Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
07-17-2022, 02:48 PM
Seeing the familiar form in the distance, the Warlord veered off course and made his way towards the other woman. Raising a paw in greeting as he got closer “Wren” He said as he approached the younger wolf. “The scent of your wolves is getting stronger, and I see your doing well for supplies. How confident are you feeling?” he asked as he stopped before her.

He knew he would be losing her soon to start her own pack - that was all part of the plan of course. Yet he found himself feeling a little melancholy. Realising he wouldn’t have her around the pack anymore. At least she wasn’t moving far. He already found he had an attachment to the woman. That familiar desire to hold those that mattered to him close still reared his head - he just had better control of it these days.

"Speech"

Art by Salt

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
07-18-2022, 03:49 PM
"Sirius."

The Col would remain her abode until such time Menagerie could be formed. She was not surprised to see the Warlord here, but he sought her out instead of her showing up. He wanted to know about the pack and commented on their numbers and supplies regarding it. She dipped her head respectfully to her alpha and mentor.

"Better" she replied to his inquiry "there'll always be doubts, but the wolves I got look to me now. I can't exactly show that to them." Truthfully, she couldn't afford to show any sort of doubt to anyone. They were in it for the long run now. Armada was a friend and ally but

It could change. Lots of things could. She tried to keep positive. "So yeah, I'm feeling inspired and confident. But that's because of them, not my ego." She smiles thinly, more annoyed at herself than their faith in her.

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
07-24-2022, 04:11 PM
The Warlord nodded his head slowly, he’d had many doubts over the years. Losing wolves had been the hardest thing he’d faced. From death, to abandonment, to simply moving on. She was on the very beginning of her journey, and he had no doubt she would have much to face, and even more to learn. He intended to give her what support he could, but the best learning she could have was doing it for herself - and she was just about ready to take that plunge.

“I look forward to seeing what Menagerie becomes. If you do have doubts you can’t share with your wolves, you're always welcome to find me” He promised her. He knew it was best to let her find her own paws under her, but he would still give her support.

"Speech"

Art by Salt

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
07-24-2022, 05:23 PM
There was no possible way she could begin to pay him back - at least right away. The only thing she could hope to do for Sirius was to be a good neighbor and ally to Armada. "Thank you" she nods at his offer "let's hope for both our packs that nothing comes up that needs our fangs." She doesn't sigh, but states it knowingly. Tension, broken alliances, wars... Everything could go wrong in a heartbeat.

Wren didn't want that.

She wanted a nice, quiet and peaceful life. She wanted to be surrounded by wolves she knew and trusted. But she would defend her allies and friends with everything she had in her. "I'll ask you soon to release me. In a few days, maybe. I promised them all before summer, and spring is half over already." What a spring it had been too. What had they gained and lost, but mostly gained? Lots of things. She had gained Mercury back.

She had allies. Friends. It felt good to have something for herself for once.

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-24-2022, 05:32 PM
He gave her a toothy grin, exposing the fangs she spoke of. “And let these go rusty?” he teased. But he knew where she was coming from. She wanted time to let menagerie flourish into something. She didn’t need trouble coming her way.

“I thought you might be feeling that way.” he agreed when she spoke of being released soon. He had seen that she had good starting numbers and resources. She and her wolves had spent time securing the Gorge. They would be ready sooner than he wanted to let her go. But he would release her regardless. The possessive Warlord was better at hiding his dislike for letting his wolves go these days. “Are there any final preparations you need help with?”

"Speech"

Art by Salt

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
07-24-2022, 05:41 PM
"Only one."

Wren thought about a lot of things. About how to part from Armada successfully, without asking for help. She thought about challenging the old alpha before her, the Warlord, to a friendly spar. But - she didn't want her absence from the pack to be something untoward or riddled with hard feelings. She wouldn't be able to win against Sirius. She knew that.

"When Menagerie is settled, I'd like you to go with me to the Hallows" Wren raised a paw, pressing it against her chest "I have someone I can put in charge of the pack when I leave, and I know you have Azure and Basilisk to tend to things on your end" she paused, letting it sink in she knew about her friend's promotion "I would like to properly meet Artorias and Briar."

And exchange the gifts she had been working on in secret.

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Sirius

"Warlord"

The Hallows
High Councilor

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

07-24-2022, 05:45 PM
The Warlord gave her a warm smile at her interest in meeting his daughter and son in law. “That one might be even easier than you think” he said, a teasing note in his tone. He had already put something in motion, missing his daughter and wanting to give them the chance to see how the Armada was growing. “I invited them up to the Col to see the Armada - they haven’t seen the pack since our move from the Plains” he explained to her.

“Perhaps you could visit with the Armada at the same time, and meet them then? I’d be happy to introduce you” He offered.

"Speech"

Art by Salt

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
07-24-2022, 06:43 PM
"And here I thought I was doing you a favor" Wren sneered at the aging Warlord "making tracks to see your daughter, only for you to swoop that idea right out from me" She didn't draw it against him though, amused more than anything. She barked laughter "fine, I can easily come visit. Just send Keahi to us and... I dunno. We can do a festival or mingle."

She shrugged. "The flower crown is done. I froze it in some snow so it'd keep" Wren informs Sirius "I'm trying to scavenge or trade for a better piece of cloth than I found for Artorias" She wanted purple or something rarer, like gold. But it was too hard to find sometimes - especially gold! "but I'll make sure to keep an eye out for the Hallows progression. We'll make a splash." She smiled at the thought of meeting more wolves.

More potential allies, and friends.

"Speech"
put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me