size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Wordy
03-18-2022, 07:21 PM

Reila had some time to think of her place in the pack, and it wasn't really an easy decision for her. There was a part of her that thought staying here would bring harm to the pack. Atlas wouldn't have gone looking for her, she didn't think at least. But if they stumbled upon her while she was outside of the pack or if they had visited the island, that was a different story.

She didn't really know if there was a place for her, here or anywhere. But only from what Chimera had mentioned about his queens being from a similar background did it make her feel like there was some sort of understanding from him or others around her even if she hadn't extended herself to those of the pack. Not knowing if she was staying, she kept to herself.

She had hunted occasionally, but her leg still wasn't a hundred percent. It probably never would be. She had just gotten used to her other old injuries and things like that. The feeling would just turn ghostly over time. In the later evening, she left the bungalow where she was staying and headed out towards the beaches of the island. She tried to scent for Chimera at first, but decided it would be easier to call for him rather than chase him all around the island or the dam. So she did, taking a seat in the sands before the sun set and waiting for him to arrive if he chose to.

"Reila"

Chimera

Elysium
Warrior

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Cooperative Cooperative

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Res

The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Haunted House
03-18-2022, 07:32 PM

As the call met the man's ears, he'd been settling down beside Aliana. Curiosity pulled at the big brute and he peeled himself from his queen's side. Chimera moved out onto the long stretch of back beach at a leisurely pace. There had been no urgency in the call, after all. The sun was setting, thankfully. Its bright light would soon allow him to do more than squint.

A spot on the beach gradually became larger as he moved towards it. Reila sat there in the sand. What did she want, he wondered? Was she finally going to tell him that she had decided to leave? He'd been feeling as though she was leaning towards leaving and he kind of didn't like it. He'd been caring for her for how long now? The pack had been caring for her for how long?

Coming up beside the small woman, the giant man slid down to lay on his belly in the sand, looking out towards the gently rolling ocean. He cast her a side eye. "You needed to speak to me?"

"Speech"

Chimera is a very adult character and takes part in very adult situations. Don't read his threads. Ever.
[Image: tOAj1ES.png]
Chi has three black Tibetan Mastiff's as guards. Assume they're very close by.

Reila

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Wordy
03-18-2022, 07:51 PM

When Chimera joined her, her head turned towards him with a gentle smile and a greeted nod before she looked back out at the sunset and the changing colors of the water and the sky. "I've decided to stay." Her voice was careful, but also strong. It was what she wanted to a large extent, but yes she was still unsure. She didn't know if she would change her mind or it would backfire on her, but right now she was just willing to go with what her heart told her. "There's a part of here, and a part of you that makes me feel safe and welcome." She hoped that didn't sound weird. They didn't know each other too personally. She had voiced a large picture of her past, but did that mean that he really knew her? Probably not.

She glanced at him slightly, but went back to her forward gaze and turned a little tense to what was on her mind. "I need you to know though, I don't think I am safe for your pack." It was a confession, but she felt like he had to know what was going on internally for her. Even if it ended bad for her. It was feelings that she couldn't even really navigate herself. "That hunt we did together, the kill changed me. It took me back into the tournaments. I didn't feel like I was in control of myself." It was only a moment, and Chimera had easily brought her back into reality. But she wondered what could happen the next time, or if the phases became worse. "'Haze' puts me into submission. I need you to remember that." She didn't know what would come for her after this, but she was willing to take that next step whether it was her freedom here in the pack or locked away somewhere where she couldn't hurt anyone.

"Reila"

Chimera

Elysium
Warrior

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Res

03-22-2022, 09:10 AM

He willed the bright sunlight to extinguish more quickly. At least there was a bit of cloud cover on the horizon. The hidden sun changed the colors of those otherwise grey clouds to colorful things. As Chimera waited for the sun to sleep, he listened to Reila. The woman began by informing him that she wished to stay. She continued, stating that he and Fenmyre made her feel safe and welcome. The big man rumbled, still staring out to sea. "I keep all of my wolves safe no matter the danger." His words hinted that he would not let Atlas take her back if they so happened to find her here. Whether he had to fight for her or pay her body price, Chimera would do so. Reila, having said that she wished to stay, was one of his wolves now. She belonged to him and he didn't take that lightly.

The woman continued to speak, leading into the results of their hunt. Now Chimera turned his attention to her, blocky skull shifting so that he could fix her with that pale, pink eye. He remembered the hunt. He remembered how she had gone still when her teeth were in the throat of the dead gazelle. She hadn't seemed a danger then, but if it bothered her enough to voice her concerns, then it was something worth looking out for.

Planting his paws in the sand, Chimera pushed himself upwards, standing on the beach once more. He took a step towards the bobtailed woman and, lifting a paw, tilting her chin upwards, forcing their gazes to meet. His voice was soft and laced with understanding. "We all have our demons... Until you're able to control your inner beast, you will only hunt alone or with me." The giant maintained eye contact. "If at any time you feel yourself slipping, you will come to me and we'll deal with it. But Reila..." he trailed off for a moment, his gaze hardening as he gripped the fae's pale chin. "If you harm my family... I will kill you." Chimera released his grip on Reila's chin, dropping his paw back to the sand. The warning was delivered and the hardness in his eye shifted to normal again.

