size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

Snake Eyes
05-03-2022, 01:04 AM
Strix walks with his head hanging low, the shame of his recent encounter with the jaguars still stinging. One of them had landed a hit, nothing major just scratches but he was still excepted to seek out his mother. Paws carry him down the familiar hallways toward his mother’s study as he thinks of ways to play it all off. He loves his mother and doesn’t want to worry her. Somehow, he always finds trouble, often feeling as if he is the black sheep of his siblings. Being born in such a large litter is daunting, and he feels like he doesn’t match up to the others; especially Morendo and Revenant.

Heaving a sigh, Strix finally lifts his head, preparing to go into Aliana’s study. His paw steps falter and stops to chew the inside of his cheek for a moment; wondering if he will receive a disappointed look from his mother if he tells her truth. Taking a deep breath, Strix walks forward, poking his head around the partly opened door to call out softly, “Mom? Are you here?” Part of him hopes she isn’t around, then maybe he can disappear from the compound, possible even go and find a rock to crawl under. Right now, all he wants to do is hide away and cry out all his feelings but… he has never been a lucky one.

"Strix Klein"

Aliana

"The Ash and Snow Queen"

Elysium
Nurse

Master Healer (240)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Field Medic Field Medic

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Joe

1KThe Ooze ParticipantPride - Bisexual
06-13-2022, 03:05 AM
Aliana was, of course, in her apothecary study. The clouded queen loved very little more than she did her plants and chemistry, the passion founded by her desire to help others and her time studying it with Siren. Her once modest beginner's garden had flourished and grown into a veritable jungle throughout her study, the walls covered in blooming ivy and a variety of flowers thriving in ceramic pots in the large windowsill. Her cubbies of dried and preserved herbs were filled to the brim, and her fresh garden just outside was also expanding rapidly. She had everything she could ever need, and any herbs she lacked, she knew where to get them from. Hopefully in time, they could cultivate everything on the island so no one would every be without the medicines they needed.

Today, the melodic woman was working on some tonics with those fresh herbs, diluting some lavender down into oil for use in the sleeping aids she crafted for Reila. She had just gotten the oils mixed into the tinctures and was letting them set when the timid voice of one of her sons called out from behind her. Aliana's expression immediately brightened to hear Strix's voice; oh how she loved her six boys with all her heart and soul! "Come on in, darling! I'm by the desk!" she called out to her son, setting down some of the glass vials she'd been preparing. Ali waited until she heard the soft rap of paws on the wooden floor behind her before she glanced over her shoulder to greet Strix. "Hello, Strix, my little sweetheart! How are you-"

Aliana's words died on her tongue when she caught a glimpse of the raw red scratches on Strix's cheek, almost dropping the vial in her paws before she turned in a blur of movement and was suddenly rushing to him. Gentle white paws lifted to carefully manipulate Strix's head, turning it this way and that so she could inspect his injury. "Oh, my sweet baby boy! What happened?!" she asked with a panicked gasp. Someone or something had hurt her child! Ali felt the maternal protective instincts flare up inside her, the usually demure fae feeling anger for the first real time in her life. But more than that, she felt worry and concern. Leaving Strix for just a moment, Ali returned to her desk and began searching for a clean cloth. Once she'd found one, she quickly dabbed the rag with a homemade antiseptic and astringent and hurried back to Strip. "Don't squirm too much, sweetie. This is going to sting a little bit, but it'll get better, okay?" Aliana gently dabbed the damp cloth to Strix's cheek, watching each dab clean the wound more and more.

"Aliana"

As her mate, Chimera may enter any thread Aliana is in.

Strix

Obscura
Champion

Master Fighter (355)

Expert Healer (175)

An icon representing the specialty Unarmed Unarmed

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Hermes

Snake Eyes
07-08-2022, 11:41 PM

The apothecary study that his mother, Aliana, has is as beautiful as it is daunting. Smells of various herbs and concoctions fill Strix’s nose as he peeks in, hoping that his beautiful clouded mother will be out doing… well anything other than be in here. Ah, but fate is not that kind and the boy groans inwardly as she calls out to him, her sweet voice always so full of happiness when one of her sons shows up. Head lowers, eyes downcast to the floor as he shuffles forward, doing his best to hide the set of scratches along his cheek. Of course, she spies them immediately, her trained healer’s eyes spotting them as she glances over her shoulder to greet him.

His mother’s sweet, kind voice dies mid-sentence and Strix looks up to her with shame-filled mismatched eyes. The boy loves his parents and he can see the worry in his clouded mother’s face which only twists the knife of guilt further into his gut. She is there in a moment, gentle paws manipulating his face to get a better look at the small wounds. Suddenly, everything is a flurry of movement, emotion, and semi-panic as his mother questions him and then moves to quickly grab the antiseptic and a clean cloth. The boy tries to soothe his worried, protective mother, saying with gentle reassurance, “Its nothing. Really mom. Dad just… wanted me to make sure they get cleaned.”

