Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-01-2014, 03:24 AM

Whilst some children may not have wanted their parents to follow them and even some of the Destruction family would be a little wary of their arrival, for Novella it'd been nothing but joyful seeing them once more. She'd become almost childlike upon spotting them, hardly able to believe it yet filled with such happiness her reaction would even resemble Anthem's. Family was certainly something that the young Destruction loved though, and to have them altogether would simply be amazing to the sweet girl.

The joy was only enhanced by the fact that two other members of the family had returned, her niece Fal'dara and brother-in-law Cherokee. The revelation had been good news to Novella and she could only imagine how Song and her children felt by the returns of their father and sister. Novella had yet to see either of them again, but even so with all the good news in the pack she felt rather ecstatic all the same.

After their long journey her parents were resting now, but with her emotions currently running at a rather excitable level, Novella hadn't really been able to get back to sleep again and after a while of trying had finally given up and left to wander around the pack lands. Above her the sky was lightening and growing colourful as the sun rose, and the Destruction girl would make her way to the beach to step out from the trees and watch. The elated feeling still bubbled away keeping her far from the calm emotions you may have expected from someone watching the sky at such a peaceful moment but right now she felt as though nothing could knock her from this high.

Dhiren

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
05-04-2014, 03:18 AM

Dhiren was oblivious to everything that had happened the past couple of weeks. The Cherokee lookalike was wrapped up in ensuring the safety of Ludicael, which meant border patrolling and hunting for the pack as a whole. He had even taken the time to help Novel babysit the puppies as they continued to grow. They had begun to reach the three month phase, indicating their curiosity was more than enough for just one older sibling to handle. Dhiren was happy and he wasn't sure how he had gotten there.
As the day was beginning to wake up, so did the First Apprentice. Silver and gold eyes slowly fluttered open before his whole body stood on all fours. The world outside his den was beginning to fill with light, but he didn't want to worry about it that day. Instead, he left his home and stretched before leaving the mangroves to arrive at the beach.
Sparkly sand was everywhere, indicating the sun that was sneaking over the horizon. The waves were rising and falling against the shore, their colors dark and light shades of blue. A beautiful sight, in Dhiren's opinion. With a lazy, but proud stride, Dhiren strolled across the grassy knoll to the sand ahead. His gaze caught the sight of one of his many white relatives, but the scent on the wind indicated it was his Aunt Novella. A smile broke across the young man's face as he came up to her right. "Good morning, Aunt Novella," he greeted, tail wagging behind him happily. He didn't hold back from giving her a friendly nuzzle to her shoulder. "You look radiant today...and very excited about something." Silently, he pondered what was making her so euphoric.

Speech,

Awesome pic by Seren <3

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-04-2014, 03:48 AM

It was indeed a wonderful morning, whilst autumn was here the beach showed little sign of it apart from the chill in the wind, only cooled further with the sea breeze. The sand and sea certainly looked rather pretty that morning though and her thickening fur kept Novella warm enough now as did the blanket of excitement that still wrapped around her tightly, there were far more important and happy things to focus on than the cooling weather of Autumn.

Her head would turn as she caught sight of her oldest nephew walking towards her. He hadn't made it to meet his grandparents at the borders, likely fast asleep given how hard he was working lately. Novella had sort of tried, but with little confidence in herself and no real ranking of power within it seemed that her favoured task was helping to look after Song or Symphony's pups.

"Good morning Dhiren" She called back happily, tail now wagging with joy. Good company on a beautiful morning and the wonderful fact that more family had arrived last night, the day was set to be a good one it seemed. She giggled slightly at his comment of radiance and had she a little less control may have bounced excitedly on the spot as she twisted herself round a little to face him easier. "My parents, your grandparents, arrived in Ludicael last night Dhiren." Perhaps he wouldn't be quite so excited about it, to him the only Novel and Dutiron in existence were his two siblings but for Novella, so focussed upon family it truly was brilliant.

