Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
08-13-2022, 08:38 PM

Before everything went to utter shit again, Wren had invited Tanelan out to patrol with her. It was a few days after releasing Medusa from Menagerie. She wished the woman would stick around but alas... That was not meant to be. They were down one fighter, and Wren was woefully aware she needed to train the others with Mercury. Tanelan and Beauregard were their only defense, along with Gossamer... But the once-Armada wolf was a powerful expert. She didn't need to worry about Gossamer.

"So this is our new border" Wren gestured as they neared, making a southern descent from the ship "you can see a wall further through the pines, but we aren't claiming that place" She turns to Tanelan and smiles "the move was a bit abrupt; are you settling in nicely?" She hoped, anyway. They hadn't begun to make the Gorge their home and yet... She worried about what they thought of her as their Warden. Anyway. Back to the patrol! She turned to the invisible scent line.

"We don't strictly enforce borders in Menagerie, but I told you that. Just keep predators out. Visitors are very much welcomed, especially allies."

"Speech"

put me out of my misery
THINK MY HEART IS HISTORY
nothing can fix me

Tanelan

Loner

Expert Fighter (120)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Kingpedle

1KThe Ooze ParticipantCritical Hit!
08-15-2022, 11:14 PM
Tanelan was always filled with joy when he could spend time with wren. Things had been going well for the most part. Beau told tan about Mika and Benson. So far two of his other selves, probably something the man should have said to wren but his childish fluttering in his stomach made it hard to remember. It hadnt occured to him that Wren had a mate. He just thought she was so beautiful.

He was met with a question though and he froze. Then smiled at her. "I like it actually. Voodoo and Beau are nice to me." although he had only ran into the new mother a few times. Then he paid attention to the borders nodding his head. "Yeah i remember that much." he nodded but his paws were tingling.

"Wren i.. I have something to tell you." the poor lovestruck wolves eyea glittered. He didnt know of the reality that was about to strike him.
Lan has DID and can switch personalities without notice
Mika is considered rated M
Beau may enter any threads as their partner

Wren I

"I'm the master of my sea"

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Festival OrganizerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Double Master1KPride - DemisexualOverachiever
Vengeance
08-18-2022, 10:35 PM

She was pleased to know Voodoo was making rounds outside of her pups. Beauregard seemed to be welcomed despite Wren ordering him to stick to Tanelan. The purplish wolf seemed to have something to say, and she turned back to him with a lifted brow. He seemed momentary shy all of a sudden. "What is it?" she asked, but regretted asking him at the moment. Realization seemed to dawn inside of her. The lovey looks, and the admiration that was somewhat uncomfortable. Oh no.

How could she have been so stupid? Ignorant, even?

She had been looking at Merc, and Merc looked at her... while Tanelan had been looking at her. But at the same time, Mercury and her... She hadn't exactly announced him as her partner. This, whatever was coming, was her fault too. And best address it now than later, when things got serious between her and the Seneschal - hopefully. Part of being a leader was doing uncomfortable things. Part of it was rejection and hard decisions. She only hoped to have the finesse to let him down easily.

And not lose a friend.

"Speech"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Tanelan

Loner

Expert Fighter (120)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Kingpedle

08-21-2022, 12:48 AM
TANELAN
"Speak first, Ask later."

His tail quivered as his nerves struck higher. Should he even be doing this, normally he was more mild mannered. It wasn't until he met Wren... yes that his life had taken a turn. Tanelan didn't know how to have friends it seemed he didn't understand his own feelings. Lovestruck with the idea of such a beautiful wolf being in his life. She had given him a home and a hope, she had been the first to pull him out of that dizzy abyss that was his disorder. He didn't know anything about himself and yet he dared to step a paw into the cold waters. Tanelan grinned at her.

"I uh... I really like you." his ears twitched as he looked away. "The way you're always saying the right thing. You're humble and strong. Beautiful even." he sat down where he was. Tanelan he was supposed to be learning the borders for patrols! What was he doing. "I think I love you." he said it. He couldn't stop the words tumbling out of his mouth. A crush though more like his heart twisted with nerves. Was she quiet, was she saying anything? His head was dizzy.

MADE BY MINNIE of BTN

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
08-23-2022, 05:16 PM

"Tan..."

Here it was, the deciding factor. The hit or miss. The hurt feelings and guilt. Wren turned to face him properly but did not approach him. Did not touch him. Did not make it any harder than it needed to be. He thought he loved her? He either knew or not, and that's when Wren assumed he really didn't know what he felt for her. Her feelings for Mercury were certain. No 'thinks' allowed.

"You shouldn't care about me in that way" she told him softly "it isn't fair to you" All of him. Any of him "you should love someone who cares about you like that in return. I do care about you, but not in that way." Wren wasn't going to say the whole 'if Mercury wasn't around then maybe!' or 'if things were different' because they wouldn't be. She knew she'd only ever see Tanelan as a brother.