Truthfully, Strix wonders if his dad thought that the antiseptic would be more of a punishment then any words he could offer. It seems that luck is laughing at him today as, of the three boys to attack the jaguars, the smallest one had to walk away with scratches. Aliana reappears, a whirlwind of activity and Strix tries to back away from the sting that is soon to come. She tells him not to squirm before quickly moving to dab the stuff onto the open wounds. He hisses, tears springing to his eyes from the sudden pain but Strix does not shy away, standing his ground to allow his mother to work. He decides to talk in hopes that he can ignore the pain, saying, “I was out by the palm trees and I found some mean jaguars that were trying to invade our home.”

Another hiss as the pain suddenly intensifies and Strix has to blink several times to clear his vision before continuing on, “Rev, Ren, and I fought ‘em! We were winning too but uh… dad decided we needed help.” As his mother finishes cleaning the scratches, the boy gives his head a good shake to try and forget the sting. A smile is on his lips as he jokingly says, “Gee mom. What do you put in that? Stuff to cause pain?” Mismatched eyes look to her and, for the first time, he notices that she looks distressed. His boyish grin falls away and Strix moves to press into her, softly saying, “I’m sorry mommy. I didn’t mean to upset you.”

"Strix Klein"

Aliana

"The Ash and Snow Queen"

Elysium
Nurse

Master Healer (240)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Field Medic Field Medic

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Joe

1KThe Ooze ParticipantPride - Bisexual
09-07-2022, 12:05 AM
Just as all of her boys were, Strix tried to downplay the severity of the situation, claiming that it wasn't a big deal. Wasn't a big deal?! Her son had been attacked on their own island home; of course it was a big deal to the worried mother! She tsked her headstrong son and shook her head, doing her best not to pay attention to the way he hissed and recoiled from the antiseptic she dabbed to his cheek. The mother in her didn't like knowing she was hurting him or causing discomfort, but the healer in her knew it had to be done. "Sometimes in order for something to heal properly, it needs to hurt first," Ali explained to her beloved Strix with a tender smile. "This will get those cuts cleaned up, then I'll patch them up for you." At least Chimera had the wherewithal to know to send their children to her for immediate medical attention. As stubborn and pigheaded as her mate could be at times, he was no fool and he was a good father.

While Aliana worked on Strix's face, the boy began to regale her with the tale of how he had obtained such injuries in the first place. When he said "jaguars", Ali felt her heart stop beating for one terrified second. Her knowledge and experience had told her these injuries were caused by a big cat, but did it have to be jaguars? The momentary panic faded from the cloudy queen's face while she finished cleaning and disinfecting her child's wounds, satisfied that they wouldn't become infected. Then she turned and picked up some lamb's ear she'd fashioned into a small banged and smeared it with yarrow paste to help stop the bleeding and seal the wound. "I'm just so relieved you're okay, sweetheart," the calming queen replied with a heavy sigh. Practiced paws applied the bandage to Strix's face, making sure it stayed put before examining her work. "Now, leave that on the cuts for at least until bedtime tonight to let the medicine do its work. You can take it off before your bath."

Strix might have thought he was helping to put his mother's nerves at ease by explaining how his brothers had been there with him before Chimera showed up to save their lives, but all that did was make the cross mother realize she'd have to give two of her other sons a scolding too. Gods be good, they had blessed her with six reckless and brash boys in her life! "Your father was right to step in. Jaguars are extremely dangerous, Strix. Trying to fight them on your own was not a clever thing to do," she scolded her son, her gentle voice missing much of the anger and edge that Chimera's had, but nonetheless getting her message across clear as day. But as worried and upset as she had been, all of that began to fade when Strix gave her those big puppy eyes and slid in to cuddle up to her, his sweet voice apologizing for worrying her.

Aliana took in a deep breath, held it, then let it go. She wrapped her arms around her son, cradling him with all the love a mother could possess while she tried to not let the panic at the thought of losing her children bring her to tears. "It's okay, Strix. I forgive you, and I love you very, very much." She had to make sure she always assured her children that no matter what they did, she would always love them. "Jaguars are very dangerous, my little shadow. They can kill you in a single second. I know, because..." Another deep breath from the queen as haunting memories returned to her. "...because your father had to save me from one when we were younger. A jaguar very nearly killed me too. I only want you to be safe. You and all your brothers."

"Aliana"

As her mate, Chimera may enter any thread Aliana is in.