Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
06-12-2022, 10:25 PM
ooc; Led by a Master Hunter, at least three other pack members (so four total) must track and kill a large prey animal (3 rounds from each participant) on the land they intend to expand into. The prey animal must be something reasonable to this land.

She smelt the ox.

Wren was also quite nervous, leading a patrol of wolves that were also interested in expanding Armada's territory. She barely knew anyone but a few names, and she hoped that they could take direction. She had mastered her skills in such a short time. Maybe they wouldn't want to take orders from a newbie. "I smell a musk ox" she informed the others with her, stopping to allow them to track "we'll track it and surround it. I think it's a bachelor, so it won't have others backing it up."

She let that hang in the air before flicking her tail for them to follow her. Wren led them over the Cove's outskirts. Maybe the ox was here because it was thin snow-wise. They didn't like to be in deep ivory. She glanced downward, spotting tracks and following them. There was no words except for themselves. But she hoped they wouldn't startle their intended prey with chit-chat. Sirius was counting on her, and she feels the weight of responsibility for her new pack's pursuit of more land.

"Speech"
round 1/3 - tracking (musk ox!)
round 2/3 - hunt
round 3/3 - kill
put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

An icon representing the specialty Juggernaut Juggernaut

An icon representing the specialty Mangler Mangler

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

OverachieverSamhain 2022Double MasterThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
06-16-2022, 12:09 AM

Why the hell wasn’t he leading the hunt?  Kotori moved along with the pack, scenting the air himself and wondering why the Ox would want to be on this beach.  Maybe it didn’t think a pack of wolves or other predators would seek it out here.  In the past that had likely been true.  Still, it was unlikely they’d normally find such prey on this land.  It was their lucky day.  Kotori was in the mood to draw blood and this Ox would be the unlucky victim of the horned wolf's inner anger.

As to the wolf leading this hunt, Kotori imagined it was possible dad was giving her a chance to practice leading group hunts and Kotori needed to be here in case she screwed it up.  Well, that soothed his ego.  Really, Kotori had no idea how well the wolf hunted but she had to be decent if Sirius had given her this assignment.

They followed the tracks and the scent itself grew stronger.  Kotori stayed quiet, as much for the sake of the hunt and the fact he had nothing to say.

"Kotori Fatalis"

[Image: HMmbDEu.png]
 [Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker_39.gif]

Grimoire

Armada
Stalker

Expert Fighter (200)

Expert Hunter (120)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon

06-16-2022, 04:39 AM
They had a task to do, and as a newer member of the pack, Grimoire didn't hesitate to prove he was capable despite having never had experience as a pack member until a couple of weeks ago. He was still pretty new to being around others, and even newer at following someone else...he moved quietly behind the one taking the lead. He was often used to hunting his own prey on his own, but in this situation, he needed to learn how to hunt with a pack. It couldn't be that hard, right? He wasn't reckless...usually. And certainly not against the sort of prey they were tracking down.

The woman that was leading them brought them to the cove, an odd place for an ox to be, but then again, stranger things had happened in the past. The Long Nights was an example of one...though he had managed to come out of that unscathed. He didn't bother nor feel the need to talk to any of them during this mission. It would be a mistake to let their prey hear them, and socializing could be done later when he wasn't working. On top of that, he wasn't the small talk sort. So honestly, this sort of setting where he could be focused on the task at hand was preferable for him.

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
06-18-2022, 07:30 PM

Basilisk trotted along with the rest of the group, and glanced over at Wren with a grin. Hunting with her almost felt familiar now, and he was comfortable to follow in her shadow. He knew his father would prefer he be leading the hunt, but wasn’t it just as important to learn how to follow in a group as it was to lead? And besides, Wren had invited him along. He was more than happy to follow his friend into a hunt.

When she spoke, the tallest wolf nodded his head. “Which side should I take?” he whispered back softly as she mentioned surrounding it. He didn’t want to stand on any toes after all. When she flicked her tail for them to follow, he did so. Moving across the unfamiliar territory of the cove as they searched for their prey.

"Speech"

[Image: 2yUYF9E.png]
As his Consort, Ignita can enter any of his threads without warning

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
06-18-2022, 07:41 PM
"Grimoire, can you come with me?" She made the decision to include one of the newer wolves instead of relying on Basilisk and Kotori. She shot the horned man a fleeting grin before her attention turned to the Fatalis wolves. "Basilisk and... Kotori, was it?" she paused briefly, knowing they hadn't met really before now "can you both take the front? We'll chase the ox to you." The smaller wolves would be useful for this.

