size
Medium
build
Light
player
Talia

Samhain 2022Statue 4 Worship
08-03-2022, 09:05 PM

Since Kunai’s arrival - albeit with him nearly dying of pneumonia and Usagi’s ankle having not been fully healed, the transition into pack life for the chimera male was, no doubt, a rocky one. That had been a few weeks ago - had time gone by so fast? - and while Kunai was on the mend, the hohei figured he was well enough for him and Roo to reunite and meet officially as well. After all, Kunai had mentioned he barely remembered a thing entering the bamboo maze that day, therefore he likely didn’t recall Kuroo recognizing him there as well. The three of them had played together before, back in Iga - frolicking in the village and play fighting, as children often did. They did a lot together, with so little to do when Usagi and Kuroo’s mother worked to provide them food and shelter, and Kunai’s parents being so disapproving and, well..mean. They helped Kunai have a place to belong, and the memories of those fond times remained in the flop-eared koi’s mind all these years. He was always a crabby creature, foul-tempered and quick to anger, but he cherished his childhood and hopes this reunion he decided to organize would be a pleasant one again. As it always had been when they met to play as kids.

The bay seemed like a more suitable place - the water calmly lapped the shores of the sandbank, and Kunai might’ve appreciated it being outside of the maze he was still learning to navigate. The night sky was open above their heads, the stars flickering in the swath of deep blue heavens. The warrior glanced up at the sky, his chest suddenly heavy as the memories once passed. Part of him was a little worried, what with he and Kunai having ties a bit deeper than what felt to be a normal friendship. Would that affect Kunai being friends with Kuroo? Would he still recognize his brother, even? The thoughts buzzed around in his head as he sat in the sand. His Akita had brought a set for tea, as Usagi surprisingly still remembered to make a nice pot of green tea as his mother made it. Piping hot, the teapot sat on a small, portable table, cups laid out on bamboo mats on the sand for each of them.

With that, Usagi sat on his haunches, tilted back his head, and called for his brother and Kunai.

”Speech”  ’Thought’

wishing there was something left to lose
this could be the day i die for you—

Kunai

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

08-03-2022, 11:02 PM
Living in a home away from home was nice, but had it's drawbacks that probably only he worried about. He didn't want to be judged here just like he was back home, especially if there was anyone else here that would know his family and be able to get back to them somehow, probably in secret. He was worrying again in the den until Usagi's call broke him from his thoughts. He was probably a little too excited to hear the other man calling him from outside the maze, but even when he also called for his brother his excitement didn't wane.

He did his best to get himself out of the maze by following the direction he'd heard the call. It took him more time than he'd like to admit, but he had made it before Kuroo which had somewhat surprised him on it's own. Slowing his trotting pace to a walk as he got close, he tried to ignore the hammering in his chest. It was hardly possible though as it's own quickened pace made his legs feel funny, like if he didn't sit down he'd end up on the ground anyway. Kunai pressed on, though, and regretted it immediately as he felt himself start to stumble. He was lucky enough to catch himself, but hoped it looked nothing more than a simple stumble.

"Hey, what's up?" he asked through a nervous laugh, looking around to avoid making awkward eye contact and feeling more things.

"Speech!"

Code © Skelle 2022
please DM all tags to skelle#0666
Commissions are open! Check out my shop here!

Kuroo

"Skipper"

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Master Intellectual (330)

Master Hunter (335)

An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

An icon representing the specialty Trophy Hunter Trophy Hunter

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

Samhain 2022Statue 5 WorshipDouble Master1KPride - Gay
08-05-2022, 09:31 AM
Things were different since Kunai's arrival. Not in a bad way, no. Kuroo was happy to see their puphood friend again. While he thought it an odd coincidence for the boy to have shown up near where Usagi had traveled, Kuroo still felt a level of concern. What was the real story behind all of it? And what was with his brother staying the night with him? Were they trying to make their feelings obvious? Sure, Usagi had said it was to help ensure Kunai lived through the night, but they had plenty of healers that could do that. And they would actually keep him alive...

