An icon representing the specialty Fitness Coach Fitness Coach

gems
size
Medium
build
Obese
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipPride - LesbianAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! UnderachieverBy the skin of my teethOverachieverSnake EyesCritical Fail!
04-25-2022, 03:22 PM
It felt as though it had been forever since she'd last seen Briar, taken in the sight of her pretty and preened coat. All ladylike and proper, destined to be queen. And here it was, her castle, looming above the tubby warrior as Ophie tilted her head back to take in the view. As always, her feelings were mixed and stewed, sloshing against one another like an over-seasoned soup.  On one paw she was quite proud of herself for making it this far, Auster wasn't close to home at all and Ophie hadn't managed to shed any of her pudge yet. Or rather, the moment she lost it...she gained more to replace it, swinging back and forth and ultimately not going anywhere. As always.

Still, she'd made a pointed effort to actually leave her den and here she was, that had to count for something! Doing her best to slow her panted breaths, she swallowed thickly. Briar had extended an offer to visit way back when...but would she really want her around? What if she was an embarrassment, what if she- Deep breaths Ophie, slow and steady.

They were family and to the Fatalis' nothing was more important.

Tipping her head back, Ophie let out a soft boof, followed by a warbling woooooo. Outright howling felt a tad too bossy for her tastes, who was she to demand anything when she was standing at the Hallows doorstep? Fat and coated in mud.
Speech

[Image: dfvjeij-a0c9c8b5-ce61-4d86-9a8a-51fb4374...Rpnlgn_8zs]

Briar

The Hallows
Lady of Cinder

Master Fighter (245)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Ooh La LaSamhain 2022LegendaryPride - DemisexualTeacher
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3VengeanceCritical Fail!Ice Bridge Explorer1K
04-25-2022, 04:37 PM
It finally felt like all of the pieces of the wedding planning was coming together. Pieces of decor were being put together, the food stores were brimming with supplies, and they had been back and forth with Venom’s brother Plague putting the last touches on some accessories to wear during the event. She was pretty sure the last few things would fall into place soon and she knew Artorias was planning on sending out the pack’s ravens soon enough to invite everyone. The closer the day got the more excited she became. She was a little nervous as well, but only because she wanted everything to go perfectly—not because she was getting married.

Briar was going through her usual duties, walking through the castle grounds, when she heard a faint call from the border and her head popped up at the familiar voice. She almost thought she was hearing things for a moment, but when she ran out through the castle gate so she could see past the wall she was able to spot Ophelia’s distinctive form waiting at the border. She gasped with surprise and grinned as she ran down the grassy slope toward her, tail trailing out behind her. Despite all of her invitations to her family to come visit whenever they pleased the only one to really take her up on the offer was their father. Well, until now at least. "Ophelia!” she called enthusiastically as she got closer, skidding to a stop in front of her and leaning in to press her nose to her sister’s cheek affectionately. She probably would have swept in for a hug, but in true Ophelia fashion she was quite muddy and not in good condition for hugs for someone like Briar. "This is such a surprise! What are you doing here?”

"Briar Fatalis"

Ophelia

Loner

Master Healer (240)

Expert Fighter (167)

gems
size
Medium
build
Obese
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipPride - LesbianAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! UnderachieverBy the skin of my teethOverachieverSnake EyesCritical Fail!
04-27-2022, 11:37 AM
Her chest fluttered nervously, lungs squeezing in her chest as she shifted her weight from one paw to the next. It wasn't as if she was kept waiting for super long, but it was just enough to get all antsy and unsure if she should leave before someone caught wind of her. Bounding along with the biggest of smiles, Ophie couldn't help but return the look of elation her sister tossed her way. Her energy had always been infectious, like Ophie had no way of keeping her love and affection at bay. Not that she really wanted to mind you but- you know how it is, sometimes.

Leaning into her cheek nuzzle, her sausagey tail transformed into a thick blur. The Auster climate seemed to suit Briar real well, she was practically glowing in the sunlight. Maybe change could be a good thing, drove wolves forward instead of dragging them back.

"I uh- I just wanted to see how you were doing. Missed you." Naturally Ophie spoke nothing but the truth, but the words felt awkward all the same. Like she had to flounder to keep them in her grasp. She dipped down into a joyous play bow, anxiety giving way to glee in a rare moment.  "This place is just so cool, amazing! Bet Dad hates it." Mostly because he was a very biased man, loved what he loved and hated what he didn't.

