Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
06-29-2022, 07:22 PM

The Warlord rose early and made his way down to the centre of the pack. First on his list of things to do today, was to grab Wren and walk her through some basics. She had been in leadership positions before, so he wouldn’t take the same tactics as he took with Art. Who had been a child with no experience behind him.

He would need to consider what Wren already knew, and go from there. Likely what she would benefit from the most would be meeting the alphas in his alliances. But that was something he would lead up to.

As he reached the central firepit, he called out for Wren, standing at the ready for the other wolf to arrive.

"Speech"

Art by Salt

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
06-29-2022, 07:49 PM
"Sirius!"

Wren greeted him with a huge yawn. She had been outside the territory for a few days, coming back to hunt and patrol where needed. It was time to tell him of the news; she had recruited a few wolves already. Promising members with their hopes and dreams available. She tried to walk as patiently as possible, before abandoning all hope there and rushing to stand in front of him.

"I found a place nearby" she informed him with excitement "a-and wolves! They want to join. Healers, fighters... Even hunters and scouts" Wren grinned, tail wagging "I'd like to stay up north so the Gorge north of here seems good for dens and stuff" But it was really up to Armada since they'd be sharing the north. She stared at him.

"O-Oh. Uh. Sorry. I got a bit excited." She grinned sheepishly "you called me?"

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
06-29-2022, 08:10 PM

The Warlord chuckled softly as Wren rushed towards him. She looked excited and like she had much to tell. It wasn’t long before she was sharing all. Telling him of the wolves she had found, and places she had scouted. “It sounds like you’ve been busy” The Warlord said. “I’m glad to hear you’ve found wolves to join you. If they are willing to pull their weight, they can stay in the Armada territory until you are ready” He suggested. Willing to help bring them together, but not feed the wolves she had found if they didn’t contribute to the pack.

As for the Gorge… “That’s close to the Armada, but there's still a mountain between us, giving us some space. The Armada moved to the North specifically because of the crowding of packs around us” he admitted with a soft chuckle. “Let's take a look at your gorge, and go over what I called you for” he suggested

"Speech"

Art by Salt

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
06-29-2022, 08:18 PM
She blinked, confused and delighted by the offer.

"If you're sure about that, I'll let some of them know" But Wren wasn't going to bombard Armada with her vagabonds - especially if they started to get fat and lazy! "I thought of the Gorge, because... I doubt I want to stop my lessons right away if I get a pack" She looked hopefully at him "we'd be allies still, friends... I'd want to be close by in this... baby-pack. At least at first." So they could help each other out, maybe.

"If a location opens up, we'd leave for greener pastures" Wren assured him "but the Gorge is fruitful, nice and loamy soil for healers..." She trailed off, beginning to lead him to the edge of the Col "and plenty of hunting, privacy too" she added over her shoulder, falling behind as she let him lead her "I mean, it's really okay if you want us somewhere else. I just... liked the location." But locations could change! She let Sirius talk, falling silent.

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

06-29-2022, 08:23 PM

He inclined his head to show he was certain. The Armada was expanding, and they would have the space for them. “I’ll set up a den for them, in fact the perfect den would be the one facing the beach. It’ll eventually be a training area for the pack. But for now, it’s decent sized to hold your wolves. I can set up coats in there, and you can be in charge of organising them. It’ll be good practice” he teased.

Getting to his feet, he began to move towards the Gorge, prepared to scout it out with her. “You’ll have my protection - and my friendship.” He promised her, understanding her concerns. The fledgling pack would grow under her, and he would catch her if he needed to. The Warlord wasn’t opposed to being a safety net.

He followed her to the edge of the Col. “Then it sounds like a good place to start. If your pack grows, you could always look at expanding or moving somewhere that gives your pack more room to grow as well. Whatever you decide to do, I’m sure an alliance between us will hold strong.”

"Speech"

Art by Salt

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
06-29-2022, 08:33 PM
Good.

He didn't take offense, being an umbrella to shield the pack. Not entirely from harm, but enough so it could stand on its own wobbly legs. She gave a nod as she followed after him, coming to the edge of the Armada's main source of power. "Then I'll let them know they'll have to pull their weight until we're official." Tanelan, Voodoo, Beauregard, Mercury, Sybil. All wonderful additions to any pack.

"I don't plan on weaseling out on an alliance" Wren remarked to Sirius "I've repaid your grandson's friendship, and I will repay your hospitality and lessons." But what did he want to talk about? She turned to face him, lifting a brow. Willing him to continue wordlessly. He probably had words about Armada's alliances. Unaware one had fallen, Abaven, she could only listen to what wisdom he had to share.

But before that, she added quickly. "A wolf from my previous land... He stumbled into the Marketplace. Mercury. He's going to join my pack, but he needs a healer to look at him. I think he's in shock, and he has some wounds that need to be tended to. I asked him to stay on the outskirts of Armada. If your healers can help him, I'd appreciate it."

