size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

OverachieverSamhain 2022Double MasterThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
05-18-2022, 12:40 AM

It had been time to leave the Hallows and while plenty of his family would be going around the same point of time there was really only one he wanted to take the trip back with.  He had found Sirius and asked for him to walk with him for a while on the way home.  The young man was more reserved than his general blunt word.

As they headed to the Bifrost he looked at his father, “Did you know Venom was sending one of her daughters to Elysium for an alliance?”  Ikigai had just informed him and he’d like to think she had just recently learned of it herself.  Under that line of thought maybe dad didn’t know about it but if Venom had planned it far ahead then maybe he did know.  One thing he hadn’t done so far was to admit to his dad about his feelings toward Ikigai.  She’d been his teenage friend and crush but now things were different.

She had been supposed to be part of his future.  In his mind, she had been part of his future.  This wasn’t fair.  Maybe that was a childish and selfish line of thought but damn it she was his princess.  No one else should have her.  He’d like to bite the throat out of whoever touched his princess.

Kotori Fatalis

[Image: HMmbDEu.png]
 [Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker_39.gif]

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
05-22-2022, 03:12 PM

It wasn’t unusual for Kotori to seek him out, and the Warlord always enjoyed a moment with the boy. It was easy for the Warlord to say yes, quickening his pace to even out some space between him and Ko and any others. He could see by the reservation in the other man's shoulders that there was something weighing on his mind.

When Kotori did speak, the direction of the conversation surprised him. Unsure where Kotori was leading with this, he considered the man's words carefully. “I did not, and I’m surprised to hear it.” he would have thought she would want to keep them close after Hattori. Letting Kotori lead the conversation, he said nothing else.

"Speech"

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

05-22-2022, 08:08 PM

Kotori had mentioned to Mort about liking Ikigai once but that had been when he had just started thinking of her as maybe more than a friend.  It had been that exciting secret to share but even then Kotori still hadn’t been thinking as much about his long-term future.  Kotori couldn’t say an exact day when he’d focused so much on a future that included her in it.  Somehow it had just slowly come to be.

“We didn’t see each other overly often,” Kotori in a soft deep tone meant for just their ears.  “but still, they were special.” Kotori imagined the good and bad.  “We met last year, during those long nights.” Another pause, memories floating to the surface like soap bubbles that would pop and disappear a moment later. “I was going to have her be mine.  I was going to ask her to be my mate.” Idiot.  Idiot waiting to speak up.  

“Now she belongs to someone she hasn’t even met.  She won’t be going back to Ashen when she leaves the castle,” Kotori glanced behind them wondering if she’d already left before looking forward again.  Frustration rolled inside his gut as Kotori as all he could blame was himself and no enemy he could just sink his teeth into. “Damn it,” with a soft snarl he added, “She was mine.”

"Kotori Fatalis"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
05-22-2022, 08:33 PM

The boy's next comment told Seer exactly how Venom’s daughter was relevant. He shot a surprised look towards his travel companion. Kotori had gone and gotten a crush, and the Warlord hadn’t realised? The old man was slipping.

He considered Kotori’s words for a long while, walking in silence beside him. Across the land bridge, and into the mainland. His paws were back on grass before he spoke again. “You want her as your own? Then don’t let her go easily, Kotori. That’s the advice I would give you. When you love something, you have to decide if it’s something you need to fight for, or let go. It’s a hard line to find, and a harder one to keep when you decide your course. Letting any of my children go is difficult, but seeing Briar get married… I know I made the right one. Letting your girl go… Which of Venom’s children was it? Kitsune, Ikigai, or Shuriken?” he asked when he released Kotori hadn’t said “-Letting her go, is that something you're going to regret for the rest of your life? Go to Venom. Find out why this trade agreement was struck. See if there is something that the Armada can give them in her place.” He suggested

"Speech"

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

05-22-2022, 10:41 PM

Kotori walked silently soaking in his father’s words, churning what he wanted, and what Iki and Venom wanted in their alliance. “Ikigai,” the name spoken more gently than all the other bits of frustration he’d growled out before.  

