp claws tease and comb through his fur and run ever so slowly up the side of the other brute's neck until he'd caught his brother's chin in his grasp. "What if I don't want to?" This time, Artorias did purr his words in rumbling baritones while he guided Grim's muzzle down to his own and placed a teasing lick to the end of his snout, just over his lower lip. Then, before Artorias could change his mind, he took the plunge and lifted his head to connect his lips to Grimshaw's, kissing him slowly at first while he tested the waters, experimenting with just a gentle brush and then soft pressure until their muzzles had fully met.

One big happy family

Grimshaw

The Hallows
Vanguard

Master Fighter (290)

Master Hunter (245)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Skelle

02-14-2022, 12:18 AM
Standing over Artorias like this, the Aegis of the Hallows beneath him, it gave him a rush; a feeling of power and control that he didn't know he'd like. A hunger burned inside of him deep within his belly as his eyes ravaged his brothers body from an angle he'd never expect to see him from. The paw centered on his chest was grounding and almost sobering to the man but as his eyes locked with Artorias' fiery gaze, he was drunk in a different fashion. His knees almost buckled as Artorias would begin to move his paw up his chest, feeling his claws gently scrape across his flesh. His smirk faded as he shivered and repressed a moan at the feeling as his claws traced up his neck and along his jaw until his chin was grasped. He stared drunkenly into his eyes through the process, soaking in his words as his teased back at his challenge, surprising Grim.

His chin was being pulled closer and he didn't stop it, but the teasing lick across his muzzle had forced a displeased growl from his chest. Not because he didn't welcome the affection, he just didn't appreciate the tease. He wasn't allowed much time to correct Artorias mistake as the man had lifted his head slightly enough to press their lips together, slowly at first but Grimshaw quickened the pace and deepened the kiss as a paw moved to find Artorias jaw. Allowing his claws to catch on the mans jawline, he trailed them down the mans throat and chest slowly while the pit in his stomach burned deeper and hotter than ever before.

"Speech."

Artorias

The Hallows
Lord of Cinder

Master Fighter (877)

Master Navigator (1030)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

02-14-2022, 12:50 AM

The sounds he was able to draw out of Grimshaw sent a delighted thrill racing down Artorias' spine, evolving into a heat that settled deep in his core and between his thighs. The surprise on the other man's face, the way he growled with frustration only to have that sound silenced when their lips met made Artorias feel powerful in a different sort of way. While Grim was reveling in his dominance over the alpha, Art was savoring all the ways he could make his brother react with such simple actions. He didn't know if Grim had ever actually don't anything with another brute before, but he certainly hadn't! How much different could it be from lying with a woman though? Running off of what he knew and his own drunken instincts seemed to be working so far.

Then it was Grimshaw's turn to catch him by surprise when he deepened their kiss, drawing a subtle groan from Artorias as their mouths crushed together with heated need. Amber eyes slowly slid closed as his paw moved from Grim's chin to slide around the back of the other brute's neck, grabbing at his scruff while he slid his tongue into the dark brute's maw, tasting Grimshaw's mouth while giving himself fully to the urges and surrendering to Grim's dominant insistence. The sensation of Grim's sharp claws against the tender skin beneath his chin made the brute tremble with lecherous need, his tail whipping about in eager wags while those same claws ran a smooth path down his vulnerable throat to his chest.

Artorias had never felt like this before and it was stirring something deep inside him. He'd never had someone make him submit like this, his racing heart pounding at his chest while a second paw reached up to press against Grim's chest, no longer forcing space between them, but instead bunching his fur up between his toes while he clung to the other man's chest. He wanted more. More contact with Grim. More of their bodies pressed together. More of the sensations and feelings he was awakening within him. More heat and fire and paws and claws. More Grimshaw.

One big happy family