gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

Dream WeaverSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipVengeanceUnderachieverDouble Master
OverachieverHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethOoh La La1KCritical Fail!
Critical Attack!The Ooze Participant
07-17-2022, 04:38 PM

Similar to the tail he now adorned, the smell of whitetail deer flowed into his nostrils. The idea of hunting pleased the tight knots in his stomach. Distracted by the girl with the moon marking, the boy thought maybe getting a kill to bring home would help. He didn't want just one deer though, that wouldn't be challenging enough. No, this time he wanted to try to get a few of them. After a while of stewing on what to do, Ghoul set out on gathering pliable but strong enough vines and thick enough branches to hold them into the ground. Sharpening the ends of the sticks and tying the vines to the would take some time so he sat his butt down and got to work.

1/3 craft a trap
0/3 hunt an animal

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Festival OrganizerWealthyLegendaryHomebodyWinnerVengeance
Critical Dodge!LoserCritical Fail!By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - Aromantic
SocialiteSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipScarredDouble MasterOoh La La
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethSnake EyesOverachieverPride - Asexual1K
Dream WeaverUnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Treat 2019
07-17-2022, 05:08 PM

Another day, another...Ghoul! Maybe she was getting good at tracking, or maybe it was just dumb luck. Whatever the case, she came across his trail and tracked it down. It didn't take long for her to find him again, and just like last time, he appeared to be making more traps. She still wasn't sure what to think of him. Whether she could call him a friend. If she could trust him or not. Sure she didn't have a problem talking to him, but...she felt like she had to be a bit more reserved. He was, after all, Recluse's son. And she didn't trust that bitch or her other kids at all!

She approached him again, dual-toned gaze was friendly as she approached. If he was making what she thought he was, he would need the help, right? She sat down nearby before slowly reaching for one of the sticks (think cartoon fashion) and bringing it towards her, all the while keeping her gaze on him. If he didn't want her help, then she'd go. But then he'd be stuck doing all this work by himself.

"Medusa"

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c:

Ghoul

"Sore Loser"

Loner

Master Hunter (305)

Master Fighter (440)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

OverachieverHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethOoh La La1KCritical Fail!
07-17-2022, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2022, 05:59 PM by Ghoul. Edited 1 time in total.)

Once more entranced by his task at hand, Ghoul only noticed Medusa's approach when she went reaching for a stick. Maybe he was used to her unusual scent (was putrid a better word?). Or maybe he didn't care since Macabre had dead animals hanging about his den all the time and they conveniently lived next to each other. Glancing up without stopping his task of sharpening his stick with the sharp claws of his glove, he would have raised an eyebrow if he could have. "Medusa is welcome to help if she pleases. More paws the better," his statement was straightforward as he nodded his chin at the pile he was accruing. Putting his attention back to the task, he made to start tying the vines into loops and attaching to the stakes while she sharpened them.

2/3 craft a trap
0/3 hunt an animal

Medusa

"Do you want to meet all my monsters? Think you're tough, I know they'll drive you bonkers!"

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

Critical Dodge!LoserCritical Fail!By A WhiskerRapid Poster - RainbowPride - Aromantic
How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! By the skin of my teethSnake EyesOverachieverPride - Asexual1K
07-17-2022, 06:32 PM

Her tail thumped on the ground when he said she was okay to help him! So she quickly got to work on sharpening the sticks. She had worn the sharpened claw covers she had made a while back, so she used her claws and teeth to whittle one end of a stick until it was sharp enough that she was sure it would impale, and then moved onto another. They had a lot of pieces of wood, so she was under the assumption that he was looking to either get one really big animal, or several smaller ones. Whatever the case, she worked quietly (for once in her life), and whittled and sharpened until she was satisfied that they had enough to work with.

