An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-09-2022, 12:44 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2022, 12:44 AM by Mercury. Edited 1 time in total.)
The black sand beneath his paws was starting to feel so familiar.If he closed his eyes, he could almost believe he was home. That if he took a deep enough breath, he would taste the crispness of the lake that had lain close to their sea port. That if he tilted his head just right, he would hear the chiming-tree. The place his people hooked the windchimes that spoke in the voices of those that had left him. That his little nieces might be somewhere ahead of him, waiting for his paw steps to take him closer.

But when he opened his eyes, he was alone on the barren beach of the Armada. The air that ruffled through his coat had the sting of a brisk chill to it and the faint taste of sulphur from the geyser over yonder.

The homesickness hit him like a wrecking ball, and no matter how much coil he put into his legs, he couldn’t outrun the pain of it. What he needed was a distraction, and he knew just the wolf to call upon. Raising his head, he howled out for Keahi. So that the summer wolf might spare a moment to hunt with him. Surely two warriors would find a predator on the brisk spring day?

"Speech"
[Image: dg62nk4-76f92f5f-869b-474b-8882-b89098d6...nlMae_v5_o]

Keahi

"Until We Meet Again"

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Hermes

VengeanceOoh La LaSamhain 2022ScarredDouble Master
07-10-2022, 12:37 AM

Keahi has found her place once more and it is with the Armada and the wolves of her hanai. They have reminded her that life is a beautiful, complex thing and just how important it is to enjoy each moment you can. Red paws pull the tropical wolf around the Col as she does some chores; making sure that the freshly tanned hides are in the correct place, the is meat stored, and that the fire pit fed. There is a peace about the red woman as she goes, the familiarity with her home and chores instilling a sense of calm in everything she does. However, too much of the same thing can be boring and, when the familiar voice of Mercury rings out from the nearby beach, a bright, happy smile pulls her lips up. The tall black and blue wolf has quickly become a friend to Keahi and she is quick to finish her project and make her way to where he waits.

The moment her red paws hit the black sand of the beach, Keahi breaks out into run, enjoying the feel of the wind whipping through the fur on her face. It is still bitterly cold to the tropical woman and the polar bear coat has become her second skin but she still finds joy in the briskness of the day. The air stings her eyes, reminding the tropical wolf that she is alive and that the day young, which has her tongue lolling happily out the side of her mouth. Soon, Mercury’s tall form comes into view and Keahi angles toward him, slowing as she approaches. As she gets closer, the red wolf notices that there seems to be some sadness lingering in his soft blue eyes and she moves up to him, aiming to bump her head into him in a warm greeting while saying, “Mercury! What adventure awaits us today?”

Once the greeting is complete, Keahi steps back, beaming a warm smile up at her friend while her red tail wags loosely at her hips.

"Keahi Mogotsi"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

Master Intellectual (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-10-2022, 05:06 PM
The sound of pawsteps hitting sand told him which direction to look. He needed only to shift a little, and see the red form as she raced towards him. Enjoying the freedom of letting loose on the shifting Armada sands as she raced his way. He braced for sand in his face, but she slowed before she approached and he offered her a smile. Turns out, she was already distracting him. He returned the head-bump greeting and smiled at his shorter (if not by much) friend.

“I thought there had to be some predators around ready to cause some grief. Have you caught any tracks lately?” he asked her, offering her an amused smile. “I could use the distraction, and I know how well you fight at my side.” He said in way of explaining why he had called her over.

"Speech"

Keahi

"Until We Meet Again"

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Hermes

07-11-2022, 12:07 AM

The wind in her fur is invigorating as Keahi runs the short distance to where Mercury is. A happy laugh bubbles out as it looks like Mercury is uncertain, part of her wondering if he thinks she will spray sand at him but she slows her hectic pace long before trotting up to him. Their greeting is friendly, head-bumps of affections and a warm smile from the tropical wolf. He looks down at her and smiles before speaking of tracks and predators. A chuckle falls out as he compliments her and she dips her head in thanks.

She hums thoughtfully for a moment, looking along the dark sandy beach before turning her bright blue eyes contain a spark of mirth as she lifts a red brow in curiosity as she says, “Well, I have seen some signs of walruses along the beach and there have been reports of some creatures raiding the fishing stores. Have you ever fought one?” Eyes twinkle as she motions for Mercury for follow her leading the way to where some recent fish have gone missing. Her eyes are on the lookout for any of the large tusked creatures while listening to friend.