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

06-29-2022, 08:54 PM

“I’ll send a healer to see him. You can get him settled into the den I mentioned, if you like” he suggested. They had reached the end of the Col, and started to head around the mountain towards the Gorge now. “I was going to start with filling you in on the Alphas that live in these lands.” He explained. He had listed the names of the packs to her when she had first joined, and told her a little of The Pirates and Fireside. Now, he would tell her of their allies. “The Hallows is led by my Daughter and son in law, down in Auster. I’ll likely introduce you to them first. The Hallows is a good pack, and Art a good wolf to have on your side.” He started. “Next is Ashen, and i’ll take you to meet Venom when we have a chance. They are our closest allies - I was a part of their wolf before I made the Armada. Much like you are part of mine. “ He explained.

They were skirting the edge of the red forest now, and it wouldn’t be long before they arrived at the gorge. “Venom…” He paused. How did one describe the daughter he wished had been his? “She’s strong and noble.” He said. “Ashen’s been around a long time now, so she may have some good advice to share” He said as they arrived at the Gorge. “Want to show me around?”

"Speech"

Art by Salt

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
06-29-2022, 10:25 PM
Upon a time, Wren would think it was funny. The population littered with just Kleins and Fatalis's land, sprinkled with outsiders. She would have laughed, but now she felt the weight of doing what she needed to do. For herself and the wolves that promised to join her. Would there be a place in these heavily close families? "I met a wolf" she recalled "named Voodoo Klein. Said she was part of Habari, staying in Abaven's school..." she furrowed her brow, trying to call the words and information "she mentioned a wolf named Deathbelle Klein, her mother. Said she founded Ashen. I assume Venom is Deathbelle's daughter?"

She left out the part of Voodoo informing her that Sirius had been a guard. Frankly, she didn't care about that. It made her feel humbled, knowing at least one alpha didn't come from such stock. "Oh, yeah" she ventured closer, taking the lead into the Gorge "see, the earth has a lot of nutrients" she pointed out, patting the ground "and the herbs won't die so easily in heavy winter" She glanced around, the Gorge surrounded and cut off from the harsh weather "Menagerie" she added to Sirius "t...that's the name I chose for the pack." A pause before.

"What is your daughter's name?" an important question, if she was to meet the queen of the Hallows.

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

06-29-2022, 11:43 PM

The Warlord winced at hearing the name of the wolf that had dominated his childhood. His one time lover, and the one he had at one time thought he was destined to be beside forever. He smoothed out his features, turning away for a moment. “Correct. The place of our birth was destroyed, and she brought many of the Kleins over to this land. She founded Ashen, and released me to make the Armada.” He said, his voice neutral. As he gave her a little more of the history of Ashen, and how it entertwined with his own.

The Warlord eyed the ground, knowing less about the requirements for growing things then healers. But even he could see there was life to it. “Menagerie. I like it. Do you plan on gathering a range of diverse wolves?” he asked with a half smile as he moved his paw back under him. “My daughter in the Hallows is Briar.” He said, speaking her name with fondness.

"Speech"

Art by Salt

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
06-30-2022, 12:25 AM
She would dare to take a chance.

Not a big one, but one to solidify a good friendship and not just an alliance. "I know what it's like" Wren murmured, noticing the way Sirius flinched at Deathbelle's name "I... the alpha I pledged myself to. I loved him" She bit back an annoyed sigh, annoyed at herself "not right away. But over seasons. I became devoted to him as more than an alpha, even a friend. I fought for his pack against two invasions. I protected his kids in war, born from an absent mother. Hell, I tried to relate to them like I wanted to be their mother."

Wren smiled thinly, bitterly. "It hurt because... I assumed he liked me back. That he respected me. In the end, he threw me away. Nothing ever came to be between us. Maybe nothing ever would have" Nothing intimate, nor physical. Just the pirate's jokes and carefree attitude he showed to everyone "but I know where I stand with him. If he survived, fine. But if not, I won't weep over him. Not anymore." She had already wept and yelled and screamed. She had done her time with the pirate and now sought to move on.

"That's why I want to make a pack. I don't want to be led. I want to lead. I want to take charge of my own life. Deathbelle released you to do the same thing? I never got that chance. I'm taking it now."

But she had more to say as she showed him around. "I want to gather wolves that don't... fit in. With a bit of elbow grease, they can be great. I already believe in their potential. We'll all work together, like a big old strange family" Wren shot Sirius a cheerful but amused grin "and I'll make sure to meet Briar when... the time is right."

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

06-30-2022, 01:21 AM

His expression softened as Wren read the pain in his expression, and opened up to him. Telling him about the Alpha she had loved and fought for. He could see some similarities in their stories, only Sirius was the villain of his. He had broken Deathbelles heart. Not once, but twice. “I’m sorry for the loss of the man you believed him to be” He said softly, and pushed down the feelings of regret and sadness Deathbelles name left in him, and concentrated on Wren. The feeling of betrayal she must have felt… he wondered if Deathbelle had felt the same. He couldn’t do anything for his lost flame now, but he could help Wren grow to her potential.

“It sounds like you're really solidifying what you want from a pack. I look forward to seeing you grow into this pack, Wren.” He said, moving further into the gorge. “The high ridges would be difficult to defend, I recommend you put your border at the edge of this forest, instead of the gorge itself.” He suggested as they moved through the spacious bowl-like territory.

