Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
06-21-2022, 12:28 AM
The Warlord was spending a lot of time by the central firepit. Despite the heat his den produced, he liked the warmth of the flame. He liked to be here, reachable to his pack. Approachable. It was also a good place to work on making whatever contraption he felt like. Today, he was mucking around with the trap that Wren had given him.

She had used it to catch a pheasant, and at least for a time it had been a life after the trap had gone off. He didn’t want to injure the birds if he did decide to catch the birds. He turned it over in his paws a few times, considering it.

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
06-21-2022, 08:03 PM
"Any luck?"

Wren saw the trap and saw Sirius with it. She approached her alpha-mentor, curiously looking at the item and back. Not much had changed for her lately, Armada included. She was, however, a master of the hunt now. With Basilisk, Sirius, and more helping her along that path... It was time to include fighting in it. She wanted to at least go against some Armada folks before she left for leadership pastures.

"I've noticed we haven't gotten new animals" she ventured, tilting her head "I can still catch a few sheep, and help with the pheasants if you like?" She moved a bit closer, circling the trap "baiting it and being fast enough to cut the line would save the prey. But I think we could do more with a proper live trap." A cage, for one.

She trailed off, allowing Sirius to speak.

"she speaks"

put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
06-26-2022, 12:21 AM

He heard the sound of paw steps, but didn’t glance up until the owner spoke. When he did so, she was almost upon him, and he would meet her warm blue gaze with a similar shade of his own. He offered the younger wolf a warm smile. “Some. Mostly just studying it and considering ways to improve it.” He explained. He did love to take things apart, and crafting had always been a hobby of the old wolf.

He inclined his head at her comment. “We’ve prioritised the walls. The safety of the pack comes first, but animals for the pens would be welcome indeed.” He agreed. “A cage would need to be large and sturdy, I was hoping for something small and compact. If it had support where it closed against the creatures necks, so it couldn't fully enclose and only hold them, it might work.” He said, explaining some of this thought process.

"Speech"

Art by Salt

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
06-26-2022, 12:30 AM
"I've noticed" Wren commented on the wall building "didn't want to get in the way, if you had wolves working on it already" she confessed "hence me asking about the, uh, trapping." She didn't sound sheepish though. Maybe confidence was building up, bubbling to the surface. She wanted to do as much as possible for Armada before leaving the pack.

She pondered his thinking. "A wooden cage would be easy to make and hold small game" Rabbits, pheasants... "we could make a rope holding up one end and spring it, or pull it when the prey enters the cage" But Wren knew a bigger cage would take more work, more resources... "that'd work for small animals to trap" It didn't solve Sirius' problems though "I admit I haven't done or seen it done on bigger animals to trap, or even kill them."

So, she couldn't exactly help. Experimenting might be best.

"she speaks"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

06-26-2022, 12:36 AM

The Warlord offered her a soft smile. “You're not in the way, Wren.” He promised her. “Any help is good for the pack” He said with a wry chuckle. He was always happy when the wolves of the pack showed the initiative to contribute. “It would be good for small creatures, if you want to have a go lashing some sticks together?” he suggested. Perhaps she could work on that while he worked on the other trap. Then they could experiment with what they had.

He looked the trap over in his paws a couple more times, considering what he could do to support the part of the trap that closed about an animals neck.

"Speech"

Art by Salt

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
06-26-2022, 12:24 PM
She gave him a wry, but amused grin.

"Looking to work me to the bone before I leave?" Wren joked with the alpha "can't say I disagree with that. I am a good little worker bee" She chuckled as she moved closer, gathering materials for the cage "if you put a stick or some sort of... stopping point" she reached to tap the trap on the catgut loop "there, you can make sure the air isn't completely cut off. I think it'd work, but also hold the animal in place."

If they did that with a stick woven into the catgut loop, the animal would still struggle but wouldn't have its air cut off. It'd be a bit of slack with the stick between the trap and its throat. "I'll need more materials for the cage..." she murmured, frowning down at her half-asses effort so far. She had a bit of a wall with 'bars' parted to reveal the catch. "it's a good thing I'll be making a guild" She commented to Sirius "I can't afford to lay down and die on my laurels. I need to keep working. Improving..."

Maybe she could make the world a better place in the short run.

"she speaks"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me