"Keahi Mogotsi"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-20-2022, 11:17 PM

It didn’t take Keahi long to consider his request. If he had any doubts that she wouldn’t offer him the entertainment he sought, they would be immediately dispelled. Without hesitation she suggested a walrus - with the explanation that there had been some sightings of them along the shore. “I haven’t had the pleasure, this should be interesting” He said, offering her a returning smile as he fell into step beside her.

“Keahi. You haven’t spoken much about your life, have you been in the Armada all your life?” He asked. He called her friend, but he knew so little about her. He knew so little about everyone here but Wren. they were all new faces, and he wanted to wash away that newness with Keahi.

"Speech"

Keahi

"Until We Meet Again"

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Hermes

07-21-2022, 08:55 PM

Mercury agrees to join her in driving off a walrus and Keahi flashes him a happy grin before turning to lead the way. The pair quickly fall into step as they make their way down the beach. Dark ears turn to capture the stormy male’s words and a gentle smile pulls at her lips as she gives him a small shake of her head. A soft chuckle fills the air as she says, “No. I actually only found the Armada last season. I grew up far from here, Mercury. My home is on a beautiful island called Hawai’i.” Paws slow as she casts her gaze out to the waves that lap at the sandy soil, a wistful smile appearing on her red lips without her knowledge.

Keahi turns her ocean blue eyes up to Mercury and her voice has tinge of longing to it as she says, “My family and I were wayfinders. We would sail out in search of other islands to gather resources from. They taught me how to read the weather, the water, and the air. How to listen to the land and hear what it has to tell me.” The words are gentle, filled with love and a yearning that reaches down to her soul. However, there is no regret in them and it is clear that the tropical woman is thankful for the past and is grateful for where she is now.

With that, Keahi offers Mercury a friendly smile and asks, “What about you Mercury? Where do you come from?” Red head tilts in question for a moment before she turns her attention back to the act of walking, ears perked to catch his words.

"Keahi Mogotsi"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-24-2022, 08:07 PM
He followed after Keahi, and was surprised to learn how recently she had joined the Armada. She seemed so comfortable and confident within its borders. “Why did you leave Hawai’i?” He asked, casting a glance her way to see if it was a sensitive topic or not. The last thing he wanted to do was step on the toes of the one friend he had made in these lands. Her company was… more important to him then she likely knew.

She spoke of her family being wayfinders, searching for islands to gather resources from. “I had a similar job, only it was to open trading routes with new packs” He said, a wistful smile on his own face as he gave her a nudge. “In a different world, we might have crossed paths on the sea” He teased her.

“My parents owned a pack on a continent a little smaller then Boreas. I spent much of my life sailing around the outside of it as well as islands that could only be reached by ship.” he explained. The land was called Ilious”

"Speech"

Keahi

"Until We Meet Again"

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Hermes

07-24-2022, 10:36 PM

The pair slowly make their way across the black sandy beach and Keahi speaks of her home. Mercury asks why she left and a smile tugs her lips up, blue eyes glancing to him as she says, “It was part of my life. We left to find places. I just.. didn’t expect to shipwreck here.” A soft chuckle escapes as she explains more and then asks what the stormy male’s life was like. She looks up to him, red paws confident in their steps as she continues to walk while keeping her eyes on Mercury. A smile is on her lips as she listens, another soft chuckle as he nudges her and, after his words, she adds, “Too bad you never found Hawai’i. You would have loved the natural resources we had.”

Ears perk as he speaks of his family and, something in his voice tells her that Ilious is no more. Red brows furrow as Keahi opens her mouth to offer sympathetic words when a sea lion’s call pulls her attention away from the stormy male. A large group of the creatures have broken into the fish store and half eaten bodies of the Armada’s catch lay strew about the black sandy beach. Blue eyes widen and she shout, “HEY! Those aren’t yours! Get away!” Looking up to the tall Mercury, a smile flashes across her face as she says, “Shall we teach them a lesson?”

A wink it tossed to Mercury as Keahi breaks away, red paws racing toward the nearest cluster of barking seals. She growls and barks back, rushing at them and flashing her teeth as she gets closer.

"Keahi Mogotsi"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-24-2022, 10:55 PM
“I’m sorry” He said softly, wondering if she was still looking for a way home, or if she was too far settled into the Armada. He knew that he would be sorry to see her go, but he also knew the strength of the call of home. His own heart felt knotted in his chest, and he let out a long, soft breath to relieve some of the pressure. Sometimes, the homesickness was like a blow.

Before either wolf could say any more, they arrived at the stores and found the sea lions that Keahi had spoken of. She was bang on about the mischief of the creatures. Mercury shook out a paw and gave her an eager smile. “Game on” He said, and fell into a run at the same moment she did. Racing towards the sea lions. He let out a vicious snarl in an attempt to startle them on his approach.

