Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
07-25-2022, 10:01 PM

It was time.

The moments spent, the effort exerted... It was time to make it a reality. Wren walked up the edge of a boulder overlooking a clearing in the Gorge. Her head lifted, heart heavy and light at the same time. She called - and called. Her howl connected them all. Mercury. Tanelan. Audra. Gossamer. Beauregard. Sybil. Voodoo, if she would come.

Wren called and howled until her throat grew raw. This was a howl of claiming, taking the Gorge for Menagerie. For her wolves, and if they would have her still. The cloudy sky covered most of the location despite the well-protected area. It was a perfect place to start a new home. She waited until they all came, greeting each one with a nod.

There was more to say, ranks to hand out... Things to get out of the way.

ooc; any wolf with good intention is welcome to meet-greet and show up. wren will accept anyone else that hasn't made a recruitment thread if you like

"Speech"

put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
07-25-2022, 10:15 PM

Mercury wasn’t far away, he knew that the time was nigh. He and Wren had set aside plans to borrow an Armada wagon to tow the supplies they had built up so far. The Ermís wolf had participated in whatever planning Wren allowed him. And now the time was finally here.

Excited to see Wren spread her wings and take this pack to his potential, he trotted into view. The first to arrive, having been only a short pace away to begin with. He seated himself in front of Wren where the the rest of the wolves would assemble, and gave her a warm, encouraging smile and nod of the head. He kept his greeting tame, though he felt a desire to lean forward and nuzzle the now-Queen. He wouldn’t take one second of the spotlight away form her.

"Speech"

[Image: dg62nk4-76f92f5f-869b-474b-8882-b89098d6...nlMae_v5_o]

Keahi

"Until We Meet Again"

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Hermes

VengeanceOoh La LaSamhain 2022ScarredDouble Master
07-25-2022, 11:30 PM

The red woman is close by, word of the official forming of the Menagerie had reached her ears and she would not miss the opportunity to support her sister and her new pack. As the howl rings through the land, Keahi smiles brightly and trots happily to the meeting area. The brown and gold form of Wren greets the tropical woman and she offers her sister a bright smile and respectful bow of her red head. Mercury is there too and Keahi moves to greet him with a gentle bump of her head to his shoulder before slipping towards the back. She wants to give the pack plenty of room to gather around their new Alpha but she is still there for support and kind words for all of the Menagerie’s wolves.

"Keahi Mogotsi"

Beauregard

Loner

Master Fighter (325)

Expert Intellectual (210)

An icon representing the specialty Defender Defender

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022Statue 1 Worship
07-25-2022, 11:45 PM

It was time.

Wren’s call sounded and Beauregard stopped what he was doing with a smile. He had taken some time for himself that morning, close enough to their home base to keep a hopeful eye on his packmate, Tan, but also far enough he could enjoy a moment of solitude. As social as Beau was, all wolves enjoyed some time to themselves, and the ashen cream male was no different. But now, as Wren’s powerful, raw call of claim rose across the hair Beau abandoned that time alone. It was time to come together with his alpha, and his pack, and celebrate their beginnings.

Beauregard was not the first to arrive but, truth be told, the yearling didn’t expect to be. Their alpha was there, along with Mercury and Keahi. He gave a nod in greeting to both Wren and Merc before he took a seat, giving a nod toward Keahi, who had distanced herself a bit more, in greeting as well. He didn’t speak, but he didn’t want to break this magical moment. You could see the excitement on his face though, and the small trembles of his body. This was a proud moment for Wren especially but for all of the rest of the pack as well.

This was their beginning together.

"Speech," 'Thought.'

Tanelan

Loner

Expert Fighter (120)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Kingpedle

1KThe Ooze ParticipantCritical Hit!
07-26-2022, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2022, 12:33 PM by Tanelan. Edited 1 time in total.)
Tanelan
"Think smarter, not harder."