And it'd worked many, many times before. Why wouldn't it work now? With a decisive nod to all men, Wren lead Grimoire away if he agreed. The pair moved in silence before the ox was seen, grazing on the sparse vegetation in the area along the cove. It moved along the water next, sniffing the surface. "Let's get it" she murmured, stalking closer like her rank's namesake. With a warning growl, Wren dashed at the ox. She aimed a bite at its legs, causing it to stumble away and bellow.

The ox charged away at her prompting it toward Basilisk and Kotori. Now all they had to do was take it down - together.

"Speech"
round 2/3 - hunt
round 3/3 - kill
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

06-21-2022, 12:28 AM

Kotori chose to focus on the scent of the ox and the path they took instead of the wolves with him at first, though Bas did get a sidelong glance at a point.  “How much experience do you have hunting Bas?” It was said with honest curiosity.  He was part of the family and thus of more interest to Kotori.  The pup was a year old now and better have the skills to prove he’d been training hard.  No true Fatalis would fail to learn and those who had failed to make the most of themselves had no right to their family name.

It was good to see the abilities of their stalker and this new member of the pack but Kotori was more interested in family.  When Wren checked she had Kotori’s name right the arrogant prince quirked a brow that she needed to ask.  In the horned wolf’s mind, any member of the pack should know just who he was. “That’s right.  Kotori Fatalis.”  Just in case she didn’t realize he was also Sirius’ son.

She chose to go off with the new wolf and Kotori decided that was perfectly fine.  He and Bas wouldn’t be as close to the water where it was even colder than it was here.  The wind would be worse closer to the water.  Continuing to stand Kotori listened carefully and finally spotted the ox heading towards them. Kotori’s body tenses with a desire to spring but he waits for the prey to move closer.  No need to charge it when the other two wolves would bring the ox straight to them.

Kotori widened the distance between him and Bas, plenty of room for the ox to try and run through.  Once the ox was in close Kotori rushed in, his attention on the prey’s neck, but with a moment’s decision going for a leg instead, snapping teeth into a leg to make sure the ox won’t be able to escape them.  The ox swings its head around with most likely some idea of slamming into the wolf which bit him.  Kotori lets go, taking one stride back just in case but not going far, expecting Bas to make good use of that moment the ox had to slow and look away from the larger wolf.

"Kotori Fatalis"

Grimoire

Armada
Stalker

Expert Fighter (200)

Expert Hunter (120)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon

06-22-2022, 09:46 PM
"Grimoire, can you come with me?" He nodded quietly as he waited to hear what he would be doing. He had joined not too long ago, so the two other males that were here were still complete strangers to him. He only knew their names because Wren had just spoken to them, other than that, he was a stranger among strangers. He observed them quietly, and so far, Kotori's arrogance rubbed the young Ancora the wrong way. Who the fuck cared what his name was? It wouldn't mean shit in the end. Arrogance would be that guy's downfall in the future, no doubt. And he hoped this pack wouldn't make him regret leaving his old life behind. If the rest of the Armada was anything like Kotori, then perhaps he had read Sirius wrong...but he hoped not. Shaking off the thoughts, for now, he followed Wren into position.

He watched the ox for a few moments before Wren gave the signal to move, and without hesitation, Grimoire slipped into action. He chased after the ox, snapping at its heels and the outside of its leg, his teeth scoring a cut or two so as to further confuse the ox as it wouldn't be able to focus on all four of them at once. It was rare that he got to hunt such large game, but the few opportunities he had been able to with other loners, he had learned a lot in how to handle the larger beasts. Driving it towards the water would be the better bet...but he said nothing. Wren was leading, after all. He was just the new kid on the block.

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
06-26-2022, 04:50 PM

He smirked at his uncle at the question. “I guess you haven’t heard, then?” he said, shaking his head with a sigh. “Grandfather declared I eat more then five wolves and need to bring in prey every week - so a fair amount” He explained. A little embarrassed about how hungry he was all the time. But decided his best tactic was to own it. He was bigger than the Dire’s of the pack now, after all.

Basilisk perked up at hearing how he and his uncle would take the front. That would mean wrestling their prey, and that sounded fine to him. He knew his size would come in handy for these parts of a hunt. As Wren led Grimoire away, he turned his attention to Kotori, curious if the other wolf would try to take control of the group of two. There was a hint of competition in his eyes. The young Fatalis wolf had a lot to prove, after all.

