gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

Dream WeaverSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipVengeanceUnderachieverDouble Master
OverachieverHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethOoh La La1KCritical Fail!
Critical Attack!The Ooze Participant
06-29-2022, 10:55 AM
Ever since he and his siblings had turned the ripe age of one, there had been something on Ghoul's mind. Sometimes tossed to the side when he was training with Macabre or spending stolen time with his new interest, Edelweiss, it was still there. Lingering in the back of his thoughts. One day, he wanted to be heir and if that was going to happen, he needed to get a move on. Kali was alright in his opinion, very diplomatic and regal, but Ghoul knew he could do better. He could make Recluse proud like none of her other offspring had done before.

Taking no more time to wait, while the mountainside seemed quiet and the blanket of night lingered over him, Ghoul made his way toward Recluse's shared den with Eraithus. It would be the first place for him to check as she might still be waking up after her daytime slumber. Pausing by the entrance at a respectful distance, the pale boy let out a warm but noted chuff. One that would clue his mother in that he had something important to discuss with her. Shifting the weight between his paws while he waited, his ruby eyes drifted up toward the moon.

G H O U L

Recluse

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! UnderachieverSnake EyesVengeance
Pride - Bisexual
07-04-2022, 07:23 PM

Recluse would always make time for her children, if and when they needed her. Luckily for Ghoul, she had more time than usual on her paws, Eraithus had started to take on more duties to make up for the fact that Recluse's physical abilities were becoming more and more limited as her pregnancy progressed, so with her husband helping to take over she had the free time to offer to her children. Especially first thing in the evening. She was awake already, having only wished her husband a good night as he'd set off, and she'd taken the time to stretch and leisurely work herself out of bed so when Ghoul's chuff reached her she was already on her paws.

With a gentle smile on her face the woman would emerge from her newest den, cherry gaze immediately searching for her son. ”Ghoul,” she said cheerfully, "what can I do for you love?” She asked as she approached, leaning forward to give him a quick kiss on his cheek before settling down to listen to whatever it was her son had to say.

”Speech”  ’Thought’

[Image: lQPmFy0.png]
 Recluse is an M rated character, thread at own risk.
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Ghoul

"Sore Loser"

Loner

Master Hunter (305)

Master Fighter (440)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

OverachieverHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethOoh La La1KCritical Fail!
07-05-2022, 01:57 PM

Waiting for the albino Queen did not take long. Casting his ruby gaze back to the den opening when he heard the scuffle of her paws against the stone, his own smile lifted on his lips. Stepping forward quickly to meet her, Ghoul leaned in slightly to the quick peck of affection before settling onto his haunches. Not wanting his mother to stress too much, he was glad she had made herself comfortable. While he was indifferent about having pups roaming around that might lead to possible competition in the future, he cared too much for Recluse to not be happy for her.

"I believe it is time for me to start showing my worth," the boy had thought, mulled over, and chosen these words so carefully. Now was the time for him not to screw up. "I know I am still young, but I believe I might be a good fit for Cherubim," there was a pause after this sentence as he regarded her, wondering what her reaction would be. "The other ranks are nice, and I would excel at anything you give me, except I want more. I want to be there for you, for the pack, to help decide the future of Habari," his ruby eyes never stray from Recluse as he sits as straight and proper as he can manage.

Would she be proud of him? Would she think it's a good idea? Already, his heart pattered in his chest as he tried his best not to word vomit. He also didn't want to openly talk down about his other siblings. Except, really, the others weren't around. Even when he thought about his older siblings, he never really saw them much. Not even Kali showed her face much anymore. All Ghoul wanted was a chance, but he would not dare grovel at her paws. If she didn't see him fit, that would be her decision.

Recluse

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! UnderachieverSnake EyesVengeance
Pride - Bisexual
07-10-2022, 05:24 PM

For all her children might worry about her opinions on their lives and passions the truth was that Recluse simply wanted them to be happy... Or, well maybe that was an over simplification, certainly, there were things she would not take nearly as well, becoming fratricidal for instance but which of her children did or did not have designs for Habari's throne was not something she worried over much, she certainly hoped she they knew well enough that she expected any attempt for Cherubim to not be a free ride and that she would not give preferential treatment based on age or length of time holding the rank, and it seemed that if Kali had forgotten this she was about to be reminded.

Ghoul spoke and despite herself the woman couldn't help but smile, to see her quiet little boy who'd followed so closely after her for so long starting to express himself, but for this desire, in particular, felt amazing, a lovely reminder that while she would never again be able to hold him close to her and wrap herself around him until he disappeared into her fur, that she had traded that for something just as valuable, seeing him turn into a proper young man.

