size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Dream WeaverUnderachieverSmall FriesSocialiteDerby WinnerBy A Whisker
StudentSamhain 2022HomebodyTeacherSnake EyesRapid Poster - Rainbow
Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
Ice Bridge ExplorerMammoth HunterPride - Pansexual1KBeeventDouble Master
04-23-2022, 08:28 PM
Come down, come down sweet reverence

Leaves crunched beneath her paws as she walked to the lake. Jynn had returned from a journey into Auster. Fall was in full swing in Boreas and the hillside was awash in shades of amber and gold. The crunch of leaves was delightful, even the nip in the air gave the sense of a fresh start even if that was a far cry from the case. Winter would move in soon and usher her farther back south. While she could suit up to some degree against the weather it just wasn't something she was built to handle for long periods at a time. Jynn still hadn't made any concrete plans for her future. She knew she probably should at some point, but making plans meant she'd have to follow through. The whole process was daunting.

The wind picked up, swirling the leaves around her and lifting them up in the air. She remembered stories her mother told of spirits in the trees and the wind. She'd long outgrown those stories, or so she thought. Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to entertain some of the old ways, just for old times sake.

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerOoh La LaDouble MasterPride - Lesbian1KFestival Organizer
Halloween 2020 - Haunted HouseValentines 2020Christmas 2019Treat 2019
04-24-2022, 04:10 PM

Sparrow always loved the East. It was kinda like all of it was her home. Unlike the north, it didn't get as dreadfully cold in the winter, nor as stupid hot in the summer as the south. It was good territory with good farming abilities even when left to its own devices. The fall was her favorite in the east. The leaves dropped and the weather cooled. Squirrels went into overdrive looking to store nuts here and there. It was beautiful all around.

And even more beautiful was the sight in front of her- Jynn in her own mind and her own world as leaves as orange as her coat lifted in the wind around her.

Sparrow, always a sapphic at heart despite her brutish nature, opted to gawk gayly at the woman instead of ruining the moment. She felt like maybe she was seeing something private, something she wasn't meant to see and considered leaving, but, hey, she didn't get to see Jynn as much as she liked, so she swallowed the rise in her throat and made herself apparent by stretching and yawning loudly as if she hadn't just been creepily peering at Jynn from the bushes.

Sparrow has a female Harlequin Macaw named Pongolo and a male Capuchin monkey named Friar, and a hairless mushroom tuxedo cat named Beef Sandwich. She also has cat claws... and some weird leg spike things.

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

Festival OrganizerWordyThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Critical Block!Slow Poke
WealthyRenowed ExplorerUnderground ExplorerIsland HopperBoreas ExplorerWestern Explorer
Northern ExplorerSouthern ExplorerGlobetrotterLegendaryAuster ExplorerScaredy Cat
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! OverachieverCritical Fail!Ooh La LaEastern ExplorerExplorer
05-08-2022, 09:40 AM

Jynn stood on her hind legs, her front paws resting on an old oak tree as she peered into a cavernous hole in its bark. A little owl screeched back on her. Large ears flicked back at the sound. Oops. Ok, so maybe less spirits and more owls. She descended back to four legs as a loud yawn caught her attention.

Jynn whipped around, caution falling away to recognition. Sparrow! She grinned, pleased to see the pirate woman. It felt like it had been ages since they'd had a chance to hang out. "Well, well, captain Sparrow! It's good to see you, how have you been?" She bounded over, tail wagging lightly.

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1Mammoth HunterIce Bridge Explorer
05-08-2022, 06:20 PM

The woman whipped around and lit up at the sight of Sparrow- did she do that for everyone? She greeted her as captain and bounded over. Sparrow wagged her tail and mustered up the courage to at least act straight for five minutes- or not even straight as much as she shouldn't be... doing whatever she was doing letting a friend make her feel too jittery. She put on a brave face. "We've been doing good over on the coast- you should visit sometime! We've raided a bit and it seems like we're only a step away from being the bane of everyone's existence, which is the goal! So yeah, everything is looking good!" She cast an air of confidence as best as she could. She figured Jynn should know about their raiding and then determine if she really wanted to hang out.