“They wanted to have ties in Elysium,” Kotori added with a frustrated sigh, “I imagine that means the only recourse is a different member of their family."  Ikigai had made it sound so damn unchangeable but his dad spoke of him fighting for it.  Was there a way to get Venom to change her mind?  Even if there was would Ikigai be happy with him for it.

The armada could give gifts but if the whole point was wanting someone with Ashen blood over there then Armada had no way of replacing that.  “Of course, I want to fight for it, I would love to fight for her,” His eyes flick to his dad, “but wouldn’t it look bad on ashen to change their deal once it's set?  Iki has a great deal of pride and desire to serve her pack.  Getting what I want would mean ruining what they worked for, right?”  Kotori really didn’t bother worrying about what most others wanted but the woman who had been his princess was an exception.  Did dad see an angle to this he was missing or did he think the future of family was a priority over the alliance terms?

"Kotori Fatalis"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

05-22-2022, 10:54 PM

It was clear from Ko’s response that he had put a lot of thought into this. Why Ashen would give something of importance up in order to have ties to Elysium baffled him. Ashen was the stronger pack, With the Armada and Habari at its call. It would have made more sense for Elysium to have given something to Ashen… and giving away a child baffled the Warlord. He hoarded his children possessively.

“So Ikigai wants this deal to go through, as well?” Poor Kotori, to have found his first crush in such a complicated manner. “You need to decide for yourself what you want to do. Do you want to fight for her, or let her be? You could speak to Venom and see if there were any recourse to be found. For you, there is much I would offer for your happiness.” he had a fleeting thought of Zee given to another, and what he would do in Kotori’s shoes, and was glad he wasn’t. There was no easy answer for his son to be found here. “I did not realise you were courting her.”{/b]

[b]"Speech"

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

05-22-2022, 11:20 PM

All Kotori wanted was for Iki’s Elysium mate to fall of a cliff and never get up again.  Petty? Maybe, but it would still be satisfying. “I’m respecting her choice,” the words bitten out gruffly after another minute.  The horned man had been quizzing himself for answers on what to do next but with his father showing some options, Kotori found it in him to voice the answer he had to go with.

“I hate her decision and the whole of this.  However, one of the things that make her wonderful is her determination to do whatever she feels is best for her pack.  She has a strength that has nothing to do with fighting.  She is every bit a princess in her appearance and strong spirit.  I won’t destroy what she’s set her focus on.” A slow exhale as he had to admit the words to himself, dropping his head a bit.

“So, I’m letting her go because she means so much to me.” Who knew life could be so twisted.  Who knew being a princess could have such a cost to it.  Kotori scoffed slightly at himself. “I was imagining pups, heirs, with her before I even told her of it.  Idiot.  If that other wolf ever hurts her though I’ll gut him.”  Alliances be damned if she was hurt.

"Kotori Fatalis"

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

05-22-2022, 11:30 PM

“I’m respecting her choice,” The Warlord managed to stifle a soft laugh, and unable to help himself, he leaned over and ruffled the fur between the boys horns. As he was prone to do whenever he felt emotions too strong for words with his kiddos. “Who raised you to be so wise, Kotori, it couldn’t have been me” He said fondly, and then fell silent as the young wolf spoke again. Talking about how much he hated her decision, but the lengths he would go to respect her.

He felt for the young man as he spoke those words. He loved Ikiagi enough to let her go, and it was going to cause a whole world of hurt for his Lieutenant. “I won't pretend to know what the right answer is, but the course you’ve chosen is a brave one. It shows that you’ve learnt restraint and honour, even when upholding them is the hardest thing you might ever do.” He couldn’t heal this hurt, but he could let Ko know he was proud of him.

"Speech"