gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

TeacherIsland HopperSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipSocialiteBest Buds
HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
VengeanceOverachieverOoh La LaWealthyMammoth HunterFestival Organizer
ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerBeeventLegendaryWordySnake Eyes
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
Critical Hit!Christmas 2019Trick 2019Costume Contest 2019Promptober 2019
07-19-2022, 12:14 PM
After her last talk with Plague Venom had immediately left Ashen to go and fetch the man she found herself unexplainably falling for. He was both scoundrel and gentleman but Venom felt desire for both sides of him. Her brother had been the one to help her realize exactly what she wanted to, he helped open her eyes to the possibilities right in front of her nose. Maverick felt it too, and really she had known since the Hallows wedding. Maverick’s wooing of her was unexpected, unconventional, and perhaps a bit inappropriate. However, the Empress couldn’t have been happier with the place he brought them to.

The present was perfect, he made her forget about the past and cease meddling with the future, but her thoughts couldn’t stray from those not so distant reaches. The youngest of the pack were now yearlings so the time returned to think on bringing new puppies into Ashen. As it was, she and Plague were the reproducing individuals in the pack. Already her mind was swimming through the different paths their pack could take. One of her greatest questions was if her eldest children were ready to accept this role.

Ikigai volunteered herself for that, but the fruits of her union would be born to Elysium. Venom needed to think about Ashen. She had Anko fetch Plague to bring him to the great hall. There was a tiny fire for her to warm a bit of water for a mild tea. There was still a chill of winter, and it would be good to have a beverage as she spoke so seriously with her brother and Daimyo.
[Image: ven-sig.png]

Plague

Loner

Master Fighter (270)

Master Intellectual (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

Critical Block!The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Double MasterPride - GayMammoth Hunter
1KHalloween 2020 - Haunted House
07-19-2022, 10:49 PM

Plague was in the spacious room he shared with Void, Rava, and their children, looking around at the empty space a bit wistfully. It felt like just yesterday that he had been been cuddled up with the lot of them, the pups barely old enough to have their eyes open, and had been the only one awake as he watched the rest of his family sleep. It was a memory that felt so fresh still, but their children were already yearlings. They were old enough now that they were starting to venture out on their own and were spending far less time at home, growing their wings and branching off as they sharpened their skills. The meeting they had to assign their mentors had really been the moment that had forced him to realize that they were not babies any more, no matter how hard that was to accept.

He blinked with a small shake of his head as Anko stepped into the room, breaking him out of his wandering thoughts. Looking to his sister's companion, he nodded and followed her to where Venom was waiting for him by a small fire. He smiled softly and more than willingly came to join her at her side, settling down beside her. He always came without question whenever she requested his presence, knowing that it was always either something important or just a chance to spend time with his sister when their busy lives kept them doing that often. Either way, he was happy to answer her call. He could tell from her expression that something was on her mind so he gave her a curious look with a raised brow. "What's on your mind?"

Plague Abraxas-Destruction

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

Master Intellectual (279)

An icon representing the specialty Bulwark Bulwark

An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

HomebodyWinnerAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Double MasterHalloween 2020 - Witches HutGold Medal 2020Valentines 2020Dream WeaverVolcano
07-20-2022, 04:55 AM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2022, 04:55 AM by Venom. Edited 1 time in total.)
Leaving Ikigai in Elysium had been the moment for her, the realization that her children were grown and taking their own paths. That their family was evolving and she would have to let her baby birds fly. She knew Iki would be taken care of to Manea’s best ability so she tried not to worry her mind, but it would be a long time until her heart was healed. Venom put the circumstance from her mind, what was done was done, and the whole of the Empire would be stronger for her and more importantly her daughter’s sacrifice.

Venom began to pour the tea right as the akita brought the Daimyo into the great hall. Sunset gaze lifted as he approached and didn’t hesitate to lower himself at her side. Venom gave Plague a small grin as he made himself comfortable. ”Plague,” she greeted him warmly but he already knew something was up as he questioned her as he settled in. Venom gently slid the bowl of tea intended for him towards his paws as she dwelled a moment longer on how she wished to say all she had to say.

