Can you feel life movin' through your mind

Faith

Nguruvilu

gems
size
build
player
07-30-2022, 11:31 PM

Ngurulivu had gone to the battlefield first and foremost, using it as an opportunity to keep her skills sharp and even learn something new. Her opponent, a koi-marked woman, had been an interesting fighter. It had been nice, however, to not have to deal with fighting for her life after the incident where they lost Faolan. She knew it would take some time before the memory of the fight would begin to fade. She missed him… Gods she missed… Their family had gone from a band of four to a twosome rather quickly. She was confident Gargoyle would find his way to Boreas eventually but until then she’d worry for her larger sibling as well. Then there was the matter of trying to find Claire as well.

A sigh passed Nuru’s lips as her gaze traveled toward the burbling water of the river she walked beside. The Rio Grande, a river her father told her about once. It was strange how long they’d been without their folks… and she still regretted leaving Claire behind in Boreas while the rest of them went adventuring. Maybe they shouldn’t have left. If they hadn’t then maybe Faolan would still be here. But the smaller boys had been so quick to jump on the train of adventure when she brought it up. Undoubtedly they would have eventually run into some sort of trouble. She shook her head.

No, there was no use dwelling on the past of what once was.

Her ears perked forward and Nugurlivu came to a stop. Her sky blue gaze was focused on the land across from the river. Pack scents, she realized, wafted this way from across the water. Some pack lay on the other side. She didn’t know of any of the other packs of Boreas, though she imagined her sister likely joined one. She moved to the bank of the river, her gaze thoughtful, though Nuru knew better than to trespass on pack territory. That was a good way to earn some stern reprimanding, if not get you force claimed into a pack. Respect for a border was just common sense. It did, however, get some wheels turning in Ngurulivu’s head. She hummed thoughtfully and lowered her head towards the water to lap up the cool liquid.

Perhaps it was something she would give more thought to in time.

"Talk, 'Think.'

Faith

Loner

Beginner Intellectual (0)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - Lesbian
08-07-2022, 03:10 PM
Faith Fallen

Faith honestly didn't know what to do with herself, she had lost contact with everyone that kept her grounded. So she'd been hovering around the Ashen lands, at least she knew that Pontifex was in there somewhere but she couldn't bring herself to join him... Didn't they deserve better than to go crawling back to the wolves that had pushed them out for failing to acknowledge their own moral failings? Toxicity had only ever tried to do her duty as a follower of Abaraxas' teachings, it was the empress' own family that had failed to do their duties... So why were they punished? And why was Pontifex so eager to go kissing their aunt's feet? That was the part she couldn't understand.

Still, the knowledge he was somewhere beyond that border brought her some comfort. It was the only comfort she still had. But Faith knew she couldn't simply linger at the Ashen border like this for her whole life, and she didn't know what she wanted otherwise. The woman sighed, paws tracing near the edge of the Rio Grande, it seemed that Ashen would likely be pushing to claim this part of the river soon, their scents were fresh here so she'd have to move on soon enough but for now she planned to enjoy the river. The scents of another wolf, of someone she'd never met before wafted towards her and Faith lifted her bi-colored gaze to spot the monochrome woman. She blinked a few times, assuring herself that this wasn't another vision from Abraxas, it seemed the fallen god had been attempting to alleviate her loneliness as of late with visions of wolves on the horizon or voices she was less used to in her ears. She swallowed the lump in her throat... She would stand where she was, watching the stranger, the light pulsing of the blue of her pelt no doubt a beacon that would pull her gaze soon enough.

my words | my thoughts | my story

Faith sometimes has visions (auditory and/or visual), she may react to them. They are not perceptible to others.
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Nguruvilu

gems
size
build
player
08-08-2022, 01:01 AM

The woman’s gears were turning, thoughts shifting in her brain for some sort of plan for the future. Of course, anything she considered at that moment was nothing more than inklings, not ideas set in stone, especially not when she hadn’t brought them up to Florian or Gargoyle. She wasn’t even sure how long Gargy would need… but she would respect his decision and give him the space he needed to mourn Faolan. They all took his loss differently, but they would always remember their brother. His loss of life would not put a hold on their lives though, so long as Nguru could help it. She had grieved, and Flo was here with her now. She’d talk the ideas over with him first, give Gargy a bit more time…

…and if he decided to go a different path?