It was fine, he was fine, right? Not that he cared to sleep alone. Well, really, as soon as Usagi had started staying with Kunai, he had lasted one night before he had asked to stay with the younger siblings. Give their dad and Sedna some more time to be alone. He would help watch them and keep them within the confines of the maze. That was a lot harder than one would think. The growing pups were more adventurous by the day, but he enjoyed it and it kept him company at night. Wouldn't ever admit that a puppy pile of his younger half-siblings was nowhere near as comfortable as being beside your only full-sibling. He wouldn't ever admit that out loud.

He had just gotten the pups all rounded up for bedtime, moody thoughts boiling in the back of his mind when a familiar howl called for him. Not just him though, Kunai as well. Both ears flicked backward for a moment before pressing forward and then relaxing. Unsure on how to feel about this, considering it had been what felt like months since he'd seen Usagi alone, Kuroo promised the pups he'd return before leaving the hut. His lips were set into an uncertain line as he silently made his way toward the bay. Was there a reason Usagi had picked the bay instead of the maze?

Breaking through the brush to step onto the sand, he paused in his steps as he spotted both his brother and Kunai already together. His pale eyes trailed down to the table set out with a pot of tea and enough cups for the three of them. He couldn't help but narrow his gaze at first. The setting reminded him of the recent trauma of finding out who their real father was. Swallowing what he really wanted to say at that moment, he calmly approached and took a seat. Emotions welled up inside of him as he looked between the two males. There was something there that he couldn't quite place a paw on...

"You called for me, Bunny?" He asked, steeling his words from showing how he really felt.

SPEECH

[Image: Kuroo-Fishies1.png]
kuroo's tamarin, saru, should be assumed near/on him at all times.

Usagi

Loner

Master Fighter (245)

Advanced Hunter (103)

An icon representing the specialty Weaponsmaster Weaponsmaster

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Talia

08-05-2022, 10:24 AM

Kunai approached not long after Usagi's call, appearing a bit apprehensive about being summoned. Usagi offered him a glance, which probably didn't help matters given his default expression was a frown and unreadable gaze. Still, he appreciate his friend coming at such short notice. He noticed Kunai's stumble as he came over, his brow momentarily furrowing in a flicker of concern before smoothing over again. Kunai was still recovering, no doubt about that. He figured the bay was a bit further away, but more open. He felt Kunai would appreciate the open space, at least while he was still adjusting to the labyrinth that was the maze. Kunai spoke to him, the anxiety clear upon his expression and his body. Usagi didn't mirror the nervousness, sitting quietly before replying, "Hi, Kunai. Have a seat. My brother will be here shortly." He knew his brother would come to his call - even if he knew he wasn't going to be cheerful about it. After all, Usagi did bring Kunai out of nowhere after they both hadn't seen him in years. That was sure to create a rift he was determined to patch up to some degree. His Akita gently poured some tea into all three cups, the brew releasing the scents of the brothers' home into the air. Spices and herbs to calm the soul.

Kuroo approached, and the tense atmosphere about him was impossible to ignore. Usagi didn't ignore his use of the nickname he so hated, either. He would've had to be blindfolded and ignorant to see that the arrival of Kunai made his relationship with his brother worsen for the first time in their lives. He hadn't slept in the den with his brother since Kunai came to the maze, hadn't interacted with him the same amount he had before. The tea steaming on the table was reminiscent of..that talk. The one the both of them had to still process. Usagi remained calm as ever. He needed to be. He needed to conquer Kuroo's obvious upset and Kunai's anxiety all in one sitting. The mediator, if you will. As the mediator, he chose not to reply back to Kuroo with the same tone, the passive aggressiveness he knew his brother possessed. It paralleled his own short temper, which he knew would not help this situation any. They needed to clear the air, reunite. He was determined not to make it like Raijin's meeting.

