Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
07-05-2022, 06:10 PM

He woke early, and set about for the preparations needed to head from the pack for a time. It would be a decent journey to take Wren for a trip to the packs around Boreas and the Hallows down in Auster. He already had the thought to take her to Abaven first. Abaven was the longest standing pack that he was allied with. It had been here long before he was born, and would be here long after. It was a good place to start.

He made his way to the forest that skirted the Cole, a pack slung across his shoulder and Bast at his side. He raised his head and called for Wren to join him. He had told her to think of gifts to bring the Alphas, and he was curious to see what she had come up with.

"Speech"

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
07-05-2022, 06:22 PM
Abaven was the first stop, but Wren didn't bring a gift. Instead, she brought back something else. "Sirius!" she called, having followed him before he called out for her. Puffing, she returned from the Cove after Audra had settled in. Her leg still ached a bit, but she was able to get around "Abaven... it..." She gasped, coughing for breath. Her neck hung as she sucked in air. Swallowing, she looked up.

"It's gone" she said, not with finality but with grief "I thought to g-give them a training dummy I made, for their students... I went to see" Wren looked past the Warlord and further "how far I'd have to lug it. But nobody was there, nobody from Abaven except a woman named Audra" she breezed through her report "she had come from the Hallows, released... she's at the Cove now, with the others."

She grunted, annoyed but also sad. "Nobody was there... I couldn't do anything for them."

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
07-05-2022, 06:31 PM

He turned in surprise as a puffing Wren raced towards him. In more of a hurry then the situation called for. She spoke of Abaven - their first stop, and he gave her a puzzled frown. Then the rest of her words hit him like a sledgehammer. “ Abaven… Impossible” He said. Not lime he didn’t believe her, but like he couldn’t fathom it.

His frown deepened on his ageing face as he looked to the tawny wolf. “I’m going there. Now. Come or stay, but decide quickly” he told her. He dropped the bag to his paws. He wasn’t going to need it anymore. This would not be a slow trip, but a quick one. He wondered if she had the wind to keep up with him.

"Speech"

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
07-05-2022, 06:36 PM
"I'm coming!"

Sirius took off, and Wren raced after him. She had the agility and stamina to keep up, the endurance from walking all over Boreas and Auster with her. Even if his legs were longer, she hurried to keep a steady pace. By the time they stopped, Abaven's border was faint and the members are gone. Nobody seemed to be here.

"..."

She knew better than to say anything at the moment. Not only was Theory an ally, but she also seemed to be a friend too. Wren stared across the Rapids with a frown, refusing to speak. Sirius needed alone time with his thoughts and his feelings. Gods, but alphas couldn't afford to be swallowed up, could they?

They always needed to have some sort of plan.

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-05-2022, 06:46 PM

It was a long, long journey to Abaven. Especially taking it without pause, as these two wolves did. He had Wren on one side, and bast on the other. Marshal soared in the air above, keeping an eye out for trouble as the wolves dashed across the land.

And then they were there. Already the scents at the border had faded. Taken by the wind without wolves to reinforce them. It was a ghost town, this pack that had taken it upon themselves to be a school. “Theory!” he hollered, pausing, and listening for any signs that he was heard. “Poem! Motif!” he called. Though he doubted the latter would ever wish to hear his voice again. It had been so long since he had thought of those two sisters. One of which he had taken as his apprentice, so many years ago…

“Shit” he said into the silence. “Shit. My granddaughter was enrolled here, Wren. help me find some sign of her.” The steady alpha showed signs of stress with the widening of his eyes and a snorted breath. “CALLIE!” he shouted. “Calypso!”

"Speech"

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
07-05-2022, 06:55 PM
"C-Callie!"

Wren's voice rose in a concerned yell, echoing the name that Sirius had called out. She dashed past the Warlord to look for traces of anything to use, but couldn't find anything or anyone in the end. "Voodoo?!" she also called "Theory!" The only wolves she knew where Abaven were Voodoo, Theory, and now Callie. "Callie!"

She didn't see signs of a struggle. Wren stopped, pointing this out. "I... I don't smell blood" she told Sirius "I don't see any fur or tracks." It was like Abaven just vanished. Damn it, she was a hunter. A stalker! She had to do better than this. Armada had been kind to her, and now... She couldn't do anything for them.

She huffed quietly, standing still but unwilling to intrude too much on the once-pack. She waited for Sirius to do something, anything. It felt eerily quiet here. Almost like they were being watched. The fur along her spine prickled uneasily.

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-05-2022, 07:10 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2022, 07:29 PM by Sirius. Edited 1 time in total.)

The Warlord called out her name, and passed the expansive pack territory for any signs of the wolves he had known. “Theory isn’t the type of wolf to just… walk away” he said, and stopped his pacing for a moment. Seating himself on the grass as he considered his options. “Callie and Theory are the priorities” He decided. The rest of the pack would be Theory’s responsibility - if the young Alpha could be found.

“Marshal” He said, addressing his bird. “Head back and catch Azure up with what we know.” he ordered the feathered creature. Turning back to Wren then, he tightened his expression and said. “I’m going to attempt to call a conclave of some of our allies. Someone must know something” He informed her. She could attend or not as she pleased, depending if she wanted a speed run introduction to some of the alphas or the more one-on-one he had had planned for them.

"Speech"

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
07-05-2022, 07:38 PM
"There's no way I'm letting you go alone."

Wren spoke defiantly, but kindly. Sympathetic to the plight they found themselves in. "We're allies, friends... Friends stick by each other. And I can glean a bit from the others, maybe pick up on something you don't see?" Sirius was worried about his grandchild, so he could be 'compromised' in a sense. She gave a curt nod.

"I'm going. I gotta... do something, not sit on my ass" She bit back a sigh "Audra didn't know anything about the fall, and I can't find Voodoo here to ask. Someone... Someone should know." She repeated Sirius' words back to him, a confirmation she believed the same as him. Wren needed to know they were okay.

Even if the Warlord was huge, strong... He could be walking into a trap. Allies don't remain allied forever, sometimes. Wren tried to keep a suspicious mind if she could.

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me