”Have you been properly introduced to Maverick yet?” She suspected the answer, with her keeping the man ‘occupied’ within the royal chambers there had been little time for a meet and greet yet. ”And I assume you were able to say your farewells to Ikigai.” Her expression grew a bit sad, but she tried to hide it. Whatever the answers to her questions turned out to be, there was the pressing matter at hand. ”With your children graduating to apprentices it's becoming time to welcome new pups into Ashen again.” She really could have made these decisions herself, but she wanted her brother and closest confidant to talk through everything with. ”I’m just not entirely convinced who should bear them.”

Plague

Loner

Master Fighter (270)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

Critical Block!The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Double MasterPride - GayMammoth Hunter
07-21-2022, 04:32 PM

Plague wrapped his paws around the warm cup of tea as it was slid over to him with a grateful nod, his emerald talons clinking lightly against the ceramic of the mug. He had jumped right into his curiosity over what was on his sister's mind and she wouldn't keep him in suspense. He chuckled softly at the mention of Maverick and whether he had been properly introduced to her new suitor and he gave a small shake of his head in response. "No, I haven't had the chance to speak with him yet. He's been quite occupied it seems," he said with a teasing grin. In all honesty, he was happy for his sister despite his natural tendency to be over protective and concerned about her and her previously broken heart. He had never noticed Venom and Hattori have any kind of passion in their relationship so it was good to see that she was getting that this time around. "Hopefully I'll get a chance to interrogate—I mean, get to know your boyfriend soon enough." He chuckled again and lifted the tea to his lips, taking a slow sip.

He gave a slightly sad nod when she asked about saying his goodbyes to Ikigai. He knew they would still be able to see his niece when they wished to and from what he had heard the Elysium was fond of the elegant girl so he hoped she would be in good paws, but it was of course always difficult to see one of their family go on their own way. He saw the sadness in his sister's expression at the topic and gave her an encouraging smile, leaning over to press his nose to her cheek. "She's a wise one. She'll be fine," he assured her quietly. He knew that separating from her daughter wasn't going to be easy no matter what he said, but as always he would be here to comfort her whenever she needed.

Then Venom brought up what felt like the biggest topic at hand—the fact that his children being yearlings opened them up to the possibility of welcoming more pups into their family. He blinked with surprise and chuckled as he let out a slow breath, grinning slightly. "More pups... Gods, it hardly feels like any time has passed since I welcomed mine into the world." He gave a little shake of his head in disbelief that a whole year had already passed and they could even consider having another litter. "Well... I guess the real question is do you feel strongly enough about Maverick that you would want to have him as the father to your children?" he questioned, giving her a raised, curious brow. "I imagine that Rava would probably agree to having children again if I asked it of her, but my children are just now finding their own paths. I would rather give you the chance to have the next litter if you desire it." It was hard for him to imagine having more pups so soon, but he loved being a father and did hope to have more at some point in the future. He just wasn't sure now was the time.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

07-22-2022, 05:17 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2022, 05:17 AM by Venom. Edited 1 time in total.)
Plague had not yet had the chance to formally meet with Maverick yet, but as he said, the man had been quite occupied. Like a new toy, Venom hadn’t really wanted to put him down yet. She gave her brother a Klein-like smirk as he teased her. He mentioned he’d have a chance to ‘interrogate’ him soon and he made Venom chuckle amusedly. ”Interrogate if you want, you have my permission to give him a hard time.” They both took a sip of tea as the conversation moved along to her sweet Ikigai.

Or rather, not hers any longer. Taking her north had been the most difficult trip she had ever taken. Seeing her girl all grown up and finding her place gave Venom a little comfort, but having to let go of her baby hadn’t been easy at all. Plague was forever the supportive brother though, and even if words would never be enough he tried. He nuzzled her cheek and assured her that Iki would exceed everyone’s expectations. Venom had to believe it or her heart would break again. ”Yes,” she said softly, sniffling lightly as the emotions threatened to overwhelm her again.

