An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

Samhain 2022GlobetrotterStatue 2 WorshipOverachieverIsland HopperSmall Fries
TrapperRunning on EmptySocialiteBest BudsRapid Poster - GoldSouthern Explorer
WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
ScarredCritical Fail!ExplorerIce Bridge ExplorerWordyLoser
Snake EyesDouble MasterLegendaryCritical Hit!1K
08-14-2022, 05:57 PM

Coming back up from his brawl with the pirate crew, Azure had intended on taking the shortest path home so he could see his injuries healed at a reasonable pace. Prior to this year this land had always been claimed, he'd never even skirted the border. Fireside protected it well and Azure had no interest in stirring even more shit with the pack that had once harassed his own. Now that Fireside had dissolved, the idea of seeing what was so drawing about this territory was even more interesting. Standing upon a grassy knoll, the Armada Champion peered down at the rolling hills and the bison grazing calmly on them - likely leftover and abandoned when the pack fell apart.

Visit Buffalo Knolls (1/4)

"Speech"

Both of Azure's ears have notches and tears.
Az has a scar across his right eye, a mirror image of his natural born marking.
Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.
Not all of these features are always reflected in his art.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Lucette

Loner

Advanced Healer (85)

Advanced Navigator (90)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
08-16-2022, 12:25 AM

Our lives are made in these small hours

The yearling had never come to this part of the south. They were the Buffalo Knolls, a place her father had started to tell her about during one of her visits to the Orchard. She didn’t doubt that this was where Bae-Syl had gone hunting either, and mentally she scoffed at the rainbow-marked male for dragging the calf all that way. Before her grassy, hill-like structures spread evenly apart, could be seen. Most were coated with grass so thick and luscious grass that she had no doubt herbivores fed happily on the stuff. She could spot the odd one here and there now, grazing upon the grass, though they avoided stepping upon the strange hills.

Lucette descended toward the knolls now wearing the vest that Bae-Syl had made for her. Ink trotted happily at her side, the companion bustling with energy as she moved in sync with the smaller creature. Still, though, Lucy thought, this was a curious place. She’d be sure to avoid the buffalo, however. She didn’t want to catch a horn-like Bae-Syl had and have to walk him through treating her. If he didn’t flay her hide first for risking herself to such danger. Ink suddenly paused, whiskers twitching as she spotted someone up on another of the knolls. She tapped Lucette, gesturing at the male.

Thankfully Lucette recognized the man.

Fearlessly the pixie-sized wolf bounded up the hill over to the man’s side, and just as casually as when he first started a conversation with her, she spoke to him now. “Fancy seeing you again,” The she-wolf hummed. “Not thinking about going after one of the buffalo, are you?” She was half teasing… but hoped that he wasn’t actually planning it. She didn’t want to have to patch up another wolf who was being reckless.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 / 3 Navigation ;; Buffalo Knolls

"Talk", 'Think.'

These little wonders these twists and turns of fate

Art by Asena
Lucette has two companions - a kodkod and a saw-scaled viper. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Bae-Syl, as Lucette's bestie, guardian, and mate is welcome to invade her threads at any time regardless of how they are marked.

Azure

"Break what can be broken"

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

An icon representing the specialty Saboteur Saboteur

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

WealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! WinnerBy the skin of my teethAll Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyOoh La LaVengeanceCritical Observation!Underachiever
08-17-2022, 09:18 PM

Azure was lost in thought watching the oversized creatures graze, enough so that when the small woman bounded up alongside him he damn near flinched. He scrutinised her quietly while she spoke - half offended that this nobody could dare to approach him this way, like she was his friend or something - but in the end marked the disrespect down to youth. She looked similar in age to his own children, and if his experience with his daughters had taught him anything, they were often ignorant to the way to treat their superiors.

"No." He gave back curtly, his gaze flickering between the not-so-distant buffalo and the yearling at his side. The teasing had passed over his head entirely - it was rare a wolf attempted to be any form of playful with the Fatalis Champion. "These creatures need much more than one wolf to take down, even I would not dare to try. Hunting is as much strategy as it is skill or effort - my pack is northern, even if I were to fell one it would be too much effort to drag it home. If I got injured in attempting it, my pack would be less protected while I recovered." His tone had naturally shifted from his usual touch of annoyance into one of a patient lecturer, likely a habit ingrained from raising his own impressionable yearlings and ensuring that any stupid ideas they had were quickly squashed.

Visit Buffalo Knolls 2/3

"Speech"

Azure has saber fangs, bone spurs on his elbows and knees, and the paws/forelimbs of a bear.