Kotori moved off, and the younger wolf kept pace beside him. Splitting off wordlessly to separate sections to enlarge their killing floor as they waited for the ox to be driven towards them. They didn’t have to wait long before it was charging down towards them, and the boy tensed, waiting for his chance to strike.

"Speech"

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lackadaisy

Vengeance
06-26-2022, 05:08 PM
Who the hell cared what surname Kotori had? It wasn't like she was going to address him as Mister Kotori Fatalias every damn time she saw him. That was a mouthful, and she had better things to do with her time. While she was irked at his attitude like Grimoire seemed to be, she moved away and ignored him. The ox was more important than petty squabbles about rank and name and such. The hunt seemed to be going smoothly anyway. With the prey chased toward the two larger wolves, Wren felt easily less irritable.

Basilisk and Kotori were waiting, but she didn't expect them to do all the work. She launched herself at the ox's hindquarters, snarling and grabbing hold of one leg. She yanked, making the animal stumble and grasp at proverbial straws to keep elevated. But the combined weight of all wolves and the bites, wounds...? Well, the animal lay dead soon enough. Wren stood nearby as the ox bellowed the last breath. She huffed before she looked up at them all. "Good job" she said to them "we should take this back to camp."

There was little need to say anything else. The pack was waiting for more food, and expanding their hunting grounds seemed the best bet for more members. /exit

"Speech"
round 2/3 - hunt
round 3/3 - kill
DONE!
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Basilisk

Armada
Warlord

Master Fighter (245)

Master Hunter (240)

gems
size
Paleo species
build
Balanced
player
Seadragoness

Samhain 2022
06-26-2022, 05:21 PM

He, like Kotori, heard when the prey was driven towards them. As it approached and Kotori started to move, Basilisk moved as well. Aiming for the other side of the Ox so that it was crammed between the two large wolves. Kotori went for a leg, and Basilisk heard the sound of breaking. As the ox turned its head towards the wolf hurting it, the largest wolf in the party hit the ox. Colliding hard with it, he snapped his teeth around its neck, and yanked. Pulling its head away from Kotori as he tried to drive it into the ground.

As it was attacked from, behind it bellowed in rage, and its legs gave out. Basilisk went in for the kill and snapped his teeth around its throat, attempting to rip it out with his elongated fangs. Not a bad hunt for a group of wolves not familiar with working together. Wren had led them well.

"Speech"

Kotori

Loner

Master Fighter (340)

Master Hunter (330)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
Shard

06-26-2022, 06:29 PM

Kotori had planned to get another bite in after the leg but the animal was being taken down easily, which made sense considering the number of wolves that went after it.  Wren had helped off balance it and the giant Bas was enough to take it down the rest of the way.  When the animal was down Kotori use his horns to cut into its stomach.  This wasn’t about killing it but helping to get more of the blood out quicker.  Less blood in it would make it easier to carry back.

Something of Wren congratulating them as a group irked Kotori.  He didn’t need her damn approval, hell Bas shouldn’t need it either.  She could approve of the new wolf.  His gaze turned to Bas, nodding, “Well done.  If your dad hasn’t seen you hunt you should go out with him.  Your father isn't the kind to be impressed easily but if you did as well as you did today, I bet he would be..”   Kotori's words had a formal note to it, true facts and not some ramblings of something as meaningless as a friend.

"Kotori Fatalis"

Grimoire

Armada
Stalker

Expert Fighter (200)

Expert Hunter (120)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Dragon

06-28-2022, 05:26 PM
He ran along behind the ox while the other two wolves took point. The ox would have no chance with the four of them, especially with the blue-marked wolf that was definitely the tallest wolf he'd ever seen. Hell, he didn't even know wolves could grow that big! Definitely more impressive than whatever the arrogant guy had going for him, that was for sure.
Ah, but the hunt. Wren went after a leg, the others did their thing, and Grimoire would lower his head and swipe at the ox's other leg and the tendons on it with his horns, cutting them open and swiping with his claws at its hindquarters as it slowed. It bellowed in pain and was slowing, until eventually...it stopped and fell still.

The job was done with Wren telling them they did a good job, but Grimoire wasn't here for praise. The hunt was done, and they just needed to part it up and get it back. He wanted to get his cut and get back to his den so he could store it properly. Smoked ox didn't sound half bad.