Tanelan had a lot on his mind, though he was thankful Beau had been right nearby. Mika, Benson? What was inside of him he didn't know. So two now, two completely different wolves used his body and he had to shiver at the thought. They weren't him and he wasn't them but, they still used his body like souls taking over his life. Suddenly all his missed memories and gaps made sense, but at the same time they were shrouded with mystery. Yet today was supposed to be a happy day. His thoughts were broken when he heard Wren's call in the Gorge. He had been just behind Beau.

"Wren." he breathed as he got closer to her. He didn't care if anyone saw him. He didn't know where Beau was sitting but the male sat himself just feet from the golden girl. His heart fluttered, his alpha. One that he'd chosen. A smile broke on his face. This was the day they came together, a new home was about to be made. His tail wagged he'd be the best warrior he could for this pack.

MADE BY MINNIE of BTN
Lan has DID and can switch personalities without notice
Mika is considered rated M
Beau may enter any threads as their partner

Hauyne

Loner

Beginner Intellectual (10)

Intermediate Navigator (30)

gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Lolaf

Pride - AsexualPride - PansexualThe Ooze Participant
07-26-2022, 04:53 PM
To be honest, Haüyne wasn't entirely sure why he was here. Another pack had moved into the north in recent months not quite taking the lands of his former home but then he wasn't really sure anything ever quite could. He'd been a wanderer for a long time now, nearly as long as he'd been in that pack if not longer by his estimations and the truth was that while Haüyne wasn't an overly social wolf without a structure or others around he felt aimless.

Maybe that was why he was here. The other pack that had laid claim to the northern lands was big and bustling already and all the activity felt like too much for him... He had no way of knowing what this pack that was forming here and now would be, how they would act or if he'd even fit in but he figured he might as well hear out the brown woman that had let loose the call. Maybe it was time to shake things up for the young Destruction.

"Haüyne Destruction"

Art by WarmPawsArt

Sybil

Loner

Intermediate Intellectual (30)

Beginner Navigator (0)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
halfawyrm

Pride - Bisexual
07-26-2022, 05:12 PM

The time had come, finally. The gorge whistled an eager tune as she arrived with new light in her eyes. This, this would the next chapter of her life. Not her startled arrival, not the wolves she befriended. This would be the line in the sand, the hard and true signifier of change. Something she could point to in later life, should she ever reach it.

It was not the familiar faces she sought in the crowd this time, having been acquainted with most in the previous meeting. No, she looked for the new here, for strangers looking to join.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Gossamer

Armada
Lieutenant

Master Fighter (270)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Knight Knight

An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
lunarcat7

Ooh La LaThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerPride - Lesbian
1KDouble Master
07-28-2022, 01:14 PM

Gossamer sorted her healing suplies, diving up the gathered and preserved herbs between the Armada and what she would take with her to Menagerie. She finished cleaning up her cave space to make room for any new residents and set out to the Gorge when she heard Wren's call. She was glad they'd be close by and she could visit her parents and siblings but still be far enough away to really get out on her own. She was an adult now and eager to step out from under her family's shadow. She arrived in the Gorge, ears pinning back against the wind as she joined the group that had already gathered there.

Audra

Somnium

Master Healer (315)

Master Navigator (495)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

An icon representing the specialty Scout Scout

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022Derby Winner1KPride - BisexualDouble MasterAll Oozed Out
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Wordy
08-01-2022, 12:50 PM

She was late. Terribly late and she felt bad for it. It wasn't entirely her fault. Okay, maybe it was. Getting caught up in interesting conversations with a certain someone would make one quite distracted. If it hadn't been for Wren's soaring call for the group to gather, she might not have made it. Nearly out of breath as her grippy paws tumbled into the gorge, the petite girl approached at a quick jog. Audra glanced around at the others and noticed there was one she hadn't met before - the dark cobalt man with markings under his eyes. Surely, they would be introduced soon. Sending a quick smile toward Wren and Mercury, she sat nearby to wait for any other important news.