Dhiren

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
05-04-2014, 04:04 AM

The way she reacted made him want to do the same thing. Instead of jumping up and down like an excited youngster, he chuckled at how she moved in his presence. She was older, 'tis true, but she had the energy of a young one. Dhiren hoped to maintain such energy as he got older and prone to future life changing events. Novella proceeded to tell him why she was so happy and he paused for a few seconds.
Dhiren had never met his grandparents, let alone knew that they existed. Song hadn't spoken about them since he was born, so those ties in his family had yet to be established. His current reaction was a blank stare, followed by blinking intervals to keep his eyes dry. Finally, he looked at her with returning light in his gaze and he cleared his throat. "My-my grandparents? Yo-Your mama and daddy?" Both eyebrows rose and a smile slowly appeared on his face once again. "That's wonderful, Aunt Novella! I didn't know they were still around...What are they like? Have they officially made themselves at home since their arrival?" Dhiren was most keen on meeting and visiting his predecessors.

Speech,

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-04-2014, 04:17 AM

Novella had certainly retained quite the youthful heart, though only a year older than the eldest of her nieces and nephews and without the heavy burden of responsibility having ever been forced upon her it wasn't anything to worry about. She was capable of being mature though of course but her light-hearted ways were surely wonderful at times. Certainly brought the pups to look upon her fondly, little Sound was the one that had taken a particular shine to her from Song's newest litter.

Dhiren seemed rather surprised and unsure of what to make about the news, finally though he would find some joy in the revelation, a smile breaking across his features as he questioned her about them. She would give a cheery nod of her head confirming the comment about her mother and father and ignoring the slightly depressing comment of Dhiren not being sure if they were around. She'd never experienced death before in her life, and her parents so strong seemed almost like they would always be there. She certainly couldn't imagine what life would be like if they were gone completely.

"They're resting now I think. I hope they'll be staying but I guess they'll have to speak a little more with your mother first of all." Surely it'd be strange to see them not in an leadership position now, but to simply have them here in Ludicael at all was wonderful news. "Novel and Dutiron are their names." She informed him fondly, it had always seemed nice to her that Song had named two of her children after them, a sign that even despite their argument the love for her parents had continued. "I'm sure you'll love them Dhiren." Truth be told she wasn't even sure where to begin describing her parents to him. "You'll have to meet them when they wake up."

Dhiren

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
05-04-2014, 04:28 AM

Dhiren watched the merriment dance in his aunt's eyes and he couldn't help but want to mirror them. Ever since Song had given birth to his new set of brothers and sisters, he was slowly regaining the sweet part of his soul. It had gone on vacation and reappeared when he least expected to see the darn thing. Now, as he tapped his tail gently at the sand beneath him, he couldn't help but want to meet his dear grandparents. Oh, the stories they must have! He was more than eager to wake them up and start visiting!
Alas, Novella broke his bubble of thoughts and said to wait after they woke up. Dhiren couldn't help but gently whimper at such delights being taken from his grasp, but what could he do? Patience was a virtue and he felt cursed when he didn't have it all the time. This was one of those cursed times, but he didn't voice his impatience to the subject. "I don't mean to sound like a wet blanket, but must I really?" His eyes twinkled with a soft, teasing sparkle as he continued by sighing and lowering himself to the ground. "When I get older, I want to be able to wake up and not worry about being sleepy at any time of the day." Even though he knew better, Dhiren playfully acted na?ve.
His tail thumped against the ground as he hoped his Aunt Novella would join him against the warm sand. Black fur greatly stood out against the tannish-beige color of the mineral beneath his lanky frame. "Grandma Novel and Grandpa Dutiron, huh? I bet my brother and sister are ecstatic about having family names." He gently chuckled and looked over to his aunt. "Just like the white coat and gold-blue eye sets, they are complete contrasts to what I have been given through genetics." A hint of fake jealousy slipped into his words. "How come all I have from Mama's side is her frame? I have almost everything that belongs to Dad, except for how I am built."

