Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
07-24-2022, 01:48 PM

It was nearly time to form the pack.

Wren buzzed with impatience, excitement... She had gathered good wolves with good morals. Wolves that could grow and learn. Humbled by experiences and work hard through cooperation... That's what she wanted for them. Approaching the ship, she came here with intention. There was barely any scent in the air to tell her it was occupied but would it have mattered? They were all used to the Gorge by now.

No, Wren was here for a different reason. She entered the cracked hull, glancing around before going deeper. Unaware she was being followed, her interest lay in scavenging for... reasons. Beauregard had told her that the ship had lots of things. Maybe she would find a suitable gift here. Sniffing and prodding various corners, she came upon a blue bottle. It was aged but otherwise intact. It reminded her of his eyes.

Stormy, but clear.

She placed it carefully away in the satchel she wore. A noise behind her caused Wren to flinch, but she sighed relief when she recognized the man's scent. He came into sight soon enough. "Merc" she breathed, closing the gap and nibbling gently on his neck "what are you doing here?" She assumed he was off doing things, a perfect excuse to slip away.

"Wren" & "Mercury"

put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-24-2022, 07:14 PM

Mercury didn’t often head into the Northern territories. Heading too far into the snow led him only to danger and bitter cold. His run in with the polar bear wasn’t one he would likely forget any time soon. He was out by the wall, stretching his legs in the barren territory there when he caught her scent trail.

Surprised at finding it leading so far into the North, he followed it. Her encounter with the bear still rich in his mind/ a polar bear would be… indescribably worse. His heartbeat picking up lightly in his chest, the stormy wolf allowed himself to follow the path she left behind. Following after his… What was she to him now? He supposed they had all the time in the world to figure that out.

His paw crunched ice as approached the hull, and he found Wren at the same instance her head moved in his direction. He offered her a smile, his eyes quickly skating up her body. Ensuring himself she was in one piece. “I could ask you much the same” he teased, voice light as he pulled himself into the ship. “I was stretching my legs by the wall, and caught your scent” He said, giving in the info she wanted. It was hard to tell Wren no to anything.

"Wren" & "Mercury"

[Image: dg62nk4-76f92f5f-869b-474b-8882-b89098d6...nlMae_v5_o]

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
07-24-2022, 07:33 PM

She raised a brow at him and chuckled. "You could, couldn't you?" Wren replied to his indirect question "I was just scavenging for guild trade things" She wasn't trying to be vague, but if he pressed she'd give in and answer. There was no use hiding things, even if she wanted it to be a surprise " then I'm going to go back to Armada and clear my den there." It was finally happening.

She was going to be an alpha. "Sirius released me from Armada" she informs Mercury "Menagerie is going to happen soon" very soon, in a matter of days "so that means" she walked back from him, inspecting his mood and reaction "we'll have to find a den at the Gorge, won't we?" She empathized 'we'.

"Wren" & "Mercury"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-24-2022, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2022, 07:54 PM by Mercury. Edited 1 time in total.)

Mercury was very much looking forward to putting down roots in the Menagerie. He had thoughts on them finding a den together, and making it their own. An unfamiliar insecure part of him wondered if that was what she wanted, but he pushed down the feeling. He would approach the question when they moved, and she would agree or veto the idea of dening together. He was not a lovestruck child, and they would handle this like adults.

“Would you like a hand clearing out your den?” He asked her politely. He hadn’t accumulated much since arriving here. Much of what he gathered he had placed into a communal space. “I’ve seen wagons in the Armada, do you think your alpha friend would approve of us using them?” He asked her with a crooked smile. Thinking of the supplies they would need to move as well.

We'll have to find a den at the Gorge, won't we? it was like she had read his mind. He paused for a moment, an expression of surprise frozen on his face. One that melted into warmth, and he lowered his lashes a little, his expression smouldering. “I look forward to doing exactly that”

"Wren" & "Mercury"

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
07-24-2022, 10:32 PM

"There's not a lot of things there, but yes" she nodded "I have the windchime, but not much else of importance or value to me. Just a few pelts of fur" Things she had hunted down in Boreas and added to her cache. Perhaps as a Guildmaster, Wren would learn to appreciate items beyond their value "I can ask Sirius" she continued with a thoughtful look "and of course, the supplies at the Cove could use a wagon." She grinned.

Mercury seemed to pause when she proclaimed her desire. She smirked at him, wagging her tail. "It won't be a secret" not to their guildmates, not to anyone "why hide it?" Especially since rumors could float regardless if she told the others or not "unless you want to hide it?" she teased him "though I doubt you have any rivals for my affection." Tanelan aside, she didn't know his feelings. Or rather, she was ignorant to them. Still, it was a gesture of amusement.