Haunches folded as Chimera sat in the sand once more, though this time he sat directly before the grey, white and tan fae, looking down into her blue eyes. "Now tell me about this haze you speak of."

"Speech"

Chimera is a very adult character and takes part in very adult situations. Don't read his threads. Ever.

Reila

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Wordy
03-22-2022, 10:33 AM

Just from her secluded time here on the island in her recovery had she known the close knit and family atmosphere of Fenmyre, even given the circumstances of Chimera's own well justified trade. He had made himself a large family, and he held those he loved close to him. Him speaking for keeping them safe was something she would have expected to hear from him.

She didn't see Chimera as a true master, but the way she was raised and trained didn't make her cower or turn away from him as he drew closer. She was probably much different than an average slave, she wasn't meant to show fear, only respect. His paw raised up to her chin, making her just slightly tense but looking him in the eyes was not difficult for her, not when he had something to say. He was met back with an intense and attentive gaze, he had her attention. Before he could release her, she agreed to the right he put on her, "I will give you the honor." Not like she would have had a choice, but really for show of just how much she didn't want to hurt anyone. What he offered her was the best solution. Not hunting with anyone, honestly she wouldn't have wanted to hunt with him either in those conditions. And hurting his family to result in death, it was what she would have deserved. She would come to terms with it.

He went on to ask her of the haze, and it was simply what she had told him. But still meant for a small explanation. "The night you found me on the beach, that was the haze." Her eyes stayed with his while in conversation, it should have been nothing new to him by now. "I won't talk, I won't move, I'll shut down completely and submit. All you have to do is tell me to 'Haze", it will make me stop what I'm doing. 'Break' pulls me back out."

"Reila"

Chimera

Elysium
Warrior

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Res

03-22-2022, 01:36 PM

The woman held his gaze easily. Whether it was part of her extensive training or just in her nature, he didn't know. It was uncommon, however. He didn't mind it at all. She was rather pretty and her eyes were bright and blue, easy to get lost in. Good thing he wasn't one of those weak minded young bucks, easily enamored by a woman's wiles.

Reila went on to explain her "Haze" and "Break" ordeal and Chimera released a contemplative murr from deep in his chest. His stomach tightened as lecherous thoughts barged in and made their home in his skull. How easily he could take advantage of such a situation. Alas... if Reila truly was becoming a member of the pack, she was under his protection. He wouldn't abuse her in such a manner.

"Welcome to Fenmyre, Reila," the beast purred, their gazes still locked. He looked forward to learning more about this woman. What other secrets did she hold? Chimera almost looked forward to Atlas coming to collect her, if they were so inclined. Flipping the subject, the man arched the brow above his milky white eye. "I expect my wolves to hone their skills, always learning. What skill will you choose as your primary so that I might rank you properly?"

"Speech"

Reila

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Wordy
03-22-2022, 02:30 PM

Reila wasn’t really aware of the way Chimera had been looking at her from time to time, or that he may have had the thought of taking advantage of her previous training. Maybe she had put too much trust in him than she should have, but he hadn’t done anything to her from the day they met. She knew what the haze could do to her, but it typically wasn’t used for that in her life on the ship. It was meant for means of control, not necessarily to take what they wanted. Not that it had never happened before. The slavers or the masters rarely ever used it for sexual advances, but the buyers were well aware of how to control them as they wanted. She was used to being attracted to, but also used to being berated and humiliated. It went on opposite sides of the spectrum. It was kind of sad for her to think her only use in life was to be sold and used, or thrown into a ring to fight for her life. She had known nothing else, no ways to happiness.

She dipped her head slightly as he welcomed her, her eyes less intense but still peering up at him. She had known many skills through the few years of her life, and it wasn’t really easy to pick just one. But she had to go with her heart, which told her she wanted to help provide for the pack that helped her heal. She may have claimed home inside Fenmyre, but she still had this sense of wanting to pay back what they had given her. "I’d like to prioritize hunting for now. I’m happy to help where is needed though. Thank you."

"Reila"

Chimera

Elysium
Warrior

Master Hunter (245)

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Res

03-22-2022, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2022, 03:19 PM by Chimera. Edited 1 time in total.)

He knew that she would choose hunting, but he needed to hear it from her own lips. Perhaps she could have surprised him and said she was a builder or a healer instead. "As you wish," the man nodded. She was Fenmyre's newest member, yet there was no real welcome to give her. She'd been here long enough to know where everything was. She already had a dwelling that she'd been staying in. Perhaps she would continue staying there. Perhaps she would choose another place. This was her home now and it was entirely up to her.

"Now that you're a member of the pack you'll be expected to run patrols of the island and the aspens. Run with someone for a week, then work yourself into the rotation." Surely she would be able to handle that. She wasn't stupid. In fact, once she became acclimated, he imagined Reila would be quite reliable.

Chimera rose once more, turning and pointing his massive frame back towards the compound. "If there's nothing else, I have an eager queen waiting for me." Aliana was always eager and the pups were old enough to handle themselves for a while while he tended to her needs.

"Speech"