Speech,

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-04-2014, 04:53 AM

Truth be told Novella could sympathise, it was difficult to wait. She longed to see them once more and hear what they could tell her about Ahlon. She'd been gone for around a year now and surely there was plenty to talk about. Though fully grown and capable of looking after herself, a part of her so nostalgic was eager to even retreat back to her childhood, sat before her father with her siblings and listen as he told stories with their mother fondly looking on and listening with them.

"Yes." She responded with a warm smile. "They've had a long journey and they did look pretty tired when they went to find somewhere to sleep." A sign of her growing up, there was probably once a time that she wouldn't have noticed such a thing, expected her parents to simply plough on with life. In the eyes of a child sometimes grown-ups could simply seem like they had no weaknesses and she would lightly laugh at Dhiren's playful comment. "And that is why they need a good night's sleep, so they can banish that worry for themselves."

She settled herself down now at her nephew's side as he continued to talk, speaking of names and looks. She knew his woes weren't serious in the slightest, not that the genuine jealousy he'd once felt over the arrival of his younger siblings but she couldn't help but play along all the same. She herself was clearly one who held the looks from the Destruction family, that white coat and blue and gold eyes he spoke of twinned with a nice family name to match. At such a young age the similarities to her mother had certainly filled the girl with a sweet and innocent joy.

"You've got one gold eye Dhiren." She pointed out to him. "And I'm sure that your dad likes that you look like him. The closest thing that your Grandpa got was your uncle Legend and Aunt Myth, but somehow they're both darker than him." Never having met her own grandparents or even her aunt Dubara, she didn't know that the darker shade had still trailed down from his side of the family. "Besides, Canta and Fal'dara are mostly black too. You're not alone there."

Dhiren

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
05-04-2014, 05:07 AM

Aunt Novella spoke of the journey wearing out his grandparents, making them keen on catching a good night's sleep before meeting more family members. He perfectly understood, but that night of sleep kept him from seeing the two wolves credited for his life. In due time, however, the day would progress to a later state, giving his grandparents the chance to wake up and properly stretch and shake out the nighttime willies.
His conversation opener about physical genetic makeups for his family was pursued by his aunt. She lowered herself next to him and began to explain that some of the colors of his aunts and uncles were passed down by his grandfather. Curiosity continued to eat at the yearling's brain, but he pushed it away as she said that he was not alone. It was true, he did share black coats with Canta and Fal'Dara. A gentle sigh pushed through his lips and he flicked his one white ear in a different direction. "That is true, Aunt Novella. I know I am not alone, but it's just that most of our family shares the same coats and genetics. Despite being related to them, and knowing that they know, it does feel like I am out of place. I mean, none of my brothers and sisters from the second litter have black fur!" He blinked, showing off the moist set of eyes he displayed every day. "I adore Canta and...Fal'Dara, if she was around...and I am happy that we share coats, but every now and then, I wish I was a white-furred guy."

Speech,

Awesome pic by Seren <3

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-04-2014, 05:27 AM

She couldn't help the small smile about his fur coloured qualms. Song's litter had mostly taken after their mother, though Howl had his off-white colourings, Anthem his grey markings and Lyric her dusty brown there were certainly some differences to separate them from Novel in appearance. In the second though Story resembled Lyric and Anthem a little more and Myth and Legend were both darker brown leaving her the only fully white wolf. "Your mother, Aunt Symphony and I are the only ones with full white." Novella stated. "Everyone else is a bit more of a mixture."

She'd give up on the comparisons between her own siblings and Dhiren's though. Instead focus a little more upon the boy himself. "It makes you special, the one to resemble your dad the most. Of all the combinations you could have gotten, you're the one that ended up like him." It was how she'd felt about looking like her mother when she was younger. "Besides, black suits you." She added with a smile. Honestly she couldn't imagine Dhiren white now, perhaps if he'd been born that way it would have been different of course but now only the image he had seemed to look right.

"How is your dad anyway, I've heard his back now?" Caught up in her own excitement she hadn't had the opportunity to ask but now talking about the resemblances between Dhiren and his father the thought had formed in her mind and she couldn't help but ask. "And Fal'dara, is she really back too?"