Azure's companions are a very big bat and a young clouded leopard, unless otherwise stated assume they're not with him.

Lucette

Loner

Advanced Healer (85)

Advanced Navigator (90)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light

08-18-2022, 04:12 AM

Our lives are made in these small hours

Good, so he wasn’t planning on doing the same thing Bae-Syl had. Lucette breathed a small sigh of relief as her gaze trailed over to the buffalo. They were… huge. What the man was saying made sense. The fact that Bae had managed to take a calf down on his own was a miracle in and of itself. The fact he’d not gotten gored through? Even more of one. She frowned, furrowing her brow. Even a man bigger than Bae-Syl knew better to try. His pack was in the North too, not within the range, a place the man had already warned her about… so dragging it back home would be too much effort to drag it home. She frowned thoughtfully.

“Wish my friend could have heard you give that lecture.” Her gaze shifted back to him thoughtfully. “I told you once before I was… aware of my size, right? You would think it’d be something more… common knowledge I guess? For wolves… to not try something when they are clearly outmatched… like taking on one of these things. Even a young one.” Bae-Syl had hit a sore spot with her from his hunt. “But not all wolves do…” She sighed.

“My friend nearly got gored taking down one of their calves alone to feed us. The mother got him. He was insanely lucky it wasn’t deeper… she could have ripped him apart… and I would have been none the wiser. Alone.” Lucette flicked her ears downward. What Bae-Syl had done was beyond wreckless and even if her vest had come out of it… it definitely wasn’t worth it. They had both gotten sick and he had needed to heal from his injury, just like Azure mentioned. And all this time it turned out they could have been in danger… not just from Pirates but from his cousins too.

“It’s taken some time to heal too.” Ink confirmed by Lucy’s side.

Lucette gave a small nod. “I’d always thought Bae was pretty smart… but I was pretty frustrated when he did that. He could have gotten himself killed.” And she’d never been more angry, upset, and sad at all once. She was so scared that she was going to lose him…

“S-sorry…” She lowered her ears and gaze away from him. “It’s probably pretty obvious not to do that sort of stuff, huh? …and yet, here I am telling you about it… you barely know me…” She had started to feel self-conscious about it all. How many strangers had she had gone up to and was willing to spill her heart out to? And there were dangerous ones. She didn’t even know what Bae-Syl’s cousins looked like yet… and yet… here she was with some other wolf, being buddy-buddy! Sure Fatalis wasn't Bae-Syl's last name but that had her thinking now. After all that he'd told her... could she really afford to be so trusting?

Her gaze focused on the knolls again, how odd they were. They seemed to be spaced apart almost evenly… strange for hills, she thought. Normally hills were scattered about, right? Not at neat in a row like this. They seemed… eerie in a way. Especially since the buffalo seemed to avoid standing on them. Was there something wrong with them?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 / 3 Navigation ;; Buffalo Knolls

"Talk", 'Think.'

These little wonders these twists and turns of fate

Art by Asena
Lucette has two companions - a kodkod and a saw-scaled viper. Unless otherwise mentioned IC, assume that they are close by.

Bae-Syl, as Lucette's bestie, guardian, and mate is welcome to invade her threads at any time regardless of how they are marked.

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-18-2022, 11:36 PM

The admittance of her friends' attempt earned a dry chuckle from the man, who eyed the talkative yearling with faint amusement as she explained her story. She did not seem pleased by her friend's recklessness, but all Azure could think of was how likely he would have been to try the same thing as a yearling. At the risk of outing himself (and his severe... gender bias), he nodded his head in understanding and gave his reply. "Your friend is your age? I'd be lying if I said I would expect differently from a young male moving through such a transitional time in his life. It's very difficult to find the balance of what is reckless and what is brave, and certainly dozens of powerful warriors started out with stupid decisions just like his own."

He thought back to his own youth, his head craning slightly as he sought the memory. "When I was very young my father led a raid against another pack. He allowed my siblings and I to come, much to my mother's disappointment. We were not quite a year old, if I recall correctly." Azure remembered little from the event itself, aside from his sheer excitement to enthusiastically participate and how quickly the feeling had faded against his first opponent. It was something that had shaped him early, had taught him caution and the importance of hard work in building his skills. "My opponent was someone older, someone not quite as excited to see me as I was to see him. He went for my paw, sought to take one of my toes for the transgression against his pack. Sometimes it takes something real to put a very necessary type of fear into a young man's heart. We're not born with the wisdom to survive, these things need to be learned, and often the hard way. I went into my next raid very risk aware." Azure did not go on to explain how he had won that fight and landed a maiming hit of his own upon the man - the fact that he did not in fact lose a toe did not change the story nor the moral of it. "Has your friend learned his lesson? Will he attempt something so foolish again?"

