Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
06-29-2022, 10:16 PM
Armada was going to house the members of Menagerie until the pack formed officially, and with that in mind Wren decided to travel back to the Gorge. Most of the wolves she had recruited had been found north, so she didn't bother calling out to them in other locations. However, to her surprise it wasn't the members that promised themselves that she found but a wolf she hadn't seen in a while. "Sybil."

Wren approached the pale girl, smiling politely. "How've you been?" she asked as she stopped a short distance away. Last time they had shared a fish and words. It had been one of the first encounters she had in Boreas, even Auster, and she looked back on it rather fondly "found a place yet?" Her mind had been worried about Sybil, being all alone in the wild. Wren had a feeling she preferred other wolves to hunt for her too.

Not many of those around.

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Sybil

Loner

Intermediate Intellectual (30)

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
halfawyrm

Pride - Bisexual
06-29-2022, 11:06 PM

It'd been a while since Sybil met anyone on her wanderings, but she was content with the quiet it offered her. continuing her travels north, she had come across the gorge and traveled along side it, the whistling winds a background melody to her contemplation. Spring was on the horizon, she could feel it in her bones. She was looking forward to it, despite herself. Some warmth for a lost pup, finally.

Howling of the winds channeling her focus, she did not notice her company until she called her name.  She wasn't given much time to startle thankfully, eyes falling to a familiar face as soon as she turned. "Wren." She recalled the woman's name. It was good to remember names, it made other people feel acknowledged. Easy enough, she only had learned the names of at least three since arriving. "I've been well." She said, not wanting to elaborate too much, lest she bore Wren with the details. "Lots of traveling, a bit of conversation, not much else." A strange query next. "No." She was thinking of settling though. If there was a time to do so, spring would be best. Wolves with full bellies tended to be much more agreeable.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
06-30-2022, 12:30 AM
No time like the present.

Wren launched into it right away, wondering if it was the right thing. "I'm gathering wolves to form a pack, Sybil" she told the girl honestly "the pack beyond this mountain to the south" she pointed, raising a paw to gesture "is housing us until we're ready. If you want... you could join us. I promise you a safe place to sleep until the territory is scouted. Armada has offered us that, kindly."

The others were kind, friendly wolves. She doubted they'd harm Sybil. "I know I just met you weeks ago" she confessed "but you seem to have a good head on your shoulders. If you don't want to join, that's fine. I can also tell you more if you're interested." She lifted a brow, wondering what path Sybil would choose for herself. She didn't want to overwhelm the girl but she was interested to see her grow.

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Sybil

Loner

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
halfawyrm

Pride - Bisexual
06-30-2022, 10:48 PM

Sybil blinked in surprise. In their brief meeting beforehand, Wren had not stuck her as ambitious, or the type to pursue the position of alpha. She had carried herself humbly, as she did so now, and had engaged with the girl as an equal. No, if this lady had the arrogance of power, she had not demonstrated it, at least not to Sybil. That gave her hope, as naive as it may have been. The rulers of her home were vain and negligent. Most would never see them, but all could feel their hold over the land and the people on it. Maybe Wren would be different, the humble fisherwoman she seemed to be.

The gentle flattery certainly helped in winning her over. she tilted her head slightly, examining the woman with renewed interest. "Would I have to join the Armada?" While it was a temporary arrangement, she was wary. She knew very little about them, aside from their supposed aptitude for fighting. That, and the fact that their alpha was tall. She wished she'd probed Ricin for more information, but no point in fretting over it now.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lackadaisy

Vengeance
07-01-2022, 05:19 PM
"No."

Wren was upfront and honest to others most times, and this was no exception. She shook her head. "Armada is housing us in the Cove. We'd be allies when the pack is formed, but they're offering us a place to sleep and mingle for the time being" She eyed Sybil shrewdly, a mischievous glint in her eyes "you won't get free handouts though" she warned the pale girl "but if you can find me, I don't mind catching you more fish."

A throwback to their previous encounter. Wren didn't mind hunting for others, but she wasn't going to sour her relationship with Armada due to some laidback wolves. Sybil would be expected to do something with her time at the Cove. "What are your skills, though?" she asked "we didn't get a chance to really talk about that, last time." Wren wanted to know for the sake of making ranks. Sybil had so much potential.

That's what she thought anyway.

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Sybil

Loner

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
halfawyrm

Pride - Bisexual
07-08-2022, 02:55 AM

The answer came quickly, which Sybil was grateful for. No frittering away with this one, that's for sure. The mention of a cove did draw her concern though, the girl conscious that Spring was on the horizon. With the warmth would come storms she was sure, and though she had lived through none, the old sailors' tales from her youth had been warning enough. Blizzards she was prepared for, but hurricanes... She cast the thought aside, out of pride more than faith. She'd pull through regardless, she was certain.

No handouts were a given. Despite her vain nature, she had never been spoilt. She could catch her own food, survive with little more than the fur on her back. Her vanity had been earned to some degree.   "My skills? Mostly intellectual. I was taught the art of conversation very young, and I'm quite the diplomat." She said, slight jest in her delivery but entirely confident in her abilities. "Other than that, I'm adequate in hunting small game, and was taking lessons in astronavigation before I arrived here." Quite the smart cookie, she was (or believed).

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
lackadaisy

Vengeance
07-09-2022, 07:10 PM
A diplomat, versed in thinking and seeing an angle. Wren nodded. "We could definitely use that, as a trade guild" Sybil could be counted on to set up commissions and alliances with other packs that Sirius hadn't directed her to "come on" she added, jerking her nose back to the Cove "we can talk properly there, and you can meet some of the others if you like." Sybil didn't strike her as very social, but she could surprise Wren.

"Unless you'd rather live here for now?" but "we've chased a few bears away, so I'd be careful if you're going to stick around the Gorge. I'm going to have to cull the rest with the others in due time." Wren frowned, glancing around the location. It seemed like a bear country for the time being. Wild and not picked clean, left to just... do what they like. She worried about anyone who decided to stay here. At least for now. When the pack was formed; the bears wouldn't dare come.

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me