size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Wordy
03-27-2022, 08:33 PM

Chimera had asked Reila to talk to both Dalila and Aliana about her manic episodes after she had struck out at him and she wouldn't leave the promise left undone. She didn't know Dalila well at all, only that she came from a slave background which was why Chimera had asked Reila to talk to her.

She made her way over to the green house, the doors making noise as they opened and closed behind her. She found Dalila probably tending to the herbs and other flowers and plants. She quietly approached her, looking over the various herbs around, "It's a nice set up." She commented with a smile. She wasn't a proclaimed healer, but she had learned and known many things from her time on the slaver ship. She didn't know if that would ever shine through, though she supposed it didn't really matter much to her either. She'd have her strengths as did everyone. Hers was probably her multiple knowledge and skill usage. "Reila, it's nice to officially meet you."

"Reila"

Dalila

Elysium
Nurse

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (255)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

The Ooze ParticipantPride - Demisexual1K
03-31-2022, 12:32 PM

Dalila walked down the aisles of the greenhouse, pulling the occasional weed or biting off a dead leaf here and there to prune back the plants a bit. She hadn't had the time to really tend to their gardens while she was helping Chimera with the pack or after Ruse was born, most of that work falling back on Siren and Aliana, but now that she had some free time back again she was back to her usual tending and gardening. It still surprised her how much she had taken to healing after she met Siren. It wasn't something she had really been exposed to in her previous life since healing was reserved for the higher class while hunting and fighting were left for the slaves, but now that she had the freedom to study and do what she wished it was something that she enjoyed and felt like she was good at.

The sound of the door opening made her head lift up and she looked back over her shoulder to see who it was and her pale blue gaze landed on an unfamiliar figure. She had heard that Chimera had taken in a woman that had washed up on the shore and she had caught the ever so slightly taller woman's scent around the island here and there so her being here wasn't a complete surprise. Dalila turned to face her as she complimented the greenhouse, giving her a soft smile and a grateful nod of her head. "Thank you. Siren, Aliana, and I have put quite a bit of work into it." She remembered when they first arrived and she and Siren had spent ages clearing out this space and preparing the ground for the plants to be put in—all while Siren was pregnant with Albion and Scylla. She gave Reila another dip of her head as she introduced herself, replying, "A pleasure. I'm Dalila." She had a feeling that Reila already knew that if she had come to the greenhouse seemingly to seek her out, but it felt more natural to return an introduction with one of her own. "Is there anything I can help you with? Or just visiting the garden?"

"Dalila Vista Klein"

Reila

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Wordy
04-10-2022, 06:22 PM

Reila did take that moment to admire more of the greenhouse as Dalila mentioned that the three queens had put a lot of work into it upon arrival. They didn't have anything like this on the ship, only stores for herbs. They didn't relocate and regrow plants. Still, she knew most of the herbs in their natural forms and some by scent if made into tinctures or ointments.

Dalila had luckily brought up if she needed help with anything, which made it a little easier but still awkward to get out. She had never met Dalila before so speaking to her was a little more difficult than speaking to Aliana. Even if Reila was't much of a social type anyway. "Actually..." Her lip pulled back a little as she tried to find a good place to start the conversation. "Chimera asked me to talk to you about nightmares I've been having." Her eyes flicked to Dalila slightly but refrained from more constant eye contact. "I don't believe there's anything that will help but I won't go without an attempt I suppose."

"Reila"

Dalila

Elysium
Nurse

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (255)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

04-11-2022, 09:30 PM

Dalila listened curiously as Reila revealed that she did in fact need something from her and then explained that Chimera had sent her to ask about her nightmares. A mix of understanding, concern, and sympathy flicked across her features as she nodded, letting Reila say her piece as she mentioned her doubt that there was anything that could help. "I used to have terrible nightmares as well," she shared after a moment, offering Reila a small smile. "There are some things to at least help ease you into a deeper sleep so the dreams aren't as frequent if you would like for me to gather some of those herbs for you, but... I'm afraid they won't solve the root of the issue. Only time and working through whatever the root of those nightmares is will."

