gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Acacia
03-13-2022, 09:55 PM

Running towards nocturnal, Pitch spent a great deal of time roaming the world while others were asleep. The woman did her best thinking at night when the world was in quiet slumber. Tonight was no different. The willows were quiet aside from the gentle whispering of wind through the long hanging branches. Periodically, a night bird would call out, but even they did so softly, as though not to disturb the quiet overly.

Pitch moved along, following one of the many little streams. There was no sense of urgency in the midnight fae. She simply soaked up the world around her with little care to anything else. This place was middle ground between two packs. She'd scented both of their borders, learning what she could while walking in this mid-land. The muddled scents proved that many wolves from both pack frequented this place. Lack of wolves and definitive markings made this place free game and so the dark woman continued her exploration.

Following the stream, the gold flecked fae came upon a tree that was split asunder, perhaps struck by lightning long ago. Resilient, the tree didn't die. Instead, it's fallen half grew out over one of the larger streams. Altering her course, the obsidian dame padded up the overhanging tree, sliding down to lay on her belly, one foreleg hanging downward so that blackened toes brushed the top of the water, leaving little trailing ripples that the stream quickly washed away.

"Pitch"

Eligos

Loner

Advanced Fighter (85)

Intermediate Intellectual (30)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Halloween 2020 - Witches Hut1KValentines 2020Trick 2019
03-21-2022, 06:08 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2022, 11:53 PM by Eligos. Edited 4 times in total.)
Making his way along the gap by Armada's border, staying far enough from it and wading a stream to avoid drawing the attention of any patrols for he had no particular wish to interact with them today, he found himself passing a fallen tree, and nearly missed the wolf laying upon it until he had nearly walked into her dangling paw. He stopped abruptly before he could and studied her with eyes narrowed curiously. She resembled him to a startling degree - markings more defined, less mottled than his own Abraxas-lineage gave to him, but closely enough that the resemblance was intriguing. "Good evening," he offered in quiet greeting to the stranger.

Valtiel

Loner

Intermediate Fighter (30)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Acacia
03-21-2022, 08:18 PM

The sound of the brute's footfalls brought obsidian ears swiveling. When he walked beneath her perch, Pitch drew her dangling paw upwards, tucking it against her chest like a cat. The pair took a moment to look at one another. His russet eyes met her two toned pumpkin and gold orbs and she couldn't help the soft smile that pulled at her maw. Both of them were dark with flaring gold here and there. It was an interesting coincidence that Pitch couldn't deny.

Gentle tones greeted her and Pitch dipped her elegant crown. "It is quite a good evening," she agreed in smooth, accented tones. Finding it rude to be resting above the man, Pitch stood upon the wide tree and slid to the ground, leaving a healthy distance between the two of them. The fae gave her head a slight tilt, turning the golden side of her face a little higher. "Would you care for a fish?" She'd seen a few substantial fish while laying above the stream. It would be easy to lure them to the surface and scoop them out. The fae's gaze was hopeful. It was always nicer to dine with someone than alone.

"Pitch"

Eligos

Loner

Advanced Fighter (85)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Halloween 2020 - Witches Hut1KValentines 2020Trick 2019
04-05-2022, 12:03 AM
Eligos watched as the woman made her way down to join him on the ground. Then he blinked, unaccountably taken aback at being offered a fish by a stranger. "Ah... I'd be delighted," he answered. "I am not a skilled fisher, so is a rare dish for me." He observed her a moment before adding, to be polite, "My name is Eligos. Might I enquire what to call you, since you have been so kind as to offer?" The encounter had taken on something of a surreal quality for him, coupled with the strange feeling of looking at himself - though they were by no means mirror images, Eligos actively looked at himself rarely enough that he had only faint recollections of his own appearance to go by, so the resemblance of their coloration was enough to be uncanny to him, and lent an air of mystery to the night.

Valtiel

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Acacia
04-05-2022, 05:05 AM

The surprise on the brutes face was met with a faint smile. She was a kind creature at times and others often didn't expect such generosity. She could understand that. He soon agreed to a fish and Pitch made a small, pleased sound in her throat before moving towards the stream. Seating herself at the edge, the woman gently slid one dark paw into the water, giving her toes a little wiggle. All she had to do was wait. In the meantime, the large man gave his name, asking for her own in turn. "Good to meet you, Eligos," gold and pumpkin eyes flashed towards him for a moment before focusing on her task once more. "Pitch," she answered in turn. "My father was a very clever man," the fae joked softly, good humor on her slender maw. "Where I come from it is the father's duty to name his children, so he named me and my four siblings," she explained.

Within the water, the dark shadows of fish began to form closer to the surface. She continued to hold her paw within, still, though periodically shifting her digits ever so slowly. "This place seems to be full of wolves. I imagine there is a lot of traffic between the two packs." Fairly observant, she'd noted the borders on either side of the place. "Are you from either of them?" Somewhat new to this land, Pitch wasn't yet familiar with the packs, one of which she imagined she would eventually choose to join.

"Pitch"

Eligos

Loner

Advanced Fighter (85)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

04-18-2022, 03:15 PM
She joked about her name, implying the lack of creativity in naming a black pup "Pitch". He grunted softly when she spoke about her father having had the right by their traditions to name pups. He thought maybe his own father might have had a hand in naming them - his name in particular was a traditional sort for their family, and his brothers' ran along similar lines. He wished he could have had the opportunity to ask him questions like that now. He dragged his attention from his melancholy thoughts, and his gaze from watching her paw in the water, thinking he missed something in his reverie. "Two packs?" he asked. "Ah... you mean Armada? No, no I don't belong to that pack. I am alpha of a pack much further west, well on the other side of Armada, named Aerie." He wasn't sure which other pack she meant, but tactfully gave his own pack in answer rather than mention that. "I imagine this land is likely to get a lot of traffic from Armada, with it being so near, and them such a large pack for the amount of territory they hold. It seems likely it is somewhat overcrowded and well hunted by this time." It made him think, again, of his own pack dwindling death by death. They were small for their own territories, even with the one a ravine, and growing smaller. His own death would reduce their numbers yet again... but it couldn't be stopped, merely postponed. Maybe Pyrrhic, or Deus most likely, would be able to bring Aerie back after he was gone.

Valtiel

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Acacia
04-24-2022, 04:38 PM

"Armada," she repeated, filing the name away as well as the other information that Eligos supplied. It appeared that she was in the presence of an alpha as the man admitted to ruling a nearby pack. He was a little far from home, but she made no mention of it. Where the man went was his business. She would remember the name of his pack as well and wondered if she might be permitted to visit this Aerie some day.

Pitch listened as Eligos spoke of the traffic in this area due to Armada being such a large pack. The gold marked fae nodded as she listened, her dual toned gaze still locked upon the water. As expected, once the smaller fish gave her paw their attention, the commotion drew larger fish up to the surface. A rather large fish swam up, positioning itself right where Pitch wanted it. Swiping her paw quickly back towards her, the woman's paws and claws lifted the fish from the water and sent it flopping about on the bank. Rising from her place, Pitch moved to the fish and grabbed it between her jaws, placing a bite to the back of the skull, killing it.

The fish was placed before Eligos and the obsidian wolf moved back to the waters edge, though in a different location where she placed her paw back into the water. "I'm relatively new to these lands," she admitted softly so as not to spook the fish. "It's my intent to visit each pack to learn about them before I decide the best fit for myself. What is your Aerie all about?" One brow arched and she spared the big brute a glance before looking back to the slowly accumulating fish in the water.

"Pitch"