size
Medium
build
Light
player
Kristen

The Ooze Participant
08-06-2022, 09:07 PM

Finally, the pair had arrived at the indicated spot on the map. She could see the bamboo maze off in the distance, large and imposing and so very Hanzo. She could smell him on the border they stood at, proving his presence if she had any doubt at all. Her silver gaze swept left and right, taking in the territory for a moment and taking a deep breath. This wasn’t going to be easy, she knew it wasn’t, but she also didn’t anticipate her son turning her away. At least, she had hoped he wouldn’t. They hadn’t seen each other in months, not since he’d told her he was leaving Ashen. She’d told him that she’d needed time to decide, but that time had drug on and on and now she wasn’t sure what foot they stood on. The ghostly woman leaned into Magnus briefly for support, taking in his scent to help her steel herself. “I know I’ve said it a lot, but thank you for this,” she told the man, knowing he needed no other reference to what she was speaking of. Then, she lifted her head and called for her son.

Speech

Magnus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Witches HutSilver Medal 20201K
08-06-2022, 10:17 PM
He had only been on Auster on a handful of occasions, but the change of scenery, climate, and everything else would make it worth it. He didn't have to convince himself that it was worth it, he knew it was because he was with Kiyo, but that didn't stop him from having a general worry. He was getting older, hell he was old at this point, and there wasn't much he could do anymore. Without his wheelchair, the pain in his remaining leg was almost too much to bare weight on for very long, let along walking. His days of hunting and fighting were over and he'd be foolish to think anything other than Kiyo being the brains to his once-brawns.

To their arrival at the place marked on the map, Magnus narrowed his eyes to see the bamboo maze ahead clearer. His eyes weren't that great anymore either, but there were some things he didn't complain about. The pressure of her leaning into him caused him to smile and his gaze shifted to her and softened as well. "Of course," he whispered, pressing a kiss into her cheek as she called for her son.

CODE © SKELLE 2021

"Speech!"

Magnus has a silver horseshoe septum ring, poorly cropped (long) ears, and bright blue crystal goat horns that may not always appear in his art
Commission ShopPlot with me!

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
Ooh La LaHomebodyCritical Block!ExplorerPride - DemisexualWinner
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWordyDouble MasterCritical Hit!
08-07-2022, 12:12 PM
Hattori found that these days strangers were far more likely to outright intrude than stand at the border and call out for an audience. Most polite visitors seemed to flock to the Bay, something about the open space drew them in, evened the playing ground as to not be faced by a fortress of trees. And yet he recognised the call, the soft pitch of her voice marked it as one wolf in his mind, familiar and yet so distant. Gone for too long. He knew she would have her opinions, likely presume there was too much of his Father in him, but no one would understand no matter how he tried to put it. He felt no desire to try and explain himself or validate his actions, what was done was done. It was time to move on.

Emerging from beneath the shadows of the bamboo, he was quick to note his Mother had company. A cripple of a man, grey along the muzzle and well past his best years. She looked different too, pink around the face yet same enough to be his mother, for now and forever.

"Mother." He greeted her with the same respect as he always had, dipped his head lower than he had in seasons. And then to the matter at paw, never beating around the bush, straight to the juglar. "Who is this?"

[Image: de83uxb-0342be6c-7454-4392-a336-72e10a43...s88RF1Wrtg]

Kiyo

Loner

Advanced Intellectual (115)

Expert Healer (190)

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Kristen

The Ooze Participant
08-07-2022, 11:23 PM

As she’d suspected, it didn’t take long for her son to answer them. He’d always been prompt, on time to the T since he was a young boy. Perhaps it was something his father had hammered into him, perhaps it was just Hanzo. Either way, as he walked toward her she felt a flutter of nervousness, excitement and motherly love. She sucked in another deep breath, trying to calm and assure herself that everything would be fine in the end.

He bowed to her as he always did, and she bowed as well. Perhaps it would seem odd to Magnus, but in their world it was a show of respect. However, she knew that Hanzo would show her that respect even if he was going to turn her away. He was fickle like that, a stickler she supposed, but she loved him to her dying breath all the same.

Kiyo’s son cut right to the chase in their common tongue, her warm, silver gaze flitting to Magnus to try and reassure him with a small smile that everything was okay. Hanzo’s voice in the common tongue was gruff, but it was even worse in their native tongue. She didn’t want him thinking something was wrong. Not yet. “This is Magnus. We met just before you left Ashen, then he agreed to travel with me when I needed some time to think,” she explained.

”I know it took me far too long to get here, and I won’t bore you with excuses you do not wish to hear, but you are my son and I have already lost you once. I won’t lose you a second time.” There was a strength in her words that didn’t always show except when she truly wanted to make her point across. Even if he told her she wasn’t allowed in the pack, she would stay nearby. They would make camp, close enough that if something were to happen he would be able to find her. Magnus and Kiyo were home either way.

”We would like to join Tojo-Kai,” the Ghostly woman finished, this time in common tongue so that Magnus could understand.

"Hattori Kiyo"

Magnus

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

The Ooze ParticipantHalloween 2020 - Witches HutSilver Medal 20201K
08-07-2022, 11:43 PM
CODE © SKELLE 2021

"Speech!"

Magnus wasn't sure what to expect really. Would he only allow his mother to join, leaving him behind? He certainly wouldn't expect Kiyo to turn down her chance at being with her son if that were the case. While he treasured what they had, he understood that to love something you had to let them go. He understood it a little too well, actually. He was old and otherwise useless anyway; he wouldn't, couldn't, blame her son if he welcomed only her.

They began talking in the language Kiyo had done her best to help him begin to understand, but it was hardly any use. Hearing them talk now he wasn't even sure it was the same language she was teaching him; now it sounded so different. He glanced between the two of them briefly, but allowed his gaze to wander as he waited. When Kiyo spoke again, his attention was drawn back as he awaited the verdict with a plain expression, but worry plaguing his thoughts.

Magnus has a silver horseshoe septum ring, poorly cropped (long) ears, and bright blue crystal goat horns that may not always appear in his art
Commission ShopPlot with me!

Hanzō

Tojo-kai
Kaicho

Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (240)

An icon representing the specialty Marauder Marauder

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Ali

Samhain 2022Underachiever1KAll Oozed OutThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
WealthyVengeanceHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! GlobetrotterOverachieverLegendary
Ooh La LaHomebodyCritical Block!ExplorerPride - DemisexualWinner
Mammoth HunterIce Bridge ExplorerWordyDouble MasterCritical Hit!
08-14-2022, 11:56 AM
Magnus? The name was not familiar, nor did he recognise the cripple standing before him. But he couldn't say he was surprised to realise his mother could easily look past such things, that she had always had a soft touch, too soft for this world in Hattori's opinion. It wasn't difficult for him to come to the conclusion that they were closer than most, he saw the glances between them, the urge to take comfort in one another's touch. He couldn't say he approved, but at the same time he had little interest in turning his mother away. Whatever she thought of his past actions she knew better than to bring them up in an argument and that was enough for the Kaicho, what was done was done.

If she wished to live in Tojo and bring this one along then so be it.

"I understand." He uttered in the common tongue, feeling no need to hide behind his native language any more. "There has always been a place for you here, mother. He can stay as well." That was as cordial as Hattori felt like being for now. Take it or leave it.

[Image: de83uxb-0342be6c-7454-4392-a336-72e10a43...s88RF1Wrtg]