Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
06-06-2022, 11:53 AM
Sometimes, doing nothing was everything. This wasn't one of those times. Wren had already initiated a hunt during her time in Armada, and with little else to do but train and craft, she was going to craft. She didn't know if the pack had any prey that needed enclosures, but she could track and trap a few sheep later. Their wool would be useful for other things.

Like lining dens in the cold north.

Wren dragged a few logs by herself. She gripped them in her teeth and began to roll and push them on top of some other equally long logs. Stones and wood had already been gathered by the young woman previously. Now all she had to do was keep going and make a medium-sized pen. It could house one sheep by itself comfortably.

Or so that was the plan. Not looking up, she huffed and puffed as she began to use mud to secure the logs.

"Speech"
1/3 - build pens for livestock
put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Ruga

Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player

Samhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze Participant
06-06-2022, 02:05 PM

Ruga put down his work with a sigh. The piece he was working on was being particularly stubborn and not quite turning out how he wanted so he decided to leave it for a bit and maybe come back to it later. Leaving his workshop, he walked outside to get a bit of fresh air and stretch his legs that were sore and cramped up from having to work on such fine detail work for so long. He always liked the results of the smaller details and the etching he was working on when it was all said and done, but the work to do it was pretty tiring. As he was walking he spotted one of the women of the pack that he wasn't very familiar with hard at work building something out of logs and mud. His head tipped as he watched her for a moment before finally deciding to walk toward her.

"Want an extra set of paws?" he offered as he approached her, reaching up to help hold the log in place while she placed the mud around them. He looked around at the supplies she had gathered, trying to make sense of what it was she was building. He knew there was this big push to build up the structures and things the pack could use in their new home, which was how his forge had gotten finished so quickly, but this project was still early in its build and he didn't know much outside of blacksmithing. "What're you working on anyway?"

"Ruga Amanto"

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
06-06-2022, 02:14 PM
A voice caught her attention and she looked up to see a large wolf. He offered to assist her with what she was doing. Slapping more muck on the spaces between the logs, she considered his offer before replying. While she didn't need the help, she could also not lug everything around by herself. A conundrum. "Sure, you can pick up one side while I do the other." She nodded to the end of one log that wasn't stacked.

Wren approached the other side, wiping mud off her paws in the snow as she went. "I'm trying to build a pen to keep prey animals" she added to his question "something small or something medium... I thought sheep would be useful for their wool. I'd have to trap one though." She frowned, but had a feeling where they were living in the north. If anything, she could trap rabbits and move them to this pen.

"Oh, I'm Wren... by the way" she glanced his way before dropping her eyes to the log "we just have to put this log on the other two already stacked."

"Speech"
2/3 - build pens for livestock
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Ruga

Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player

06-06-2022, 02:53 PM

He looked to the log she motioned to and nodded in agreement. Easy enough. He was pretty used to moving and hauling wood from having to refuel is forge anyway. He moved around to the end of the log while she explained that she was building a pin to keep prey animals in with the suggestion of keeping sheep for their wool. He hummed at the idea and gave an appreciative nod. He could think of a bunch of different uses for wool in his projects even if he didn't have it on hand all that often. If they had a couple of sheep on hand to sheer that would certainly be handy. Well, maybe lending a paw was going to be beneficial to him after all.

"Ruga," he replied simply when she introduced herself, giving her his name in turn with a dip of his head. Then the attention went back to the log they needed to move and he bent to pick up his end, hoisting it up to place it on top of the other two she had already assembled. He helped to keep it in place, giving her a moment to make sure it was secured well enough before he let go. "Easy enough," he mentioned with a grin. He went to get the next log, keeping things moving to help her make some more progress on this pen. Projects like this always went faster with you had someone to work on it with you, after all.

"Ruga Amanto"

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
06-06-2022, 04:29 PM
"Yeah, it's easy cause I did it this way!" she laughed, pointing out the entirety of the pen. The logs were propped up against the mountain's side, using less wood and stone than a pen made in the centre of the location. It was triangle-shaped and protruding out with space within it for hay and other feed. She stepped back after packing more mud and stone against it to hold the shape and structure. Ruga had made a passing agreeable grunt at her idea.

She smirked at him playfully. "If we made an entire triangle or even a rectangle of a pen... It'd use more materials" she pointed out, sitting down with a huff Wren sounded a bit worried about paws tripping over her pen. Sure, it'd be better to make distractions and such if they were raided but... She didn't want a healer involved. She didn't want to get into shit.

She shook off unease. "But, thank you for helping" the woman added to Ruga, giving the man a nod.

"Speech"
3/3 - build pens for livestock
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Ruga

Somnium

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player

06-06-2022, 05:03 PM

He chuckled softly as she pointed out how it was easier with how she had set it up and he couldn't really disagree. it made the work go a lot faster and let them get everything done with less materials which was always a bonus. Once it was all in place all it was lacking was a sheep or something, but the base work at least was done. She spoke her concerns about someone tripping over it and he gave a little shake of his head. "I think it'll be fine. It's big enough that I don't think anyone could miss it." As she thanked him for his help he gave her a grin and nodded. "No problem. Glad I could help. This was a good break from my work if nothing else." He chuckled, adding, "Good luck with finding something to go in your pen." He got up and started to head back to his workshop, ready to face his temperamental piece of armor again.

"Ruga Amanto"

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
06-06-2022, 05:32 PM
There was little else to say. Both Ruga and Wren were set in their way of working themselves to near death. She could only assume he was the same, but he didn't stick around to idly chat either. She assumed he had more work to do around, maybe he had a higher rank than she? Again, could guess and not know for sure.

Still, the help was appreciated. "I'll be sure to find something for this eyesore!" she replied as a joke, placing a paw on the enclosure and watching him leave. She called out a goodbye to him as she went back to work. Maybe she'd build another? Who knows. Stretching first for good measure, she set her mind back to work mode.

Time to do something else! /end

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me