An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022GlobetrotterStatue 2 WorshipOverachieverIsland HopperSmall Fries
TrapperRunning on EmptySocialiteBest BudsRapid Poster - GoldSouthern Explorer
WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
ScarredCritical Fail!ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerWordyLoser
Snake EyesDouble MasterLegendaryCritical Hit!1K
04-09-2022, 11:50 PM

With Sirius' permission gained, Azure quickly found reason to excuse himself and his new servant. Now that her cover story had been crafted and executed believably, it was time to move on to explain her actual duties as a slave. Upon his back he carried the hide he'd chosen for her, as well as a few small chunks of meat in case she hadn't eaten her fill. The Armada was ripe with capable hunters and as much fun as it would be to starve the girl, rationing even for slaves was rare.

"We're approaching my den." He informed her, glancing back to ensure she was paying attention to the route he took. A smaller wolf could easily get lost within the tall, thick blades of grass that made up their home territory. "You will be staying here for the meantime, as long as your presence does not bother my mate too heavily." Hanako herself had been raised a slave - would she see Lyre for what she was? If there was a wolf in the world he could trust, it was Hana... but even she was blind to the darker parts that made up Azure. "We have five children, I expect you to see to their needs as well as hers and my own. Have you been around pups before?"

"Speech"

Both of Azure's ears have notches and tears.
Az has a scar across his right eye, a mirror image of his natural born marking.
Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.
Not all of these features are always reflected in his art.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Lyre

gems
size
build
player
04-13-2022, 05:46 PM

It seemed as though she'd relayed her story in a believable manner as Sirius had welcomed her to the Armada. With that done, Azure led her through the long grass and towards his den. Lyre's ears moved, catching every syllable that the man spoke. She had indeed been paying attention to the route that they'd taken and was fairly sure that she could find her way from the food stores and common area to the den where Azure lived. The woman was observant as a slave was required to be. She paid attention to sights, sounds and smells as they moved along.

Azure continued his explanation, informing her that she would be staying in his den unless his mate decided otherwise. She was expected to serve both him, his mate and all five of his children. This wasn't something that she was used to, but Lyre knew that she would quickly take to the task. There was no choice in the matter.

When asked if she'd been around pups before, the lithe fae shook her head in the negative. "We weren't permitted," she said discreetly, not knowing who might be able to hear them in the long grass. The slave women who were used for breeding were kept separate. Lyre had little to no interaction with children, but she was sure that she'd catch on. "How old are your children, Azure?" It still felt strange calling him by his name, but that was what she'd been told to call him. Knowing how old his children were would prepare the woman for her future interactions with them. "And your mate," she added softly, "How would you like me to address her?" Knowing the titles and honorifics expected of her would help for their first meeting.

"Lyre"

Azure

"Break what can be broken"

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
04-14-2022, 05:16 PM

Azure led her closer to the oceanside den, peering his head in through the cave mouth to ensure they were alone before replying. "They will be yearlings next season. Don't let it fool you, they're still children. Lazy, distracted, daydreaming children who are somehow accomplishing less now than they did when they first left the den." Save for Basilisk - and surprisingly, Levi, - Azure's children had struggled to maintain the self-discipline that he and his siblings had quickly developed. Where Azure, Mortis, Indigo, and Asla had excelled in their youth, the majority of his pups were sorely lacking. "Regardless, they are princes and princesses of the Armada. Do not let my disdain for them influence you, respect them as you would any highborn child." The comment was offhanded and without the usual bite of a threat behind it, but whether it was softened by tiredness or his apathy toward the pups Azure couldn't determine.

Lyre questioned him softly and he turned to regard her as he considered the answer, taking a seat at the mouth of the den. "My Lady, perhaps, or Lady Hanako." He offered after a moment of consideration. "She may request something else, and that's fine with me." Hana was a mixed bag at times, bred and raised a slave but equal parts adoring of a highborn lifestyle. He'd never known her to turn down a bauble or jewel or a soft plush hide to rest her head upon, so it was likely she'd appreciate the honorifics almost as much as he did. "When we're away from my father I suppose My Lord would do. When we're away from the pack entirely - Your Highness, Your Grace, something along those lines."