"Speech"

Lucette

Loner

Advanced Healer (85)

Advanced Navigator (90)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light

08-20-2022, 12:52 PM

“Yeah, he’s a season older, but definitely right there with me…” She frowned deeply, her brow furrowed. “I’m just very worried for him is all… Whenever it was the both of us doing things I guess others could see as reckless or foolish it didn’t bother me so much… because it was both of us together. The fear that I could have lost him, and later that I could still lose him because I’m not as an advanced healer as my dad…” She trailed off. Her own inexperience was frustrating, to say the least. Her size, her age, that inexperience… it was all working against her and she hated it. She hated feeling so… so… useless! Her mom was big and strong, and could handle things… It wasn’t fair!

She turned her attention back to Azure as she listened to him tell his own tale. He had been in a pack his whole life it seemed, and his father by the sounds of it was either the alpha or a very, very high-ranking member to lead a raid against another pack. They had been young, and no doubt his mother had not just been disappointed at the idea of the youths participating. Still, she listened thoughtfully. His opponent was older, someone who sought to maim him. But his next words were where the lesson really came in. Unfortunately, Lucette didn’t think that was the case with Bae-Syl. She shook her head, her expression grim. ”I doubt he has.” Lucy sighed.

“If anything he might avoid that particular type of prey again… but that’s the best I could hope for, I think. He didn’t seem to even care that the wound could potentially get infected, that he might die at all.” She studied her toes and sighed heavily. “I can only do so much to prevent him from attempting it with some other large prey animal. It’s like… I got the wake-up call and he didn’t.” She lifted her gaze to Azure. “I’m not sure how else to get through to him… to make him realize that danger. We even both got pretty sick from getting caught in a storm right after he got injured… And he wouldn’t even listen to my dad explain how dangerous a wound left improperly treated was.” She lowered her gaze again.

“It’s because he’s always putting me first. I just… I wish he’d think of himself too.”

"Talk, 'Think.'

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-22-2022, 12:34 AM

Azure shook his head, rejecting the yearling's explanation with a sharp tsk between his teeth. "It does not sound like he is putting you first at all." He argued, as gently as he could manage (which wasn't very gentle.) "If he is truly your protector - the one you trust to defend you should pirates come to claim you, even - then it is his responsibility to keep himself whole and capable of doing that job. What benefit does he gain from going after a young bison, when he could take down a doe with much more ease and less risk?" Every hunt of course came with a risk, but no intelligent hunter went after prey that could overpower them without the backup of a team or a pack.

"Is it just you, him, and your father? No pack to support you?" A family band of roaming loners was not uncommon in these lands, though it did bring extra trouble to a group of wolves who were now forced to support too many mouths with not enough manpower. To feed the healers required more meat, risking the hunters further and straining the same healers to keep them in hunting shape. Replace either of the vital professions with wolves who preferred to craft or to explore, and a family would quickly find themselves lacking in the necessary talents to provide for themselves.

"Speech"

Lucette

Loner

Advanced Healer (85)

Advanced Navigator (90)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light

08-25-2022, 01:26 AM

Lucette frowned but she quietly listened to what Azure had to say. His rougher tone was noticed, and she lowered her ears, flinching down a little. Still, she did her best to keep eye contact with him. “I didn’t exactly think of it that way… but I agree with you.” Her voice had grown quiet. “I don’t know if he was trying to show off or what… I just know that it was far too risky. He got off so lucky… Any deeper and that older bison could have ripped his insides out.” Lucette shivered at the thought. “I’d never been so scared about anything in my life…”

The subject shifted a bit and Lucette shook her head. “No, no pack… and my folks… well, they tried to get us to go. But Bae-Syl and I refuse to leave each other.”  The femme explained. “But there is more than just youthful stubbornness keeping up from joining a pack. Perhaps the same reason why we should join one, too.” Lucy’s ears were flat against her skull again.

“My parents don’t know… but we’re on the run from Bae’s cousins. They’re dark wolves… twisted and evil. What you describe the Pirates doing to me? It’d be like a lover’s kiss compared to what these two would do if they got ahold of me. All to hurt Bae-Syl and try to control him.” Lucette’s gaze fell again. “Bae-Syl has been teaching me to fight defensively, though I’m… not sure how much good it’ll do when it comes to my side. Sure I have Ink here, but together we’re a small distraction at best.” She was just being realistic.