Dhiren

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
05-05-2014, 03:02 AM

Novella told him that what he already had was special. He was the only one that fully resembled Cherokee and it was something not any of his siblings could claim. He thought about it for a minute and his tail continued to thump against the beach beneath him. "You're right, Aunt Novella. I resemble Dad more than anyone else and I hope that I can make him proud, regardless of how he has been lately..."
The topic was open for discussion and he proceeded to talk about it with her. "Dad has been okay. Ever since he has returned, he has remained in a den close by Mom's. He's too nervous to return to their den because of the new pups, but he hopes that they start to realize who he is." He stretched out his two front paws and flexed his toes. "As for Fal'dara...I didn't even know she came back. When did that happen?"

Speech,

Awesome pic by Seren <3

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-05-2014, 03:22 AM

Dhiren would realise her words and grow happy with the new revelation and way of looking at things. She smiled softly at his wish to make the man proud, certain that it wasn't going to be a difficult challenge really. "I'm sure he already is." She responded warmly. Song and Cherokee certainly loved their children and had probably been proud from the moment they were born. Now though, with all the hard work and progress Dhiren was making, Cherokee should definitely have been proud to call the boy his son.

It was sad that Cherokee had left in the fashion he had, the youngest litter now didn't know him because of it and she could only imagine the pain and guilt that must have brought on. Did he deserve it? Novella wasn't sure, she wasn't entirely aware of the circumstances that had caused Cherokee to leave only knew that he was back now and that Song didn't seem to conflicted by it. "Is your mum ok? She's not said anything to me, I suppose she probably wouldn't to you either really, not if it might worry us."

And then onto the topic of the other family member returning. Novella had just been certain she'd caught Fal'dara's scent, she hadn't directly seen the girl but figured that perhaps her siblings might have done. "Maybe I was wrong then." She stated mood dampening slightly. "I thought I'd caught her scent, maybe it was just wishful thinking what with your Dad being back now."

Dhiren

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
05-05-2014, 03:36 AM

Novella inquired about his mother's current state of mind and he immediately replied. "She's been all right, just struggling with the duties and being a mother all in one." He sighed lightly, paws kneading into the sand out of habit. "I hope that it won't overwhelm her all of the time, though. I have been performing my duties as the First Apprentice and so far, she hasn't been as stressed as before." He softly smiled at the idea of his mother and he swept his tail into the sand. "I am very proud of her, Aunt Novella. She has kept her head above water for this long, with all the things that have been going on."
She then doubted the presence of Fal'dara and his eyebrows rose. "I don't remember what her scent smells like, so I am sure that if you smelled her, she would be around." Tenderly, he licked her cheek with a bright, pink tongue. "Don't question your senses, Auntie. They make up who you are and how you survive in this life. If you smelled her, then I am sure that she has returned." He thought about how Fal'dara must have returned and he didn't know it. "I must not be doing my job very well if I didn't realize she was home..."

Speech,

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-05-2014, 03:44 AM

Dhiren would quickly respond to confirm things that Novella had already assumed. She had tried to help where she could, though truthfully regardless of what she did or didn't do Song had still been faced with a very heavy burden, far heavier than Novella and Dhiren would even realise given the ongoing conflict with Symphony that both had managed to keep under wraps. Her other sister had vanished though, not that she knew the cause just yet but Song had carried on strongly. She smiled at Dhiren's comment of pride and nodded her head in agreement. "And you should be. She's done a good job." Numbers beyond family may have been dwindling slightly these days, but all the same Novella certainly couldn't fault her sister.

Dhiren however wouldn't be quite so disheartened by this false hope that his sister may have returned home. Despite his words of comfort the Destruction girl still wasn't quite so confident, whether he couldn't quite recall her scent or not, Novella didn't see why the return of Fal'dara would have been quite so secretive, if her siblings really didn't realise she'd lost her faith a little in the idea. She nuzzled him softly at his own self doubts, and would be quick to banish such theories from his mind. "Don't be silly Dhiren, you're doing brilliantly."