Briar

The Hallows
Lady of Cinder

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Ooh La LaSamhain 2022LegendaryPride - DemisexualTeacher
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3VengeanceCritical Fail!Ice Bridge Explorer1K
05-04-2022, 10:56 PM
She wasn't sure why, but she was genuinely surprised and touched to hear Ophelia say that she was here because she missed her and it made a happy grin pull across Briar's face. "I've missed you too. I'm glad you're here," she said sincerely. She hadn't really realized how much she would miss her siblings after she moved. For the most part she was kept so busy with helping to keep the pack running that she didn't have much time to think about it, but now with Ophelia here she was reminded and it was a relief to be with her sister again. It made her wonder how her other siblings were doing, but she wasn't going to get ahead of herself. Ophie had come all the way down to Auster so she had more than earned her full attention!

She gave a little snort of laughter when Ophelia playfully mentioned how cool the castle was—and promptly added how their father must hate it. "It's certainly not his favorite place," she agreed with a giggle. "You know him and his preferences for open spaces... walls aren't exactly his thing." She grinned and waved Ophie in, adding, "Come on! Come see for yourself!" She started leading her up toward the castle, falling into step beside Ophelia happily as she guided her toward the castle gates so she could give her the full tour. "Hopefully you'll like it at least a little more than he does," she teased as she brought her through the gates, past the big walls that surrounded the castle grounds and revealed the court yard they were hiding.

There was a path that led up to a big set of doors and around them was gardens dotted with wisteria trees. Briar loved a lot of things about the castle, but the gardens were definitely one of her favorites. "Around the corner over there is a greenhouse. If you want to take any herbs back with you feel free to check it out before you head back and collect some! There's plenty to go around," she said, pointing it out with one of her paws. "If you keep going around the side of the castle that way you'll find the training grounds and a field house as well." From there she walked up the path and pushed open one of the big doors, holding it open so Ophelia could come inside. "So... Do you want to see the infirmary, guest rooms, and baths first? Or the dining hall and the kitchen?"

"Briar Fatalis"

Ophelia

Loner

Master Healer (240)

Expert Fighter (167)

gems
size
Medium
build
Obese
player
Ali

05-13-2022, 03:51 PM
Ophie was eager to fall in line beside Briar, her rotund bum shimmying from side to side in a content little zumba dance. Her sisters were-more often than not anyway-so easy to be around, kind and caring, lacking the jagged edges the rest of her siblings seemed to have. All the hardships Briar had been through had only made her a better person, strengthen her resolve and sense of perseverance. Helped her rise to the top whilst Ophie rolled off the edge, plummeted down into the abyss.  

Light danced in the tropics of her eyes, taking in the looming towers as they moved beneath the gateway. There was just so much going on and yet it was organised, felt lived in, in the true and proper way a home should feel. She'd never really thought much about leadership before, knew she didn't have the mettle for it, but it was apparent that Artorias and Briar excelled in this. In all things, probably. And made it look effortless too, as easy as breathing.

There were a lot of options at paw, so much to see and sniff but of course, Ophie's belly rumbled at the mention of dining. The fact she'd made it all the way here without keeling over from starvation was a feat in and of itself, but now it had gotten started her stomach would not be silenced! Feeed meee!

How rude though. Like she'd come all this way just to raid the Hallow's stores. How very Ophie.

"Maybe umm...the kitchens first. For a light snack or something. I haven't eaten in forever."Since like...maybe two hours ago, max. She at least had the mind to be sheepish, ears flicking back as a nervous smile settled on her features.

Briar

The Hallows
Lady of Cinder

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

05-27-2022, 03:03 AM
Briar didn't have to wait long for Ophelia's answer and she chuckled softly as her sister asked to see the kitchens first. She couldn't say she was entirely surprised by the choice, but it still felt very true to Ophelia so she couldn't judge her for it. "Of course! I'd be happy to whip something up for you." She nodded for her to follow and then led the way through the corridor to the west wing of the castle where there was a large set of double doors that were propped open to let more air flow through the large dining hall. When it was warmer whether like this she liked having the passage ways open like this to help keep things a little more cool. Even still, the fire still crackled in the large hearth, a Hallows staple and a symbol of the pack.