“I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t worried about running into them… but… I understand why Bae-Syl doesn’t want to go to a pack. It would cause the pack problems and put even more wolves at risk.” Lucette looked back at Azure, but there was no hiding her worry now. Her fear. “I’m sure there is a way to overcome them… but fighting them outright is out of the question.” She fell quiet again. It was probably stupid of them to take on dangerous foes like that alone but… it wasn’t like she’d have any luck convincing Bae to go to a pack… would she?

"Talk, 'Think.'

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

08-31-2022, 12:53 AM

Azure noticed the way the girl flinched at his tone, his own tattered ears pulling back slightly in acknowledgement. Gentler, then. He'd not spent much time around unrelated yearlings and this one seemed a bit more sensitive than his own - for good reason, it seemed. Az gave a thoughtful hum and then a low sigh as she explained her story, informing him in her typical open-book way of how her family had come to be on the run, and from whom. "Quite a burden for two wolves so young to share. Don't you think you are endangering your parents by not letting them know that evil wolves are after them?" His brow raised, the question not an accusation but merely posed to illicit thought. "There is strength in numbers. You should consider telling them so they might be prepared for the worst case scenario."

Azure had little experience with loners and had never been the type to be inviting wolves in like his kindhearted father had done all his life. If Lucette were an aged wolf aware of the risks and vehemently against the protection of a pack, he knew he'd never consider offering her sanctuary. For a child, however, - and one so fervently determined to keep safe the ones she loves - the Champion would be remiss to not leave the option open. "My pack is the Armada, we are nestled in the northern mountain Col not far from here. We have taken many homeless wolves under our wings, half a dozen of them running from enemies the same way you are now. We have yet to fail to keep our promise of protection to them and I am certain that the demons of your past would fall beneath us the same way countless others have. While we are large, we have space for many more. Including you, Bae-syl, and your parents as well."

He paused, regarding her calmly and doing his best to keep his tone level as to not make her feel forced or intimidated into the position. "We are known for our warriors, we have trained many of the most elite fighters Boreas has seen. You would be given the opportunity to learn to defend yourself, and your friend would be able to train under wise wolves with exceptional skill and experience. Teachers who could help to calm his rash impulses and ensure that he knows how to keep both of you safe without putting himself in harm's way unnecessarily. We could make use of your skills as well, we always find ourselves short on healers capable of keeping such a large number of wolves healthy."

"I will leave it up to you, to sleep on if you wish. I will not force you to come, I only wish to see you and yours protected and able to grow. If you decide it is something you'd like to try, call for me at my borders just west of the Battlefield. If you cannot get past your friend's youthful stubbornness and find a way to accept, I will not begrudge you for it."

"Speech"

Lucette

Loner

Advanced Healer (85)

Advanced Navigator (90)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light

09-01-2022, 10:17 PM

Lucette’s shook her head as Azure spoke. “Bae-Syl’s cousins are after him. They would attack me for being close, but since my parents went North, they will be safe. Out of harm's way. The cousins wouldn’t know about them knowing Bae-Syl at all. I…” Lucy frowned. “I’m a little worried about telling them, truthfully. My mom already… well… thought Bae-Syl was someone who might have had me as a slave and attacked him once.” She frowned at the memory. She didn’t want to be separated from Bae-Syl, and that was why she was so worried about telling them anything at all. What parent in their right mind would knowingly leave a child in a dangerous situation?

“I don’t want to be separated from Bae…” Even if staying with him could risk her life she had developed a bond with the other yearling, one that she didn’t want to be severed. She didn’t realize that her feelings for Bae-Syl were stronger than mere friendship yet, too young to understand such things, but they were there. Azure continued to speak, bringing up his pack, and offered protection to her, to Bae-Syl, and even her parents, if they weren’t already off in another pack. Lucette frowned thoughtfully.

He had a point… there was definitely strength in numbers and a pack experienced with such things would be the safest option. She shifted though, uneasy, not wanting to upset Bae-Syl… but at the same time, she wanted to say yes. She was scared, no, terrified of what might happen if she actually met those cousins. Of what they might do to her just to hurt Bae-Syl and keep him under their paw. And, though Lucy would never admit it openly, she knew Bae worried about the same thing too… about turning on her one day. What would she do if it was just her then? She couldn’t exactly fight him. Gods, she knew she wouldn’t be able to… kill him… if it came down to it… like he wanted…

“I’ll have to talk it over with Bae… It’s not my decision alone.” Lucy shifted a little and glanced at Azure. The mix of emotion and fear in her eyes was clear. She didn’t want to have to think about it, but she was being respectful of someone she cared about. “I will keep the knowledge of the Armada stored away though. I wish I could say that I wouldn’t need their protection but, well, you and I both know that would be a lie.” Her gaze swept out over the knolls.

