size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

HomebodySnake EyesPride - Pansexual
08-09-2022, 07:46 AM

Tojo-kai would not wait forever on Sayuri to learn all she could about poisons and healing. No, they required more process than what she had been giving. Starting small at first, as if to gauge interest, she called young Rheum-chan to the front of her den. She would make sure the girl wanted to learn before giving a lesson. Taichi-kun had been interested and invested in fighting, but now it was a delicate approach. A girl needed to know how to protect herself.

She smiled at Rheum-chan's approach. "Greetings" she said to the girl "I would like to teach you a bit more, ah, about some non-healing skills. Though, would it please you if I gave one a check-up?" Sayuri cocked her head to the side, waiting for the girl's permission or denial "I would also like to see if one is healthy, or if something bothers Rheum-chan." Was anything amiss in the young girl's life? She doubted it, but she never had experience with tending to children.

It would be a good start.

"Speech"
1/3 - gave a medical check-up
0/3 - healing lesson
destroying castles in the sky
K I N G S L A Y E R
forevermore the apple of my eye

Rheum

Somnium

Master Navigator (333)

Master Healer (240)

An icon representing the specialty Poison Master Poison Master

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022
08-10-2022, 09:13 AM

Making her way through the maze back toward her den for an afternoon nap, she was soon distracted by Sayuri calling for her. Both ears swiveled forward as she made quick work toward the koi healer. Interested as to what Sayuri would be requesting of her, she picked up her pace but made sure not to get lost this time. Rounding the corner to see Sayuri waiting for her in front of her den, Rheum stumbled to a stop. While she wasn't the largest of her siblings, she still was getting used to her growing limbs.

Coming to sit in front of the healer, Rheum smiled as her tail stirred up dust behind her. "Konnichiwa Sayuri-sama!" Rheum chirped as she began to listen intently to what Sayuri had to say. Non-healing skills? That sounded so cool! A check-up first though? Her ears flicked back as her gaze glanced around her body for a moment. Was something amiss with her? Thinking hard as her brow furrowed in concentration, she wondered if anything had been bothering her lately. "Actually, yeah! My legs have been really sore. Especially if I walk around all day," it was true, but she was sure her bigger siblings were probably feeling it more than herself. Still, she looked at Sayuri with a curious expression. Would there be anything she could do to help that sort of soreness?

Received a healing lesson 1/3

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

08-10-2022, 07:15 PM

Sore legs?

Hmmm... "Has Rheum-chan done anything exhausting?" Sayuri asked, moving a bit closer and instructing Rheum to lay down before her. If complied, she would move a paw to feel the girl's front leg. Nothing bumpy. No bruises or cuts. It just seemed the girl was growing into her full height. Of course, sore legs would make sense.

But she would remain silent until the girl gave some words or explanations. "If you feel exhausted but twitchy at night" She began again "like ants crawling under skin" but unable to sleep "rub lavender oil on legs. It will relax muscles, yes? I have some if you need it tonight, Rheum-chan." She offered freely.

Vials of extracted oils had been on the poisoner's mind, as she had begun to gather supplies for the eventual winter. Safe oils, mind, she had a separate shelf for the dangerous ones. It was placed behind a sturdy rock, in the ground, so no curious pups would fall ill.

"Speech"
2/3 - gave medical check up
0/3 - gave healing lesson
K I N G S L A Y E R

Rheum

Somnium

Master Navigator (333)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022
08-22-2022, 08:03 AM

Rheum would follow Sayuri's direction quickly. Putting her backend on the ground and pushing her paws out in front of her until she was laying down, she looked up to the more experienced healer. "Exhausting?" A quiet hum left her lips as she thought about it. "Uncle Hattori and I have been explorin' farther outside the maze lately," the young girl added on with a smile and swish of her tail. Was that what Sayuri meant about exhausting? If she was being honest, whenever they returned her, her paws and legs were usually pretty tired and sore for the next day or so.

Laying as still as possible to let Sayuri feel over her legs, she tilted her chin down to watch. Learning how to heal others was interesting! Glancing back up to Sayuri was a smile, she processed the words said to her. "Uh, I don't think it's quite like itchy ants, but my siblings say things like that. Their legs are longer so maybe that's why," Rheum nodded as she glanced back down with a thoughtful expression. "Mama has lavender oil in her medicine area! I bet she would show me how to make some too!" Her voice is excited as she tilts her head slightly to the side. Lavender she knew had many uses and was one of her favorite smells!