"How's Boreas' favorite traveler? Is there anywhere you haven't seen yet?"

Sparrow has a female Harlequin Macaw named Pongolo and a male Capuchin monkey named Friar, and a hairless mushroom tuxedo cat named Beef Sandwich. She also has cat claws... and some weird leg spike things.

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

05-15-2022, 08:32 AM

Jynn was pleased to hear things were going well for Sparrow and her pirate crew. She wasn't really the raiding type herself and couldn't fathom wanting to get on the bad side of so many packs, but it was that very zest for adventure and action that Jynn appreciated. She kept herself out of the politics of the packs. After all, she never really planned to join one and didn't want to limit her interactions to others based on their pack affiliation.

"How's Boreas' favorite traveler? Is there anywhere you haven't seen yet?"

Jynn grinned broadly and puffed out her chest. "I have officially been to every land in Boreas and Auster, but the great thing about travelling is there's always more to see. I've been to this lake nearly a half dozen times and I still find new nooks and crannies I hadn't seen before. I'll have to head over to Obsidian Beach next, see what you've done with the place. How are you settling in to being an alphess?"

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

05-15-2022, 03:04 PM

Jynn announced that she had officially been to all the lands in Boreas and Auster and Sparrow was very clearly amazed. She went on to talk about how she always could find new things and that she ought to go to Obsidian Beach soon to see what they've done with it before asking how alphaship was going.

"Ah, it's fine." Sparrow said somewhat dryly. What was there that she could explain? "It's exactly like being not an alpha except everyone needs you for something and the second they don't, you have this looming, pressing feeling that you SHOULD be doing something- anything- official and alpha-like." She shrugged. She wasn't a very staunch alpha, and she didn't want to be. Alphas with their noses up everyone's ass were annoying.

"We haven't done much with the beach- not like you can do much with sand besides lay out a few blankets and one very pink fake bird we found once, but it's always open for parties and wee keep both alcohol and wood for fires stocked high."

Sparrow didn't think she'd even remember what all lands she'd been to in the past, much less ones she still needed to visit. She wondered hoe Jynn kept track.

"Now that you've explored everywhere, what's next? Round two?"

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

05-23-2022, 05:31 PM

Jynn wrinkled her nose just a smidge as Sparrow meanting the pressing feeling that she should be doing something pack related. That didn't sound like much fun but it seemed Sparrow was doing alright for the most part and taking a more lax approach. Jynn still toyed on and off with the idea of starting a band. She wasn't sure if she had what it took to lead one, but she had yet to find anything that fit her. So why not just start up her own group?

"Now that you've explored everywhere, what's next? Round two?"

Jynn shrugged, reaching up a paw to swipe at a frost-tinged cattail. "Honestly? I don't know. I've currently been on the hunt for a band of wanderers that I'd fit in with. Or maybe starting my own, but I can't say I love the idea of being a leader. At least not yet. All that responsibility and stuff, just oof."

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

05-23-2022, 09:39 PM
Jynn didn't seem to love the idea of pressing alpha responsibilities and Sparrow couldn't blame her. It sucked, maybe, and yet Sparrow was still mostly enjoying herself she thought. Maybe... or she would. She would make sure she would, wasn't that the whole point? Jynn talked about not knowing what to do now that she had explored everywhere. She said she didn't love the idea of being a leader, and Sparrow couldn't blame her. It was a lot of responsibility. Oof was right. "A Jynn band would be cool. And if you weren't a pack, I wouldn't have a reason to raid you and get on your bad side." Sparrow flashed her a smile, really she couldn't imagine being on Jynn's bad side.

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

06-15-2022, 05:50 PM

"…And if you weren't a pack, I wouldn't have a reason to raid you and get on your bad side."