She took a deep breath and onward they continued to the meat of their meeting. The time had flown by, his children were yearlings now while hers were becoming full fledged adults. She couldn’t argue it felt like yesterday she was giving birth, and yet so much had happened since then and so very much had changed. The only real options before them were the two of them. She didn’t believe any of her eldest were prepared to take on a parental role quite yet, and she did indeed have a shiny new boyfriend to consider sharing genes with.

”I am very fond of him.” She mused over another sip of tea. Plague mentioned Rava would likely be willing, but he wasn’t so sure he was ready or rather his pups were ready for younger siblings. ”Hmm..” With Ikigai leaving so recently she didn’t want anyone to think her mother was trying to replace her, but with her children already poised on their paths she was the better candidate to welcome new life to their home. ”I believe that means we both have some conversations to have with my suitor.” Venom chuckled softly.

Plague

Loner

Master Fighter (270)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Medium
player

07-26-2022, 04:31 PM

Plague's emerald gaze lingered on Venom's face as she seemed to think over and consider his position on the matter. It was easy for him to hand over the task and honor of having more children to his sister. Considering he had them more recently than her it made sense that it would pass back to her again. The fact that Hattori had abandoned them certainly threw a bit of a curve ball into those plans, however, but as Venom thought over the options she responded with he fact that she was in fact very fond of Maverick. Plague chuckled and smirked as he took another sip of the warm tea between his paws. That seemed like answer enough to him. He didn't think that a relationship necessarily needed a long time to be serious—especially not now that they were old enough and worldly enough to know exactly what they wanted out of their lives. Venom had loved and been burned and would certainly know what she did and didn't want out of her partner now. Maverick seemed to be checking all of the boxes for her so it made sense to him that they would start a family together if Maverick was so inclined.

She hummed and mentioned how they both had conversations to have with the blue and white male and he laughed, giving her a wicked grin. "I think we certainly do." He trusted Venom to have good judgment about these things, but he had made the mistake of not getting to know Hattori well enough to catch any warning signs for his sister before they came to a catastrophe and he wouldn't make the same mistake again. Venom was the last one of their siblings that remained in his life and he cherished her deeply so he had to make sure that whoever she was trusting her heart too would do the same. He playfully nudged her shoulder with his own and added, "I am excited to be an uncle again though." He loved her children as much as he did his own and it wouldn't be any different this time.

Venom

Loner

Master Fighter (275)

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
KatG6

07-31-2022, 05:05 AM
Thinking about how happy Maverick made her, and how much joy would be had from a new litter of puppies, the decision should have been an easy one to make, but inwardly Venom felt hesitation. She was still afraid that Maverick was going to leave her. That she was going to ask too much of him, and he would decide life would have been easier without her. She knew it was a chance that she needed to take, because the thought of Mav fathering her children was overwhelming compared to her fear. She put her trust in him, and she would do so now. Venom gave Maverick her heart, he would not spurn her for this.

Venom was eager to see what Plague really thought of Maverick, and she wished she could be a fly on that wall when they finally spoke. No one could have predicted Hattori’s actions, he had once promised her forever, and that scar would remain even now as she recovered with the sky blue and white man. Trusting him was a feat that came from the bottom of her heart. He knew what she had been through, so she would hope he would not bring her down the same path.

Plague promised he would give Mav a hard time, but followed up by telling her how excited he was to be an uncle again. Venom grinned at his word, honestly she was looking forward to being a mother again. Now that her eldest were well grown and starting lives of their own, she was eager to bring new life into the world and to Ashen. Even more she felt a warmth in her breast at the thought of giving those children to Maverick. "Now that I’ve said the words… I’m eager to become a mother again.” She grinned up at her brother, bumping his shoulder lightly with her own. She was always glad and grateful for these little talks. He always knew what to say to her.

"Venom"