Received a healing lesson 2/3

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

08-22-2022, 12:35 PM

"Exhausting is..."

Sayuri paused, trying to think of the meaning. Correctly. "Tiring" she gave Rheum-chan "being tired beyond just sleepy. Feeling very heavy in body. Having done a lot of work or play, and feeling tired after it" She shook her head "Rheum-chan is just exhausted and growing!" She smiled when Sedna - her mother - could give her lavender oil "legs burn instead of itch, yes? Rheum-chan is growing up. Legs grow longer to support a bigger body."

So there was nothing wrong with Rheum-chan at all. She was just developing into a young little lady. "Now we shall talk of other things" Sayuri said, going back to her promise earlier "most think ladies are small, dainty... Incapable of harming others, especially men" She rolled her eyes dramatically "we need an extra edge over them. Not just to harm or gain leverage... They say poison is a woman's weapon. It does not have to be a weapon. It can be mercy."

She pat the earth in front of her so Rheum-chan could get up and listen now.

"If you like, I can teach a small lesson on poison. The one I think of is alkaloid." Which will be in tropical climates such as Auster.

"Speech"
3/3 - gave medical check-up
0/3 - gave healing lesson
K I N G S L A Y E R

Rheum

Somnium

Master Navigator (333)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022
08-24-2022, 09:22 AM

Unlike some pups, Rheum was a great listener. Soaking in as much information given to her, she nodded excitedly. "So I feel exhausted after a long day, okay!" She said in response to Sayuri's explanation of the words exhausting. Recently, the pup had noticed her body had gotten bigger, but nothing like her siblings. Only she and Fuji remained small compared to their siblings who already towered over them. "Yes, itchy sometimes, but not as much as my siblings. They're always complaining about itchiness," she laughs a little giggle with a shake of her head. It was fun learning new things.

Rheum grew a bit more serious as Sayuri began changing the subject. Another lesson? How cool! As Sayuri explained that others thought ladies were not deemed threatening to their size and nature, Rheum's head tilted slightly to the side. Harming others? Was that a necessary thing in life? Eyes wide, she followed Sayuri's instructions and sat up straight. Her full attention was on Sayuri now as she wanted to know more about what this thing called poison was. "Alkaloid? Please, yes, Sayuri-san, I would love to know more about these poisons!" Rheum chirped as her tail wagged excitedly behind her.

Received a healing lesson 3/3

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

08-24-2022, 01:52 PM

There was no amusement or joy in her tone as she continued. Sayuri would give Rheum-chan basics and facts. This was a serious discussion. "Learning poison is good for treating poison" she began "tropical lands like Auster, they have many poisonous animals and plants" Pufferfish, even insects if eaten, and snakes. Lizards too! "there are various ways to treat poison, if ingested or in contact with." She paused, letting it sink into the girl.

"Morphine is a poison, an alkaloid" she added "yet it is useful in managing pain and stress" She wanted Rheum-chan to know they were useful and sometimes kinder than a painful death; even if they were scary! "some poisons can be harmless to us in low dose, but kill insects and harmful pests that carry diseases - like rats" Also known as an insecticide over the centuries "there are even poisons that are useful to defend oneself. The practice of using poison on other wolves is oft called a woman's weapon."

She scrunched her face.

"Speech"
1/3 - gave healing lesson
K I N G S L A Y E R

Rheum

Somnium

Master Navigator (333)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022
08-25-2022, 08:54 AM

It took a few tail-wagging moments for Rheum to realize that Sayuri was not excited with her. The serious demeanor of her mentor finally clicked in the young girl's head which instantly wiped the smile off her lips. So poison was bad but poison was also good. Her eyes narrowed carefully as the wheels churned in her brain. "Poisonous animals? Venomous too? Mama said I have to be careful of snake bites," Rheum's voice is quiet and careful as she tries to pick out the best words to help herself understand. There was already a list of questions she wanted to ask!