"Speech"

Art by Salt

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
06-30-2022, 12:16 PM
"I'll get over it."

She had to, else she'd never move forward with her life. Wren shot the other a grateful look all the same, for his words. While it'd be a while before they felt like comfort, she appreciated them. "Oh, yeah" she looked toward the Red Forest "I did scout here a few times for Armada" she pointed an olive colored nose there "if we wanted to expand, we could include the woods. Then we can put our markings somewhere further too."

She moved along with Sirius. "I hope you won't miss me too much" she joked "you and Basilisk are always free to come on over and visit" Mountain between them or not "I gotta tell him the news..." Wren trailed off, having not found the time since expanding the Armada. They always seemed to miss each other "but I have all spring to do that." She added with an uneasy grin. That'd be a good conversation, right?

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-05-2022, 08:01 PM

Taking the red forest would put them right up against the Armada. He would need to discuss that with Azure, as well. Since he and his co alpha had taken the move to the North in order to free themselves from the grid lock of packs they had found themselves surrounded by.

“I expect you wont get a chance to miss me” He teased Wren lightly. He intended to keep an eye on her as her budding pack began. He wanted to see them succeed. She mentioned having all of Spring, and he knew things were moving quickly. She would be ready before he knew it. “I want you to think of a gift to bring, and then I’ll take you to meet some of the packs that we are allied with. If your wolves can spare you that long?” He said, glancing out across the horizon as he considered which packs to start with.

"Speech"

Art by Salt

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
07-05-2022, 08:29 PM
"We can go somewhere else, though."

Wren didn't miss the concerned look in his eyes when she spoke of the Red Forest "You were here first, even if we're allied" She merely assumed it'd be a good idea to be close to Armada and have great hunting. Nobody would balk if Armada wolves chased prey into Menagerie land, she'd see to that. They didn't need to fight over borders. She also would see to that "but I haven't scouted anywhere else, so I'm open to ideas."

The Gorge seemed the best spot. She wouldn't budge an inch on that. She nodded at his question. "They know I'm always moving around!" Wren replied easily "and I need to think..." She had only thought about it on the spot though. Something educational for Abaven. She screwed up her face "what does the Hallows like? Uh, it would be nice to get something for Briar... I don't know her at all, but Armada and the Hallows have shared blood through her."

Therefore, gifting a queen something was seen as a gesture of goodwill.

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-05-2022, 08:38 PM

The Warlord gave her a kind smile. “There's plenty of time for you to decide, but I would be remiss if I didn’t speak to the wolf that leads beside me.” He explained. It would be hard to explain to Azure that he had led the entire pack on a difficult move, only to grid lock them in again. He would like the Champion's opinion before he spoke any further on it to Wren.

“The Hollows are a pack that like to offer aid, and care for those around them. Briar is a beautiful fawn-coloured wolf with antlers and a braided tail. I often bring them wine from our stores so they can sample different batches.” he said, giving them some idea of the wolves they planned to meet.

"Speech"

Art by Salt

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
07-05-2022, 08:51 PM
"I get it."

She didn't say it curtly, giving a nod of understanding to him. From what Mortis said of Azure, she didn't think Sirius' son would be as welcoming or even as kind. She might as well try to find somewhere else for the border, keeping a backup if possible. While there was a mountain between them, Gorge to Coil, she had to think about it more.

"Maybe... a dried flower bouquet?" She had seen wolves press flowers to keep them "and a bottle of nice wine" Offering aid, liked to help... She could only think about what to give a healer "I don't know how to make wine" she confessed with some worry "but I could make a flower crown, pressed and preserved." Make it pretty.

She pondered. "What is the king like?" If she presented a crown of flowers to Briar, she had to give something to their king, right?

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-05-2022, 08:58 PM

Seer tapped a paw in thought for a moment, considering her options. “I’ve heard Mortis was attempting to make some elderberry wine. Perhaps you could see if he’ll spare some for you?” he suggested, knowing Mortis wasn’t one to say no. His lips turning up lightly in the corner. She was considering her gifts, and he was happy to take part in her brainstorm. “A dried flower bouquet would likely be well received” he agreed.

“Artorias is a warrior. He wields a sword, and lives in a castle.” He chuckled in fond amusement at the picture that was likely to give of his son in law. “Perhaps some oiling clothes or the like?” he suggested.

"Speech"

Art by Salt

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
07-06-2022, 02:48 PM
So. The son in law was some sort of knightly guy. She frowned, deep in thought. A dried flower bouquet for Briar and some oils for his sword, along with a nice cleaning cloth. She could do that. "Oh, Mortis" she piped up, glad to recognize someone's name that she actually talked to "if he can't, I can ask him how to make some. We could do it together, if he's not busy." She flashed Sirius a grin.

"I think I know what to get them" she informed the Warlord "and Abaven" Because unknown to them, the pack would fall before they visited properly. It would be a shame, and a missed opportunity "maybe something educational, for their students and their teachers." Wren had planned on playing to her strengths and displaying a training dummy. It could be useful for showing weak spots, practicing hunting...

"Shall we head back?" she asked, knowing their work - or lesson - was done now.

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me