She brought Ophelia through the room, passing by rows of long tables to a door in one of the back corners that opened up into a large kitchen. "So! What do you feel like having?" she asked, as she started making her way over to the doorway that opened to a small set of stairs that led down into a storage cellar. "I think the hunting party brought back some okapi recently or maybe some wild boar... Or if you want something a little lighter I might still have some berries from the grove near by! I love drizzling them with honey. It's so, so good paired with a bit of wine." She peered back at Ophelia, waiting for her answer before she went down to get whatever supplies she might need. "Or some of each if you want!"

"Briar Carpathius"

Ophelia

Loner

Master Healer (240)

Expert Fighter (167)

gems
size
Medium
build
Obese
player
Ali

06-02-2022, 05:29 PM
Spoiled for choice, Ophie pursed her lips as her gaze floated up. Imagining the foods hovering overhead, just out of reach but more than enough to get her licking her lips. Man they really had nice food here, didn't they? Of course the Armada had plenty of food about, how else would she have gotten so plump? But it wasn't as decadent as all the options Briar had offered. Like they wanted to make food that tasted good, not just enough to fill the masses bellies.  Making up her mind she nodded hastily, glad Briar wasn't cornering her to choose. This or that, when it all sounded so good!

As they said, a full Ophie was a happy Ophie. Mostly. But how was she supposed to say as much without coming across as a gluttonous pig? Of course her big sister offered, she was just good like that, but surely it was just to be polite? Just cause she knew her so well, knew her eyes were about the same size as her belly. Either way the cat was already out of the bag, right? Look at her, she wasn't exactly skinny.

"Hmm.. Maybe a little of each. You know, to savour the local cuisine." It was frilly and clearly a way of trying to save some face, but her tail wagged all the same. It was hard to be glum in a new place, where she felt trusted and safe. Like no one would shoot her dirty looks for just being as she was. The Hallows really was a haven, she felt it in her porky little toes. "Did you take up cooking then?" She wondered aloud with a slight tip of her head.  "Or is it Artorias? Oh oh, yes. I heard something about that a woman's lucky to have a man who's good with his paws. " She nodded to herself, convinced of her very vanilla take.

Briar

The Hallows
Lady of Cinder

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

06-03-2022, 01:57 PM
Briar had expected as much, but Ophelia confirmed her suspicions and asked for a little of each—so she could taste the local cuisine of course. "Of course! Can't visit a new place and not try their food, right?" she replied with a grin. "Alright, wait here! I'll be right back." She slipped down to the cellar where they kept the majority of their food supplies and gathered up a few things—a filet of okapi, a steak of wild boar, and a container holding some fresh berries and the last bit of honey she could find. She gathered it all up while making a mental note to gather some more honey soon, tucking it into a sling of fabric to make the carrying bit a tad easier. She was just about to head back up the short flight of stairs when she paused and back tracked a bit to grab a bottle of wine. She didn't know if Ophelia drank or not, but it was a Hallows specialty!

Coming back up to the kitchen, she laid out the supplies on a wooden table to start prepping everything. She glanced back at Ophelia when she questioned whether she had gotten into cooking or perhaps it was Artorias that had... and nearly made her sputter when she mentioned a woman being lucky to have a man that's 'good with his paws.' She gave a little snort of laughter, but quickly tried to brush off her own dirty mind since her sweet, innocent sister clearly didn't take the saying the way she did. "Um... Yeah, I've definitely gotten more into cooking since I moved here," she replied, looking back to the food in front of her with a chuckle. "My friend Lia is really the best cook though. She's taught me a lot of what I know. She'll be doing the most of the cooking at the wedding so if you're coming to the reception you'll get to try her cooking there!" She sprinkled a few seasonings on the meats, just a little something to give it some pizzazz, and then carried it over to the hearth and placing it on the hot stone with a little sizzle.

"Do you want some berries while those cook?" she asked, opening up the container they had been stored in and dropping them into a bowl that would be easier to eat from and drizzling over the honey from another smaller jar. She turned and placed the bowl in front of Ophelia at a small island in the middle of the room. "Enjoy!" she encouraged her while getting the bottle of wine, pulling the cork free with her teeth. She took a sip from the bottle just to make sure she had picked a good one and hummed happily before grabbing a goblet off of one of the shelves and placing it on the island as well, carefully pouring out some of the wine into the metal vessel. "I've been heading the production of our wine since I moved in! There was casks of wine in the castle already, but I thought it would be fun of The Hallows could produce it's own wine to have as something we can trade." She nudged a goblet toward Ophelia with a questioning glance, saying, Would you like some?"