Usagi cleared his throat, straightening his posture as he faced his attention to the both of them. "I call you both here tonight because I understand there's been a sudden change recently. It has affected you both as much as it has affected me." He paused, then decided to explain the backstory of his encounter with the chimera koi. "As fate would have it, I found Kunai close to death when he washed up on the shores of Boreas. As far out as the story sounds, it's true. I could not simply leave him there to die - above that, he is a childhood friend. Our friend, the one we played with together as kids." Repetitive? Sure. But he wanted to reiterate the fact that such a one in a million encounter happened, and that they had all been friends together. "I stayed with him myself those nights, Kuroo, because I would have felt an immense guilt not watching over him personally. The healers tended to his illness but I felt I needed to keep him safe. I felt responsible for him. I feared for him. I thought he was going to die when he wouldn't wake up. I understand you are upset, because we have not interacted as frequently. I feel guilty for that, as well." He paused, facing his sibling. He would own up to his actions. He brought Kunai into the maze, he had to confront the tension it would put on those he cared for. "We will always be brothers. Family. We'll be close no matter what. You can be upset, angry, anything. I just hope you'll understand that with Kunai here, that will not change." He wasn't the best with words - that much was clear. But what he did say was genuine. He and Kuroo, for the longest time, were the only family they had. Usagi would always look out for him, help him with whatever he needed. He'd give him space or time to process that their childhood friend had come back. That was a big event in and of itself.

He turned to Kunai, taking in a deep breath. He didn't want Kunai to panic. He was going to keep this as calm and civil as needed, and he hoped his brother and friend would do the same. "Kunai, the past few weeks since you arrived have been difficult for you. It weighs heavy on your mind, I know. I hope you'll adjust to the pack, in time, and that you'll be able to find a welcoming home here. That you feel accepted as you are. I will make sure of that, that you are comfortable and safe. And I hope that, in time, we'll reforge the friendship the three of us had as kids. We're adults now, and much time has passed, but I hope some speck of the times we had will remain." After that, he glanced up at the nebula that had grown in the skies above. A lush cloud of teals and fuchsia had emerged, glimmering with the essence of a million stars. He recalled as kids, they each tried to count how many they could see, but always failed to. The memories remained, though, of the time the three of them spent together. No, it would never be the same. But some speck of that nostalgia remained with them. And hopefully with them too.
”Speech”  ’Thought’

Kunai

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

08-08-2022, 01:30 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2022, 02:03 AM by Kunai. Edited 1 time in total.)
Usagi wasn't wrong to assume that Kunai would prefer the more open land that the Bay had to offer over the maze. Although he wasn't entirely sure why they couldn't meet in the den for ease, he wasn't going to complain about getting out for a minute either. It would be nice to get out and have tea, even if there were a million heavy things weighing on his mind. Usagi greeted him and he sat as he was told, wondering what this was about. Maybe it was just a nice time for tea, but something felt... different.

The feeling only got worse when he saw Kuroo narrowing his gaze at them, his hardly formed smile fading. Something was definitely up, he knew it. He knew it in the way he calmly approached and used his brothers hated nickname, and in the way he wasn't greeted but instead glanced between. His own brows creased as he looked down to his tea, feeling unsettled and anxious. Had him coming here put something between the brothers? He didn't want to cause or be the cause of any problems, so maybe it was good they were getting this over with before he met with the Kaicho. He would remain quiet for now though, uncertain of what to say if anything at all. He almost felt as though he should leave, but felt frozen somewhat in place. Instead, he stared down at his tea and frowned.

Usagi started talked soon after and while he listened, he couldn't lift his gaze from the cup. It was almost as if he was reminding Kuroo of their childhood relationship, as if he couldn't remember him. The thought of that hurt on it's own, but certainly didn't overshadow the pain he felt feeling like he was pushing the brothers apart. The longer Usagi explained, the worse Kunai felt. So he had gotten in the way of something. His ears pinned back as his mind tried to wrap itself around everything that was happening. It was stupid to look for Usagi and what he thought was a miracle was certainly nothing more than a horrible joke. He suddenly wished that Usagi had never come across him on that beach, though he didn't really mean it and even thinking it hurt.