A  U  D  R  A

audra's companions are to be assumed next to her unless stated otherwise

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
08-02-2022, 07:52 PM

"Thank you all for coming." Wren peered down at the members of the pack, no... the guild. Menagerie. It felt right. It felt fitting. The wolves who had agreed to come here were here, with Audra's late arrival but it didn't matter. She was here, not at the Hallows. But for how long; she was not sure. The brunette did not pace on her 'throne' but sat down to gain an even level with the wolves below. She didn't want to be above them. She wanted to be with them.

"Spring is almost over, so we're lucky to have formed before winter. Consider this Menagerie's home. Our base of operations" she looked to each wolf before moving to business "until we're fit to burst, the guild will remain here and claim only the Gorge. We have a whole woodland between here and the other pack." With Armada so close by, she didn't want to risk upsetting the delicate alliance. Even if it was strongly rooted.

"Armada is our ally, our first one. The Warlord, Sirius, trained me and housed us at the Cove. They didn't have to, but they did. Consider our friendship strong with them, and avoid causing issues with our neighbors" She looked to Gossamer to remind herself to approach Sirius about the woman's departure "I've been informed the Hallows will be visiting Armada soon, so I'll be taking Sybil with me to barter an alliance. Hopefully with them, and hopefully as strong as others." The gifts had been prepared for her arrival there.

She took a soft breath. "Anyone not agreeing with their rank currently can challenge only in summer for a higher one. This is to ensure everyone is healthy and strong and on an equal playing field. I don't tolerate in-fighting over petty things. Of course, you can also be granted a rank by me or be promoted out of an old one at any time. Continue to work hard, add to our inventory and prepare for autumn... I'll let you all know the details about that when the time comes closer." She smiled, swishing her tail. The Bazaar seemed like a good idea, but she'd like to hash it out with Mercury before revealing it.

"If you have any words for me specifically, you can find me after. If you'd like to voice something to everyone... Nobody's stopping you." She backed from the front of the boulder, allowing someone to get up if they wanted.

"Speech"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Mercury

The Hallows
Commander

Master Fighter (240)

Master Intellectual (240)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022
08-10-2022, 07:40 PM
The wolves filled in around him, and he smiled at Keahi as she bumped her head lightly against his shoulder. He returned the gesture with a light bump of his shoulder against hers as she settled. When Beauregard appeared, he returned the nod. Taking special care to know what those that would be his warriors were up to. He returned smiles when given, nodding his head towards Audra, and then the meeting began in earnest.

Wren spoke of the season, and it was true that their true test would be when winter came. It would be important to be prepared before the bitter colds came. She spoke of alliances, and Mercury gave a thoughtful nod. He’d made some inroads already himself, but there was much more to do.

She spoke of challenges in summer, and preparations for Autumn. He considered, briefly, challenging for the beta position… but it was too soon to consider such things. She asked if anyone wished to speak, and Mercury stood. Turning to face the wolves behind him. “For those that I haven’t met yet, I’m Mercury. I will be Seneschal in the pack - lead fighter. I take the well being of all of you seriously. If any of you have any security concerns, or need aid, call for me. I promise to you all my support” He declared. Wishing them all to know they had an open lifeline to him at all times.

"Speech"
[Image: dg62nk4-76f92f5f-869b-474b-8882-b89098d6...nlMae_v5_o]

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
08-14-2022, 02:10 PM

Nobody else seemed to be willing to share words but Mercury. She considered the founding closed. Shooting her partner a grateful look, she gave the floor to him and listened before dismissing them all. "Thank you, Senschel" she added to him, resisting the urge to lean toward the man in public. They both had to stand on their own when it came to Menagerie, even if it was annoying sometimes to Wren "if nobody else has anything to say, we'll consider this closed. Please seek me out if you have any concerns. Thank you, feel free to mingle among yourselves."

She jumps down from the boulder and begins to weave into the small crowd. She eyes the loner before making her way over to him. She smiles at the blue-ish furred man. "My name is Wren Baines, Warden of the Menagerie. You came out to see our form and sat patiently throughout. Thank you... if you have any questions, feel free to ask. We can go somewhere quieter too?" she offers him too before potentially drifting away from the stranger a short distance to chat.

/soft exit with hau! feel free to make exits now. thread FINISHED
"Speech"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me