"Briar Carpathius"

Ophelia

Loner

Master Healer (240)

Expert Fighter (167)

gems
size
Medium
build
Obese
player
Ali

06-09-2022, 03:38 PM
Ophie nodded along, as though some deep and valuable morsel of wisdom had been exchanged. Something only the two of them could understand. And she supposed that's why they both got along so well, whatever parts of her Briar didn't understand, she still made an effort to. Tried to tangle through the emotional mess that was her little sister. Was it worth the effort? Probably not, but Ophie was glad she was happy to try all the same. That at least someone hadn't given up on her yet.

Waiting as patiently as she could manage, Ophie took to glancing around the room once more. She didn't mind being inside, felt less exposed, like she could find somewhere to hide without the risk of anyone catching a glimpse. Seeing what they weren't meant to see. Of course Briar didn't leave her hanging for too long, she returned soon enough with a smile that rivalled the sun.

And feast she would, like a raccoon in the bin behind a McDonald's.

Briar really was good with her paws though, certain and fluid in her motions. Not worried about messing things up. Ophie watched with a twitching nose, eyes gleaming in anticipation.

"Oh um, yes please." Did she really have to ask?

It was a feast fit for a king, or queen, in this instance. Ophie tried to have some manners, to eat slow and not make a mess but....when good food was right in front of her it was hard to remain civil. Like a flip switched. By the time she was done, she was licking her lips and pleased as a punch. The flavours complimented one another perfectly, lingering in her mouth even as Briar offered her some wine. Why not? Everything else had been scrumptious.

Careful not to spill the cup, Ophie leaned down and took a tentative lick. It was...nice and she liked it well enough, but it wasn't food. For once she was stuffed, might need to be rolled back home.

"Phew. Thank you so much Briar!"Their dad made her eat dried meat...an affront to food, honestly. "And to Lia too, since she must have taught you so well!"

Worst part about eating so much...it made her sleepy. Real sleepy. Unable to stop herself she let out a big and long yawn, all tooth and flicking tongue.

"You sound so busy all the time, doesn't that tire you out?" Ophie couldn't be queen, that's for sure.

Briar

The Hallows
Lady of Cinder

Master Fighter (245)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

06-23-2022, 01:49 AM
Briar watched Ophilia as she ate the food that had been prepared for her, the Hallows Queen wearing an affectionate smile as she poured herself a goblet of wine as well and took a sip of it. She gave her sister all the time she needed or wanted to enjoy her meal—although Ophelia tended to eat pretty fast anyway. She hadn't been fully aware of Ophelia and the disconnect between her and the rest of their family for a long time, not until they had a heart to heart on the beach before she was set to move away from the Armada, and ever since then Briar had developed quite the soft spot for her sister. Briar knew that she was lucky in many regards for how the events in her life had lined up with meeting Artorias and finding love so quickly, finding her biggest supporter and encouragement in him that had allowed her to rebuild from how she had crumbled in on herself. She didn't know how to be that for Ophelia or how to best support her round sister sometimes, but she at least knew that she could offer Ophelia love and acceptance while she was here. As caring and protective as their father was, she doubted that he was necessarily giving her the kind of support she really needed. Tough love wasn't always the answer.

Briar grinned and dipped her head to Ophelia's thanks, replying, "You're very welcome! I'll make sure to pass along the thanks to Lia too for her recipes." She chuckled softly at the big, post feast yawn she saw from her sister before taking another drink of her wine and setting the goblet down in front of her. The question that came next of being tired out from being busy all the time surprised her a little and she considered it for a moment before she replied honestly, "Yes... Sometimes it does." She smiled softly and gave a little shrug. "But it's worth it. I enjoy the work I'm doing here and the wolves I'm doing it for. Everyone here really seems to care about one another and... they didn't have to accept me so readily when I moved in and suddenly became their queen, but... they did. So I want to work hard for them. When I get tired it just feels like I accomplished something and it feels good." She chuckled again with a shy flick of her ears, offering Ophelia another shrug. It felt silly and sappy saying it all out loud, but it was sincere.

Clearing her throat a little bit, she got up and started to move around the kitchen island, nodding toward the door as she looked back to Ophelia. "You look like you could use a nap after the long trip here and that big meal. Would you like to use one of our guest rooms to lay down for a while?"

"Briar Carpathius"