The thought caused a small pang in her chest but she knew that she needed to accept that as a possibility. That maybe Gargoyle would choose a different path, that he might not come to Boreas. While she would miss him she knew they were all adults. It had been amazing the four of them had stayed together as long as they had. Her loyalty would always be to her kin but, well, nothing lasted forever. It never hurt to have a backup plan or two either. It wasn’t like they had planned for this to happen, after all.

She had started to get so lost in thought that, at first, she hadn’t noticed herself coming upon another. Her brow furrowed a little in thought with each step until the pulsing blue light in the corner of her vision caught her attention. Ngurulivu lifted her head, ears twitching, as her gaze fell upon a she-wolf.

She’d never met someone with glowing markings before and hadn’t met many others that were as big as her sister and brother. The woman before her was definitely taller than she was though, and she held a uniqueness to her monochrome coat with the blue markings. ‘How pretty,’ Nuru thought. Though it was the woman’s eyes, a beautiful heterochromatic mix of yellow and blue, that truly drew her attention.

“Alright my dear, what angel did you have to sweet talk to get such gorgeous eyes, hm?” A good-nature grin passed onto her face. She was no expert at flirting by any means, a bit awkward at it, if anything, but she’d still give it a go if she thought someone looked nice to see their response. Who knew? Maybe she’d get played with back? Maybe not? It was all part of the game.

"Talk, 'Think.'

Faith

Loner

Beginner Intellectual (0)

Beginner Healer (0)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Samhain 2022Statue 4 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 2Pride - Lesbian
08-10-2022, 03:43 PM
Faith Fallen

There was a caution to Faith's stance as the unknown woman stepped closer, she was older than Faith who stood noticeably taller than her at least, though Faith had little enough training in proper self-defense, but that wasn't what really put her on edge, no it was the social awkwardness that she'd yet to really work through and the memory of the few rejections she'd faced that kept her a little bit more standoffish. Still, she was visibly caught off by the words that met her when the stranger spoke. "She knows!" One of the familiar voices whispered in her ears and Faith had to resist the urge to shake her head to clear the thought that voice had brought with it.

Instead, she managed to chuckle lightly, pulling her wrist up to her muzzle to cover it a bit. "You don't know how close you are." Faith let her eyes rove over the other woman for a moment, trying to get a better hold of herself again. "Might have been a bit more accurate to use the fallen angle line." Faith managed to slip a teasing tone into her words though there was a clear nervous waver to her voice, she wasn't used to being openly flirted with and the last time she'd let herself crush on another wolf flashed before her eyes... She didn't want to risk that pain again. "I'm Faith Abra- Fallen." She corrected herself, it had been some time since she'd introduced herself and no longer carrying the Abraxas name still felt... Wrong.

my words | my thoughts | my story

Faith sometimes has visions (auditory and/or visual), she may react to them. They are not perceptible to others.
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Nguruvilu

gems
size
build
player
08-10-2022, 10:00 PM

Oh? Ngurulivu grinned at the woman’s response. So she was close, was she? She wanted to know the secret then. Who did she bribe to be blessed with such pretty eyes? They were striking, and she had sincerely meant the compliment. The other woman’s teasing tone, along with a clear nervous waver, were noted. “Well I thought it had to be obvious the heavens lost an angel. I didn’t want to seem redundant, after all.” The woman winked, her look playful. If the other was a bit nervous that was alright. She could play and reel it back as needed. She swished her tail thoughtfully behind her.

“And with a name like Faith Fallen, how am I not supposed to believe that it’s the very truth?” Nuru dared to move a little closer though she still kept a little distance between them, being mindful of pushing too hard too fast. If the other didn’t mind her creeping closer she would push her luck but for now, she held back, ears perked forward as she continued to chat on. “I’ll admit my own name is unique, though it doesn’t sound quite as catching as yours.” Ngurlivu moved with a little flourish, dipping her head to the other woman.

“Ngurulivu Ancora-Desrosiers, at your service.” Her name was a mouthful for even the best of wolves so, as she lifted her gaze back to Faith, she spoke again. “Though the nickname ‘Nuru’ works just as well.” She straightened, taking a note of how the other did not smell as though she belonged to a pack. “Your coat is devoid of pack scent… could it be such a pretty lady is out here on her lonesome?” She asked, seeming a bit surprised at this.

"Talk, 'Think.'