"Wren" & "Mercury"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-24-2022, 11:05 PM

Mercury nodded his head “It was the Cove I was thinking of for the wagon. We could pack everyone up in one go that way” he explained. It sounded like Wren didn’t have much in the way of belongings, either. He thought of his ship, which had been lined with novelties from all the places he had been. Losing it had paled in light of losing his people, but it was still a loss. He had enjoyed the momentous of things that mattered to him.

“I didn’t know where you wanted to stand, but I approve.” he said. Climbing further into the ship, closer to her. He placed a paw over hers, and smiled up at her. “My feelings aren’t fleeting. When I chose you, it was for life.” he gave her an almost shy smile “I just didn’t want to alarm you with that too early” he teased gently.

"Wren" & "Mercury"

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
07-24-2022, 11:26 PM

She smiled, not thin or amused. Full of emotion despite the small gesture of it. She looked down at his paw on her own. "Same here" she replied truthfully, Menagerie aside "I thought I scared you off the first time... When I failed famously at admitting what I wanted" Wren smiled thinly now, embarrassed at the disaster it had been. How insensitive it had been; or rather, how she had been "but I want you, Mercury. Not just for a night. Just you."

She dipped her head to press her snout against his chest, rubbing her nose against him. "I don't really know how to label it" she admitted "it's too soon, I think, to be called mates. But... I'd like to be your woman all the same. You're mine, I'm yours. We shouldn't label it for now. Isn't that enough?" Is it enough they knew what they meant to each other? Or did he want it officially? She was coming up on her third year, not getting any younger... But Menagerie...

She had made a vow to those wolves. It wouldn't do to see their alpha be a lovesick fool. Maybe come summer, they could be official. Until then, she was happy holding his paw. Happy being near him. Happy she had his support and love.

"Wren" & "Mercury"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-24-2022, 11:43 PM

He chuckled lightly “No, I just needed a moment to come to terms with it” He explained. He would always have that insecurity of losing her. He had lost too much now for it not to be a constant fear in the back of his mind. Reminding him how fleeting and unstable life could be.

“I like that idea. Let us find our equilibrium before we stick labels on things. For now, all that matters is that you feel the same” he agreed. They would move the menagerie, pick out a den together and the two of them could have a chance to feel out what this thing building between them meant.

“So what are you doing out on this ship, anyway?” He wondered.

"Wren" & "Mercury"

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
07-25-2022, 12:50 PM

"I wish you didn't ask me again" she chuckled, sheepishly lowering the satchel to the earth and pulling out the blue bottle "I don't like sneaking around and I don't like to lie... But you... made me that beautiful wind chime. I wanted to make you something too. So I found this bottle" She flushed "and I was going to take it back to Armada's Marketplace... find someone to break it down, smooth it out. M-Make you a necklace with the glass."

Wren didn't know how to blacksmith or craft very well. She relied on others to help her until she mastered it. She shook her head. "I tried to find some sea glass, but none of them matched your eye color." She hesitated, wondering what he thought. Surely it was stupid to be afraid of his reaction? Mercury went out of his way for her, so it was only natural to return the favor. But if he knew now, she could surprise him down the road with something else. If he wanted the intact bottle to store things, she could give him that too.

"Wren" & "Mercury"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-26-2022, 11:19 PM

He eyed her with growing curiosity as his innocent question elicited a strange response from her. She lowered her satchel and pulled out a blue bottle. Oh He said, surprised at her honesty and a little sheepish that his asking had brought it on. “That’s… that's a very sweet idea, Wren. You don’t have to tell me, you know. Next time tap your nose and grin at me and keep me in the dark.” He winked at her and stepped closer.

Cautiously, because all this was still new to the both of them, he kissed her cheek. “But thank you for thinking of me” He said. Realising now that she must have sneaked away to look for glass for this very idea, and he had followed her over here and stood on her toes. He shook his head at himself. “But Something like that would be very precious to me” He admitted, voice softening even more. He tried not to think of his losses, through a little token from Wren would be his prized possession.

"Wren" & "Mercury"

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
07-27-2022, 11:51 AM

He seemed surprised. Wren's fur prickled with embarrassment as he stepped toward her, landing a soft kiss on her cheek. She gave him a quick lick on the snout before he moved back. "Well, I didn't want you to think I was sneaking around on you" the brunette protested softly, grinning "and it's pretty hard to hide when you're standing right there. But..." She chuckled, knowing he'd just be wondering what she had been doing scavenging around here like that.

But first. "What did you think?" Wren asked Mercury "about the wolves I gathered?" To them, the Boreas wolves were outsiders and strangers. Compared to the land they had come from, these wolves were new and untouched. They had been living in this realm for a long, and she had gathered them together out of survival and other needs "I know some didn't show up..." She bit the inside of her cheek, wondering again if Voodoo was okay.

"But those that did... I was curious."