When Usagi turned to him, he didn't look up from his cup. He wasn't even sure if he could blink at this point. The words he spoke were listened to, though he struggled to find solace in them. He slowly started to shake his head when the man finished, his dry eyes finally squeezing shut in an attempt to hold on to some composure before taking a deep breath to speak. "I appreciate everything you've done for me Usagi..." he started, his voice softer than usual and lacking the confidence it usually had as his eyes squeezed shut again. "-but I don't think I should stay."

"Kunai Speech." & "Usagi Speech."

Kuroo

"Skipper"

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Master Hunter (335)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

08-12-2022, 02:02 PM

It really wasn't his fault that he was so tense. Usagi had been the one to just wander off, nearly killing himself and Kunai in the process, and then showing back up on the maze's doorstep without any explanation. Really, it wouldn't have taken much to come find him while Kunai slept to explain everything. Not that Kuroo should be holding a grudge since he had been busy doing his own thing, but his feelings were still hurt. He didn't hate Kunai either, this wasn't his fault. No, his memories of the chimera boy were good memories and he held no resentment toward their old friend.

Narrowing his eyes toward Usagi as his brother began to speak, Roo's lips drew into a tight line. Flicking his ears back to add to the dramatics, he listened with a standoffish expression. Unfortunately for his brother, he was going to let the boy have it for now until he decided forgiveness was due. Keeping silent and all of his temperament to himself, he waited until Usagi was done addressing him and Kunai. Albeit his quite stupid and childish feelings, he was excited to have their childhood friend back with them. It was a comfort to have a piece of home again.

Maybe he shouldn't have let his emotions get the best of him. When the words left their friend, Kuroo looked to Kunai was raised brows and ears. "Leave? No one said anything about you leaving," his words were quick before his ears fell back and eyes narrowed again. His gaze darted back over to Usagi again as he puzzled what exactly was going on between these two. A quiet huff left him as he shook his head. "I fear this issue has nothing really to do with me but more between the two of you," Kuroo spoke carefully as he let his eyes wander between the two males. Were they both kidding themselves? Had they both forgotten how they'd felt about each other back in the day? Or had he been imagining the connection those two shared all along?

SPEECH

Usagi

Loner

Master Fighter (245)

Advanced Hunter (103)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Talia

08-12-2022, 02:23 PM
Each look the two boys gave him was a knife in the gut. First with Kunai saying he shouldn’t stay, the next with Kuroo eying with with suspicion and a puzzlement over those words. Stab stab. It hurt his gut, his chest. Oh gods, he wasn’t one for self-doubt, but he felt he screwed up big time. This wasn’t how he imagined it in his head. This wasn’t how it was supposed to go. Part of him wanted to get angry at Kunai, yell at him for wanting to leave after Usagi had done everything in his power to make the maze a comfortable home for him. The fear of abandonment was strong and his mossy gaze could no longer remain so blank, the hurt clouding his eyes - not with tears, but with pure hurt. He was hurt that Kunai would consider leaving. Leaving Kuroo. But above all, leaving him. He loved him too much to let him go. And yeah, he made mistakes - ones he now had to clean up after, like shattered ceramic one after another. But these pieces were so small and so many, mentally he was scrambling to clean up the mess he made.

Angry at himself, angry for not being able to just out and say it. He loved Kunai. So, so much. He believed a piece of his soul would be missing with the chimera decided to leave the maze, forever. The Hohei looked at the two of them, their words said. He swallowed thickly, smoothing over the uneasy lump in his throat. "Kunai.." He began, realizing his voice had softened. He cursed himself internally. It was a voice of desperation. Don’t leave. Don’t leave me. And the words tumbled out, one after another in a clumsy heap. But they were said.

"I love you."