"I don't see you as just a body to fill Menagerie. You are trustworthy, loyal, and strong" she added "you would make anyone girl happy as a partner. But I can't be that girl. I know this hurts to hear, so... I'll let you be alone. But if you want to talk it out, I'm here." But would he be mature enough to not lash out at her? Would Mika come out under his distress? She readied herself for the inevitable pain.

"Speech"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Tanelan

Loner

Expert Fighter (120)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Kingpedle

08-24-2022, 09:55 PM
TAN- HENRY
"Cleanliness is close to godliness."

Shame. It washed over him even with Wren being so gentle. The scent hit him and suddenly his thoughts were tumbling. Shouldn't think of her that way? His head stayed still staring at his paws as it felt like the ground could just swallow him up. I do care about you just not in that Way. "You have a mate." he sputtered. How stupid could he be it wasn't that he was upset she didn't return his feelings he felt BAD. He'd asked a question he shouldn't have gotten ahead of himself when he should have been concentrating on his training and duties and all he had been doing was thinking of HER. Her beautiful brown fur and her bright eyes..... of course how could he even know.

"Sorry..." he muttered suddenly. His eyes felt suddenly very drowsy. He blinked a few more times before he heard her. I know this hurts to hear, so... I'll let you be alone. But if you want to talk it out, I'm here." his demeanor changed a smile crossed his features as he seemed to test the lean muscles underneath his skin. The man brushed his chest and cleared his throat. "Pardon the intrusion." the man looked around. "Beau warned me something like this might happen. Wren right?" he tilted his head.

"My name is Henry it's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance albeit circumstances permit." He shook out his fur. "If you may please continue to show me where all the scent markers are and positions of weakness." Henry fluffed out his tail as he smiled warmly at Wren. "And dear me do not worry about Tan he will be fine." The boy was not dumb after all.

MADE BY MINNIE of BTN

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
08-31-2022, 11:44 AM

He asked her directly, and she could not deny the truth. It would be cruel to keep it from him. Wren gave a nod. "I do" she replied to him "he is a good man." And she would have said his name to Tanelan if not for the intrusion of the other personality. Wren assumed it was just Tanelan and Mika and Benson. Gods, how many alters did Tanelan have inside of him? Were they even aware of each other?

A new one to her showed up. It made her assume they were aware. "I'm glad he'll be fine" Wren said honestly to Henry about Tanelan "I didn't want to hurt him in any way" But the truth had to come out - sooner than later. If she was round with pups and he just confessed to her? Yikes. An awkward situation indeed "what about you, Henry?" she asked the alternative personality "do you come out to protect Tanelan?"

As requested, she continued the patrol. Leading him along the path of the loose border, she continued the conversation as well.

"Speech"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me

Tanelan

Loner

Expert Fighter (120)

Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
Kingpedle

08-31-2022, 08:14 PM
HENRY
"Cleanliness is close to godliness."

Henry had a dignified air to him. He walked with his head held high and none of the nervousness any of the others had. He was happy to see the lands, the pines gave off a nice scent. He wondered softly if he could try making a tea out of it sometime. Pine sap made for very good bases in syrups and tea's at least he had found on the small time he had left. Wren then asked, if he came out to protect Tan. Henry thought for a moment before answering. "Maybe, I've thought about it sometimes. I'm the only one of us who has always been aware that there are.... others?" he tried to think for a moment. He stopped for a moment to straighten out a piece of fur that he had sticking out.

"Unlike I'm assuming Tan... sometimes my memory gaps are for seasons at a time. I think... I think I'm not someone who uses this body often." there was a soft tone of disappointment in his voice. "Tan is Naive but he's a good boy. I know I can't really advocate for him, he makes his own decisions, and we have our own thoughts. Tan's a loyal man when it comes down to it." he didn't know why he tried explaining that. Maybe Henry wanted to put at ease this alpha. After all he could sympathize having to deal with this.

MADE BY MINNIE of BTN

Wren I

Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Lackadaisy

Vengeance
09-01-2022, 06:55 PM

She hoped that there would be no bad blood between her and Tanelan, but more than that... She wished there would be no annoyance at Mercury through Tanelan's eyes. Mercury had always tried to be friendly to the Menagerie folks, and he was not outwardly aggressive or possessive. Wren only wanted this awkwardness to fade, and not stew. Henry remarked that his host was loyal. She flashed him a kind smile. "He is."

An admittance that Henry didn't come out often, combined with knowledge about the alters... Hmm. There were more than two inside. "What about Mika?" she asked the current host "is he the most used?" She needed to know more about Mika if Tanelan was to exist in Menagerie "our Cleric - our lead healer - said that... you guys formed out of a deep tragedy. Something triggered the split. I don't know if that's true or not - Tane never confided to me about that."

Another point. Tanelan didn't talk to her much about his past, his dreams, and his aspirations. He was happy following Wren around, but she didn't want a follower. She wanted someone to stand by her. Mercury could do that, but Tanelan was a supporter. She liked him for that, truly, but it wasn't a trait that was romantic. To her, anyway. "It's okay not to talk about it, if Tanelan doesn't want you to." She added.

"Speech"

put me out of my misery
nothing can fix me