She would have loved to have an easy, cure all solution to offer the other woman, but things were hardly ever that easy. Things were always more messy and complicated than they even appeared on the surface. "Do you want to talk about what your nightmares are about?" she offered with a curious look. "I know we just met, but you won't have any judgement from me. Talking through things is definitely easier than keeping it all bottled up." She knew that for herself at the very least she began to improve exponentially once Siren came into her life and she was able to talk about her past and make amends with herself so she wondered if maybe Reila simply needed an open ear to listen.

"Dalila Vista Klein"

Reila

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Wordy
04-11-2022, 10:11 PM

It did actually feel nice that Dalila didn't only have a similar slave background, but that she could relate to having nightmares too. Reila wasn't aware of the nightmares combined with violent outbursts until that night with Chimera. Nightmares maybe, but none that she would have ever thought would come into the real world. "I'm certainly willing to give it a try." She responded to Dalila giving her something that would put her under more, and hopefully enough to keep her sedated it seemed. She was okay with that.

She chuckled a little nervously as Dalila asked if she wanted to talk about it, but more so to the mention of how they just met. "Well you asking makes it a lot easier so, thank you." It was a bit humorous, but she would get down to the detail. "I'm open about it all, just feels a little difficult to find the time and place to talk about it." She mentioned a little more on a serious note, "The slavers and masters were hard obviously, but that's not the problem. It's the tournaments." The masters are what made Reila the way she was today, submissive or anxious to the thought of doing something wrong. The way of life wasn't easy for slaves as the two of them were and could imagine. "I attacked Chimera and... I don't even really remember or know what was happening in my head. It just felt like I was in danger."

"Reila"

Dalila

Elysium
Nurse

Master Fighter (240)

Master Healer (255)

gems
size
Small
build
Balanced
player
Shelby

04-13-2022, 11:11 AM

Dalila nodded when Relia said she would try the herbs she suggested and made a note to gather some to send with her once they were done talking. For now though, she focused on Relia since she seemed surprisingly willing to speak on the nightmares that were plaguing her. Back when Dalila was having issues like this she felt like she had to keep it to herself, but she also didn’t have anyone she could relate to or confide in so maybe she was just underestimating the power of a shared experience. She could understand why her asking made it easier though and gave Relia a small smile and nod to her thanks. It was always easier if the floor was already open instead of trying to find a way to bring it up.

Dalila’s expression darkened a bit with her sympathy as Relia explained that the tournaments she was put through were the problem—not the masters themselves. She nodded in agreement to that. Many of the wolves that had lorded over her had been cruel and difficult, but most of them had been simply indifferent. Her last master had even been kind and almost a friend. It was the events that lead to the bloody distraction of her former pack and the death of that master after she failed to protect her that created the trauma she later had to work through.

When she brought up that she had attacked Chimera in her sleep Dalila better understood where the major concern was stemming from. Nightmares themselves were a problem and difficult to live with, but when they began making her a danger to others was when it really needed to be addressed. “I wasn’t asleep when it happened, but I hadn’t been sleeping for quite a while and was delirious when I accidentally attacked someone as well,” she shared, a frown creasing her expression. “I know that feeling of feeling like you’re in danger. It’s hard to get away from… Mine came from rival packs attacking our pack in the middle of the night so when I saw someone in the shadows at night I thought they had found me and had come to finish the job.” She hadn’t thought about that night in a long time and it was still difficult to remember, but having someone that could relate to the feeling made it easier.

"Dalila Vista Klein"

Reila

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Chrono I

Wordy
05-10-2022, 10:17 AM

Reila remained silent as Dalila explained a little bit of her own experience. Things that others wouldn't know they had struggled with on first impressions even if Dalila was much better in her days now than before. Reila certainly was too, at least with the change of slavery to freedom.

"Thank you for sharing, Dalila." She spoke with a gentle smile, comfortable with only this one encounter with her. She was sure there would be more. "I'm glad to relate with someone on some sort of level." They may not have been the same, but she could feel that bit of connection at least from the harsh life they had lived before and it affecting them in the after. She was hoping that she could call Dalila her friend one day but they were certainly off to a good start.

She took the herbs that Dalila had offered before she would dismiss herself. The two of them no doubt had work to do around the island so she wouldn't keep her long. "Until next time." She suggested before leaving the green house to take the herbs back to her bungalow and get back to her duties.

"Reila"