"Speech"

Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Lyre

gems
size
build
player
04-24-2022, 03:33 PM

The age of the children was given. They were a little older than she had imagined they might be, but really, their age didn't matter. The woman listened as instructions were given. It sounded as though the children were lazy, or at least not living up to their father's expectations. She was expected to both serve them, treat them as royalty, and help them improve upon themselves. It would be a delicate balance, but she would do it. She would do anything asked of her. It was doubtful that Azure realized the caliber of servant that he'd acquired.

Azure let Lyre know the manner in which she should address his mate and, again, the striped woman accepted the words with a nod. He explained further that she could address him in her preferred manner when away from his father. Again, that grated against Lyre somewhat. Azure either wasn't the king that he had claimed, or the balance of power here was askew.

They'd had a long day and the woman's green eyes could see this exhaustion on her master. "Is there anything that I can do for you, my lord?" He wouldn't know what she was capable of, so Lyre proceeded to tell him of her skills. "I have advanced knowledge of massage techniques to sooth sore muscles. I could hunt a fresh meal for you. I could brew and serve you tea if you let me know where the supplies are." Anything. She would do anything, both to make her master happy and to prove that she was useful. A valuable commodity that should be kept and cared for.

"Lyre"

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

05-06-2022, 04:09 AM

So far his newest acquisition had not disappointed, and Azure met the servant's eyes attentively as she absorbed his instructions, wishing he could see behind the olive green to know exactly where the femme's mind had gone. Did it bother other wolves, to wonder what their slaves were thinking? Azure doubted the masters Lyre had come to know had considered it important at all - so long as she behaved appropriately - but the direwolf Champion's pride struggled being left in the dark.

Before he could ask her to voice her inner monologue, Lyre was speaking. Azure blinked, briefly taken back by the offer, but giving it a rare consideration. "There may be supplies in the next room. If not there, likely back at the Obelisk." Azure had never been offered a tea that was not medicinal, nor had he allowed anyone's paws upon him aside from those that were attached to his mate. He didn't even know if Hana enjoyed tea, or had the materials to brew it in their shared den. "I'll accept the massage, as well." None of the servant's options were methods of relaxation he'd been known to practice, though Azure assumed he owed it to himself at least to test out his underling's supposed skills.

Settling back on his haunches, he waited and watched while the servant did the necessary preparations. When he felt the time was right (read: when he felt he could get the desired startle effect from it) he broke the silence. "It's very likely that the next time you offer yourself to me in this way, I'll punish you." Azure regarded her with the dispassionate quality of an executioner, a look that said that to add a few more stripes to Lyre's smooth pelt would be as routine for him as breathing. "That is how I find my relaxation, dear Lyre." Of course, should the concept frighten her out of offering a second time, it would only give Azure more reason to harm her.    

"Speech"

Lyre

gems
size
build
player
05-06-2022, 06:42 PM

Her offer to brew tea was met with a bit of surprise and Lyre's head gave the barest tilt in response. It was probably the most personal reaction she'd made thus far. Was tea not common here? She'd been required to brew tea at all hours of the day and night for her former mistress, though the woman had been very old. With the possible location of items given, the striped fae rose and moved into the adjoining chamber. Her eyes adjusted to the altered light within and she quickly found enough to make a very basic tea. It likely wouldn't taste as good as she was capable of crafting, but it would do.

After presenting the steaming dish of tea to her master, he spoke and she raised big green eyes upwards as he wanted her to do. His words sent a chill through her and she visibly swallowed, but her gaze remained passive and held his. He wanted to hurt her and, if she took his words as promise, he would. So she had that to look forward to. In the end, Lyre merely gave her usual nod of acceptance. "I am yours," was her response, though it was spoken much more softly than her normal tones. If he wished to abuse her, he had every right to do so. He had taken her life from the slavers and thus, it belonged to him. There weren't a great amount of well conditioned slaves in the world; slaves who accepted their lot in life without batting an eye; but Lyre was one of them.