It was love. Kuroo and Usagi were brothers, so that love they had for each other was familial, a sibling forged bond. No, these words he’d spoken out loud to Kunai were the love they had been withholding from each other, like something taboo or dangerous. But it wasn’t. Damnit, he fucking loved that chimera. Always had, always would. He’d never be the same without him here. He took another deep breath, avoiding Kuroo’s standoffish gaze, knowing forgiveness for his actions wouldn’t magically appear overnight. He looked at Kunai again, into those eyes he’d glanced into all those times. Hidden gems, a beautiful soul.

"Nobody will force you to stay. You know that. But.." He shifted on his forelegs from where he said. He was terrible at emotional talks. It showed. At least his best efforts would glean against his clumsy speeches. "I don’t know if I would ever forgive myself if you did." It was his idea to bring them all here. To clear the air. But in classic awkward Usagi fashion, he felt he had only fogged it up further, the metaphorical sky unrecognizable. Kuroo was right, this mainly lay between him and Kunai. But he almost hoped his brother would stay. Even if he was angry, just to show some form of support. This was hard. Really damn hard. His hurt eyes and brow furrowed as he glanced into Kunai’s face, as if searching for the words before they were ever spoken. His resolve was cracking. But he wouldn’t cry. Not again.

Kunai

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

08-20-2022, 01:23 AM
Kuroo was the first to respond to his uncertain words and Kunai shook his head, knowing they hadn't brought it up or maybe even considered it as the best option. However, from Kunai's point of view, it was the only option. Clearly him coming here had brought something between them and the last thing he wanted to do was tear his two friends apart. He was the third wheel in this group, at least now if not before. They were young before, but now they were adults and he felt so selfish for spending all this time looking for them when they had so easily moved on without him. They'd grown apart from Kunai by force, something he now understood as something he should have just let be.

Kunai was shaking his head as Kuroo voiced his final thoughts, disagreeing completely. "Clearly me coming here has brought something between you two and I can't─" a lump formed in his throat and he paused to swallow it and steady himself before continuing. "I can't be the reason," he shook his head more and stared at his paws through watering, tightly closed eyes.

Usagi said his name but he couldn't bring himself to look at the man yet, mismatched eyes squeezed shut. "I love you." Words he'd always wanted to hear, dreamed of hearing. But dreams weren't real, and this was starting to look like the worst nightmare his asshole brain could've come up with. His heart raced, but with it so did his brain and all the horrible things his parents shouted at him growing up.

His breathing became somewhat erratic as he panicked, toes flexing and digging into and out of the earth to fidget. It wasn't working though, and as his parents threats and snide remarks haunted him to this day. Even with Usagi admitting his real feelings, Kunai was afraid. What would everyone else think? What about Kuroo?! He couldn't bring himself to look and find out for himself.

Instead, he visibly vibrated in his seat. He couldn't sit still as the panic washed over him, the shock of his dream coming true and living in a nightmare immobilizing him only for a moment but that moment felt like an eternity to the damaged man. He didn't speak, he didn't even make a sound. Suddenly, he was just up and running. He didn't know where, just away. Away from the stress of what he was doing to their relationship, away from Usagi admitting his feelings, away from all of it.

The tears started as soon as his back had turned on the brothers, preventing him from making it too far before the tears completely blurred his vision. He pawed at his face in an attempt to dry his tears and see but it was hardly any use. He slumped down suddenly, giving up in a heap of himself on the ground and burying his face in his paws.

Kuroo

"Skipper"

Tojo-kai
Kariudo

Master Hunter (335)

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Bunni

08-22-2022, 11:53 AM

What happened next left Kuroo sitting there with eyes wide open. It wasn't the admitting of love from his brother that caught him off guard. No, any fool would have realized that the two darker-coated boys in front of him had feelings for each other. That hadn't even been the reason Kuroo had been upset in the first place. Usagi knew and understood Kuroo's hurt feelings, but it would be something he would get over eventually. A nice fishing trip during the early morning hours would suffice in his mind to mend their damaged brothership.

