size
Small
build
Light
player
Shard

Samhain 2022
08-12-2022, 03:05 PM

Nico had wandered off from his guardians a ways but not without a way to get help fast if needed.  Above him in the trees were many birds but, only one of those was his friend.  A magpie would fly short distances from one tree to the next or just hop from branches when close enough.  It could swiftly get help if Nico found trouble.  They weren’t in line of sight but a bird's flight and loud call could do wonders and his friends were fast.  These were all good reasons but perhaps the main reason is Nico had been bored and curious.

The primarily black coyote pup wasn’t much to look at in size but he was confident enough to imagine him a giant.  He pranced along, pausing here and there to peek at something of interesting, humming or singing as he went.  From above a bird's voice would join in, shifting from high pitch to low, whistling and croaking as the mina bird worked to be in tune.

“Mice don’t know what they getting into.
Moment they see me coming through.”
A seconds pause before continuing again.
“they won’t see me coming through.
The training I got has taught me,”

Humming came up as Nico tried to imagine what would go next.  It was a fast beat and was complete with the boy sometimes side-stepping or whacking the ground with his front paws in a drumming manner a couple of times.  He heard the beat in his mind whether or not it was really there.  

"Nice’s a hunting master, he is.
Ain’t no critter he can’t get.
Bigger the prey, the meaner he gets.
Yeah, ain’t no chance once he see’s you.”

Humming commenced again as he worked for a new tune with his head rocking side to side to his silent beat.

"Nico"