An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipPride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Legendary
Derby WinnerHomebodyLighting McQueenExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
Halloween 2020 - Haunted House1KBeevent
05-13-2022, 12:42 PM

There was just so much to do, too much for the diplomat's tastes. The new Armada was all hustle and bustle, things being moved back and forth as the pack's infrastructure was laid back into place. Piece by piece. She knew she was expected to play her part but...made a point of skirting around her duties, watching the others work as though she was some supervisor. Put your back into it! No no, that shouldn't go there. Sort of deal. She'd spotted Ophie plodding away, out of sight and mind, and though they weren't alike at all...it was sort of relatable in how they both were put off by this massive change. Nothing would be the same from here on out, they both knew it.

Pausing, Hanako took a moment to pretend to examine a pile of bedding tucked to the side of a cavern. Waiting to be moved. Her nails clicked against the old stone floors as she shifted her weight, considering as she tilted her head. It looked soft and cushy enough, she'd need far more than this to make her own den as comfortable as she deserved, but it'd be a start. Better than nothing.

[Image: dfvjf24-4160f57c-3b2d-47de-b3e1-aa34987f...SqQlFNW-eM]

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
05-14-2022, 05:44 PM

The Warlord was following up a complaint about a wolf that seemed to be doing very little as the heavy lifting went on around them. He dusted off his paws, and made his way into the cavern that was being used for temporary storage. Finding the brightly coloured koi wolf examining some bedding that had been moved to the side temporarily. He leaned against the cavern wolf, and watched a moment as she clicked her claws and pretended to look busy.

“Hanako. “ He said, and there was a hint of amusement in his voice. “I need doors built, cellars dug and walls placed. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. The coats will keep, come with me.” He instructed. Letting her stew for a moment as he moved back out the cavern door, and into the light of the winter's day. “You can have a choice, because I've always been fond of you.” He glanced back at her. There was definitely amusement in his face now. “Do you want to help dig out the cellar, excavate stones for the wall… or bring the news of our move to our allies?”

"Speech"

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipPride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Legendary
05-14-2022, 06:05 PM

Hanako followed him easily enough, even though she knew she'd been busted. Sort of. It's not like it was a secret, really. By now everyone around here knew how she was, what she expected, but had she known people had been complaining she'd be quick to make assumptions. To point the finger. Particularly at one of Azure's younger siblings, that tan one with the personality of an eel. Wholly unpleasant with zapping words, intended to be spiteful just for the sake of it. Just because he could. Azure, without all the charm and power.

Sniffing with an exaggerated air of innocence, Hanako brushed against his shoulder in a show of familial affection. Like everyone else he seemed taller these days too.

"I'm sure you do. I'll be on the lookout for anyone who fits the criteria to help." She shot him a wry little side glance, always appreciative of his dry sense of humour. "Are you sure you just aren't trying to get rid of me? I've served my purpose huh?" She briefly thought of what Mortis had said, that he adored his grandchildren and that ought to be enough. As if that was all she boiled down to. Hmph.  "Well go on then, give me a list of who needs talking to. What I need to say." Her breath clouded in the cold, the light of the day bringing a bright shine to her eyes.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
05-14-2022, 06:21 PM

The Warlords lipped twitched in a smile. Knowing he shouldn’t give her the leeway he did - in the Armada, everybody pulled their weight. But it was true that Hanako had charmed him. At least he could give her the type of job she was suited to. As digging trenches and the like never would be. Once she got back, he could set her to hunting. It would protect her from the judgement of others.

“I’m sure you will.” He agreed, stopping just outside the cavern and looking across the busy pack lands. “Get rid of you? And let the Armada lose its charm? No, Hanako, you're mine.” He flashed her a smile with fangs.

“Let's start with Abaven, Habari, and Fireside. The packs south of us. Give our allies the courtesy of knowing we’ve moved, and Fireside to know that the Armada is building a trading market, a neutral space where wolves might come to find the things they need. In this space, old feuds will be put aside.” He paused, glancing towards the largest warren, the space they will be using for this. “Phrase it as you think best.”

"Speech"

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

05-14-2022, 06:30 PM

Good thing Sirius knew how it was, didn't let the words of others lead him astray. Hanako nodded as he offered instructions, she imagined the list as a whole was longer than that but it certainly was a good place to start. Would get her out of the cold whilst everything was organised, meant she'd come back to everything as it was supposed to be. Ready for her comfort.  

Phrasing wouldn't be super important, it wasn't as though she needed to be spoon-fed. If anyone could spread the word in a way that suited the Armada's best interests then it was Hanako, her shiny title of diplomat coming into play once more. Maybe it'd need a bit of dusting off, but she was sure she'd manage.

"Will do. After talking to them do you want me to come back?"  

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

05-14-2022, 06:49 PM
The Warlord considered it. Did he want her to go straight from those three packs, to the ones in the West? And then to Auster? It would make it a very long journey for Hanako. A long time for her to be outside of their protection, and away from her kids.

“Yes, those three are a good start. I’d like to see how Fireside takes it before we move on. The Hallows and Ashen already know, and I’m in no hurry to tell the rest. Gives us time to finish setting up.” He decided. It wouldn’t do for their allies to turn up where they had been and wonder what had happened to them. It may well leave them feeling slighted.

"Speech"

Hanako

"Helen of Koi"

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Master Navigator (245)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Ali

05-14-2022, 06:58 PM

If he wanted to just start with those three then Hanako wasn't gonna complain, had no intention of making the job any harder than it had to be. She nodded again, knowing full well out of the three packs Habari would probably be the most tedious. Not because of their interpack relationship, the friendly raid had served its purpose, but merely Hanako's distaste for the pack's leader. Bitch of a woman. Ah well, they'd spoken before, talking again wouldn't kill her. Probably, and Sirius had asked nicely enough. She saw no reason to deny him and it certainly was better than menial labour.

"I suppose I ought to start packing then. Make sure Azure doesn't ship off another one of my children, or so help me Sirius. You won't hear the end of it. She meant it as a joke, mostly, but was still more than a little wounded at the loss of her little fire bug. Theory would treat her right and she'd be able to visit her when at Abaven, but she ached all the same. "Anything else?" She took a step to go, to find Lyre to help her gather her things.

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

05-14-2022, 07:03 PM
The Warlord Hadn’t know of the contention between the two mates. It had surprised him that Azure was okay shipping Callie off to Abaven to get her learning from someone else. It surprised him more to learn that Azure had done it without Hanako’s approval. He cleared his throat and solemnly leaned forward to kiss her forehead. Had she gotten smaller? It was hard to tell when everyone seemed small to the Warlord.

“Yes Ma'am” he agreed gently. “I swear it” if he was sending her off on a decent journey, the least he could do was calm her worries. If Azure wanted to send off any of his children, he would have to go through the Warlord. “If you can get an idea what people are interested in trading for, that would be beneficial too” he said as she asked if there was anything else.

"Speech"