gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Rinachu
07-05-2022, 03:58 AM
The creaks and groans of breaking sea ice both disturbed and reassured Seumas. He stood with his worn paws in the peculiar black sand. As he wiggled his toes, the grains shifted to catch the early spring morning light. The scent of warmer days to come could be caught in the sea air. The scent of the sea finally beginning to melt again, of little creatures waking up from their winter sleeps. If he someone sentimental, Seumas might even say that this spring was beginning to smell like something hopeful.

He had been trudging up and down this beach for a day or two now. The sea ice was no longer capable of supporting his weight comfortably – a hearth-thundering crack from underneath him is what drove him onto this beach in the first place! But now he was here, he was kind of at a loss of what to do next. Realistically he should head south. He had heard that there were a good few packs down that way. Maybe one willing to accept him. How many days had it been since he’d seen another wolf?...

Plonking himself down on freezing sand, Seumas curled his bushy tail over his paws, and looked out over the sea horizon and let the slow shift of the sea ice lull him into thoughts of the future.

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-05-2022, 04:07 AM
If the sifting sand and brushing ocean wasn’t so good at washing clean the beach each day, he would have worn down a path with his running paws. Each morning he jogged along the hot sand, and the territory the Armada would soon claim became familiar to him. The coming spring promised to give a little more life to this territory, and he wondered if he would still be close enough to see it once summer was in full swing.

It was Solar, the little black cormorant that saw the stranger first. She let out an alerting squark, and Mercury’s eyes obediently scanned the beachline. The earthy wolf was hard to see against the dark sand, but his running paws brought him closer, and Solar helped guide his eyes. He angled his run, and slowed it until he fell into a comfortable walk as he approached the other wolf. “Good morning” He said, nodding his head towards the other wolf.

"Speech"
[Image: dg62nk4-76f92f5f-869b-474b-8882-b89098d6...nlMae_v5_o]

Seumas

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Beginner Fighter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Rinachu
07-05-2022, 08:59 AM
The sea wind was beginning to pick up. Although his thick winter coat was good at keeping him warm, nothing managed to cut through the tawny fur around his neck quite like icy sea air. His eyes, which had closed in his meditations, half-opened as he heard the rustling of wings above him. A smaller than average cormorant surfed the air currents above the beach, looking joyful. Not long after, the sound of heavy approaching footsteps pricked at his ears. It seems he had company - speak of the devil and they shall appear. Maybe he should feel sorry for himself more often.

Seumas lifted himself up from where he sat, and turned to face the newcomer. He dipped his head at this new wolf's greeting. He was immediately grateful that he had chosen to stand. Despite the newcomer's unthreatening approach, the dark-furred male towered over Seumas himself. He wasn't too small himself either, so that was saying something. A piercing blue gaze stood out against his dark coat.

"Good morning." Seumas' voice cracked a little as he greeted the wolf. When was the last time he had spoken aloud? "What brings you to this neck of the woods?"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-05-2022, 05:10 PM
The other wolf rose at his approach, and dipped his head in greeting. He noted the cracking voice with interest, before taking in the other wolf's appearance more carefully. He was looking a little worse for wear. He didn’t looked soaked, so he couldn’t have washed ashore on the beach. “I’m Mercury - I’ve been staying in the caves just back there” he said, pointing behind him at the cliff side the Armada owned. “Walking this beach is my daily routine” he explained, his voice soft and friendly as he looked back at the stranger.

“What brings you here? Have you come from further North?” He asked. The rough terrain that lay in that direction would explain this wolf's condition if that was so. He wished to offer aid, but didn’t want to scare the wolf away. So he moved around the topic carefully, warming his way up to it.

Ooc: Let me know if assuming he’s worse for wear is a wrong pp and i’ll change <3

"Speech"

Seumas

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Beginner Fighter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Rinachu
07-05-2022, 05:30 PM
Mercury was this giant's name, then. And he was staying nearby. Seumas' gaze focused behind the new acquaintance, focusing on... yup those were indeed an impressive number of caves set into the cliff behind them. He wasn't surprised not to have noticed them. Something about caves had always sent shivers down his spine. When he could, he avoided them. Seumas was surprised he hadn't run into this male before, although the overwhelming scent of the sea did make it harder to pick out any specific scents, in his experience. Was this wolf the only wold nearby, in that case? Maybe there were others in the caves.

Mercury was asking how he came to be on this beach. To be honest he didn't quite know himself. He didn't really know why he was going, or what he was doing these days. Being at such a loss was so foreign to Seumas, that even this innocent enquiry made him feel defensive. If this wolf's voice and demeanour weren't he might not have replied at all.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Seumas, Seumas Cranak." he croaked. "I've been up North, aye. Just dotting myself around." Seumas' eyes flitted away from the other's piercing gaze.

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-05-2022, 05:45 PM
Mercury gave an affable grin and nodded his head in a vague direction towards the North. “Then you’re hardier than I am. I’ve only gone further North the once, and ran into a Polar Bear, of all things” he shook his head and suppressed a shudder. “I think I’ll stick to the warmer territories” Not that this beach was much warmer, really. Better than those freeing territories found just a little further North, but not by much. He wouldn’t have chosen to live this close to the ice himself, but he would follow whichever direction Wren led them.

The other wolf seemed to be struggling to hold his gaze, so Mercury kept his voice light and friendly. “At this point I normally head back and get started on some breakfast and warm tea. I have plenty to spare, if you’d like any?”