Morphine. "How does one craft morphine?" The young girl asked as her expression relaxed. Managing pain and stress. Her list of mental notes was getting longer and longer as she attempted to pay as much attention as she could. Rats? Harmless but not harmless? Poisons sounded much more interesting than regular remedies! How could would it be to heal and harm at the same time?! Even more curious now, Rheum grew excited and let her tail wag a few times. "I like the idea of a woman's weapon!" She chirped, harmless now with a lack of understanding of how dangerous a poison really could be.

Received a healing lesson 1/3

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

08-26-2022, 12:47 PM

It was very, very hard not to show joy. Sayuri hadn't many wolves to talk about poison with. Even Kuroo-chan didn't know. Their Kaicho had to, for she made sure to warn him she dabbled in poisonous works and keep children away from her den. Rheum-chan was eager to learn, so she sought her out. "Morphine is natural - one finds them in poppy flowers" she responded, giving a nod "eat them or extract oil, you have morphine." But yes, she did have to be careful around snakes and lizards and other venomous animals. "If it glows, or is colorful, it is good to assume an animal is poisonous" Sayuri added to Rheum-chan "colorful things attract prey to a poisonous creature" she went on "predators know to stay away from such ones."

Ah, the natural order of life... Rheum-chan's outburst of liking a woman's weapon caused Sayuri to smile kindly at her. She had to explain.

"Many men see it as weak" she cautioned the girl "they think we are not strong, but we are clever" Sayuri paused a moment "but they do not see that either. They think it is, ah, easy work?" She shuffled, placing a paw on her blade to the side of her body. She moved it to where Rheum-chan could see. It was sheathed, but the girl could appreciate the intricate design and beauty of it "if I was to fight serious, I would coat my blade with poison. Gives edge, yes? Some call it underhanded. I protect what I am, and what I hold dear." She frowned. "It is no sin to protect what you wish to. It is sin to poison others for the sake of it. Knowledge... she is both blessing and a curse. What one does with knowledge is more important."

"Speech"
2/3 - gave healing lesson
K I N G S L A Y E R

Rheum

Somnium

Master Navigator (333)

Master Healer (240)

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
ghostliem

Samhain 2022
08-26-2022, 07:33 PM

Rheum's attention was set firmly on Sayuri. Both ears pressed forward, eyes wide and nearly unblinking, as she sat straight up with muscles tensed. Not wanting to miss a single word that the older healer presented her, Rheum would nod her head slightly after every sentence. A quiet hum played in her throat to show that she understood. Well, understood for the most part. The maze and the bay were not home to a wide variety of flora so she had to wrack her brain for a second to remember what poppies looked like. Right, the bright red flowers with black centers.

Nodding again, she made a note to stay away from any sort of animal that resembled dangerous. Bright colored, big fangs, hissing, those sorts of markers that would indicate a deadly creature. As they moved on to the next part of their lesson, Rheum's ears flicked backward. Weak? Her lips parted slightly to ask but realized Sayuri would continue on in her explanation. Wanting to remain respectful, Rheum pursed her lips and let her brows furrow. When Sayuri finished speaking, a loud hum left Rheum while she took a moment to gather the right questions. "So, poison is used for an advantage when you do not have physical strength? To help protect us when we fight men?" She asked carefully, hoping she was asking the right questions.

Received a healing lesson 2/3

Sayuri

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Lackadaisy

08-26-2022, 07:50 PM

"Poison is free."

Sayuri would say this but continue to explain. "It does not care what gender. What species. What you are like. It is indiscriminate; that means it attacks without bias. Without a personal thought. If one does not like someone, one has a bias toward them, yes?" She hoped that made sense to the girl, but she also would explain further.

"That means we must make use of it in a responsible manner" Sayuri added seriously, giving a nod "to harm. To heal. To use in different ways, Rheum-chan, means we are free to make the choice for it." She was not going to say 'never use it' because she was no diviner! She did not know what Rheum-chan needed in the future.

"We must use it for the good of ourselves and others" she finished "it is up to you to learn and grow oneself, yes? The same is for poison use. If Rheum-chan wants to know more, I will teach when you are a yearling. How to use. Until then, I study with Rheum-chan. By the books." Or proverbial ones.

"Speech"
3/3 - gave healing lesson
K I N G S L A Y E R