"Speech"

Keahi

"Until We Meet Again"

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Hermes

07-24-2022, 11:15 PM

The soft sorry that Mercury offers has Keahi’s ocean blues looking up to him, a gentle understanding passing between the two wolves. Homesickness can be difficult to handle but the fact that she can go home must sting. A sad, knowing smile passes over her red lips and she dips her head in silent thanks.

The next words are stolen away by the sea lions and their rowdiness but, as Keahi looks to the stormy Mercury, the red woman finds the same eagerness to chase them off as she has. Her smile grows as he agrees and the pair move in sync, charging toward the sea lions that dot their beach.

Mercury’s snarl and Keahi’s bark pull the closest group of lions attentions to them and her red form races up to a small cluster to snap at them. They bark at her, challenging her claim to the fish and she strikes out at the nearest one’s face. She opens wounds on its cheek and the group starts to retreat, attempting to grab more of the food as they go. Keahi won’t let that stand.

"Keahi Mogotsi"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-24-2022, 11:36 PM
The two arrived at the stores and the sea lions and Walrus’. Instead of cowering from the towering direwolf, the sealion stretched out its neck (and man, did it suddenly have a lot of neck) and hissed at him. It was Mercury getting a shock as he paused at the strange gurgling hiss emanating from the Sealion.

Keahi, more familiar with the creatures, was already diving into her fight. Cutting into the blubbery skin, and leaving streaks of red in her wake. Mercury turned back to his hissing opponent and snarled again. Striking forward as quickly as he could he scoured a glancing blow with his paw as it tried to latch onto his neck. He smacked its face, deflecting the attack and finally getting some caution from it. “Get, go on, get!” He snarled, waving his paws in its face as it finally turned and began to run away. “You didn’t warn me they were so.. Weird” he teased Keahi

"Speech"

Keahi

"Until We Meet Again"

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Hermes

07-24-2022, 11:48 PM

Sea lions hiss and bark at them, and Keahi spies a few of the large, tusked walruses mixed in the lions. She rushes in, biting the face of one lion and forcing the group to start heading toward the water line. Eyes move to where Mercury fights and she has to bite down a laugh at the look of utter shock on the stormy wolf’s face. The blubbery creatures are a strange sight for someone who has not seen them and the red woman is glad she got to see the face he made.

One of her group hisses and grabs at a fat fish that is near her paws and she turns back toward it quickly smacking a red paw at its face. It hisses, she snarls, and it backs away. Mercury’s words split the air and Keahi barks out a laugh as he teases her about them being weird. Lunging forward, she bites at a lion, leaving more bloody wounds along this creature’s neck. Casting a glance to Mercury, the red woman happily shouts, “Hey Mercury! You should know, they can be… weird.” Laughter follows her as she stomps the ground to force her hissing group toward the water.

"Keahi Mogotsi"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-25-2022, 12:17 AM
Keahi was certainly doing more damage. She was comfortable fighting the creatures, and internally he cheered her own as she landed blow after blow. Mercury was more cautious, taking on a different approach as he attempted to herd them off the beach that the Armada owned.

“Thanks Keahi, I’ll keep that in mind!’ he shouted back, laughing softly under his breath as he finally managed to get the sea lion off the beach and back out to sea. He bared his fangs at it again, and wondered if this was enough of a threat to scare them off for good. “You think we should spend some time making this sea lion proof?” he mused.

"Speech"

Keahi

"Until We Meet Again"

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Hermes

07-25-2022, 12:31 AM

The sea lions are bold creatures but, when faced with injury, they turn shy. Keahi herds her cluster of three toward the water, the red woman far more comfortable fighting these creature’s than Mercury. They quip back and forth as they work, the stormy wolf managing to drive one sea lion off the beach. She bites at her group, forcing three of them to flee into the cold water. The rest of the creatures on the beach get the idea and cut their losses, grabbing what fish they can and starting to return to the water. Looking to Mercury, she teases, “Sea lion proof? Oh yeah… might be a good idea.” Another laugh and wink as she continues to encourage the angry beasts toward the water.

"Keahi Mogotsi"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-25-2022, 12:46 AM
“Great. Any suggestions?” he laughed at the absurdity of it. He’d never thought he’d be chasing off sea lions, or attempting to build something that they couldn’t break into. “They seem big and clumsy and all that blubber must slow them down. I guess anything that requires dexterity would stop them in their tracks” he mused out loud. Maybe they just needed to build the hut a little higher, make it a bit of a jump to get inside.