"Speech"

Seumas

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Beginner Fighter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Rinachu
07-07-2022, 09:44 AM
Seumas reciprocated Mercury's friendly grin with a small smile of his own. This wolf seemed so carefree. He was lucky to have survived his encounter with the white bears. They were grumpy sods, so they were. Never knew when to pick their battles. Seumas would be a happy wolf if he never had to meet one of them again.

"Mmm I can't say I blame you. Somewhere warmer is where I'm headed." As soon as he got his bearings and off of this damned beach. Maybe this new acquaintance would be able to point him in the right direction, if he had the experience travelling this area as it seemed.

At the mention of tea and food, Seumas almost physically felt his stomach yawn. Trying not to appear too excited at the prospect, the male let his tail whumph against the sand and grinned a little more warmly this time.
"That would be very appreciated Mercury." he answered. "Being on the road tends to get your appetite going like nothing else." Seumas stood and looked towards the cave systems. The promise off a meal would have to trump his cave skittishnesh.

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-07-2022, 11:04 PM
Mercury nodded his head, agreeing with the sentiment. The hardier North seemed more for surviving than living. “Anywhere in particular?” he asked, curious if the wolf had a destination in mind, or was more the wandering type. He was far, far from an expert on Boreas, but he had a much better grasp of the land after the weeks he had spent scouting and exploring it.

“Don’t I know it” Merc said, giving the man another smile and stretching out his legs. Nothing like a long trek through the unknown to work up an appetite. He led Seumas a small way up the beach. “The caves belong to the Armada - and I’m just a visitor here. Mind waiting here for a moment, and I’ll grab us the food?” He suggested. It wouldn’t do to step on anyone's toes while the Armada housed the wolves that grouped here while Wren prepared to start her pack.

"Speech"

Seumas

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Beginner Fighter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Rinachu
07-26-2022, 04:09 AM
Was Seumas going anywhere in particular? Not really. Somewhere where he could wake up without feeling like his toes were frozen would be a nice start. A pack would be even nicer. Seumas returned Mercury's smile and began following him up towards the cave system. Another thing he could live without was the feeling of sand constantly in between his toes.

The pair paused towards the end of the beach, with Mercury explaining he would return with the food. Seumas' shoulders relaxed from the tense position in which they had been held. Nice, no need to go into the caves then. He nodded at the taller wolf, and settled down onto his haunches to wait.

His curiosity was definitely piqued. Who were 'The Armada'? Were they a pack, or something similar? He hadn't been in this area for too long, but he probably would have noticed the activity of so many wolves. Mercury said that he himself was a visitor, so he must be on friendly terms with them - although with from what Seumas had experienced of Mercury's temperament so far he would imagine that he could be on friendly terms with just about anyone.

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-30-2022, 09:38 PM
He waited a moment and when Seumas offered no protest, Mercury trotted on ahead. Picking up his pace so he wasn’t leaving the other wolf waiting for long. He climbed up into the higher cave that the Armada had set aside for Wrens wolves and grabbed what he needed. Starting a fire on the beach would be easy enough. He grabbed everything he needed and wrapped it in a blanket. Slinging it over his shoulders before trotting back to the earthy wolf.

He shook the blanket back out, leaving his supplies in the centre of it when he returned. “Make yourself at home” he said, gesturing towards the coat and the dried meat in the middle. “I’ll have some tea ready in a moment” He promised, stacking some of the small kindling he had brought and using his flint to start a fire. He had a feeling they’d both appreciate the warmth, as well. “You never did say if you were going anywhere” He prompted gently.

"Speech"

Seumas

Loner

Beginner Hunter (0)

Beginner Fighter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Rinachu
08-04-2022, 04:10 PM
Mercury wasn't gone for overly long when he went to fetch his supplies. Seumas took the chance to let himself breath for a moment. It surprised him how overwhelming it was to see a new face, to hold a pleasant conversation with a stranger, for a stranger to be so welcoming. He felt an anxious knot that had formed in his throat ease with a few deep breaths as he waited for his acquaintances return, looking out towards the sea's horizon.

When the night-sky-coated wold returned with supplies in tow, Seumas flashed him as smile and shuffled backwards to make room for the male to spread his things out. The scent of the dried meat and various tea herbs Mercury had brought made him feel strangely nostalgic for home. "Thank you, Mercury. This looks great, I must say. The earth-toned male watched with fascination as his companion quickly drummed up a little fire from his dried kindling. Even these little flames did a good job at thawing his front paws where they rested nearby. Seumas leaned over to snag a smaller piece of the dried meat and sat chewing whilst Mercury worked.

"I can't say exactly where I'm going, I guess. I'm unfamiliar with these lands, as you might have guessed." Seumas replied after he had swallowed. "I'm looking to see if I can find somewhere to make myself useful again."

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
08-10-2022, 07:49 PM
Mercury flashed him an easy grin “Thanks” He said as he finished making a small fire on the sandy beach where it would pose no danger to the coat. That done, he began to steep some tea. He was glad when Seumas snagged some meat and began to eat. The other wolf looked as if he needed the food.

He listened as Seumas spoke of looking for somewhere to belong. He felt the familiar ache in his own chest. He knew the feeling well. He had been lost until he had found Wren, and realised he had not lost everything. “No pressure, but my friend is forming a pack soon called the Menagerie. Perhaps you could check it out? She’s assembling people from all walks of life, giving people a place to feel they belong. It might be your scene, it might not.” He suggested.

"Speech"