gems
size
Extra small
build
Light

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
08-09-2022, 01:38 AM

Our lives are made in these small hours

The young girl had been doing a lot of thinking about what Bae-Syl had told her. About his cousins and the danger that, someday, they could very well be in. Her mind also turned to the fact that Bae-Syl had his own demon, something that could, and likely did, want to hurt her. She probably should have been afraid of him… but she wasn’t. Maybe it was her being overly confident but the vest Bae had made her gave her more confidence. And soon, she thought, she was going to learn how to fight. She would learn how to stand up for herself so Bae-Syl didn’t have to be there all the time. Though she was sure he would be anyway.

The pixie-sized she-wolf had been wandering the expanse of the range once more and she had become aware that she was being followed again. The melanistic feline had been following her for the past week or so, a shadow of sorts, though it hadn’t made any contact just yet. Lucette was curious about it though. The feline wasn’t like any other species she’d seen before… different than a mere housecat. The femme paused, turning to look back at the cat.

She was there, watching Lucy with large, unblinking eyes. They stared each other down for a long moment before Lucette started towards her, coming close to the cat. The feline didn’t shy away though, and instead lowered her rear end to the earth.

“So are you just going to keep randomly following me around, or are you actually going to speak to me?” Lucette asked as she tilted her head to the side. All this time in each other’s “company”... and they hadn’t spoken yet. How long was it going to go on like this?

“Ahh, so she does have the fire to speak.” The feline grinned cheekily. “I was waiting to see how you would respond to me. I’ve been watching you and your friend for some time now.” Her tail swished thoughtfully.

“Why though? What could you possibly want from a wolf?” Lucy wrinkled her nose. The cat was strange.

“I’m bored, simply put. I’ve lived here on this range catching mice in the barn since I was young… but it’s no real life. I’ve noticed how you wander. It seems fun.” The cat blinked her large eyes slowly. “I’ve heard you talking to him, about wanting to stand up to those cousins of his. You won’t stand a chance alone… however…” The feline grinned.

“Why don’t we team up? I could provide a little extra support to you in battle, and you bring me with you on your adventures. Spice up my life as it were.”

Lucette arched a brow. The feline was an odd one for sure, though her straightforward offer had caught Lucy’’s attention. “I won’t deny having an extra set of paws would be helpful… Sure, why not? My mom and dad have companions… It can’t hurt to have a friend.” The pixe grinned.

“My name is Lucette, or Lucy, if you prefer. What should I call you?”

“Call me Ink.” The feline purred. “So, you looked like you were off somewhere today. Where to?” The feline got back to her paws.

Lucette motioned with her muzzle for Ink to follow her. “Follow me and find out~”

"Talk", 'Think.'

These little wonders these twists and turns of fate

Art by Asena
Lucette has two companions - a kodkod and a saw-scaled viper. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Bae-Syl, as Lucette's bestie, guardian, and mate is welcome to invade her threads at any time regardless of how they are marked.