Dhiren

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
05-05-2014, 04:48 AM

The conversations he was having with Novella made him feel closer to his aunt. There weren't many times when he did that with any of his other aunts - let alone his uncles - so he felt like this time spent with her was worth more than anything else he knew about. Talking about his mother made him miss her, because it felt like it had been a very good while since he had seen her. Business had to carry on in Ludi, and he was there to make sure most of it was taken care of. Aside from his Aunt Symphony being in a huff and the situation with Uncle Howel, he knew his mother meant well. "Yes ma'am, you're right. She has and I couldn't be more proud of her."
What was starting to bother him was that he hadn't realized Fal'dara had returned. Just knowing that she was back and not being there to welcome her made him feel bad. He bit on his lower lip in thought, but appreciated the words his aunt voiced. Gold and silver eyes happily danced as they looked over to Novella's bi-colored gaze. "Thanks, Aunt Novella," he replied. He couldn't help but smile as he voiced his gratitude. "You don't know how much your support means to me."

Speech,

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-05-2014, 05:14 AM

It was by now rather clear how important family was to Novella. She would certainly do anything for any of them even if it was simply to be there to listen to them, brothers, sisters, cousins, nieces and nephews she hoped that they all understood how important they were to her, honestly the girl had no idea what she would do without the Destructions around her. She'd made it safely to Alacritia alone and had even spent some time alone whilst she figured out her next move, it seemed foolish now really, the family had found a way to come together after all, perhaps proving that she wasn't the only one who cared.

She smiled at the young man's gratitude, glad that he at least had some sort of sense of the fact she would be there to support him. "We're family, we're supposed to support each other anyway." She pointed out to him, the thanks weren't really needed and she would shrug them off to save the conversation becoming too soppy. Some of her siblings it seemed had a slightly skewed view upon her statement though, Myth clearing off without telling anybody and Howl and Legend also disappearing every now and then but she was rather confident in the fact that Dhiren had a strong sense of loyalty to those he shared blood with.

Dhiren

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
player
05-05-2014, 05:31 AM

Dhiren had yet to meet his other aunts and uncles. He only knew of the ones on his mother's side and that was quite sad itself. What was worse was that he didn't even know if Cherokee had brothers and sisters to meet. There could be cousins out there who didn't know that he existed. Oh, the inhumanity!
He began to silently count his blessings, feeling closer to the gods and goddesses above that had watched over him with fond gazes. Gold and silver eyes closed as he leaned his head against Novella's outstretched right arm. A happy expression with his eyes closed radiated on his face as he merrily perked both ears when his face found a comfortable place in his aunt's winter coat. As the sun shined on them with tenderness, he sleepily said, "Family is thicker than friendship, and aunts are the mothers nephews can claim." His body began to relax and he started to drift off into a mid-morning nap.
-EXIT Dhiren-

Speech,

Novella

Loner
Author

gems
size
Medium
build
player
05-05-2014, 05:39 AM

In the same manner it wasn't all generations of Destructions that were close. She'd never met any of her mother's siblings and though she'd heard of her Aunt Dubara had never actually met her either. She was determined to keep close with her own siblings and the nieces and nephews they gave her, not to mention of course her cousins that she knew as well. That was becoming a rather tricky task given Iorwerth's refusal to co-operate with anyone in the family and Cirala another of these family members that had a habit of vanishing it seemed; apparently she was in Alacritia, but Novella hadn't seen her since they'd both been in Ahlon.

Rather than run of of a wild goose chase though she would remain close to the family that she could. Dhiren for example it seemed was willing to help in this goal to keep the family close, or at least honour that it was what Novella wanted anyway. She'd smile warmly at his comment, touched by the words and nuzzle him lightly as he leant against her and dozed off to sleep. His own state calming, she found that at last she was able to rest herself, the excitement of the night's news fading enough to let her sleep now.