"Medusa"

Please note: Medusa is a wildcard! While she is mostly kind, friendly, and eager to help, she can equally be cold, aggressive, and eager to murder you depending on how you treat her! She refers to herself and often, others, in the third person (illeism), and occasionally has tics due to her Tourette's and may giggle and laugh at random, and may twitch here and there. She is a blood & gore type of character, and is not above killing, maiming, or other such violent actions if she's given a reason to do so. It's often in your best interest to not cross her or get on her bad side. Ya never know what she might do c:

Ghoul

"Sore Loser"

Loner

Master Hunter (305)

Master Fighter (440)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

07-17-2022, 07:06 PM

It was nice to work with someone who didn't speak very often. Plus, she picked up on the project without him needing to describe it in fine detail. Pleased with the handiwork of the odd girl, Ghoul continued tying slip loops with the other end attached to the sharpened stakes. Their pile was getting large with plenty for a whole herd of sheep. Or boars or deer or even turkeys. Whatever they could find that was close enough to chase this way. After a while, with their supplies bountiful, Ghoul finally looked up toward Medusa. "Let's go set these now over by those trees," he lifted a paw to point in the direction he intended. It was a rather clustered area where it would be easier to direct dumb animals too. Getting up with a stretch, he grabbed as much as he could (and left some for her, of course) and wandered over. Placing them spaciously enough apart but still close enough, Ghoul started shoving the stakes into the ground.

3/3 craft a trap
0/3 hunt an animal

Medusa

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

07-18-2022, 12:47 AM

As she sharpened the needed wood, Ghoul looped vines around the ones she finished. When she finished the last of them, she copied what he was doing with the last few and finished those before taking a deep breath of satisfaction at her work and waited for the next step. When he got up and told her where they would be setting up the trap, she got up and carried her load over to where he had said and started setting them up. She wondered what they could find here...the last time they had used a pit trap to catch some deer, but this one? She hadn't made a trap like this before. "How does this one work?" She asked as she shoved her stakes into the ground.

"Medusa"

Ghoul

"Sore Loser"

Loner

Master Hunter (305)

Master Fighter (440)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

07-18-2022, 08:54 AM

As Medusa helped him finish setting up the stakes, she inquired about how it worked. Glancing at her for a second, he smirked before moving over to where one of the loops lay. "If we get the animal running fast enough where they don't notice, their hoof or paw will hopefully catch in this loop and cause them to fall. They'll either break or strain the leg enough that it will make for easy work finishing them off. We put out a lot of them for a better chance to catch more than one," Ghoul explained as he tried to keep his explanation simple. Placing his own paw in the loop, he pulled up until the vine was tight around it to show her how it worked. "Make sense?" He asked as he turned his gaze to her while he removed the loop with his teeth. Once he was free, he tilted his nose up to scent the air. Dusk was beginning to fall and it would make for a good time to find prey. "I think I smell some boars east of us," Ghoul mentioned as he began trotting in that direction with one more look at Medusa.

3/3 craft a trap
1/3 hunt an animal

Medusa

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

07-19-2022, 04:05 AM
As she pounded a stake into the ground and set out the loop like she had been seeing him do, he explained to her how this particular trap worked. She stopped what she was doing and listened, keeping quiet as he talked. Her head tilted as her mind worked to make sense of it, but honestly, she was more of a visual learner. She liked to watch, and then try things for herself. Trial and error and all that. And lucky for her, he showed her what he explained! "Trap makes sense! Medusa understands," She exclaimed. It really was quite simple!

With the last stake in and the last loop set, she rolled her shoulders for a moment. Dusk was coming upon them, one of her favorite times to hunt! Already she could smell what was in the air now that she didn't have her face buried in wood and vines, and Ghoul had smelled them, too. She followed after him, eyes, ears, and nose peeled as they sought out their intended targets. She had fought and killed boar before with someone else, but she didn't recall having hunted with Ghoul before..

Ghoul

"Sore Loser"

Loner

Master Hunter (305)

Master Fighter (440)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

07-20-2022, 03:23 PM

Ghoul was glad that Medusa was a quick learner. Not having to explain everything in lengthy detail made the situation that much easier. Listening to the quiet pad of their steps as they made their way a bit farther from the falls, it wouldn't be long until the strong, musky scent of boar filled his nostrils. Pausing a moment to look around, he spotted them rooting around some nearby trees. Their path of destruction was obvious by the way the bushes had been flattened. "You take one side, I'll take the other," he whispered to Medusa before moving off to the left. Making a circle around the boars so they wouldn't be noticed, he waited in place until Medusa was ready. Nodding in her direction, Ghoul took off like a shot toward the boars. Listening to them squeal and panic was delightful as he began to chase them in the direction of the snares.