“I love exploring, and meeting others, but I’m not immune to danger… or getting hurt. The last thing I want is to end up worn like some cape by some sick wolf whose only intention is hurting someone I care for and trying to control them by killing me.” She furrowed her brow. “I hope it won’t be the case, Azure, but I may one day need to come to your pack alone…” She didn’t go into further detail for now, but she looked back at him gratitude mingling with the rest of her emotions.

“Thank you for your offer though, Azure. It is… more appreciated than you know.”

"Talk, 'Think.'

Azure

Loner

Master Fighter (935)

Master Hunter (555)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

09-03-2022, 11:37 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2022, 11:39 PM by Azure. Edited 2 times in total.)

Azure blinked as she explained that her parents were north, the meaning behind the words sinking in at last. This yearling did not have the protection of her parents, they were in another pack entirely? His tattered ears flicked back briefly, the only show of emotion that was unconcealed at the realization. Had she mentioned that earlier? It was possible she had - Azure had a bad habit of half-ignoring things children said on his best days, but now that he was more 'invested' in her well being, the idea was that much more upsetting. "I see."He commented softly, unwilling to speak poorly about the girl's parents and his true thoughts on what sort of wolf would go join a pack and not bring their child along.

To his offer, Lucette insisted she had to speak to her friend. Azure's large head nodded slowly (he'd anticipated as much, from how much he'd heard of the stubborn and rash male already) and did not argue it. She seemed uncertain and even perhaps a bit afraid, and Azure wished he was better at reading a wolf's emotions so he could determine whether her consideration was out of niceties or genuine desire pushed down by fear. "The offer will remain open."He assured her. "I would not want to see you made a cape either, I've bloodied enough wolves this season, I would not wish to be forced to avenge you." The comment of one day perhaps needing to come alone did confuse him, though he kept the question to himself - knowing that with how talkative this child was, if it was something she was willing to share that she would have already.

With a sigh he turned his head back to the north, squinting over the trees toward the distant mountain beyond. "Regrettably, I must be heading home now. But do keep my offer in mind, and take it to your Bae-Syl." He rocked on his paws a moment, considering further before adding a bit more. "If you find yourself in danger, you can come as well. Whether you wish to join or not, alright? Just let me know."Tenderness was not his strongest attribute and there was a clear awkwardness in his tone as he extended the revised offer. Regardless of whether she was or would be one day his pack member, Azure felt an odd sort of desire to offer his protection. Likely some freaky inheritance from Sirius, he assumed. Nodding his head in farewell, he turned and moved to depart. "Take care, and stay safe."

-attempted exit-

"Speech"

Lucette

Loner

Advanced Healer (85)

Advanced Navigator (90)

gems
size
Extra small
build
Light

09-12-2022, 12:20 AM

At least Azure seemed to understand. He made the comment that the offer would remain open and for that Lucette was grateful. He didn’t press on the matter either, nor did he question why she might need to come alone, though he seemed to be against the idea of a wolf wearing her as a cape. That brought a sense of peace to the yearling. Just knowing there were more wolves who might care about her. Unfortunately, however, Azure had to get going. Lucy almost felt sad to know that he had to leave. Her ears lowered some… though Azure’s next words gave her some hope.

“Thank you, I’ll definitely keep it in mind. Please be safe on your travels home.” She watched him head off and almost wished she had Bae-Syl here to argue that they should go with him. For now, however, her gaze shifted to Ink, the small companion looking thoughtfully up at her. “We’ll be alright… we have a backup plan if things… do go south.” She didn’t want to think badly of Bae-Syl or consider he might become bad, but being realistic was important at times too.

For now, Lucette got up, heading over to one of the mounds covered with thick, lush grass. She sniffed at it, carefully starting to set a paw down, but an ominous feeling told her not to continue. She almost felt like there was something here. Deep beneath the Earth…

…but whatever it was, well, she wasn’t sure she wanted to really know what it was. Maybe it was time to return to Bae-Syl and talk to him about Azure’s offer.

3 / 3 Navigation ;; Buffalo Knolls

-End-
"Talk, 'Think.'