ardent

There's no plan, there's no kingdom to come.

Etoile

Loner

Beginner Healer (0)

Beginner Intellectual (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Fig
02-08-2022, 11:24 PM

"Noelie, isn't this just wonderful?"  The young fae gasped, stars in her eyes as she took in the sight of the festival.  The pair just so happened to stumble upon this place completely by accident, though just because it wasn't an intentional decision didn't mean that they didn't want to stay now that they've arrived.  Noelie and Etoile had been travelling together for the better half of three weeks and hadn't been fortunate enough to come across very many other wolves.  Her cousin was good company to have on a journey like this, and in fact she couldn't think of a single other wolf she would rather leave home with, but sometimes the soul craved someone new to conversate with.  A festival like this seemed to be the perfect place for just that.

"What do you think they're celebrating?"

"Talk" 'Think'

AAAAASDFSADFSDASD-LITERALLY-LOVE

Noëlie

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Salt
02-09-2022, 04:42 PM
The festival was wonderous, from the sights and smells, to the strange wolves that seemed to be attending, it was far beyond anything the Soleil could imagine. There was so much to look at that Noelie wasn't even sure where to start. "I can't believe what I'm seeing." Coydogs had set up booths, some serving food, some ushering wolves forward to try their luck with game, and she had her eye on a particularly interesting game...

"I have no idea, but I'm down for whatever it is." Unless this was like.. some weird beheading party.. in which case she'd be less inclined to attend.

Etoile

Loner

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Fig
02-09-2022, 06:25 PM

Etoile's pace began to slow ever-so-slightly as she glanced around.  "You don't think it's a wedding, do you?"  After examining things just a little bit closer it became apparent that there were more than just a few handfuls of love themed decorations strewn about.  What if they'd just unintentionally crashed someone's big day?  Though if that truly were the case then this was perhaps the weirdest wedding the Soleil had ever seen.  How would they get out of trouble if someone confronted them?  Distant cousins twice removed?  These people didn't look related.  Was it just a love themed carnival?  "Do you think this is like a speed-dating event?"

"Talk" 'Think'

Noëlie

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Salt
02-09-2022, 06:56 PM
Noelie considered her cousin's question as she scanned their surroundings, taking note of the decorations, but ultimately deciding that it didn't feel quite.. right. "I don't think so. I mean.. if it is then this isn't a great night to hold one." She said, her nose tilting up to the partly cloudy sky. Weddings didn't necessarily require clear skies, but surely there weren't enough stars in sight for a wedding? "Unless these wolves just don't care." Which was definitely a possibility.

Etoile's next suggestion was much more interesting. "Oh, that sounds fun. I hope so." Not that she was by any means looking, but the promise of meeting a couple of strangers was always a good one. "Come on, let's find out." She said, moving further into the fray. If it was a wedding or a speed dating event then surely there would be a group of wolves for them to join somewhere.

Etoile

Loner

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Fig
02-09-2022, 10:43 PM

Etoile frowned and supposed her cousin was right after looking up to examine the sky.  There were just a few too many clouds lingering up there.  It'd be common courtesy to let all of the ancestors see the event while it took place, not just most.  Her frown deepened further as Noëlie's excitement grew. "Wait!" She called to her kin before the girl could make it too far. "I-I didn't prepare for anything like a dating event.  What if I look gross today?" man, this went from fun to kind of nerve racking.  What if the Soleil accidentally met the love of her life here tonight?  She wasn't ready to settle down, she just left home!

"Talk" 'Think'

Noëlie

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Salt
03-04-2022, 04:21 PM
Noelie stopped at her cousin's plea and turned to face her, holding back an impatient grumble. "What are you talking about? You look fine!" The fae spouted, but then, with a more critical eye the Soliel inspected Etoile's coat, noting that, yeah, there were a few hairs out of place. "Here, let me.." She said, closing the distance before giving her paw a lick and attempting to pat down a particularly unruly looking patch of starry fur. "Other than that, though, you look fine. What about me? Any mud anywhere?" She questioned, doing a quick turn as she waited for the final verdict.

Etoile

Loner

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Fig
03-04-2022, 04:34 PM

Etoile stood still as her cousin corrected whatever it was that had been wrong with her fur, flustered with how this evening was now turning out. "Hmm.." she stopped to examine the fae as she asked how her coat was fairing.  "I don't think I see anything."  Man, this was the worst.  The Soleil girl wasn't even 100 percent sure how her nerves had gotten this messed up.  Wouldn't it ultimately be a good thing if she somehow managed to meet someone here?  They could travel together, they didn't have to settle down immediately.

"Why don't you go in without me for now and we'll catch up later?"  That would be fine, right?  It wasn't like Noelie needed Etoile to be there, the girl was an extremely social creature.  She'd do just fine without a wingman. "I think I'm going to play some games before I mingle."

"Talk" 'Think'