The thing that really caught him off guard was Kunai's reaction. Did their friend not reciprocate the feelings? Were the looks and actions falsely led? His expression drooped as he watched Kunai race off down the shore. Glancing over to his brother with a frown and furrowed brow, he reached out and bumped him with his shoulder. "Omae, you better go after him," he whispered loud enough before giving Usagi another confused look. What had just happened?

SPEECH

Usagi

Loner

Master Fighter (245)

Advanced Hunter (103)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Talia

08-22-2022, 04:40 PM
Of course Usagi just stood there like some idiot as his love interest, clearly conflicted by his words, ran off. Ran. Off. The flop-eared hohei really hadn’t anticipated this in his plac for reconciliation, but he had pulled the ‘I love you’ card and had to play it the best he could. Deep inside, Usagi realized Kunai was still haunted by his parents brutal comments and treatment. They hated him. They despised him. The bastards exiled him, stripped him of his name! He couldn’t help but feel a prickle of his temper beneath his skin thinking of Kunai’s horrible parents. They had inflicted serious damage upon their son, and gods knew how long it would take to unwind that damage. But he couldn’t say anything, even as his love began to shake in his seat and then ran away, burying himself into the sand ahead and his shoulders shaking as he sobbed.

Usagi didn’t know what to do..truthfully. So, as the awkward man he was, he instinctively turned to Kuroo with a ‘help me’ expression on his face. Nevermind that his brother might still be a bit fussed about all this. But he knew if he went along - albeit reluctantly - on one of his fishing trips, all wouldl be mended. He almost began to open his mouth, gaze flicking back and forth from Kuroo to Kunai, that his brother spoke. With an added shoulder bump, too. He straightened up, brow quirked and face flushed. He had to try and comfort him somehow. "Oh, r-right." He glanced at his brother, as if hoping this would turn out alright, before loping towards Kunai.

Reaching the sobbing chimera, Usagi gingerly reach out a forepaw, patting it gently on the man’s back. His brow furrowed as he searched for the words to say - geez, what did you say to help someone? Damn, he literally just told the guy he loved him and now he couldn’t even find the words to say he was safe here. So he said just whatever came to mind without sounding too cliché.

"Kunai..nobody will ever judge you here. I love you and I’ll..I’ll shout it on the tops of the bamboo maze if I must. Your parents were awful to you, I know..and it’s not your fault. You can be who you are here, they can’t find you and they can’t hurt you. And even if they did manage to find this land, I’d chase them off with all of my strength. You are loved here, by me and the pack. So..please stay." He ended his words, hoping he could encourage Kunai to lift his face from his curled up form. He wanted to see the face he had fallen in love with..those mismatched eyes with so much light and happiness to bring. He just wanted him to know he’d protect and love him with all his heart.

Kunai

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player

09-15-2022, 08:29 PM
He hadn't noticed that Usagi had followed after him until he felt the paw on his back. Flinching at the touch, he sobbed into his paws as he buried his face as deep as possible into them before the man could start to speak. Everything he had ever wanted was right in front of him, or next to him in this case, but it didn't outweigh the fear of judgement and hate. His parents had made him believe that it was wrong to favor other men, forcing Kunai to believe it was wrong of him and of Usagi, too. The last thing he wanted was for Usagi to live his life with judgement from being with him.

As if the man had read his mind, the words he spoke seemed to calm the chimera's sobbing as he went on. He wanted to believe what he was saying, to trust that his words were true and that no one would judge him, or even them. How could Usagi be so sure? Certainly there would be whispers about them, and those whispers would get back to his parents and he couldn't be convinced otherwise. He could only hope that Usagi was honest when he finished, but regardless the man found himself starting to shift.

Tears stained his face as he unburied it from his paws and uncurled himself slightly. He couldn't bring himself to even look at the man that had admitted his love to him so many times already, but he could feebly nod as he stared at his paws with tired and swollen, mismatched eyes.