3/3 craft a trap
2/3 hunt an animal

Medusa

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

07-21-2022, 02:08 AM

They were getting closer to their prey. Medusa could smell the scent of boar growing stronger. She could hear the shuffling of their feet and the snorting they made as they dug around for food. She didn't know how many there were, but enough hopefully, that would make the traps a worthy spectacle should they run towards them. Ears flicked at Ghoul's instructions, a low giggle slipping past her jaws as she did what he instructed. She had hunted and fought a boar before, but this time? There likely wouldn't be any of that involved. They were going to chase them to the trap and let it do the dirty work.

She blended in with the background fairly well, and since Ghoul was someone she trusted slightly more than the other Habari wolves, she listened to him, and waited once they circled around their prey. She waited in position, anticipation nearly making her want to jump the gun a few times, but she waited for his signal. Once he gave it, she shot out of cover like a bat out of hell, barking and snarling as the pair stirred the pot and sent the pigs into a panic, chasing them towards the snares.

"Medusa"

Ghoul

"Sore Loser"

Loner

Master Hunter (305)

Master Fighter (440)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
ghostliem

08-02-2022, 06:28 PM

It was exhilarating chasing after the boars. Adrenaline filled every vein as he snapped and snarled at the group of boars. Listening to their panicked cries and stumbling steps, he could feel the excitement building inside of him. Keeping pace around the side of the cluster, he helped drive them closer and closer to the traps. As they neared their goal, Ghoul pushed the boars a little harder so they would continue racing forward toward the traps without noticing them ahead of time. Their victims were too caught up in attempting to escape to pay attention and the lack of intelligence would be a bonus to the wolves.

One by one, the boars' legs began to slip into the snares and snap backward as they were pulled taut. Unfortunately, a few would escape due to being able to rip the stakes out of the ground, but as Ghoul slid to a stop, he began to count. With his tongue lolling from the side of his mouth, panting hard, he counted at least six boars squirming and squealing as they tried to escape. "Quick, Medusa. Slit their throats or snap their necks," he barked at the girl, knowing she would find enjoyment in doing so. Settling on the three closest to him, Ghoul made work of clamping down on the animals' spines and giving them a hard jerk until their bodies fell limp.

Stepping back to admire their handiwork, he gave Medusa a beaming smile. "Fun, isn't it? And a lot easier," Ghoul mused as his deer-like tail gave a few wags of happiness.

3/3 craft a trap
3/3 hunt an animal

Medusa

Insomnia
Daemon

Master Fighter (684)

Master Hunter (325)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Dragon Mod

08-02-2022, 07:00 PM

Teeth snapped and dirt flew as she chased after them, not getting too close to make them scatter and not staying too far back to make them slow. Their squeals of panic were music to her ears, and it only urged the skeletal marked woman on as they chased the group of boards straight towards the traps. As Ghoul pushed harder, so did she, even catching one on the backside with her teeth and sending it scurrying further ahead. One at a time, they started to get caught up in the traps. Legs broke, pained squeals were sung, and at the end of the whole commotion, there were at least six of them caught and struggling to get free.

She skids to a stop just past the captured group, and when Ghoul said to break necks or slit throats, she was all over it! She turned around and immediately went for the closest boar, the claw covers that were blended on her own dark nails emerged and she slashed one throat, spilling blood into the dirt as the boar convulsed and bled out, before moving onto the next to do the same thing to that one. The last one she had to kill received a vicious bite, grip, and shake as she ripped out its throat, blood splattered on the ground and her fur as she giggled with mirth. Well, it wasn't as good as killing one of her own species, but it was satisfying enough for now!

"Fun, isn't it? And a lot easier," Medusa nodded when she was done, turning to face Ghoul as she shook her blood-splattered pelt. "Medusa is going to remember this!" She said gleefully, placing a paw on a fallen boar that had finally gone still.

"Medusa"