”As you're aware the rank of Cherubim is currently held by your older sister Kali, I would not strip her of it until she has had some chance to defend her claim to it. That being said, the challenge need not be an actual fight. Learn, take the initiative to help your pack, to grow yourself, if Kali wishes to keep her claim she will be forced to match your efforts at least. Or if you wish you may call for your sister to defend her rank by traditional means.” Though she said this in truth Recluse had some idea of how this would go, her brown and gold daughter had been scarcer as of late and she certainly would not continue to let her coast by if Ghoul's ambitions were true.

”You may set your own pace as you wish, I may call on both one or both of you for important meetings, of your opinions, it will be your prerogative to either take those opportunities or not but remember that at the end of the day it is my final call, and I will always choose what I think is best for Habari.” She watched her son carefully, she would refuse to play favorites at the expense of Habari, if it turned out he was not up for the challenge he would not win the position he sought even if Kali was proving to be lagging behind, she would rather vacate the rank of both of them if need be than give to it to an heir found wanting. Though she hoped she would not have to. How would he take this? If the possibility of his own failure was too much, if he reacted poorly that would tell her more than enough before she even let him go to ponder her words.

”Speech”  ’Thought’

Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Ghoul

"Sore Loser"

Loner

Master Hunter (305)

Master Fighter (440)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

07-11-2022, 08:30 AM

The smile Recluse gave him made him hopeful. At least she wasn't scowling or automatically dismissing him. This was a good sign and he couldn't help but let out a tiny sigh of relief. Had he really been holding his breath during those few beats of silence before his mother started talking? It was with certainty and diligence that he listened to her speak. His ruby gaze never left her as both ears pressed forward to hear every word. Ghoul soaked it in until it seeped into his bones. Knowing now that there was a way to be crowned Cherubim without having to duke it out with Kali was almost a relief. Not that he would turn away a good match, he surely didn't agree with that being the best way to keep a rank.

Fighting skills were one thing and those he had, but being the heir to Habari was more than spilling blood. As Recluse had mentioned, Ghoul agreed with a nod of his chin. He would be willing to attend any meeting, visit any pack, scout, babysit, whatever she called on him for to show he was worthy of it. Truly, it was the best way to keep himself close to Habari and also seek his own bit of self-fulfillment. Habari, his family, and his mother were everything to him. He wanted to reach out and embrace her until she was swallowed up in his fur, but knew it wasn't the time.

Clearing his throat, Ghoul finally returned Recluse's smile. "I wish to seek out obtaining the rank through my efforts before we turn to bloodshed," his tone was even and his words were precise as he fought to hide the feeling of excitement. She hadn't outright given him the title, but instead had opened the door to allow him to try for it. "If Kali wishes to go about in the traditional way, I won't back down," Ghoul's shoulders shrug before he cannot resist and stands up to take a step closer to Recluse. Reaching a paw out to wrap it around her shoulder, he curls his chin around the other side in a rather large hug.

"Thank you, mother. Whenever you need me, I will be there to try my best," the boy mumbled into her fur before pulling back with a smirk. "Or is it Recluse now? Or do you prefer Seraphim?" Ghoul joked as his eyes crinkled around the corners. Would she be sad to see him growing up? He secretly hoped he would always be allowed to call her mom, but knew in serious situations it wouldn't be allowed. He had a lot to learn from here on out and he couldn't wait to see what the future held.

Recluse

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Pride - Bisexual
07-25-2022, 04:13 PM

Recluse nodded thoughtfully. She was a little impressed by Ghoul's patience. She had no doubt that some of her other children would have jumped at the chance to prove themselves quickly and with violence, but while proving yourself capable of holding your own was undoubtedly important for an alpha there was more to leading than strength, and she was happy to see her son seemed to understand that. She leaned into his hug, wrapping one of her own forelegs around him and chuckled when he posed her another question.

”Regardless of how old you get or what rank you hold you'll always be my son, and I'll always be your mother.” She said softly, a slightly teasing tone entering her voice as she continued to speak. ”And if you call me Recluse I will prove I can take you out of this world just as easily as I brought you into it.” She never would of course but she hoped that regardless of what her son achieved that she'd never lose the ability to call him her son, she would always love him as that after all.

”If there's a rank you'd like in the interim let me know, otherwise you'll be in the Ishim rank, until such time as either you prevail or fail in your endavour.”

”Speech”  ’Thought’