"Wren" & "Mercury"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-30-2022, 09:22 PM

His smile for her was fond. No matter what she thought, he would have given her the benefit of the doubt. She wasn’t the sort to sneak around beside his back. He knew and trusted that if she was doing something, it was for the good of the pack or someone she cared about. What they had was new, but there was something about it that felt solid. Reliable.

“They seemed like a very good bunch” He said, glad for the chance to meet them. “A good mixture of experienced wolves and yearlings that can grow within the pack.” He said, thinking of the wolves that had arrived. “I look forward to getting to know them all better.” He added, knowing there would be plenty of time to do so. But he was keen to get started on making headways there.

"Wren" & "Mercury"

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
07-31-2022, 03:52 PM

She was glad that Mercury approved of the wolves she gathered. It'd be so awkward if he didn't. Hell, it had been awkward in Armada with Kotori and she hadn't much cared for him. Wren knew that not everyone could get along, but she tried to make them all see reason and be civil with each other. "Honestly, I'm surprised they stuck around" she admitted "they're all talented, good wolves... They could join any pack that'd take them. But they chose Menagerie." For that, she was grateful to the founding members.

"But you met with Artorias and the Hallows, right?" Wren added "they'll be visiting Armada soon, and I hoped to take gifts to the lord and lady. Almost done with both of them; finding purple and gold cloth hit a bit of a snag" Wren winced playfully, sticking out a tongue "thankfully someone traded me for it" The merchant had been kind enough to accept the blue cloth with some animal bones "did you have time to meet any other leaders, Merc?" Unaware he had gone to the Plunder too.

"Wren" & "Mercury"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-31-2022, 10:50 PM

Mercury laughed gently and gave her paw a pat. “You undersell yourself, Wren. they’re here because of you” He had seen how she was with them, he knew the truth of it. She moved the topic on to the Hallows, and he nodded his head. “Oh, excellent. What are you making them?” He asked curiously. It was always a tricky business trying to find the right gift to open a trade.

“I haven’t had too much chance yet. I did meet Sparrow down at Obsidian Beach” He continued. “She’s an interest in all things sailing” He explained, which had been an easy topic for the sea trader.

"Wren" & "Mercury"

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
07-31-2022, 11:02 PM

She flushed, deeply, and bowed her head. "Haha... don't say that! Now I'm all bothered I'll let them down!" Wren joked warmly, chuckling "if they're just here for me, I'll kick their butts" she vowed with a playful smirk "nobody lazy gonna be in Menagerie. And I definitely don't want to make an appearance, look pretty, for them. Only for you." She bent toward Merc and pressed her nose to his cheek, relishing in the warmth it already brought her.

"As for gifts" she leaned back, puffing her chest out proudly "I got Artorias a whetstone and a cleaning cloth for his sword" and! "Briar has a preserved crown of edelweiss flowers. They grow in the north and are easy to keep." She had asked various merchants how to keep them kept and preserved. A good thing too. They'd wilt in Auster's heat! She flinched a bit at the pirates, chuckling weakly. Was that so? It would do to keep good standing with them though.

"The Plunder's been causing trouble for a bit, according to Sirius" she remarked to Mercury "but I'm glad you got along well with Sparrow. We don't want trouble from them."

"Wren" & "Mercury"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
08-10-2022, 08:13 PM

He exhaled softly in surprise as she leaned close. He could feel the warmth of her breath, and his gaze caught on hers. She was… she was beautiful. Truly so. With her inquisitive, teasing, dancing blue eyes. She was young and strong, but weary and nervous of the weight she placed on her shoulders. Yet she did it anyway. That strength was so much of what he loved about her.

And then she was gone again, taking the warmth she brought with her. He blinked, taking in a deep breath to steady himself from her heady scent. “You’ve put a bit of thought into it. I haven’t met Briar, but the whetstone sounds appropriate” he agreed. She sounded surprised at the mention of Sparrow, and spoke of her Plunder. “Ah. I hadn’t heard that, thank you for the warning” He said. It would be a fine balance to keep the peace with them if they were enemies of the Armada. He knew the importance of the Armada to Wren.

"Wren" & "Mercury"

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
08-11-2022, 11:11 AM

"I haven't met Sparrow" she confessed "only seen her at a challenge, heard about in passing" Wren shook her head "it's time to meet properly. Maybe we can learn things from the Plunder, and come to an understanding." She shouldn't ride Armada's coattails forever. Sirius would scold her for that. She veered to the side of Mercury, walking further in the ship. A flick of her tail for him to follow if he wanted.

"First things first, we'll meet with the Hallows" she said to Merc "I'll ask if Sirius can stand me and Sybil on his land while they visit" she eyed the blue-black man too "if you want to come, you can too. I'm just testing Sybil's diplomatic skills... It'll be good for that girl to socialize a bit." She smiled, amused. Sybil was not much older than they were, but she had a heavy sort of silence. A judgmental one.

"Wren" & "Mercury"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me