Extra large
build
Medium
player

Samhain 2022Statue 2 Worship
08-08-2022, 12:36 AM
explore veterans plateau

CODE © SKELLE 2022

Auster was a strange place for the man and was quite far from anything he considered home-like. He was bred and born in the frigid north living alongside reindeer herders and the like. The warmer, tropical climate of Auster was a lot for him to handle. As summer approached he found his legs carrying him north and off of the southern territory despite having seen Kuroo recently. The man probably lived down here and while that interested Sverre, summer was going to be violent if he didn't acclimate slower.

He hadn't been paying much attention to where he was going when he came across a strange metallic thing half buried in the ground. He looked up from it to see all sorts of metallic things strewn about, some buried more than others. Brows creased as studied the sight before him, unsure of what had happened here. He'd seen weapons before, of course, but these looked nothing like the weapons he was used to seeing and nothing even closely resembled Hel, his sturdy battle axe.

Sverre would stand atop the small rise in the terrain that could barely be considered a hill for a few long moments before deciding to check some of these things out. Maybe there was something worthwhile here, or at the very least interesting.

"Speech!"

Commissions are open! Check out my shop here!

Lucette

Vedia
Keeper

Advanced Healer (85)

Advanced Navigator (90)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
08-08-2022, 12:49 AM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2022, 01:14 AM by Lucette. Edited 1 time in total.)

Our lives are made in these small hours

With continued treatment and the occasional hunt for herbs, her cough had faded. Bae-Syl was looking much better too, and, for that, Lucy was grateful. His wound had scabbed and was on the mend, though she didn’t fully expect him to not try hunting bison again. It almost made her wonder if he should have been the one with the vest instead of her. But Bae-Syl had made it for her… and Lucette had adorned it with pride. Her best friend had made it out of the love and friendship they had to not only attempt to keep her safe but give her a handy bag just like her dad. It was appreciated either way. She kept it on at almost all times now.

With her heart feeling light Lucette had traveled farther from the Range that afternoon. A natural curiosity and hunger to see the land around her was what drove her onward. Ears were perked forward as the landscape seemed to level out. There was something almost eerie about the landscape, however. Faded grasses swayed in the breeze, bending to its will, yet as Lucy walked onward she was aware of a sort of presence lingering over this land. Her gaze swept the grasses before her, catching sight of something shiny.

What was this?

She paused and moved closer to examine it. It looked to be a bit of metal, slightly rusted. She moved it with her paw before looking up into the distance. It seemed that this wasn’t the only oddity she’d seen in the field… but there was another curiosity on a small rise in the land further in. They seemed to be focused on whatever lay beyond what she could see. Were they more of the metal bits?

She started towards them, calling to the stranger.

“Anything more interesting over that way?”

---------------------------------

Explore A New Land (Veteran's Plateau) - 1 / 3

"Talk", 'Think.'

These little wonders these twists and turns of fate

Art by Asena
Lucette has two companions - a kodkod and a saw-scaled viper. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Bae-Syl, as Lucette's bestie, guardian, and mate is welcome to invade her threads at any time regardless of how they are marked.

Sverre

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

08-08-2022, 01:00 AM
CODE © SKELLE 2022

He moved slowly, making sure he didn't miss anything as he looked around. Everything looked damaged and worn, as if some battle or disaster had happened here. Some of the metallic things looked like weapons, or perhaps things that once were. He supposed if he spent enough time here, that he could find something worth keeping and turning into something useful if it wasn't already. It wasn't a horrible idea, though he wasn't given long to think about it before a voice called out and caught his attention.

They had asked if there was anything more interesting over here, but he wouldn't know without having seen the other side. "I'm not sure. Do you know what happened here?" he asked, eyes moving off her approaching form and back to the land around them. For as far as he could see it looked the same, arid land littered with metallic items and other foreign things.

"Speech!"

Lucette

Vedia
Keeper

Advanced Healer (85)

Advanced Navigator (90)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light

08-08-2022, 01:13 AM

The answer wasn’t straightforward, Lucette noticed, but that was alright. As she approached him she could now make out bigger metal things. Her gaze lit up at the sight of a worn and aged cannon - the thing was big. For the most part, it seemed like the sun was glittering off the metal that hadn’t rusted over the years. She had heard about this place from her mother once though this was the first time she’d seen the plateau herself. Her gaze shifted back to the stranger as she answered him. “Sort of. My mother told me about this place when I was younger.” She paused, careful not to trip over some of the shrapnel at her paws. It seemed to be all over the place… bits of small to large metal things, shaped in different ways.

“She said this plateau had been the place of a great battle, and that the metal things here were the weapons left behind, used by animals that walked on two legs and bore no fur.” She furrowed her brow. “I’ve never seen such an animal, though… whatever they were, they must not have been very good at surviving.” Her eyes lit up as she took notice of a half-buried gun by his paws.

“Take a look at that! It’s pretty long, isn’t it? What kind of weapons do you suppose they used? They look like they’re in bits and pieces now.” Why would they use things that would break so easily? It didn't make sense to her.

Explore A New Land (Veteran's Plateau) - 2 / 3

"Talk", 'Think.'

Art by Asena
Lucette has two companions - a kodkod and a saw-scaled viper. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Bae-Syl, as Lucette's bestie, guardian, and mate is welcome to invade her threads at any time regardless of how they are marked.

Sverre

Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player

08-08-2022, 01:39 AM
CODE © SKELLE 2022

Sverre listened as she repeated the lesson her mother had given her about the weapons used by strange hairless animals. He knew of these creatures, stories told to him in his youth from the elders. Weapons were something he was quite familiar with, but some were far stranger than others. Namely the gun that she had pointed out by his feet, long and odd shaped compared to anything he'd seen before. What kind of weapon was that?

"I'm familiar with weapons... but not these. I've never seen anything like this," he stopped to study the long metal artifact, dusting off some of the dirt with his paw and squinting down at it. He wouldn't even begin to know what it was, but made a sound of vague interest before looking around and for more interesting things. "I wonder if there is anything useful left behind?" he stated with a questioning tone, eyes catching something fabric flagging in the distance.

He started off in it's direction, interest and curiosity drawing him closer to the fabric. He approached and sniffed it cautiously, but found it to be nothing more than some tattered, colored fabric with some sort of detailing. It was interesting, though he doubted it had any use.

"Speech!"

Lucette

Vedia
Keeper

Advanced Healer (85)

Advanced Navigator (90)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light

08-08-2022, 01:58 AM

Lucette frowned a bit. She wasn’t really familiar with weapons outside of the crude bone dagger her mother had made but she still couldn’t fathom how any of this was used. She watched him dust off the gun, examining it. Her own gaze began to wander again, catching the sight of a long, thin piece of metal jutting out of the ground. “No kidding, feels really foreign, you know?” She had approached the metal pole and pressed against it with one forepaw. It started to bend under her weight but it didn’t give fully. Even though it was rusted and looked like a patchwork of gray and red-brown it still held up pretty good. The weather must have taken its toll on the stuff.

"I don’t know if any of this stuff would be useful, since it’s been out in the open. It looks really worn down. Probably not safe to handle it like this.” She moved towards the flagging fabric he had approached, ears flicking thoughtfully. “I think this site serves more as a memorial for the last battle those animals fought here. Divinities only know how old any of this actually is. This fabric is heavily yellowed from sun exposure… It’s likely been here for years and years.” She glanced toward the male.

“Kind of neat to see though.”

Explore A New Land (Veteran's Plateau) - 3 / 3

"Talk", 'Think.'

Art by Asena