Lyre set about her second task. He'd accepted the offer of a massage and she would do just that. "The process works best if you're laying on your stomach," she advised, waiting until he slid down onto his belly. He was quite large and Lyre had to stand on hind paws to reach the neck and back muscles of the brute. "There are different types of massage, so please let me know if this is too rough or not rough enough." The woman's obsidian dipped paws began their work. She started just behind his ears, claws and pads moving lightly through the thicker fur until she could locate the muscles beneath his skin. Lyre lost herself in her work, her paws pressing, smoothing and rolling depending on which muscle had her attention at the time.

Lyre quickly made her way up her master's neck and began working on the muscles of his shoulders and upper back. These tended to get wound more tightly than one realized, so she gave them the proper work and attention required to loosen them again. The striped fae worked down her master's brown and teal back, fanning down his ribcage on either side. When she came to his haunches and hips, she gave him a moment to stop her. Not all brutes enjoyed being touched here and she wouldn't assume that her master was the type to want it. If he didn't stop her, she would continue, however.

"Lyre"

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

05-10-2022, 01:12 AM

The dish was presented and Azure grasped it carefully with his wide paws. It wasn't until the cup was in his grasp that it occurred to him why accepting the beverage made him uncomfortable; he contemplated it silently while Lyre set about her next task, placing the untouched tea back upon the ground to lay upon his stomach as instructed with the cup between his forepaws. "Take a drink, Lyre." He intoned, nudging the cup with a curved claw. "Should you still be breathing when the massage is complete, I will try it then." It was quite the adjustment to place such sudden trust in a stranger, and one who had been forcibly inserted into his care. Azure assumed half of the veterans of the Armada would poison him if given the chance, making putting faith in Lyre that much more difficult. Her obedience brought a shallow dip of his head in a gesture of silent acknowledgment and permission to continue.

Feeling a servant's paws upon his pelt brought his fur to raise, though he forced the discomfort aside. For one who enjoyed more physical past-times, Azure was not fond of being touched. A boyish grunt was his only verbal response to her words, though his eyes rolled half-heartedly at the comment of 'too rough.' Ultimately the massage was enjoyable for so long as he could push back his discomfort, though his muscles refused to relax in entirety and occasionally tensed as Lyre's paws moved to less-accustomed muscle groups.

As she neared his haunches, all of Azure's focus shifted heavily towards resisting the sudden urge to tear away from her touch. In the back of his mind Az was able to recognize her hesitation for what it was - a request - though still, his lip curled at the perceived disrespect. Something about the positioning of her paws there felt ... emasculating? intimate? weakening? Navigating the sudden revulsion internally was difficult and slow and finding the words to explain it was even slower.

"No." He managed abruptly, grimacing at himself for being unable to elaborate further. Tensed, he waited to feel the shifting of her paws that signaled her understanding.

"Speech"

Lyre

gems
size
build
player
05-13-2022, 01:23 PM

The mere edge of the woman's brow dipped for a moment as he asked her to drink first. She realized why only a second later and moved to take a sip from the dish as instructed. The woman wasn't used to being doubted when it came to her servitude. In that matter, it seemed that Lyre actually held a bit of pride. The massage began and she worked in silence, listening for the subtle cues from her master as to what he liked and didn't like. As she worked, she was learning Azure. It was her duty to do so.

Once she'd neared his haunches and waited, he told her no and that was all that it took. The woman's delicate paws moved away and settled on the ground once more. Lyre rose and took a step away, giving the man his space. She then seated herself once more and awaited further instruction. There were no negative feelings within her at having to stop. It was simply his preference and she would accept it.

"My king," she spoke the honorific softly, lest someone be nearby enough to hear her. "I am but a servant, unable to protect myself or thrive on my own. Without you, I am nothing." There was actually a spark of life in that last statement. "I would never harm you or yours. It is my honor and privilege to serve you. I exist only to carry out your every whim." The woman sought to reassure him somewhat while also letting him know that she wouldn't put up a fuss when he inevitably hurt her. Not unless that's what he wanted her to do. If the bear-pawed man sought some sort of predator/prey relationship behind closed doors, then prey she would be.

"Lyre"