He shrugged, and looked over at Keahi. She was the current reigning expert on the things. If anyone could think of a way to keep them out, he had a feeling it would be her.

"Speech"

Keahi

"Until We Meet Again"

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Hermes

07-25-2022, 01:13 AM

Blue eyes bream with mirth as Keahi looks to Mercury, the stormy-hued wolf’s laugh pulling her lips into a joyful grin. She listens to him muse, nodding in agreement as she slaps a paw at a bark lion that passes by her. With a snarl at the rude lion, the red woman nods to the hut and says, “These things cannot jump that high and they don’t like pain. A short barrier of sharpened stakes would go a long way to protect our fishing stores.” A walrus slides by, the massive tusks imposing but the fat, slow creature does not worry her. Looking at the creature, she bares her teeth to keep it moving before adding, “Maybe even put some stakes near the water line to keep them off the beach.”

"Keahi Mogotsi"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-25-2022, 01:26 AM
“Then I guess we’re sharpening some stakes” he agreed, watching her keep the line of sea creatures moving. “Or we could just get you a crook and call you a shepard” he teased, watching until the last of the creatures were finally off the beach. Today had already been enlightening for him.

“Perhaps you could tell me more about hawai’i while we start sharpening some stakes? If you want to talk about it, I’d love to hear it” he said, giving her a soft opening that she could easily back out of if she wasn’t comfortable discussing the place she had been born. He would leave it entirely up to her.

"Speech"

Keahi

"Until We Meet Again"

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Hermes

07-25-2022, 01:50 AM

Keahi chuckles and nods in agreement about the stakes before barking a sharp, joyful laugh at his next words. Eyes dance as she looks to Mercury, saying, “Shepard of the sea creatures. Hmm. It does have a nice ring to it…” She gives him a teasing wink and starts to moves up the beach, gathering the scattered fish carcasses and making a pile of them. Eyes turn to Mercury as he asks what Hawai’i is like and she offers a warm smile, continuing to clean up the area while saying, “It is beautiful Mercury. A tropical paradise, unlike any other. Fruit trees laden with delicious food, flowers as big as your head, and the ocean calling to you every night.”

A dreamy smile is on her red lips as Keahi grabs a fish in her maw and places it on the pile. With the area almost clear, she pauses a moment to look at Mercury and says, “It is beautiful Mercury.” Giving herself a small shake, as if to dispel a vision, she asks, “What about your home Mercury? What is it like?” Keahi does not realize the slip of her tongue as she looks to the stormy male.

"Keahi Mogotsi"

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-25-2022, 02:06 AM
He smiled at the fondness in her tone. “Perhaps we can find a ship to take you back there some time, Keahi. Maybe not forever, but at least to visit and let your family know what happened to you” or would she want to stay, if she found a way back? She spoke of it with such fondness. Would he leave, if he found out his home had somehow survived? He wasn’t sure. It would be a war between the life he was building for himself here, and the one he had left behind. Perhaps offering wasn’t the kindest thing.

He helped her clean up some of the discarded fish. “My home was…” he paused, closing his eyes for a moment. “It was set behind a crystal clear lake, and surrounded by a forest of trees. In the trees were generations of wind chimes, and when the wind brushed through it sang with all the voices of the wolves that had been before.”

"Speech"

Keahi

"Until We Meet Again"

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Hermes

07-28-2022, 08:40 PM

Mercury’s smile pulls a fond smile of her own to her red lips. He speaks of finding a ship and Keahi dips her head in agreement, softly saying, “Maybe one day.” The edges of her eyes crinkle in uncertainty, a small, subtle hint that something darker lurks beneath the surface of her story. But the red woman does not want to bother her stormy friend with such a dark tale and instead questions him about his home. The pair make quick work of the discarded fish carcass that the seals and walruses had left scattered about.

When Mercury begins to talk of his home, Keahi can’t help but stop and look up at him. The way he refers to it in the past tense causes a tightening her chest at the reminder of what she has and what he can never again see. He talks of a lake and the red woman can see it, the still waters reflecting the trees and windchimes that surround it. The water is the blue of Mercury eyes, that hide for the moment, seeing a place and time past. The red wolf has never seen a wind chime but, the way that he speaks so fondly of them, the tropical woman want to discover what they sound like.

Softly, Keahi says, “It sounds… magical.” Words fail the red woman as she imagines what losing her island would feel like. Tears prick the back of her eyes and, without another a word, she moves up to Mercury’s taller form and places her head on his shoulder. She sits in silence, leaning into him, offering him quiet strength to speak of painful times and a safe place to grieve… if he wishes to.

"Keahi Mogotsi"