Jynn chuckled, bouncing away from Sparrow a short distance before turning to face the pirate and dipping into a play bow. "If I ever started a pack you'd be welcome to raid… and have your ass kicked!" She winked knowing full well she wasn't the warrior type. Oh, she could fight if she had to but it wasn't her preference. Jynn had a hard time imagining herself training warriors to defend pack lands. So much simpler to go where she wanted, to take what she had with her or aquire what she needed along the way.

Jynn stood and shook her coat. "Anyway, that's all something to think about for another day. I figure if I just keep moving I'll end up wherever I'm supposed to be eventually."

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

06-19-2022, 06:40 PM
Sparrow returned Jynn's play bow as easily and as quickly as Jynn offered it, as if they did this every day. She invited Sparrow to raid and get her ass kicked. Well, Sparrow wasn't going to admit it, but they WERE on a pretty heavy losing streak currently. "As long as you're the one kicking my ass, I'd be happy to have it!" She cackled a little, wagging her tail hard enough to wiggle her butt before she kicked off, throwing her forepaws in the air in a stupid little feigning attack dance that was obviously not very serious. "As long as there's fun times to be had, the pirates will be there, wherever you end up!"

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

07-08-2022, 09:24 PM

Jynn laughed as Sparrow bounded toward her in a playful attack. Ever quick on her feet she bounded to the side and reached out to try and tap the top of Sparrow's left shoulder with her left forepaw. "Sounds good. If I do end up starting a band I may have to bring them by for one of your parties. Maybe if I can find some more musically inclined wolves we can accompany Pongolo for a performance." She skidded to a stop and cocked her head at Sparrow with a huge grin on her face. "Did you know I can play the drum with my tail?" It was the best instrument. She could just lay on her side and use her tail to keep rhythm.

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

07-18-2022, 06:53 PM
The woman dodged her with ease and Sparrow didn't see the need to make any huge show of trying to snap at her and stop her. She felt Jynn tap her on her shoulder and was struck with the wonder of 'is this our first time touching?' Jynn offered to bring her yet-formed band to a party and talked about finding musical wolves. Sparrow nodded, and turned herself to face Jynn at the end of their little dance. "I would love that! Find some good traders and stuff too while you're at it!"

Jynn also mentioned she could play drum with her tail. "Really? And it makes a noise?" Sparrow imagined her tail would just muffle out any noises. "Have you met Sunder? He doesn't have fur, so I bet his tail drum would be extra loud."

Jynn

Tojo-kai
Taicho

Master Navigator (240)

Master Fighter (300)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
lunarcat7

07-28-2022, 07:44 PM

Jynn nodded. "Yes, traders would be excellent." She hoped to find wolves with multiple talents and likely those that had some musical talent were adept at making their own instruments would could also be traded. Jynn was still learning the best way to make drums but so far it was working well.

Sparrow seemed surprised at her playing the drum with her tail. "Yep! I'll have to show you some time." Even if it wasn't with a whole band it might be fun to just bring her drum and a few drinks over to the pirate's beach to hang out. Sparrow mentioned a fur less wolf named Sunder and Jynn laughed. "I've met him! We raced a couple of times, he beat me both times." She shook her head dismayed. "You'd think with these long legs I'd be a shoo in but maybe fur creates more drag. I didn't realize he was a pirate. I take it the pack is growing well?"

Sparrow

"Ms. steal yo girl"

Raiders Hollow
Very Important Pirate

Master Fighter (258)

Master Navigator (250)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
Iko

07-31-2022, 07:25 PM
Jynn said she'd show Sparrow how she played drum with her tail sometime and Sparrow genuinely looked forward to it. To her surprise, she had even met Sunny some before. She said they had raced and that she had lost both time. Sparrow really wished she had been able to see it. "Maybe when you visit, you can challenge him to a rematch."

Jynn said she took it the pack was growing well and Sparrow simply nodded. "I think so. We'll have some more members here and there, and then we'll really be unstoppable." The last part might have been a lie, but who had to know? "You should visit us whenever those long legs take you back to Obsidian Beaches!"

She really hoped Jynn would visit. They always ran into each other like this, but never got the chance to just chill. Did Jynn really drink? Do drugs? Sparrow had no clue, but she'd like to find out one day.